Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,244 members, 7,867,637 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 08:25 PM

Edo 2020: Ize Iyamu Apc Membership And Social Media Lawyers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo 2020: Ize Iyamu Apc Membership And Social Media Lawyers (909 Views)

Edo 2020: Ize-iyamu Leads Obaseki In Online Poll / Edo 2020: Ize-iyamu Won’t Get Up To 30 Percent Votes – Crusoe Osagie / Court To Decide Validity Of Ize-Iyamu’s APC Membership Next Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo 2020: Ize Iyamu Apc Membership And Social Media Lawyers by Nobody: 10:24am On Jun 23, 2020
BY Pa. Ehinmen
Like the saying goes, when you want to hide the truth from a Nigerian, put it inside a book.
The wise men who coined that proverb were indeed right because over the years, many Nigerians especially youths who claim to be graduates have continued to distinguish themselves as illiterates.
This is very shameful and represent our low reading culture and laziness towards academics. That is of course the reason why the country is essentially backwards.
Some of these youths has distinguished themselves as online lawyers, economist, pharmacist, doctors etc while in the real sense they have never read a book by their own freewill except they have an exam to write.
As a confirmation, there are some blind and very dull youths who are expecting the courts to disqualify the aspirant-elect of the Edo APC pastor Osagie ize- iyamu on the ground that he is not a registered member of the APC.
The question I want to ask this social media lawyers is; how does an individual become a member of the APC?. I ask this question because if these persons knew the answer they would have channeled their energy into something else instead of waiting for a disqualification that will never happen.
In case these wailers don't know, Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu registered online as an APC member and this has been ratified by the national working committee of the APC. This means he is a full-blown member of the APC.
For the avoidance of doubt, this is what article 9 of the APC constitution says about membership:
i. Membership of the Party shall be open to any citizen of the Federal Republic of Nigeria who has attained the age of 18 years and who accepts the aims and objectives of the Party, provided that such a person is not a member of any other political party or any organisation whose policies and programmes are inconsistent with those of the Party.
ii. Application for membership shall be made to and cleared by the Ward Executives of the Party in the Ward of the Local Government Area where the person was born, resides, works or originates. Online registration shall also be acceptable provided that it is cleared by the National Working Committee (NWC) of the Party.
iii. Where an application is refused, the applicant may as of right appeal to the Local Government Area Executive Committee of the Party or to the National Secretary or National Chairman, in case of on-line registration.
iv. Upon enrolment, every member shall pay the prescribed fees and shall be issued with a Membership Card and a Dues Card.
Haven read what the APC constitution says about membership from article 9:I to 9:iv, I hope the wailers can clearly see that online registration is an alternative way to be an APC member.
However, just in case the wailers cannot read, article 9:ii clearly States that ' Online registration shall also be acceptable provided that it is cleared by the National Working Committee (NWC) of the Party'. The term 'also' used there means 'alternative'.
This is purely the case of Pastor Osagie ize-iyamu, those who are not even APC members and does not even have the APC constitution hurriedly took him to court on the basis that he is not a member of the APC.
This people are either misguided or the lawyers that represents them just want to make money from them to cushion the economic effect of covid-19 pandemic.
Therefore we are confident that the case will be struck out by the courts because the law courts can only pass judgement on political party disputes using the party's constitution and the electoral laws.
We also call on the presiding judge to levy a huge fine on these troublemakers for wasting the time of the court being that such time could have been used to judge the case of someone who has been awaiting trial for years.
Pa. Ehinmen is a freelance writer, a Nairalander, and a volunteer member of pastor Osagie ize-iyamu youth movement from Edo State.

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: Ize Iyamu Apc Membership And Social Media Lawyers by IJOBA2: 10:29am On Jun 23, 2020
SENATORDAVE1 IS OUR NUMBER SOCIAL MEDIA LAWYER FOLLOWED BY ONE KAHAL AND HELINUES

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: Ize Iyamu Apc Membership And Social Media Lawyers by ORIENTATION101: 10:34am On Jun 23, 2020
That means ize iyamu is an APC member. Because it was stated in APC constitution when the applicant is rejected at ward level , he can register online and be ratified by NWC.

