Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Ghanaian Monarch On Demolition: Nigeria Wanted To Take Our Land Forcibly - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghanaian Monarch On Demolition: Nigeria Wanted To Take Our Land Forcibly (55780 Views)

Nicholas Ukachukwu: Real Story On Demolition Of Igbo Man Property In Abuja– Wike / Start Relocating’ – Ohanaeze On Demolition Of Igbo-populated Markets In Lagos / Presidency Moves To Forcibly Reconvene Senate, Impeach Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghanaian Monarch On Demolition: Nigeria Wanted To Take Our Land Forcibly by babytoun: 12:57pm On Jun 23, 2020
Just30:
Even the America embassy will not dare to encroach on lands that does not belong to them.

Which other Embassy in Ghana have you ever heard to have encroached on lands.

You can check on how the American Embassy acquired new lands in Accra, The first consulted the Ghanaian Government of their intention before they went to the Chiefs to negotiate the acquisition.

you did not answer his question... can any traditional chief try this with America ?

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Monarch On Demolition: Nigeria Wanted To Take Our Land Forcibly by DexterousOne(m): 12:58pm On Jun 23, 2020
Just30:
Even the America embassy will not dare to encroach on lands that does not belong to them.

Which other Embassy in Ghana have you ever heard to have encroached on lands.

You can check on how the American Embassy acquired new lands in Accra, The first consulted the Ghanaian Government of their intention before they went to the Chiefs to negotiate the acquisition.

What are you talking about?

Do you even know how diplomatic spaces are acquired?

You obviously dont that's why you are talking like this.

Under NO GUISE do you demolish a diplomatic compound

It's a Ghanaian Government and a Nigerian Government matter
Why di Ghanaians sometimes behave like cave men like these

And when it involves Nigeria
Then they even get a hard on.

Una get issues mehn

3 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Monarch On Demolition: Nigeria Wanted To Take Our Land Forcibly by DexterousOne(m): 12:59pm On Jun 23, 2020
babytoun:

you did not answer his question... can any traditional chief try this with America ?

The guy is obviously a retard.

I spend time in Ghana

While some of them are good to me and in general

Some are just retarded...

Especially when it comes to Nigeria and Nigerians

Some of them have issues

3 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Monarch On Demolition: Nigeria Wanted To Take Our Land Forcibly by Kaylet: 1:02pm On Jun 23, 2020
General Sanni Abacha was a soldier in the Nigeria Military
Re: Ghanaian Monarch On Demolition: Nigeria Wanted To Take Our Land Forcibly by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jun 23, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

What are you gonna do? Send an army of Yahoo yahoo boys to scam them? grin
You think fighting an enemy solely depends on arms. Sorry.

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Monarch On Demolition: Nigeria Wanted To Take Our Land Forcibly by babytoun: 1:04pm On Jun 23, 2020
DexterousOne:

The guy is obviously a retard.

I spend time in Ghana

While some of them are good to me and in general

Some are just retarded...

Especially when it comes to Nigeria and Nigerians

Some of them have issues

I currently work in Accra ...that's how they are .. always trying to stand logic on its head when it concerns Nigeria..

Imagine something like this happening less than 1 kilometre from the police Force Headquarters in Abuja..

3 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Monarch On Demolition: Nigeria Wanted To Take Our Land Forcibly by DexterousOne(m): 1:07pm On Jun 23, 2020
babytoun:

I currently work in Accra ...that's how they are .. always trying to stand logic on its head when it concerns Nigeria..

Imagine something like this happening less than 1 kilometre from the police Force Headquarters in Abuja..

The bolded always baffles me

2 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Monarch On Demolition: Nigeria Wanted To Take Our Land Forcibly by Just30: 1:10pm On Jun 23, 2020
Yes they are because the land is not State land.

Not too far from the property.

if you want to ask why it took them an hour before they responded.

The simple answer is, at that time, most of their officers have been deployed on their specific assignment.
The is a patrol responsible for the Osu areas and they are the first responders.
babytoun:

The chief is more powerful than the govt of Ghana in this case ?

I am not a citizen but which Ghana are you talking about...

