Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

I Visited Ogba Market In Lagos. Is Lockdown Over? (Photos, Video) - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Visited Ogba Market In Lagos. Is Lockdown Over? (Photos, Video) (56211 Views)

Lockdown: I Visited Shoprite In Ikeja And It Was Empty (Photos, Video) / I Visited A Crowded Lagos Market In Ogba (Photos, Video) / Lockdown: I Visited Ogba Market In Lagos (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Visited Ogba Market In Lagos. Is Lockdown Over? (Photos, Video) by Phyde: 3:16pm On Jun 22, 2020
No crowd here nah, come to Iyana Iba.
Re: I Visited Ogba Market In Lagos. Is Lockdown Over? (Photos, Video) by Adjovi: 3:17pm On Jun 22, 2020
Covid19 it's not as serious as the government is making it to be in Nigeria. Why can't NCDC give us a breakdown from each testing centers according to the number of test they carry out everyday?
Re: I Visited Ogba Market In Lagos. Is Lockdown Over? (Photos, Video) by Omoslim26: 3:22pm On Jun 22, 2020
corona virus over hunger virus anytime anyday

besides the more we show this mumu virus se who Im help

no b person go tell am make im carry im mumu comot for dis unserious country of plenty mad men and women
Re: I Visited Ogba Market In Lagos. Is Lockdown Over? (Photos, Video) by kadiri3(m): 3:24pm On Jun 22, 2020
emerged01:
This shit Is real o! They NCDC just came into my place of work now to test a Lebanese o. I’m just praying now that the result should come out negative because I remembered entering lift with this same man,as a matter of fact I collected money from him last week.
which real or scam mtcheeew
Re: I Visited Ogba Market In Lagos. Is Lockdown Over? (Photos, Video) by investigator007: 3:26pm On Jun 22, 2020
people aren't taking the safety guidelines carefully and that's really dangerous, we are just lucky that many organisations like FCMB, TECNO, dangote group etc have been donating relief materials for the affected, i wonder where we would have been by now.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Visited Ogba Market In Lagos. Is Lockdown Over? (Photos, Video) by kadiri3(m): 3:27pm On Jun 22, 2020
AvalonSpace:
Despite the so called increase of COVID in Lagos, people are still loitering the streets unmasked and nothing is happening.. That's to tell you that this non existent disease is just fake!
all the Lagos cases is just figure
Re: I Visited Ogba Market In Lagos. Is Lockdown Over? (Photos, Video) by olusma23(m): 3:29pm On Jun 22, 2020
Wait till when govt plan to Open Learning institutions and see how these people will start saying things like Corona is outside. My kid won't attend school till next year.

It seems Nigerians don't care about Education and this made the govt to relax and never ready to plan on how schools can resume with adequate protections.
The fact is no one is safe from this shit called corona anymore.
Re: I Visited Ogba Market In Lagos. Is Lockdown Over? (Photos, Video) by astonished: 3:35pm On Jun 22, 2020
go and lock yourself & your family and throw away the key.

The government that make the law are breaking the law.

do you really think they ask you to wear mask because they care about your life, no they don't give a Bleep

1 Like

Re: I Visited Ogba Market In Lagos. Is Lockdown Over? (Photos, Video) by Bluntemperor: 3:43pm On Jun 22, 2020
Jayrockk:
Everybody eye don open na. Dem know say govt just dey use covik one nine to cash out money.

No,bro.
Many Nigerians believed there is Covid-19 but like virtually everything is being politicised and muddle up by Politicians.
How is Covid-19 in Nigeria different from that of America,London and Canada?
While American govt and other European countries planned and provide for their citizens and have feelings for the lives of others,the Nigerian govt-State and Federal could not make tangible plans-especially that many Nigerians were just locked up in there homes without meaningfully palliatives.up till this moment,we are yet to see any meaningful accountability of Covid Funds.A hungry man is an angry man they say.That is why many Nigerians are indifferent,but that doesn't mean Covid-19 don't exist!
Re: I Visited Ogba Market In Lagos. Is Lockdown Over? (Photos, Video) by andyanders: 3:54pm On Jun 22, 2020
Op, what took you to the market as you were also supposed to be in isolation? You went just to take pixs while those who came to the market to buy or sell went there for a purpose.

Do you know in Nigeria, only hunger and killings by herdsmen has taken more lives than covid 19?

The Nigerian government with their audio paliatives whereby they have loothed the covid 19 donation meant for the poor has driven more Nigerians to their graves, hence the poor ones has to danm it and surge out to look for a way to survive.

That is what you are seeing as you only came out from your isolation center to question why Nigerians were not observing the rules.

Something must kill somebody.