2 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Ize Iyamu Apc Membership And Social Media Lawyers by Nigeriabiafra80: 10:41am On Jun 23, 2020
I notice the way Seun and co push any news against giadom to front page definitely you don’t need a soothsayer to know,they are paid to
Media propaganda is real
Trying so hard to massage their ego and reshape opinion but alas

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020: Ize Iyamu Apc Membership And Social Media Lawyers by Babaflenjor: 10:49am On Jun 23, 2020
Re: Edo 2020: Ize Iyamu Apc Membership And Social Media Lawyers by Trumpcard05: 11:03am On Jun 23, 2020
Nigeriabiafra80:
I notice the way Seun and co push any news against giadom to front page definitely you don’t need a soothsayer to know,they are paid to
Media propaganda is real
Trying so hard to massage their ego and reshape opinion but alas

Interesting observation. If you support Obaseki, it is easy to come to that conclusion emotionally. However while I have noted your point I’ve also noted that news for Obaseki has also been pushed to the front as well. Wether it is in equal measure, will have to be subjected to empirical & evidential analysis.

2 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Ize Iyamu Apc Membership And Social Media Lawyers by seunmsg(m): 11:10am On Jun 23, 2020
ii. Application for membership shall be made to and cleared by the Ward Executives of the Party in the Ward of the Local Government Area where the person was born, resides, works or originates. Online registration shall also be acceptable provided that it is cleared by the National Working Committee (NWC) of the Party.

This settles the issue of membership.

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: Ize Iyamu Apc Membership And Social Media Lawyers by Nigeriabiafra80: 11:16am On Jun 23, 2020
Trumpcard05:

Interesting observation. If you support Obaseki, it is easy to come to that conclusion emotionally. However while I have noted your point I’ve also noted that news for Obaseki has also been pushed to the front as well. Wether it is in equal measure, will have to be subjected to empirical & evidential analysis.
Coming from basis of emotion is totally floored
I have read many news on and against obaseki and realize that many news against are hurriedly push to front page with contradictory headlines,also in giadom issue
They have try so much to reshape opinion but it always backfires
Re: Edo 2020: Ize Iyamu Apc Membership And Social Media Lawyers by GreenDestiny2: 11:42am On Jun 23, 2020
PDP is the most useless party I ever know.... asking court to void someone's membership despite a very clear APC constitution.

2 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Ize Iyamu Apc Membership And Social Media Lawyers by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jun 23, 2020
seunmsg:

This settles the issue of membership.
you are right, sadly these social media lawyers don't read.

2 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Ize Iyamu Apc Membership And Social Media Lawyers by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jun 23, 2020
GreenDestiny2:
PDP is the most useless party I ever know.... asking court to void someone's membership despite a very clear APC constitution.

they are mere distractions, lawyers will use their money to cushion covid19 hunger.
Re: Edo 2020: Ize Iyamu Apc Membership And Social Media Lawyers by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jun 23, 2020
ORIENTATION101:
That means ize iyamu is an APC member. Because it was stated in APC constitution when the applicant is rejected at ward level , he can register online and be ratified by NWC.

Re: Edo 2020: Ize Iyamu Apc Membership And Social Media Lawyers by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jun 23, 2020
exactly

Re: Edo 2020: Ize Iyamu Apc Membership And Social Media Lawyers by Nairaodds: 4:36pm On Jun 23, 2020
Funny to read

Jhgcxfyjbcxsfyfsryxx
Re: Edo 2020: Ize Iyamu Apc Membership And Social Media Lawyers by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jun 23, 2020
Nairaodds:
Funny to read

Jhgcxfyjbcxsfyfsryxx

u need Christ and a real job
Re: Edo 2020: Ize Iyamu Apc Membership And Social Media Lawyers by Nairaodds: 6:03am On Jun 24, 2020
Ehinmen3:

u need Christ and a real job

Okay

Sha you have a real job?

Pls connect me na

I do tire for my fake one

(1) (Reply)

Wife Of Bauchi State Governor Empowered Women With 10bags Of Pure Water / Is It Derogatory To Call Igbo People Ipob? / *obasanjo Hits Hard On Nigeria's Leaders, Give The Reason Why Ipob Is Angry*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.