Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,714 members, 7,816,944 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling (54457 Views)

Odemwingie announces retirement from football / Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football / WWE Legend Big Show Has Retired From Wrestling After His Contract Expired (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by etrange: 2:22pm On Jun 22, 2020
Softapplez:
I am never going to watch wrestling again like i used to.
What is even there in wrestling to catch your interest?

Everything that makes WWE the fame and popularity they got over the years, is now gone.

The undertaker remains my most loved celebrity ever in the history of my life, after Micheal Jackson and Lionel Messi.

He is the epitome and the standard for world wrestling Entertainment.

Losing his WrestleMania streak to Brock Lesnar is something that i still have never been able to swallow.

They purposely made him lost that match because they knew he had undergone surgery lately before then on his hips and he was not even 50% fit.

But they used his love for the game and their greed to break the streak.

They should have protected the streak as an honour to him for a service well rendered.

The undertaker wowed the world with his talent, puts fear even in the minds of viewers.

He bought a whole level of spirituality to wrestling, nobody does it better than him.

The undertaker is one of the most respected man in the world.
And the most influential man In sports entertainment.

This is why i doubt the credibility of Forbes magazine.

The undertaker will not go to any Country in world and he won't be given a huge Media presence.
Presidents and governors, royalties all wants a feel of that man that has wowed us with his Talent while growing up.

This is why i don't envy this new generation kids at all.

They are now left with mediocre entertainers.

I have followed the undertaker all my life like my life depends on it.

I even knew his wife Michele McColl and she and her former girl was my favourite female wrestlers. Very funny set of ladies and when i discovered she got married to the undertaker, i was so happy.

From softapple to the undertaker.

I am saying thank you for the inspiration and motivations.
For all the lessons you taught us through your career.

So softapple in conjunction with saintsammurai, we are all saying.

Adios my king.

by the order of the Peaky blinders.

Nice writeup but nothing is "gone" in wrestling. Your era just passed.
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by Raskasal(m): 2:28pm On Jun 22, 2020
Oblitz:
grin ah! Please go and rest. I've been watching you since when I was a kid

He's made a hell of money for the WWE... he has announced his retirement before but they still brought him back two years ago... I just love the man

1 Like

Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by Raskasal(m): 2:32pm On Jun 22, 2020
Softapplez:
I am never going to watch wrestling again like i used to.
What is even there in wrestling to catch your interest?

Everything that makes WWE the fame and popularity they got over the years, is now gone.

The undertaker remains my most loved celebrity ever in the history of my life, after Micheal Jackson and Lionel Messi.

He is the epitome and the standard for world wrestling Entertainment.

Losing his WrestleMania streak to Brock Lesnar is something that i still have never been able to swallow.

They purposely made him lost that match because they knew he had undergone surgery lately before then on his hips and he was not even 50% fit.

But they used his love for the game and their greed to break the streak.

They should have protected the streak as an honour to him for a service well rendered.

The undertaker wowed the world with his talent, puts fear even in the minds of viewers.

He bought a whole level of spirituality to wrestling, nobody does it better than him.

The undertaker is one of the most respected man in the world.
And the most influential man In sports entertainment.

This is why i doubt the credibility of Forbes magazine.

The undertaker will not go to any Country in world and he won't be given a huge Media presence.
Presidents and governors, royalties all wants a feel of that man that has wowed us with his Talent while growing up.

This is why i don't envy this new generation kids at all.

They are now left with mediocre entertainers.

I have followed the undertaker all my life like my life depends on it.

I even knew his wife Michele McColl and she and her former girl was my favourite female wrestlers. Very funny set of ladies and when i discovered she got married to the undertaker, i was so happy.

From softapple to the undertaker.

I am saying thank you for the inspiration and motivations.
For all the lessons you taught us through your career.

So softapple in conjunction with saintsammurai, we are all saying.

Adios my king.

by the order of the Peaky blinders.

God bless you brother. I love this man and I will miss him. I never get tired seeing him. And at the sound of his entrance theme, am always happy like it's good to see you. Could you believe I cried when he lost to brock? But then it's a game... Goodbye Taker
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by livebyday(m): 2:43pm On Jun 22, 2020
ilyasom:
Lol who will miss the acting. I hate WWE, I rather watch mixed martial arts

Nobody really cares for you or your opinion
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by SirBunky85(m): 3:32pm On Jun 22, 2020
Sirheny007:
Thank you Mark Callaway for thrilling my childhood!
Although it would have been lovelier if his Wrestlemania streak wasn't broken.

