Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,047 members, 7,825,339 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Which Option Should I Choose? To Travel Out Or? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Which Option Should I Choose? To Travel Out Or? (1019 Views)

Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? / Why Do Your Friends Ignore You When They Finally Travel Out Of The Country? / Those Intending To Travel Out, Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Option Should I Choose? To Travel Out Or? by ramson55(m): 3:08pm On Jun 22, 2020
I started my barbing salon shop 2 years ago in lagos and it has gone far. I have 2 other locations in my area too. I am making up to 100k monthly from my 3 shops and other ventures. Aside that, I also set up barbing shop for people at a fee and also do home barbing services. But now, my sister in middle East Oman to be precise is telling me about an opportunity to UAE �� for job. So I am considering it and at the same time my job. Please I don't know which options to go for. Any suggestions is welcome... No insults please. Mind u, I am married with 2 kids.

Mods please move to front page for wider view.

1 Like

Re: Which Option Should I Choose? To Travel Out Or? by horlahsunbo225(m): 3:10pm On Jun 22, 2020
Abeg they enjoy ur barbing in Nigeria
Re: Which Option Should I Choose? To Travel Out Or? by MrOjay1(m): 3:13pm On Jun 22, 2020
You're obviously doing well here in Nigeria so it's better you stay here.

And you have a young family too that you should consider before seeking to move abroad.
Re: Which Option Should I Choose? To Travel Out Or? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jun 22, 2020
100k monthly? Oga enjoy ur self made job... Why leave being an entrepreneur to be a slave of Arab man in the name of job? Wished I have such opportunity, mehn I go rock am and go UAE for vacation rather

3 Likes

Re: Which Option Should I Choose? To Travel Out Or? by seankafor(m): 3:20pm On Jun 22, 2020
Better be a king in a jungle than a slave in a city..

Right here you have your answer
Re: Which Option Should I Choose? To Travel Out Or? by Aniedi30(m): 3:29pm On Jun 22, 2020
Stay back in Nigeria and hustle my Brother...I have worked and lived outside Nigeria for a very long time and whenever I hear people saying there wanna leave Nigeria to other countries to work or stay is Better here in Nigeria if u have something doing and comfortable , is not always as we think to be in other countries as we see it to be even in America,Thank God for what u have and were u are (peace of mind and comfort is sweeter than anything on earth) who no go will never know ..... Remember it could have being better before this pandemic...Dis pandemic have humbled Nations and their citizens in it no go place them go carry u shine....NAIJA no sweet na now I realized my mistakes that I could have build my home first before another man land na when I lockdown for Nigeria I see say I bleeped up
ramson55:
I started my barbing salon shop 2 years ago in lagos and it has gone far. I have 2 other locations in my area too. I am making up to 100k monthly from my 3 shops and other ventures. Aside that, I also set up barbing shop for people at a fee and also do home barbing services. But now, my sister in middle East Oman to be precise is telling me about an opportunity to UAE �� for job. So I am considering it and at the same time my job. Please I don't know which options to go for. Any suggestions is welcome... No insults please. Mind u, I am married with 2 kids.

Mods please move to front page for wider view.
Re: Which Option Should I Choose? To Travel Out Or? by thesicilian: 3:43pm On Jun 22, 2020
How much is 100k monthly for a single guy, not to talk of a married man with kids? How long will it take you to save to buy a good car or get a house for yourself?

My advice to you is to hand over your barbing salons to a trusted brother, friend, or maybe your wife to manage for you for some months and go hustle abroad. If it works out, you get enough money to relocate to a better country, or set up yourself better back home in Nigeria. If it doesn't work out, you still have your salons to fall back on.

Life's an adventure, you only get what you reach out for.

8 Likes

Re: Which Option Should I Choose? To Travel Out Or? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jun 22, 2020
The job opportunity in UAE, is it to work as a barber or something else?
Do you intend to close your shops and travel out, or the shops will keep running and providing money in your absence?
Do you intend to travel alone or with your family?
Do you have a job waiting for you there or are you supposed to find one after you arrive?

