Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,991 members, 7,821,456 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

I Miss God. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Miss God. (742 Views)

How being "too religious" made me miss God's help / If I Don't Pay Tithe Will I Miss Heaven? / I Miss Being A Christian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Miss God. by Janeberryy: 6:53am On Jun 23, 2020
I have passed the era of sleepless nights when it finally dawned on me or when I finally succumbed to years of internal battles that have been raging on silently within me.

To help cease this battle, I gave myself to more study to convince myself, more prayers, more sacrifices, more services, I didn't want God to lose. I couldn't bear him to lose, my life, love, family, community and everything I cherish that money cannot buy, depends on it. I was fighting for my life.

I read, I learnt, I saw I became blind, ignorance is bliss. Now I know and I went through my heart break pretty bad. God to me wasn't the angry hell fire one, he wasnt the destroyer of the world, i could explain what happened to Noah! That wasn't God, I could explain what happened to sodom and gommoarrh, that wasn't God! He saves and doesn't destroy, Never has Never will.

So I wasn't afraid to think, because I was never afraid of him, because I know him and know his heart. He gave me structure, waking up to pray gave me sanity, gaurding my heart and mouth gave me wisdom, kindness opened doors to me, keeping my body gave me honor, walking around with my earpiece gave me security.

Now I have Nothing! The battle is over, I miss the sanity, I miss the community, I miss the sacrifices, I miss the labour, I miss the services, I miss the Joy, I miss the family, I miss God. Ignorance is the only bliss I pray for.

#copied

3 Likes

Re: I Miss God. by Nobody: 7:44am On Jun 23, 2020

Hmmmmmmm.....

E get as e be
Re: I Miss God. by Professorcplus(m): 8:00am On Jun 23, 2020
Hmm imagine a world where they are no challenges, problems, just as perfect as it could, people would forget God.

We only remember God when in troubles. Even if heaven is exactly the way it's painted, people will forget God when they make heaven.

2 Likes

Re: I Miss God. by Janeberryy: 9:35am On Jun 23, 2020
Professorcplus:
Hmm imagine a world where they is no challenges, problems, just as perfect as it could, people would forget God.

We only remember God when in troubles. Even if heaven is exactly the way it's painted, people will forget God when they make heaven.

People will go for an higher meaning beyond that perfect world so there would be God
Re: I Miss God. by Janeberryy: 9:35am On Jun 23, 2020
Xavfra:

Hmmmmmmm.....

E get as e be
How
Re: I Miss God. by Professorcplus(m): 9:47am On Jun 23, 2020
Janeberryy:

People will go for an higher meaning beyond that perfect world so there would be God
Lol. I get your view. I'm not disputing the words at bolded. My point is people only remember God when in unpleasant situation.
Re: I Miss God. by Professorcplus(m): 9:53am On Jun 23, 2020
Janeberryy:
I have passed the era of sleepless nights when it finally dawned on me or when I finally succumbed to years of internal battles that have been raging on silently within me.

To help cease this battle, I gave myself to more study to convince myself, more prayers, more sacrifices, more services, I didn't want God to lose. I couldn't bear him to lose, my life, love, family, community and everything I cherish that money cannot buy, depends on it. I was fighting for my life.

I read, I learnt, I saw I became blind, ignorance is bliss. Now I know and I went through my heart break pretty bad. God to me wasn't the angry hell fire one, he wasnt the destroyer of the world, i could explain what happened to Noah! That wasn't God, I could explain what happened to sodom and gommoarrh, that wasn't God! He saves and doesn't destroy, Never has Never will.

So I wasn't afraid to think, because I was never afraid of him, because I know him and know his heart. He gave me structure, waking up to pray gave me sanity, gaurding my heart and mouth gave me wisdom, kindness opened doors to me, keeping my body gave me honor, walking around with my earpiece gave me security.

Now I have Nothing! The battle is over, I miss the sanity, I miss the community, I miss the sacrifices, I miss the labour, I miss the services, I miss the Joy, I miss the family, I miss God. Ignorance is the only bliss I pray for.

#copied
I wanted to ask what prompted you to write this but i saw #copied. Could you recap how this write up aligned to your experience if you care to share with others.
Re: I Miss God. by Janeberryy: 9:56am On Jun 23, 2020
Professorcplus:

Lol. I get your view. I'm not disputing the words at bolded. My point is people only remember God when in unpleasant situation.

Lol true but in that perfect state, people will look for something higher to stop greed or something.

Ok you right something has to be wrong like greed or a feeling of emptiness
Re: I Miss God. by Janeberryy: 9:58am On Jun 23, 2020
Professorcplus:

I wanted to ask what prompted you to write this but i saw #copied. Could you recap how this write up aligned to your experience if you care to share with others.

I love the emotion in it and I am not that religious, so I liked it so I shared.

I think it's nice.
Re: I Miss God. by Dtruthspeaker: 10:31am On Jun 23, 2020
Professorcplus:
Hmm imagine a world where they is no challenges, problems, just as perfect as it could, people would forget God.

No they would not because He is Unforgettable! cheesy
Re: I Miss God. by Dtruthspeaker: 10:37am On Jun 23, 2020
Janeberryy:

Lol true but in that perfect state, people will look for something higher to stop greed or something.

Ok you right something has to be wrong like greed or a feeling of emptiness

"Greed", "Emptiness"?

You know too little of God!
Re: I Miss God. by Professorcplus(m): 10:58am On Jun 23, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

No they would not because He is Unforgettable! cheesy
grin
Re: I Miss God. by Janeberryy: 11:14am On Jun 23, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

"Greed", "Emptiness"?

You know too little of God!

We all know little
Re: I Miss God. by LordReed(m): 11:47am On Jun 23, 2020
The only thing I missed was the community but recently it dawned on me that the grief I thought they'd feel with my leaving is just not there. The agape love is just another fake, it is only the natural human love for community disguised in religious garb.

2 Likes

Re: I Miss God. by Dtruthspeaker: 11:56am On Jun 23, 2020
Janeberryy:

We all know little

Yep, but some of us know a lot more than our brothers and of course we are still waaaay of from reaching 1/12th of God- (I noticed that He likes 12).

But we are still pursuing Him, for we noticed, He does not mind!
Re: I Miss God. by Janeberryy: 12:03pm On Jun 23, 2020
LordReed:
The only thing I missed was the community but recently it dawned on me that the grief I thought they'd feel with my leaving is just not there. The agape love is just another fake, it is only the natural human love for community disguised in religious garb.

Yea. We only love wat is familiar.
Re: I Miss God. by Janeberryy: 12:05pm On Jun 23, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Yep, but some of us know a lot more than our brothers and of course we are still waaaay of from reaching 1/12th of God- (I noticed that He likes 12).

But we are still pursuing Him, for we noticed, He does not mind!

12 because of Israel and disciples ba. Hmmm ok

(1) (Reply)

Covid-19, The World Wide Pandemic That Destroyed Every Religion And Their Gods / Sex Dream / Dr Olukoya: Maureen Badejo, Confess To Your Witchcrafts Of Lies, Deception

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.