Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,565 members, 7,816,383 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

She Couldn't Give Me Help When I Needed. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / She Couldn't Give Me Help When I Needed. (1349 Views)

My Boyfriend Is On The Verge Of Leaving Me. Help! / A 2 and half year Old Beating With Turning Stick Because She Couldn't Count / Nigerian Lady Who Was Told She Couldn't Give Birth Again, Gives Birth To Twins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Couldn't Give Me Help When I Needed. by cdm4live: 5:32pm On Jun 22, 2020
I know in no way am I entitled to what I am about to say but just have to say it.

My brother and his woman has been staying with me for about two months. I know she hasn't been feeling comfortable and has been saving a lot to get her own house.
I won't lie, she has been of help in terms of food and I really appreciate her for that.
My earning in my job is quiet low, just that I have not being able to start a side business basically not knowing what to sell.

Last month, my bro told me the month for their rent is remaining 10k and that I should help. That was my last 10k and won't be having my June salary for obvious reasons. I had to give them the 10k. But things went south and they couldn't get the house. I couldn't ask of my money either because she has been contributing to the feeding.

Last week, on Monday or so, I called someone lootheseg for a job for me and he said the job is available and that I should get him 30k.

I asked my brother if they could assist and after discussing with his woman 5k was brought out. I ran to work to the person who collected the contribution we are doing and he could only offer 5k.

I called the man telling him I have 10k at hand and that I am hustling the remaining. By then I have called on my junior bro to assist although he agreed but couldn't make the transfer that day.

Next day, I got the money from my junior bro and hand it over to the man. He told me other people have taken the position since I wasn't serious.

I am just angry within me but decided not to confront my bro or her woman.

Meanwhile, as I tried taking my cloths from the wall hunger, my hand touched on a shirt and I field money on my bro's pocket. I didn't bother checking that day I just went for in search of where to borrow.

After two days, I was tempted to check, the money has reduced in volume but in 500 notes.

All the woman kept on saying is words of like competing with me. She wanted to rent a self-contained, buy gas, television and all.

Really, I always keep quiet while she says all these. I earn peanut at month end and still attend part time in polytechnic.

I just feel like saying this here to free my mind a bit.
Like I say, I am not entitled to their money but I am just pissed.

Please, pardon my errors and sorry for the lengthy post.
Re: She Couldn't Give Me Help When I Needed. by Kriss216: 5:38pm On Jun 22, 2020
Why would someone demand 30K from you before giving you a job? Isn't that corruption? You should be angry with this person not that innocent girl and her lover

6 Likes

Re: She Couldn't Give Me Help When I Needed. by FunFact: 5:53pm On Jun 22, 2020
The funny stories we read on nairaland everyday

3 Likes

Re: She Couldn't Give Me Help When I Needed. by KindlyAssist: 5:55pm On Jun 22, 2020
In as much as U deserve them assisting you at the time you needed that help, still you may not know what that money is all about.

Please have no grudge against them most especially your brothers wife, sometimes what women brag of is even a borrowed thing that their husband didn't tell them how its gotten..

Don't mind her speech or talks she's consoling herself as she knows they are inconveniencing you...

ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY WILL COME FOR YOU
Re: She Couldn't Give Me Help When I Needed. by Dididrumz(m): 6:06pm On Jun 22, 2020
Kriss216:
Why would someone demand 30K from you before giving you a job? Isn't that corruption? You should be angry with this person not that innocent girl and her lover

Exactly. Maybe they' not giving him the money has actually saved him from loosing 30k.

2 Likes

Re: She Couldn't Give Me Help When I Needed. by cdm4live: 7:43pm On Jun 22, 2020
Dididrumz:

Exactly. Maybe they' not giving him the money has actually saved him from loosing 30k.

There are jobs you can't submit application. It only takes people from inside to help you. How do you even intend to cross the gate?

I know paying that sum isn't right but except God intervenes, in that very company, you can't enter.

About loosing the money, I am not bothered because the man can't run with his family because of 30k, at least I have known him for years.