Now answer this ...how close is the police head quarters to this property ?
Re: Ghanaian Monarch On Demolition: Nigeria Wanted To Take Our Land Forcibly by Jaqenhghar: 1:11pm On Jun 23, 2020
onyechez:

You think fighting an enemy solely depends on arms. Sorry.
Thays why I asked what are you gonna do? Educate mr on your options nah
Re: Ghanaian Monarch On Demolition: Nigeria Wanted To Take Our Land Forcibly by babytoun: 1:15pm On Jun 23, 2020
Just30:

The simple answer is, at that time, most of their officers have been deployed on their specific assignment.
The is a patrol responsible for the Osu areas and they are the first responders.

grin grin you try well well....no comment
Re: Ghanaian Monarch On Demolition: Nigeria Wanted To Take Our Land Forcibly by Just30: 1:15pm On Jun 23, 2020
Pious101:
lol
Are u waiting for it to spelt out before u know the said land is under dispute... The community is claiming ownership and d one building on it is claiming ownership that is why he is building on it. Why would someone build on a land that does not belong to him?
It is already spelt out
The Nigerian High Commission has no claim to the land.

So the land ownership is not in question.

Checks from the Lands Commission in Accra shows that the land is neither registered to them or anybody else, so it still remains a Stool land.

You can only have an ownership claim to a land after you possess ownership document which is given by lands commission.

As to why the Nigerian High Commission was building on lands that they didn't own is something the commission is yet to speak to.

2 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Monarch On Demolition: Nigeria Wanted To Take Our Land Forcibly by DexterousOne(m): 1:16pm On Jun 23, 2020
Just30:

So a supposed "chief" orchestrated the demolition of a diplomatic compound in your country

And you are not ashamed to say this in public

Ghanaians eh cheesy grin cheesy grin tongue

Hahahahahaha

3 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Monarch On Demolition: Nigeria Wanted To Take Our Land Forcibly by Just30: 1:17pm On Jun 23, 2020
babytoun:

I answered his question by saying yes

The even do it to the Ghanaian Government how much more the US government.

I even went further to tell you that the US government will not even build on lands that they dont own.
Re: Ghanaian Monarch On Demolition: Nigeria Wanted To Take Our Land Forcibly by DexterousOne(m): 1:17pm On Jun 23, 2020
babytoun:

The guy mata tire me cheesy grin
Re: Ghanaian Monarch On Demolition: Nigeria Wanted To Take Our Land Forcibly by DexterousOne(m): 1:20pm On Jun 23, 2020
Just30:
I answered his question by saying yes

The even do it to the Ghanaian Government how much more the US government.

I even went further to tell you that the US government will not even build on lands that they dont own.

That is a flat out LIE

There is a procedure to follow when dispute like this is on the table

But many of una no sabi anything

So I am not surprised by the comment

If this was a case of a Nigerian individual or a Nigerian business conglomerate

It's a DIFFERENT CASE.
No one will bat an eyelid.

But this is diplomatic matter

Anyways the Ghanaian govt has apologised to the Nigerian government and have promised to investigate and do something about it...

Because they know better

Unlike the riff raffs in the street gloating about this unfortunate incident
Re: Ghanaian Monarch On Demolition: Nigeria Wanted To Take Our Land Forcibly by Just30: 1:26pm On Jun 23, 2020
Is my english not clear enough that you ask what I'm talking about.

yes i know how diplomatic spaces are assigned and the Nigerian diplomatic space was not vandalized
They wanted to encroach on someone else's property to added to their diplomatic boundary and the person stopped them.

The diplomatic compound of Nigeria was not demolished.
The Osu traditional council knows the Nigerian diplomatic compound boundaries because they were the ones who give out the lands to be given to them.
They stopped the Nigerian Hig Commission from expanding that compound further ILLEGALLY.

It is not a Ghanaian Government and Nigerian Government matter because the Ghanaian government does not own the land.
That is the reason why the Ghanaian government does not even know about it until the building was demolished.

The Nigerian Government failed to seek approval from the Ghanaian Government to expand their diplomatic compound.
They just saw a piece of land and decided to start building on it, in what sane country would an Embassy do that?
DexterousOne:

What are you talking about?

Do you even know how diplomatic spaces are acquired?

You obviously dont that's why you are talking like this.

Under NO GUISE do you demolish a diplomatic compound

It's a Ghanaian Government and a Nigerian Government matter
Why di Ghanaians sometimes behave like cave men like these

And when it involves Nigeria
Then they even get a hard on.

Una get issues mehn
Re: Ghanaian Monarch On Demolition: Nigeria Wanted To Take Our Land Forcibly by Just30: 1:27pm On Jun 23, 2020
just facts
babytoun:

Re: Ghanaian Monarch On Demolition: Nigeria Wanted To Take Our Land Forcibly by NAIJANEWSHUB: 1:31pm On Jun 23, 2020
This is outright envy and jealously

Meanwhile.
I want to share an online platform that has been paying my bills for the past 2months non stop.
Let's help people with links abeg.
Chat me up on
0:8-0+5:1:7-5'6-3:5+8
Re: Ghanaian Monarch On Demolition: Nigeria Wanted To Take Our Land Forcibly by Just30: 1:33pm On Jun 23, 2020
the facility demolished is not a diplomatic compound and was not on the diplomatic compound.