I'm sure the script writers were on hard hashish when they wrote that line.
thanks for educating me on his real name.I have always known him by the name"THE UNDERTAKER"

1 Like

Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by themanderon: 3:37pm On Jun 22, 2020
Introducing from death valley The U N D E R T A K E R.... Gong Gong......
What a wonderful career he has had. One of the greatest entertainers to ever grace the squared circle. He alongside Hulk Hogan, Brett the 'Hitman' Hart, Shawn Michaels, Psycho Sid Vicious, The British Bulldog Davy Boy Smith, The Rock, stone cold Steve Austin, the ultimate Warrior, and several other guys of the Attitude Era etc really made my childhood a swell one. I never thought I would stop watching wrestling considering the Joy it brought me then.
But now it has become a farce. Maybe I lost my interest when I found out it was all scripted, but anyways the undertaker stood head and shoulders above them all.
Now You will finally get the chance to Rest In Peace( Retirement)

Modified: Dude made me choose black as my favorite colour till date. grin
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by chibnnodi: 3:55pm On Jun 22, 2020
The UNDERTAKER brought suspense to WWE and made us felt WWE was real. I argued it with anyone until my father told me, it's all entertainment. The UNDERTAKER has left a shoe that is too big for the new generation to fit in.
Bravo The UNDERTAKER!
I wish you a happy life outside the ring.
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by TRUEBLOOD59(m): 4:00pm On Jun 22, 2020
We will miss u.
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by Ishilove: 4:07pm On Jun 22, 2020
IVORY2009:

Yeah he is gone too.....

Let me post the link for you to check

https://wrestlerdeaths.com/dead-wrestlers/

Even utimate warrior is gone!!!
Ultimate Warrior?? shocked shocked

Nooooooooooooooooo!!!! cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by Reex12(m): 4:18pm On Jun 22, 2020
odigbosky:

Goldberg wen beat brrock lesnar in less than 2 minutes
that was the rematch,when we made his return brocklesnar was his first opponent and he was beat black and blue in fastlane
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by IVORY2009(m): 4:37pm On Jun 22, 2020
Ishilove:

Ultimate Warrior?? shocked shocked

Nooooooooooooooooo!!!! cry cry cry cry cry cry

He died in 2014, he died of heart attack! Bull dog, one of the hearts brother, I guess Owen too has died too

Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by BluntTheApostle(m): 4:37pm On Jun 22, 2020
Soulsymbol99:
Three decades people cool wonder if there will ever be an entrance in WWE like his That GONG sends chillz dwn his opponents spine grin dude defects you mentality first before the physicality cool

It was all acting and stunts.

There were scripts that they all played to.
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jun 22, 2020
ThankYouTaker!
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by Soulsymbol99: 4:49pm On Jun 22, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

It was all acting and stunts.

There were scripts that they all played to.

Of course,thats a known fact but the broken bones and torn muscles are real.they say it themselves; YES,ITZ ENTERTAINMENT BUT THE HAZARDS ARE REAL cheesy
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by BluntTheApostle(m): 4:52pm On Jun 22, 2020
Soulsymbol99:

Of course,thats a known fact but the broken bones and torn muscles are real.they say it themselves; YES,ITZ ENTERTAINMENT BUT THE HAZARDS ARE REAL cheesy

Yes.

They are occupational hazards. One of them even lost his life due to a prop malfunction.

These men are primarily stuntsmen just like Jackie Chan. Jackie Chan sustain injuries too when acting.

Some stuntsmen have even died while performing an actor's body double.
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by Ishilove: 4:54pm On Jun 22, 2020
IVORY2009:

He died in 2014, he died of heart attack! Bull dog, one of the hearts brother, I guess Owen too has died too
Bull dog? Nooooooooooooooooooo!!! cry

Owen Hart died long ago
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by Ishilove: 4:55pm On Jun 22, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

Yes.

They are occupational hazards. One of them even lost his life due to a prop malfunction.

These men are primarily stuntsmen just like Jackie Chan. Jackie Chan sustain injuries too when acting.

Some stuntsmen have even died while performing an actor's body double.
Owen Hart?
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by thinkmoney(m): 5:01pm On Jun 22, 2020
Dantee005:
Do not judge.... Every man is entitled to his opinion,likes and dislikes.... Respect that....
Thanks, I see ur point. But I am sincerely concerned about the lack of knowledge in the nation. It shows in our decisions in elections. We suffer collectively as a result of this

1 Like

Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by Darlingboy4sure(m): 5:02pm On Jun 22, 2020
I will miss you the WWE face of fear.
The dead man!
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by nairamaniac: 5:05pm On Jun 22, 2020
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by Gbest90(m): 5:06pm On Jun 22, 2020
etrange:

Nice writeup but nothing is "gone" in wrestling. Your era just passed.

A lot is gone.

The script writing is no longer top notch.
And apart from Roman reigns and Lesnar, there are not many other world class entertainers.

I seriously missed the days of Triple H, Shawn Michael's, Great Khali, young John Cena, Cane, Mystereo etc.
These guys made wrestling look so real.