2 Likes

Re: I Visited Ogba Market In Lagos. Is Lockdown Over? (Photos, Video) by Luchiana1(f): 3:58pm On Jun 22, 2020
Earn #500 daily without doing anything. Just #1500 for registration coupon number. Dm 080 84 22 68 95
Re: I Visited Ogba Market In Lagos. Is Lockdown Over? (Photos, Video) by emerged01(m): 3:59pm On Jun 22, 2020
kadiri3:
which real or scam mtcheeew
I for post the pictures here but...
Re: I Visited Ogba Market In Lagos. Is Lockdown Over? (Photos, Video) by earnit1: 4:02pm On Jun 22, 2020
yeah
Re: I Visited Ogba Market In Lagos. Is Lockdown Over? (Photos, Video) by Bahdsypha(m): 4:10pm On Jun 22, 2020
sammirano:
What should people be afraid of exactly? Is it the virus that killed someone, that knows somebody they know or a paper virus figure? Government is not giving up anything, they don't care, to begin with, and since they cashed, its time to move on.
I KNOW someone that has died from the virus
it's not a joke
that you don't know does not mean it exists
Re: I Visited Ogba Market In Lagos. Is Lockdown Over? (Photos, Video) by cocolacec(m): 4:13pm On Jun 22, 2020
ToluNazzal:
So, I visited a market in Ogba, Lagos and the crowd i saw there made me to start asking if Lockdown is actually over because people went about their business like there was nothing to be scared of.

It also seems like the number of people using face masks has reduced to the barest minimum. Has the Government given up on the fight against the Corona Virus?

Watch the Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_mavu8ViSI

Below are images of the market

Face masks are not used in Sweden despite having over 54,000 cases.
Re: I Visited Ogba Market In Lagos. Is Lockdown Over? (Photos, Video) by Bahdsypha(m): 4:13pm On Jun 22, 2020
Jayrockk:
Everybody eye don open na. Dem know say govt just dey use covik one nine to cash out money.
I pray you and everyone that liked your comment should not lose anybody to this virus
No use because say you no sabi person wey don die to be careless
I lost a friend to this virus
Re: I Visited Ogba Market In Lagos. Is Lockdown Over? (Photos, Video) by Bahdsypha(m): 4:14pm On Jun 22, 2020
Adjovi:
Covid19 it's not as serious as the government is making it to be in Nigeria. Why can't NCDC give us a breakdown from each testing centers according to the number of test they carry out everyday?

They actually do it
It's on their website
Re: I Visited Ogba Market In Lagos. Is Lockdown Over? (Photos, Video) by sammirano: 4:21pm On Jun 22, 2020
Bahdsypha:

I KNOW someone that has died from the virus
it's not a joke
that you don't know does not mean it exists

So because you were told the person died from the virus makes it true. Whether the virus is real or not. The govt is so full of s*hit about it.
Re: I Visited Ogba Market In Lagos. Is Lockdown Over? (Photos, Video) by murmee: 4:21pm On Jun 22, 2020
0taPiaPia:
Only ?... Have you gone to oyingbo market or idumota market... You will be in more shock than Bihari tongue
It is because of the one day on and one day off the Lagos state introduced for shop owners and market women.
People who used to do their shopping once or twice a week for both foodstuffs and non foodstuffs have to go out every other day of the week to buy things.
For example, my Plumber went to Odun ade market in Orile on a Friday to buy plumbing materials. He told me that he met a lot of people and there was pushing and shoving.
The reason that happened is because the next market day will be on Monday as Saturdays have been rendered useless for both sellers and buyers. You can imagine the sort of crowd that will be at the same market the following Monday.
Lagos Governor needs return market days to everyday so as to spread the crowd!
Re: I Visited Ogba Market In Lagos. Is Lockdown Over? (Photos, Video) by faithfull18(f): 4:23pm On Jun 22, 2020
motionarena:
Na today u know

The crowd has virtually returned everywhere, social distancing thrown out the window. I don't even know the point of still Keeping schools and religious centers on lockdown.

Government should just reopen everywhere and lets flex d virus
Lol, flex alone.
Re: I Visited Ogba Market In Lagos. Is Lockdown Over? (Photos, Video) by Biodun1929(m): 4:31pm On Jun 22, 2020
ghettokid1:
Its like u re just visiting Lagos for the first time is your life

grin grin grin
Re: I Visited Ogba Market In Lagos. Is Lockdown Over? (Photos, Video) by TruthHurts100: 4:37pm On Jun 22, 2020
ToluNazzal:
So, I visited a market in Ogba, Lagos and the crowd i saw there made me to start asking if Lockdown is actually over because people went about their business like there was nothing to be scared of.

It also seems like the number of people using face masks has reduced to the barest minimum. Has the Government given up on the fight against the Corona Virus?