It is a facility beside a diplomatic compound which the diplomatic compound has no rights to.

And the Chief is not just a supposed Chief, He is a president of the house of chiefs of Accra.
A learned person and has legal council on land administration.

Why would i be ashamed to state facts.

Is it regretable that a land issue has to get to demolition, of course, it is.

Was the procedure follow such that it didn't get there? Yes it was
DexterousOne:

So a supposed "chief" orchestrated the demolition of a diplomatic compound in your country

And you are not ashamed to say this in public

Ghanaians eh cheesy grin cheesy grin tongue

Hahahahahaha
Re: Ghanaian Monarch On Demolition: Nigeria Wanted To Take Our Land Forcibly by DexterousOne(m): 1:37pm On Jun 23, 2020
Just30:
the facility demolished is not a diplomatic compound and was not on the diplomatic compound.

It is a facility beside a diplomatic compound which the diplomatic compound has no rights to.

And the Chief is not just a supposed Chief, He is a president of the house of chiefs of Accra.
A learned person and has legal council on land administration

Why would i be ashamed to state facts.

Is it regretable that a land issue has to get to demolition, of course, it is.

Was the procedure follow such that it didn't get there? Yes it was

E pain am cheesy grin

Like I said

The ghanaian govt has promised to wade into the matter
And have written their apologies

So the matter is cool

At least for now
Re: Ghanaian Monarch On Demolition: Nigeria Wanted To Take Our Land Forcibly by Juell(m): 1:38pm On Jun 23, 2020
9jaDoomCountry:

Your English though.
Typo error..... I believe anyone who understands English should know that
Re: Ghanaian Monarch On Demolition: Nigeria Wanted To Take Our Land Forcibly by Ironi: 1:39pm On Jun 23, 2020
Johnsghana:

Please follow the story well... Initially they said the land belonged to a private individual, now when it snow-balled into an international incident for Ghana they brought a Chief to start telling stories.

This is an act of war.. an invasion of the diplomatic space of another country on any territory which is sovereign territory by UN laws is considered an act of war.

Ghana has been brewing for a confrontation with Nigeria for a while and I know it because they are beginning to eye all the Nigerian investments in Ghana. They want to take over all of our assets in Ghana. Nigerian govt should not let this go if not other smaller countries will follow suit.

Even if the Chief's story were true... Why couldn't he invite his govt to intervene considering that he is dealing with the govt of another nation? And if the Ghanaian govt was invited, why didn't they resolve before now?

I don't how you can't see all the shades of what is wrong with this issue!

Nigerians are total crooks and conmen even to the diplomatic level. Mumu Nigerians would let a crooked Nigerian hide behind a diplomatic mission to push them into confrontation or even a war.

Mumus who think being a conman and a criminal is normal .

Anywhere you see a Nigerian , you know there could be a possibility of a crime...
Re: Ghanaian Monarch On Demolition: Nigeria Wanted To Take Our Land Forcibly by Just30: 1:40pm On Jun 23, 2020
It was not a dispute in the first place
If there was a dispute, it would have ended in court.

The Nigeria High Commission had no litigation claims to the lands and the had no ownership papers.
That is why they didn't contest it in Court.

The traditional Council did not have to go to court because the person building on the land was not contesting their ownership.
Those are the legal stance.

An illegality is not a diplomatic matter.

If it was between Ghana government and the Commission, then it will be diplomatic.

What you are struggling to realise is that, the diplomatic compound of Nigeria was not touched so Nigeria was not invaded.
the land beside Nigerian High Commission is not diplomatic land.

DexterousOne:

That is a flat out LIE

There is a procedure to follow when dispute like this is on the table

But many of una no sabi anything

So I am not surprised by the comment

If this was a case of a Nigerian individual or a Nigerian business conglomerate

It's a DIFFERENT CASE.
No one will bat an eyelid.

But this is diplomatic matter

Anyways the Ghanaian govt has apologised to the Nigerian government and have promised to investigate and do something about it...

Because they know better

Unlike the riff raffs in the street gloating about this unfortunate incident

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Monarch On Demolition: Nigeria Wanted To Take Our Land Forcibly by Just30: 1:42pm On Jun 23, 2020
Their apologies is just diplomatic manoeuvring

when they wade into it, their report will come out.

sure
DexterousOne:

E pain am cheesy grin

Like I said

The ghanaian govt has promised to wade into the matter
And have written their apologies

So the matter is cool

At least for now
Re: Ghanaian Monarch On Demolition: Nigeria Wanted To Take Our Land Forcibly by ajl: 1:49pm On Jun 23, 2020
Greenbirth:
Lies, I have been in nigerian Embassy in ghana several times and the embassy has been fenced long time ago. Even the 21 km road linking many embassies there was built by Obasojo.