PS: Don’t listen to any Nigerian that lives abroad and is telling you life in Nigeria is better than life abroad. Except the person is actually in UAE and can offer first hand information based on experience.

2 Likes

Re: Which Option Should I Choose? To Travel Out Or? by JustEdward(m): 3:48pm On Jun 22, 2020
Well if you are sure that you are making it here in nigeria up too this amount you mentioned then no problem you traveling..... But since ur sister recommend the job and say an opportunity then cant your wife handle the job if no she cant then you can stay back.. if yes then give it a traial anything anybody is telling you that nigeria is sweeter than another man land my brother dont listen to them, go and have first hand experience ur destiny and them re not the same
Re: Which Option Should I Choose? To Travel Out Or? by Kenn55: 3:50pm On Jun 22, 2020
@OP stay back in Nigeria.

If you must travel, then travel to countries where you can make a home yourself and children and get a valuable second passport. Unfortunately, there are just few countries in this category.
Don't just travel for the sake of making money or for the sake of travelling.

1 Like

Re: Which Option Should I Choose? To Travel Out Or? by Venddetta: 4:02pm On Jun 22, 2020
seankafor:
Better be a king in a jungle than a slave in a city..

Right here you have your answer
So with 100k monthly in a city like Lagos, and a wife and 2 children, you think he's a king?

2 Likes

Re: Which Option Should I Choose? To Travel Out Or? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jun 22, 2020
Venddetta:

So with 100k monthly in a city like Lagos, and a wife and 2 children, you think he's a king?
oga how much is bank staff salary per month? Together with lag traffic to and fro? You sef reason am na
Re: Which Option Should I Choose? To Travel Out Or? by Deltayankeeboi: 7:08pm On Jun 22, 2020
Aniedi30:
Stay back in Nigeria and hustle my Brother...I have worked and lived outside Nigeria for a very long time and whenever I hear people saying there wanna leave Nigeria to other countries to work or stay is Better here in Nigeria if u have something doing and comfortable , is not always as we think to be in other countries as we see it to be even in America,Thank God for what u have and were u are (peace of mind and comfort is sweeter than anything on earth) who no go will never know ..... Remember it could have being better before this pandemic...Dis pandemic have humbled Nations and their citizens in it no go place them go carry u shine....NAIJA no sweet na now I realized my mistakes that I could have build my home first before another man land na when I lockdown for Nigeria I see say I bleeped up

Oga if abroad no favour you, run back home. E no work for you no mean say e no go work for others. Or better still, share your failures so others can learn and not make the same mistakes you made.

Stop discouraging others that wish to travel out.

4 Likes

Re: Which Option Should I Choose? To Travel Out Or? by Aniedi30(m): 8:00pm On Jun 22, 2020
Deltayankeeboi:

Oga if abroad no favour you, run back home. E no work for you no mean say e no go work for others. Or better still, share your failures so others can learn and not make the same mistakes you made.

Stop discouraging others that wish to travel out.
Did u Read well before u comment? I didn't discouraged anyone..wat I said is a fact, My advice to him have nothing to do with failure because am fuckenly okay....he has a business bringing him 100k every month in time he will have more than that his a married man with kids...is a forum he can take my advice or live it.
Re: Which Option Should I Choose? To Travel Out Or? by alien1: 1:02pm On Jun 26, 2020
other foreign country... yes
UAE... NO

Re: Which Option Should I Choose? To Travel Out Or? by Dyonne: 12:45am On Jun 27, 2020
OP, 100k isnt much especially for a family man but you seem to be an enterprising person. You have the capacity to make more and even own a small business empire of your own.

I'd say give it careful thought. Ask questions then make your decision.

(1) (Reply)

A Nairalander's Visit To Calabar ,cross River State / My Intended Travling Plans / Relocating To Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.