Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,625 members, 7,823,750 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor (24796 Views)

Dunamis Statement On Arrest, Detention Of Buhari Must Go Protesters In Abuja / Bishop Chukwuma: I Didn’t Dare Government Over Closure Of Churches In Enugu / Christ Embassy Celebrates 30th Anniversary (Before & After Photos Of Pastors) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by EdiskyHarry: 2:43pm On Jun 23, 2020
Chris oyakhilome:one of the people making Christianity look lik a laughing stock to the world.
Corona virus is caused by 5G network.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by foreshore(m): 2:44pm On Jun 23, 2020
temptnow:
Pastor Chris oyakhilome and his people are being stupid this Corona season.

They're doing too much. All these pastorprenuers should let us be.

Switzerland, Denmark, Poland, Norway, China America, UK, Finland and Germany Didn't become great by spending Monday - Sunday in church.

So many have been brainwashed that if they don't go to church daily Satan will kill them.

However, Corona lock down came and they might be shocked that they didn't get any attack from Lucifer.

This is the time for us to hustle 90% and pray 10%. God is not deaf and dumb that you need to beg him from morning till night. Africans wake up, our mumuu don too much

Sole people will just open their mouth stupidly. What do you know? Obviously you don't have an idea of what you are talking about but only seeking attention.
Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by kingkon(m): 2:48pm On Jun 23, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Nor mind them there own too much
All these religious institutions supposed dey pay tax
Make their body dey calm down small small
I go run am last last sha after i join politics

Last last
After all the bombing
Na politics go end am
i go Join a party with Great ideology
I nor go join APC! Never. For me to join APC i better join PDP

Then like play like play i go find my way into the legislative arm of government
Then boom
I go introduce the bill make all religious institutions dey pay huge amount of tax
I go propose or introduce the bill to legalize weed
I go begin recommend and make sure all my real niggarrrz in the street get government contracts

You think say you Wise, YOU BE MUMU

1 Like

Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by BOBKIDDA(m): 2:49pm On Jun 23, 2020
temptnow:

Switzerland, Denmark, Poland, Norway, China America, UK, Finland and Germany Didn't become great by spending Monday - Sunday in church.

So many have been brainwashed that if they don't go to church daily Satan will kill them.

However, Corona lock down came and they might be shocked that they didn't get any attack from Lucifer.

This is the time for us to hustle 90% and pray 10%. God is not deaf and dumb that you need to beg him from morning till night. Africans wake up, our mumuu don too much
people wey were earpiece , they can't hear you over.until God speaks to them through the man of god. lol #falacy
Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by opribo(m): 2:58pm On Jun 23, 2020
Why are these people so stubborn, the government has laid guidelines and the pastors are contravening it.

The government cannot just watch and fold its arms while the kill innocent citizens.
If they want to test their powers the pastor should go to any of the isolation centers without a mask and heal a covid19 patient and don't use of people to raise money.
Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by Victor08032(m): 2:59pm On Jun 23, 2020
temptnow:

You're nothing but stupid by talking to the man of God in that foolish manner

In fact, you so called Muslim guy, we don't know your useless, senseless & stupidity are you.

God will definitely punish you with this your useless comment. Idiot!

1 Like

Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by morris477(m): 3:13pm On Jun 23, 2020
My they release my pastor and unseal our Church for us oooooo
Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by Ekugbeh(m): 3:14pm On Jun 23, 2020
OkoAmarashy:

Freedom of association, not freedom of gathering. Your freedom of Association is subject to legislation.
Na olodo like you full Christ Embassy. No wonder una Pastor na 5G technician.
and u know the meaning of legislation?

Look at how u shooting ursef on the foot.
Read your statement again in relation to what I said above.
What a contradiction.

Wow.

And on the 5G?
I know you are one those guys who are quick to jump on any thread naming Pastor Chris.
Go and check what he said in relation to 5G.
And all ur doubt will be cleared.
Cos I know you are jus making your assumptions on hearsay.

And you called me olodo?
Wow.

And now you're patiently waiting for me to call u names.

Lol.

In Christ Embassy, we weren't trained like that. So relax and watch.

You can't beat us.

Anywhere we go, we rule, we conquer.

The world is ours.

1 Like

Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by Timfreds(m): 3:17pm On Jun 23, 2020
I think Pastor Chris is getting the Covid 19 issue wrong. The church now is confused on what to do, either to obey the government or their leader.
Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by rapid101(m): 3:20pm On Jun 23, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Last last
After all the bombing
Na politics go end am

Then like play like play i go find my way into the legislative arm of government
Then boom
I go introduce the bill make all religious institutions dey pay huge amount of tax
I go begin recommend and make sure all my real niggarrrz in the street get government contracts
dammmnnn niga

u be correct guy
Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by keneck1: 3:23pm On Jun 23, 2020
Ekugbeh:
and u know the meaning of legislation?

Look at how u shooting ursef on the foot.
Read your statement again in relation to what we I said above.