Now how can a normal citizen in a country even if it is Rat embassy take Bulldozer in the middle of the night and broke into another Country's embassy without court or the government order.

The truth ,this is what Ghanaians have been doing to ordinary nigerians on daily basis. All the Nigerian own shops has been locked up for the past 7 months now because of envy. Nigerians are under estimating ghana but I tell you that they are the most wicked country in west Africa.

Address the point. The land is not part of Nigeria High Commission. And what is being constructed on the land is an event centre. Is Nigerian commission in Ghana now a money making event centre. The point here is that Nigerian businessman is working in connivance with the high commission to use the land for what it is not meant for and probably encroaching on land that does not belong to the commission. This is not Lagos or Abuja where powerful people just wake up one day to take over land illegally. As usual, someone is exporting bad behaviour.
Re: Ghanaian Monarch On Demolition: Nigeria Wanted To Take Our Land Forcibly by jrtorrents: 1:52pm On Jun 23, 2020
skukimania:
OSU dey for Ghana too? Ayam not understanding.

This OSU chief should be made to pay for it.

The Ga people of Accra are originally from Ile Ife in Nigeria. They’re originally Nigerians
Re: Ghanaian Monarch On Demolition: Nigeria Wanted To Take Our Land Forcibly by Litmus: 1:54pm On Jun 23, 2020
Greenbirth:
Lies, I have been in nigerian Embassy in ghana several times and the embassy has been fenced long time ago. Even the 21 km road linking many embassies there was built by Obasojo.

Now how can a normal citizen in a country even if it is Rat embassy take Bulldozer in the middle of the night and broke into another Country's embassy without court or the government order.

The truth ,this is what Ghanaians have been doing to ordinary nigerians on daily basis. All the Nigerian own shops has been locked up for the past 7 months now because of envy. Nigerians are under estimating ghana but I tell you that they are the most wicked country in west Africa.

Dishonest, spreader of lies about Nigeria online; creators of bogus account to slander Nigeria; participators of ethnic incitement on Nigerian forums between Nigerians; you tube, instegram, active participators of organised online trolling targeting Nigeria, fomenters of hate between Nigerians and other Africans/black people online; thives of Nigerian culture and many of it encouraged and possibly financed by their government. Their mindset is dark and backward like the majority of their, ugly backward faces.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghanaian Monarch On Demolition: Nigeria Wanted To Take Our Land Forcibly by jrtorrents: 1:55pm On Jun 23, 2020
temptnow:

Ghanaians forbid selling land to a Nigerian, they prefer black Americans instead. That's what is going on in Ghana as we speak

That is actually not the case, I personally know of several Nigerians who own lands and property in Ghana! What is special about this land is that its Ina a very prime location in Accra and can be with millions of dollars.
Re: Ghanaian Monarch On Demolition: Nigeria Wanted To Take Our Land Forcibly by jrtorrents: 1:59pm On Jun 23, 2020
Greenbirth:

Get your facts right ! Obasanjo hasn’t built a mm or road in Ghana. He has a very good relationship with the former Ghanaian president, John Kuffour as a result he named a street after him. There are a few other streets named after Patrice Lumumba, Sankara and other African leaders.
Re: Ghanaian Monarch On Demolition: Nigeria Wanted To Take Our Land Forcibly by Litmus: 2:05pm On Jun 23, 2020
I’m waiting for their old- unimaginative trick of deflecting responsibility by turning this into an Igbo Yoruba spat.
Re: Ghanaian Monarch On Demolition: Nigeria Wanted To Take Our Land Forcibly by benji93: 2:05pm On Jun 23, 2020
Meanwhile, this is a typical thing with respect to lands in Accra. If you buy or lease land in Accra, if you do not develop the land, even within the period of ownership, these so-called landowners would resell the undeveloped part of the land to somebody else.
Just30:
The property was not illegally bulldozed,

The ownership of the land is not in contention.
If the land ownership was in contention or the Nigerian High Commission had been on it for more than 5 years, then they would have needed court permission before they bulldoze it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

3 Nigerian Governors Using Made-in-nigeria Vehicles As Official Cars (pics) / Channels TV Interview: Ortom Replies Garba Shehu, Says 'I Stand By My Statement' / Nigerians Flood Atiku's Tweet On Tinubu's Educational Abracadabra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.