Another thought, instead of paying 150k to learn the job and still pass through him to enter and paying what he asked for, he teaches you and you are being paid while learning, which would you prefer.

Its just unfortunate that when the money was in my hand he refused to take because no chance then because of Covid and I used some part of the money for our feeding because a woman bringing and you aren't contributing seems insulting.

For corruption, Nigeria is really corrupt.

1 Like

Re: She Couldn't Give Me Help When I Needed. by SirWhiteFish: 8:09pm On Jun 22, 2020
FunFact:
The funny stories we read on nairaland everyday
it's not "funny-story" but a simple reflection of how people can turn out to be ingrates.

The OP gave them shelter and even helped them financially but when it was time for him to b assisted, even though the couples had the money, they acted as if they didn't have much on them.

I don't blame the lady for saying she wants to buy tv and sorts, hold your brother accountable

2 Likes

Re: She Couldn't Give Me Help When I Needed. by sisisioge: 8:18pm On Jun 22, 2020
Relax bro...everything will be alright. May goodness shine on you soon enough...their money is theirs to spend as they please.

Besides, that job might be fake. Who collects money to give job? It is well.

1 Like

Re: She Couldn't Give Me Help When I Needed. by Dididrumz(m): 10:25pm On Jun 22, 2020
cdm4live:

There are jobs you can't submit application. It only takes people from inside to help you. How do you even intend to cross the gate?

I know paying that sum isn't right but except God intervenes, in that very company, you can't enter.

About loosing the money, I am not bothered because the man can't run with his family because of 30k, at least I have known him for years.

Another thought, instead of paying 150k to learn the job and still pass through him to enter and paying what he asked for, he teaches you and you are being paid while learning, which would you prefer.

Its just unfortunate that when the money was in my hand he refused to take because no chance then because of Covid and I used some part of the money for our feeding because a woman bringing and you aren't contributing seems insulting.

For corruption, Nigeria is really corrupt.

I understand Your pain Sha.....
Something good will come.
Just stay positive....

1 Like

Re: She Couldn't Give Me Help When I Needed. by bukatyne(f): 10:38pm On Jun 22, 2020
@cdm4live

Why is this thread directed to your brother's woman when your brother is your direct relative?

4 Likes

Re: She Couldn't Give Me Help When I Needed. by tobechi20(m): 10:51pm On Jun 22, 2020
no one owe u anything in life
Re: She Couldn't Give Me Help When I Needed. by cdm4live: 12:26am On Jun 23, 2020
bukatyne:
@cdm4live

Why is this thread directed to your brother's woman when your brother is your direct relative?

She is in a better position to help because of her finance.

tobechi20:
no one owe u anything in life

Sure, guess I am learning this in a hard way.
Re: She Couldn't Give Me Help When I Needed. by SweetCunt97(f): 4:55am On Jun 23, 2020
cdm4live:

She is in a better position to help because of her finance.

Sure, guess I am learning this in a hard way.
You probably feeling like this because u housing them and gave them 10k. Personally I won't even bring out shishi.

1 Like

Re: She Couldn't Give Me Help When I Needed. by SirWhiteFish: 6:58am On Jun 23, 2020
Most people commenting didn't even read the main post... They just saw the thread title and started posting
Re: She Couldn't Give Me Help When I Needed. by cdm4live: 7:48am On Jun 23, 2020
SweetCunt97:
You probably feeling like this because u housing them and gave them 10k. Personally I won't even bring out shishi.

Yeah, like I said earlier, I am not entitled to their money. But then, that shows the kind of person you are.
Re: She Couldn't Give Me Help When I Needed. by BetterPoison: 8:03am On Jun 23, 2020
SweetCunt97:
it tells so much about your kind of person and psychology
Re: She Couldn't Give Me Help When I Needed. by SweetCunt97(f): 9:21am On Jun 23, 2020
BetterPoison:
it tells so much about your kind of person and psychology
Shey
Re: She Couldn't Give Me Help When I Needed. by SweetCunt97(f): 9:22am On Jun 23, 2020
cdm4live:

Yeah, like I said earlier, I am not entitled to their money. But then, that shows the kind of person you are.
You feel entitled that's y its paining u.
Re: She Couldn't Give Me Help When I Needed. by cdm4live: 10:00am On Jun 23, 2020
SweetCunt97:
You feel entitled that's y its paining u.

