Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,125 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling (54463 Views)

Odemwingie announces retirement from football / Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football / WWE Legend Big Show Has Retired From Wrestling After His Contract Expired (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by Ishilove: 6:13pm On Jun 22, 2020
IVORY2009:

I was crying, when I was checking the webpage, I usually check from, some years ago, I can remember the website again, it is really unfortunate, and the most painful part is that most of them do die as a result of "heart attack".
I think it is all those steroids that weaken their heart. One of them, he wore a mask and acted the asshole announced in 2018 or so that he had a weak heart and the doctors have him 3-6months to live
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by Ishilove: 6:14pm On Jun 22, 2020
naptu2:

The British Bulldogs were Davey Boy and Dynamite Kid.
I was more aquatinted with Davey Boy
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by Ishilove: 6:15pm On Jun 22, 2020
Omoluabi16:
british bull dog no dey again. Saw your post on rikishi, and i remembered his finishing 'fat-greasy-ass move' shocked
Lord was that disgusting smiley

1 Like

Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by IVORY2009(m): 6:25pm On Jun 22, 2020
Ishilove:

I think it is all those steroids that weaken their heart. One of them, he wore a mask and acted the asshole announced in 2018 or so that he had a weak heart and the doctors have him 3-6months to live

Oh cry cry
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by etrange: 6:33pm On Jun 22, 2020
Gbest90:

A lot is gone.

The script writing is no longer top notch.
And apart from Roman reigns and Lesnar, there are not many other world class entertainers.

I seriously missed the days of Triple H, Shawn Michael's, Great Khali, young John Cena, Cane, Mystereo etc.
These guys made wrestling look so real.

The entertainers they have these days do not make it look real anymore.

So ... "a lot is effing gone"

Lol... this is what we all say once we pass a level or once the people and style we're used to are replaced. Old Nairalanders would say NL is gone cause it's not what it's used to be, older guys would say Nollywood is gone. Some would say their school is gone. We hear this all the time. But at the end, it's just the style that changed. Script writers and wrestlers are changed, the newer ones are obliged to cater for the desires of the newer generation and if they aren't complaining, then I'm right to say wresting is gone, your era just passed. This is how life works.
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by Leonbonapart(m): 8:06pm On Jun 22, 2020
bluefilm:
But how will this news stop the spread of coronavirus?
Corona virus was a lie the whole time
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by madjune(m): 8:18pm On Jun 22, 2020
The man who walks with the angels.
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by aalangel(f): 8:41pm On Jun 22, 2020
Thought he retired already..
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by bluefilm: 9:24pm On Jun 22, 2020
Leonbonapart:
Corona virus was a lie the whole time

Point of correction.

Coronavirus was a never a lie.

The virus is real.

The lie was the reaction towards it.

The aim was to scare everyone to the point that people will be willing to accept any type solution for the ''dreaded'' virus, including losing their freedom and accepting the global lockdowns which I still prefer to refer to as the global House Arrest.

Sadly, you cannot continue deceiving ALL the people ALL the time.

Some people will eventually see through the whole lie.

People have now come to realize that the so called ''dreaded'' virus is something we can comfortably live with and lives goes on!

1 Like

Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by Leonbonapart(m): 9:25pm On Jun 22, 2020
bluefilm:

Point of correction.

Coronavirus was a never a lie.

The virus is real.

The lie was the reaction towards it.

The aim was to scare everyone to the point that people will be willing to accept any type solution for the ''dreaded'' virus, including losing their freedom and accepting the global lockdowns which I still prefer to refer to as the global House Arrest.

Sadly, you cannot continue deceiving ALL the people ALL the time.

Some people will eventually see through the whole lie.
corona virus is a terrible lie
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by bluefilm: 9:28pm On Jun 22, 2020
Leonbonapart:
corona virus is a terrible lie

Okay, why do you say it is a lie?

Give me your reasons.
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by Gbest90(m): 9:46pm On Jun 22, 2020
etrange:

Lol... this is what we all say once we pass a level or once the people and style we're used to are replaced. Old Nairalanders would say NL is gone cause it's not what it's used to be, older guys would say Nollywood is gone. Some would say their school is gone. We hear this all the time. But at the end, it's just the style that changed. Script writers and wrestlers are changed, the newer ones are obliged to cater for the desires of the newer generation and if they aren't complaining, then I'm right to say wresting is gone, your era just passed. This is how life works.

Ur getting it wrong dude.

I know it's bound to change. But so long as the quality is still there, then it's OK.
Take football for example. We've seen a lot of legendary players in times past. But there are still a lot of quality players still in the game, who can be compared (or even surpass) to past legends, which is OK.

BUT there are now very few quality entertainers in WWE, which is why I said that a lot is effing gone.
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by etrange: 9:53pm On Jun 22, 2020
Gbest90:

Ur getting it wrong dude.

I know it's bound to change. But so long as the quality is still there, then it's OK.
Take football for example. We've seen a lot of legendary players in times past. But there are still a lot of quality players still in the game, who can be compared (or even surpass) to past legends, which is OK.

BUT there are now very few quality entertainers in WWE, which is why I said that a lot is effing gone.