Watch the Video

They are saying enough is enough.
Re: I Visited Ogba Market In Lagos. Is Lockdown Over? (Photos, Video) by 0taPiaPia(m): 4:50pm On Jun 22, 2020
murmee:
It is because of the one day on and one day off the Lagos state introduced for shop owners and market women.
People who used to do their shopping once or twice a week for both foodstuffs and non foodstuffs have to go out every other day of the week to buy things.
For example, my Plumber went to Odun ade market in Orile on a Friday to buy plumbing materials. He told me that he met a lot of people and there was pushing and shoving.
The reason that happened is because the next market day will be on Monday as Saturdays have been rendered useless for both sellers and buyers. You can imagine the sort of crowd that will be at the same market the following Monday.
Lagos Governor needs return market days to everyday so as to spread the crowd!

The point is, the policy is flawed in itself and has done more harm than good.
Re: I Visited Ogba Market In Lagos. Is Lockdown Over? (Photos, Video) by Owned: 5:03pm On Jun 22, 2020
ghettokid1:
Its like u re just visiting Lagos for the first time is your life
8-) i wonder oh,
Re: I Visited Ogba Market In Lagos. Is Lockdown Over? (Photos, Video) by MisterChairman(m): 5:14pm On Jun 22, 2020
olofofo .. nor go mind your business !
Re: I Visited Ogba Market In Lagos. Is Lockdown Over? (Photos, Video) by topazCaro: 5:19pm On Jun 22, 2020
please is better they open school private teachers are really down not even a phone call from their so call employers and many have gone to market in sell of anything.
Re: I Visited Ogba Market In Lagos. Is Lockdown Over? (Photos, Video) by Bahdsypha(m): 5:36pm On Jun 22, 2020
sammirano:

So because you were told the person died from the virus makes it true. Whether the virus is real or not. The govt is so full of s*hit about it.

I was not told

I work in a hospital

This person was a returnee, a great guy
A true friend
He had pre-existing a condition; diabetes
He had all the symptoms, but they most prevalent one was difficulty breathing

The Nigerian government is shit, everyone knows..
But I don't think they'd shut their economy for 2weeks for nothing

The government has nothing to gain by manipulating those figures
Re: I Visited Ogba Market In Lagos. Is Lockdown Over? (Photos, Video) by AsawanaDgreat: 5:38pm On Jun 22, 2020
Angelfrost:

Not just Lagos...

Go round most parts of the nation... No one really gives a sh*t anymore. Hunger is a more pressing issue many are trying to sort out.

You can't force compliance on a mass of hungry people who are yet to actually see the impact of the so called pandemic around them.
you are right Sha
Re: I Visited Ogba Market In Lagos. Is Lockdown Over? (Photos, Video) by sammirano: 5:45pm On Jun 22, 2020
Bahdsypha:

I was not told

I work in a hospital

This person was a returnee, a great guy
A true friend
He had pre-existing a condition; diabetes
He had all the symptoms, but they most prevalent one was difficulty breathing

The Nigerian government is shit, everyone knows..
But I don't think they'd shut their economy for 2weeks for nothing

[/b]The government has nothing to gain by manipulating those figures

Seriously? The Nigeria govt. Has nothing to gain . hilarious

Well, you claimed the person is a returnee.. Red flag.

Pre-existing condition another flag

The fact is that if the disease is as real as they put it, then at least 80% of Nigerians had at one time being infected without showing any symptoms. All in all, the virus is incapable in our society. Their lockdown has achieved nothing.
Re: I Visited Ogba Market In Lagos. Is Lockdown Over? (Photos, Video) by jasent(m): 5:56pm On Jun 22, 2020
ToluNazzal:

Watch the Video

And you didn't wear mask too,is that not hypocrisy?
Re: I Visited Ogba Market In Lagos. Is Lockdown Over? (Photos, Video) by Bahdsypha(m): 6:07pm On Jun 22, 2020
sammirano:

Seriously? The Nigeria govt. Has nothing to gain . hilarious

Well, you claimed the person is a returnee.. Red flag.

Pre-existing condition another flag

The fact is that if the disease is as real as they put it, then at least 80% of Nigerians had at one time being infected without showing any symptoms. All in all, the virus is incapable in our society. Their lockdown has achieved nothing.

I want to know what a country will gain.
By locking down their economy..losing billions of naira, the lockdown coupled with oil prices almost plunged your country into recession

Corona virus is real and in Nigeria.
You can argue about the figures released but don't doubt its existence
Check its trajectory in countries that are like Nigeria(in population, access/cost of healthcare)like: India, Brazil and Bangladesh..Nigeria is on that track
it'll get worse...we don't have the measures of stopping it, you healthcare system is a joke
I dey beg you...stay safe
Nobody deserves to suffer or die from this

The goodnews is that the chance of surviving from the virus is soo great
Re: I Visited Ogba Market In Lagos. Is Lockdown Over? (Photos, Video) by Reelnah: 7:29pm On Jun 22, 2020
Even when their was weeks of lock down, market was over full... not just today... man must survive...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Caption This Hilarious Pic Of A Woman Withdrawing Money From ATM / Alhaji Suya In London Opened By Abdullahi Mai Kano (Photos) / Picture Of New Naira Note :A Nairalander Withdraw This Morning At The Atm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.