It is your cup of tea. I am fine, done what I needed to do and moving my life forward.

grin

You can't give hence the hate.
Re: She Couldn't Give Me Help When I Needed. by SweetCunt97(f): 10:08am On Jun 23, 2020
cdm4live:

It is your cup of tea. I am fine, done what I needed to do and moving my life forward.

grin

You can't give hence the hate.
Smiles, don't be so sure. I'd actually give d whole 30k if it means you getting the job. Offcourse my relationship with the person also matters.

No dey too believe everything wey person post for here.
Re: She Couldn't Give Me Help When I Needed. by cdm4live: 10:58am On Jun 23, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Smiles, don't be so sure. I'd actually give d whole 30k if it means you getting the job. Offcourse my relationship with the person also matters.

No dey too believe everything wey person post for here.

I take risks. I could have easily paid all the money even if I don't get the work. And there is an assurance if the job doesn't come I'll get full return.

Well, whatever, I believe sometimes sacrifice matters.

But then, we are okay.

Life is a lesson and we do really learn and most times in a hard.

Quite true some stories could be faked.

And thanks for the advise.
Re: She Couldn't Give Me Help When I Needed. by frozen70(f): 8:22pm On Jun 23, 2020
cdm4live:
I know in no way am I entitled to what I am about to say but just have to say it.

My brother and his woman has been staying with me for about two months. I know she hasn't been feeling comfortable and has been saving a lot to get her own house.
I won't lie, she has been of help in terms of food and I really appreciate her for that.
My earning in my job is quiet low, just that I have not being able to start a side business basically not knowing what to sell.

Last month, my bro told me the month for their rent is remaining 10k and that I should help. That was my last 10k and won't be having my June salary for obvious reasons. I had to give them the 10k. But things went south and they couldn't get the house. I couldn't ask of my money either because she has been contributing to the feeding.

Last week, on Monday or so, I called someone lootheseg for a job for me and he said the job is available and that I should get him 30k.

I asked my brother if they could assist and after discussing with his woman 5k was brought out. I ran to work to the person who collected the contribution we are doing and he could only offer 5k.

I called the man telling him I have 10k at hand and that I am hustling the remaining. By then I have called on my junior bro to assist although he agreed but couldn't make the transfer that day.

Next day, I got the money from my junior bro and hand it over to the man. He told me other people have taken the position since I wasn't serious.

I am just angry within me but decided not to confront my bro or her woman.

Meanwhile, as I tried taking my cloths from the wall hunger, my hand touched on a shirt and I field money on my bro's pocket. I didn't bother checking that day I just went for in search of where to borrow.

After two days, I was tempted to check, the money has reduced in volume but in 500 notes.

All the woman kept on saying is words of like competing with me. She wanted to rent a self-contained, buy gas, television and all.

Really, I always keep quiet while she says all these. I earn peanut at month end and still attend part time in polytechnic.

I just feel like saying this here to free my mind a bit.
Like I say, I am not entitled to their money but I am just pissed.

Please, pardon my errors and sorry for the lengthy post.

Sorry about that

Just pray they pack out peacefully and let it just end like that

Any time they come to you for favour, treat them your way
Re: She Couldn't Give Me Help When I Needed. by nams77: 9:20pm On Jun 23, 2020
frozen70:

Sorry about that

Just pray they pack out peacefully and let it just end like that

Any time they come to you for favour, treat them your way
Mature comment as always

1 Like

Re: She Couldn't Give Me Help When I Needed. by frozen70(f): 11:08pm On Jun 23, 2020
nams77:

Mature comment as always

Lol, thanks

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

How Would You React If Somebody Hits Your Child For These Reasons? / New Update: My Cousin Sister 2 / MNM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.