Ok sir
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by Credobee(m): 9:59pm On Jun 22, 2020
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by stormborn28(m): 9:59pm On Jun 22, 2020
TriCee:
Legend!
King of 'smackdowns'
Wrestle Mania boss

Quick question: is this the same Undertaker that we all watched growing up in the 90's?? Because I don't understand why he just retired.
there was one before him.. Immediately he came that one left the scene... That one is of the 80s and early 90s
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by Gbest90(m): 10:01pm On Jun 22, 2020
etrange:

Ok sir
Ur wlcm
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by Gbest90(m): 10:01pm On Jun 22, 2020
etrange:

Ok sir
Ur wlcm
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by micfoley: 10:06pm On Jun 22, 2020
The greatest entrance....... no doubt
The greatest gimmicl,,,,,,,,,,, for sure
The greatest wrestler,................ arguably
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by stormborn28(m): 10:10pm On Jun 22, 2020
2cribz:
Wwf don cast.
Take us back to 1999 to 2005 when wef was hot cake
yeah..WWF before it became WWE
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by stormborn28(m): 10:12pm On Jun 22, 2020
Soulsymbol99:
Three decades people cool wonder if there will ever be an entrance in WWE like his That GONG sends chillz dwn his opponents spine grin dude defects you mentality first before the physicality cool
he goes spiritual
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by stormborn28(m): 10:21pm On Jun 22, 2020
Grandmeister:
Top 5 greatest wwe wrestler...I even thought he debuted earlier than 1990..remember his early days with Pallbearer his sidekick...eventually I outgrew WWF abi na WWE now..
there was one undertaker earlier than him. That one left the moment he came in... There was a scene in which both of them meant in the ring. After a close stare at each other they pathed ways and the former never came back to wrestling again
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by stormborn28(m): 10:27pm On Jun 22, 2020
vivaciousvivi:
I can't believe he is just 55yrs old.
Would have expected he was way older as I have been watching him since I was little.
I remember I would go and hide and watch from the corner of my eyes when that his "Death" music would start to play heralding his entrance - sometimes with a coffin! tongue
He has truly accomplished a lot.

Mil Mascaras! cheesy
The man with a million masks - or so its claimed.
I recall it was always a pleasure when he was down for opponents to try to unmask him - and they never succeed.
I heard he is dead now

there was one undertaker earlier than him. That one left the moment he came in... There was a scene in which both of them meant in the ring. After a close stare at each other they pathed ways and the former never came back to wrestling again.

1 Like

Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by stormborn28(m): 10:35pm On Jun 22, 2020
Kingscee:
55 years? it's like we have 2 or 3 undertakers in making, I was so little when watching undertaker back then as a kid.
there was one before him. That reigned in the 80s to early 90s before this very one
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by stormborn28(m): 10:39pm On Jun 22, 2020
Kingnelson9:
Are telling us that his 55yrs ? I doubt it bro,i have been hearin this name for ages.he should be close to 70yrs nw.
there was one before him
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jun 22, 2020
stormborn28:
there was one before him. That reigned in the 80s to early 90s before this very one
Thanks for the clarification
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by stormborn28(m): 10:42pm On Jun 22, 2020
Reex12:
small boys don beat beat this oldman tire,about time he realized himself and walkaway with the little pride and glory he has. The likes of the rock and shawn michaels don leave the game tey tey.
Even Goldberg com bck to show himself naso brock lesnar nack am akpako.
you be bahhddd guy.. grin grin grin grin grin

To be sincere that defeat of Goldberg to Brook Lesnar , I hated it. I couldn't believe it.. Till date I still think about it
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by stormborn28(m): 10:43pm On Jun 22, 2020
Kingscee:

Thanks for the clarification
you are welcome
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by stormborn28(m): 10:45pm On Jun 22, 2020
andrewtosin:
I thought he has retired since oh. tongue
The guy have tayy well well

My favorite match then was between him and Stone Cold cheesy
who won
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by andrewtosin(m): 10:50pm On Jun 22, 2020
It was a looooong fight mehn.
Stone Cold didn't succumb oh. It took the help of the referee for him to defeat stone cold because Undertaker had already broken his legs so he couldn't walk grin.
The fight was interesting mehn
stormborn28:
who won
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by stormborn28(m): 11:02pm On Jun 22, 2020
andrewtosin:
It was a looooong fight mehn.
Stone Cold didn't succumb oh. It took the help of the referee for him to defeat stone cold because Undertaker had already broken his legs so he couldn't walk grin.
The fight was interesting mehn
I knew it won't be that easy.. I followed Stone Cold right from when he started rising to stardom... Can can watch the fight between him and Bret Hart you will understand... Some fight in WWF were very real. Not WWE. I think after that fight Bret Hart went into retirement..
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by stormborn28(m): 11:07pm On Jun 22, 2020
snoopanddre:
Hulk Hogan is my favorite too and one thing am yet to fully understand is whether WWF was scripted just like WWE? I need someone to help me clear this once and for all.
I don't think all fight in WWF were scripted.. Please watch the fight between Stone Cold and Bret Hart.. This is when Stone Cold started rising to stardom
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by andrewtosin(m): 11:20pm On Jun 22, 2020
I think Bret Hart retired early 2000 or thereabouts.

Another match was match between Stone Cold and The Rock. Omo nobody won that match oh. cheesy before they finished the program (as it was a TV station that was showing it every weekday)
I later heard from those that watched the WWE video later that Stone Cold won
stormborn28:
I knew it won't be that easy.. I followed Stone Cold right from when he started rising to stardom... Can can watch the fight between him and Bret Hart you will understand... Some fight in WWF were very real. Not WWE. I think after that fight Bret Hart went into retirement..

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

2018 World Cup: Maduka Okoye To Join Super Eagles / Odion Ighalo’s Mother, Martina, Watches Him Play For The First Time In Stadium / Madagascar 2-0 Nigeria, Fans Blast Leon Balogun, Players After Goal Blunder(Phot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.