The entertainers they have these days do not make it look real anymore.

So ... "a lot is effing gone"

1 Like

Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by roomus(m): 5:14pm On Jun 22, 2020
Yea, the fiend guy is good too...added a modern twist to the undertaker kinda dark character we grew up loving in wwf now wwe....thought no one cud pulloff dat scary dark theme like undertaker did till I watched the fiend lately....great character and kinda scary/ invincible in away too

There's this other guy Finn balor and the demon character but he ain't consistent..he's got a nice entrance too when he appears as the demon..

The others are just jokers jare..I just laugh when I watch their theatrics and wack storylines, the argument of wrestling being real or not ended with the newbies, terrible acting aswear.

I just kukuma console myself with UFC no time for acting..one blow lights out grin

KingAzubuike:

There's a new kid on the block called aleister black. And another dude like that that wears white mask and carries lantern (can't remember his name ) but both are doing well with the dark side of wwe.

Edited
Remember now, his name is "the feind"
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by KingAzubuike(f): 5:15pm On Jun 22, 2020
roomus:
Yea, the fiend guy is good too...added a modern twist to the undertaker kinda dark character we grew up loving in wwf now wwe....thought no one cud pulloff dat scary dark theme like undertaker did till I watched the fiend lately....great character and kinda scary/ invincible in away too

There's this other guy Finn balor and the demon character but he ain't consistent..he's got a nice entrance too when he appears as the demon..

The others are just jokers jare..I just laugh when I watch their theatrics and wack storylines, the argument of wrestling being real or not ended with the newbies, terrible acting aswear.

I just kukuma console myself with UFC no time for acting..one blow lights out grin

You can watch nxt. The fights are realistic and more captivating.
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by IVORY2009(m): 5:17pm On Jun 22, 2020
Ishilove:

Bull dog? Nooooooooooooooooooo!!! cry

Owen Hart died long ago

Yes! British Bull Dog, is late too.... "Will confirm"

Abeg your paddy, no too sure of British Bull dog, but pipper, the dude that wears ladies skirt.

The few living are as follows, Halk Hogan, Undertaker, Camara, but he has stroke, etc.

Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by Ishilove: 5:27pm On Jun 22, 2020
IVORY2009:

Yes! British Bull Dog, is late too.... "Will confirm"

Abeg your paddy, no too sure of British Bull dog, but pipper, the dude that wears ladies skirt.

The few living are as follows, Halk Hogan, Undertaker, Camara, but he has stroke, etc.
Davey Boy is the British Bull Dog I grew up watching. I can't remember the name of the skirt wearing dude.

Naptu2?

Camara has stroke? My childhood memories are being tainted cry cry
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by naptu2: 5:31pm On Jun 22, 2020
Ishilove:

Davey Boy is the British Bull Dog I grew up watching. I can't remember the name of the skirt wearing dude.

Naptu2?

Rowdy Roddy Piper in a kilt (skirt).

I think Kamala is diabetic. His leg was amputated. He was in a wheelchair last time I saw him.
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by sageb: 5:33pm On Jun 22, 2020
igbsam:

How about adding Ultimate Warrior to the list. Abi u sef no tie ribbon for your hand after watching his fight ? grin
these men were great wrestlers back in the days. chai! Local man don old oooo.
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by BluntTheApostle(m): 5:34pm On Jun 22, 2020
Ishilove:

Owen Hart?

Yes, Ishi. Owen Hart.

Thank you.
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by IVORY2009(m): 5:34pm On Jun 22, 2020
Ishilove:

Davey Boy is the British Bull Dog I grew up watching. I can't remember the name of the skirt wearing dude. "He is Mr Pipper" I know there is Mr Perfect"

Naptu2?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tampabay.com/hillsborough/tampa-to-the-rescue-as-pro-wrestler-kamala-faces-health-and-money-problems-20190501/%3foutputType=amp

I was crying, when I was checking the webpage, I usually check from, some years ago, I can remember the website again, it is really unfortunate, and the most painful part is that most of them do die as a result of "heart attack".

Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by Bahamas95(m): 5:48pm On Jun 22, 2020
One of my favourite wrestlers back then, thanks for the childhood memories.
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by Omoluabi16(m): 5:55pm On Jun 22, 2020
Ishilove:

Naptu2?

british bull dog no dey again. Saw your post on rikishi, and i remembered his finishing 'fat-greasy-ass move' shocked
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by naptu2: 5:56pm On Jun 22, 2020
Ishilove:

Naptu2?

The British Bulldogs were Davey Boy and Dynamite Kid.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

2018 World Cup: Maduka Okoye To Join Super Eagles / Ronaldinho Or Okocha: Who Is More Skillful? / Odion Ighaloโ€™s Mother, Martina, Watches Him Play For The First Time In Stadium

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.