And u called me olodo.

Wow.

And now you're patiently waiting to u names.

Lol.

In Christ Embassy, we weren't trained like that. So relax and watch.

You can't beat us.

Anywhere we go, we rule, we conquer.

The world is ours.
The world is yours,then it all means you people worship human being then and not Christ,i pity a lot of you

2 Likes

Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by Ekugbeh(m): 3:27pm On Jun 23, 2020
mmsen:

An emergency order supersedes legislation.

I don't know why some people think it is so important to gather during a global pandemic but I say that we let them so that they can wipe themselves out.
Hear ursef again. Think it deeply.
What is an order
What is a guideline
And what is legislation

And to what extent it can be forced on those three.

This is how people lose cases in court, at the end u start calling out judges.
Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by CrestMan: 3:33pm On Jun 23, 2020
*RE: ATTACK ON COVID-19 MONITORING TEAM BY PASTORS AND MEMBERS OF CHRIST EMBASSY CHURCH, UYO.*

We have come across a Press Release issued by Dr. Emmanuel Ekuwem, Secretary to the Akwa Ibom State Government where he alleged that “the Akwa Ibom State Government and Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) Monitoring Team was attacked and brutalized by Pastors and some members of Christ Embassy Church, while on a routine compliance/inspection visit to the Church today at the Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly Road, Uyo”.

It is unfortunate that the Akwa Ibom State Government has chosen to act based on tissues of lies and absolute falsehood that only occurred in the figment of the imaginations of those peddling same. As a Church, we are shocked that government has lend itself out as a willing tool to individuals and groups who see themselves as appendage of government and are all out to use mechineries of government to intimidate, oppress, harass and malign Christ Embassy Church in Akwa Ibom State for stating without equivocation that the Church is not and has never been a member of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN).

To set the record straight, we totally debunk the fabricated stories making the rounds which the Akwa Ibom State Government acted on.The fact is that today, Sunday the 21st day of June, 2020, we held our usual service which started by 8:30am and ended at about 10:45am, while adhering strictly to the widely circulated guidelines as provided by the National Center for Disease Control (NCDC).

After the service, the congregants departed to their homes as directed by our Pastor. However, we were surprised to see an online social media publication by one Rev. Osondu Ahirika, with the caption “COVID-19: Christ Embassy Church dares A’Ibom State Government” - Bars Monitoring Committee”. Upon enquiry, we were informed by one of our Pastors, Pastor Emmanuel Effiong, that after the Church Service, Mr. Enobong Uwah, an appointee of the Akwa Ibom State Government, who heads the CAN monitoring committees, in company of people which Rev. Ahirika identified in his online syndicated write up as “Rev. Dr. Ndueso Ekwere (CAN Chairman), Dr. Stella Udoh and other representatives of the security agencies (sic)” arrived the Church premises around 11.30am and insisted that they must gain access into the Church.

They were informed that the Church service for the day had ended about an hour earlier and members dispersed, but obviously acting a scripted plot, they tried to force their way into the compound. While they tried to force their way in, a member of the church media team, Gabriel Ekpa, who was stationed outside before the team arrived, captured all that transpired with the Church Canon camera, but was assaulted and brutalized by Mr. Enobong Uwah, who rained blows on him and confiscated the camera which contained a true reflection of what occurred, ran into his SUV and zoomed off, with members of his team following suit.

When Pastor Emmanuel Effiong and other members of the Church went to the Area Command of the Nigerian Police to incident the case of assault and stealing of the Church camera, they were informed that the team had already reported their concocted stories and the police was on their way to the Church to invite representatives of the Church. As we file this statement, Pastor Emmanuel Effong has been detained on the instructions of the Akwa Ibom State Government.

It is highly preposterous that the team has turned round to play the victim card, when in actual sense, the Church was deliberately targeted. It turns fact and objective reasoning heads down for a team that goes around with armed policemen to claim that it was attacked by unarmed men and they did not make an arrest. Facts are sacred and from even the pictures circulated on behalf of the team show that there was no form of altercation between the parties involved.

In an era of social media, the team claimed it was assaulted, yet there is no video to capture the act, rather what has been pushed out to the public domain are mere still photographs. As a Church that respects the rule of law, we had envisaged this gang up and also took steps to seek protection of the law by approaching the Federal High Court of Nigeria sitting in Uyo, in Suit No. FAC/UY/FHR/106/2020, between Pastor Emmanuel Effiong v. Rev. (Dr.) Ndueso Ekewre & 2ors., this obviously must have also contributed to today’s drama.

While we are not against the state government carrying out its statutory duties, we state with all amount of humility that Christ Embassy Church has existed in our dear state for over twenty five years without any issue with any of the past governments or any association, rather we have contributed immensely to the development of the state through our several people oriented projects and word based ministry. We have been partners in development with the Akwa Ibom State Government and chosen to remain bipartisan at all times.
We totally condemn the closing down of our Church and detention of our Pastor, Pastor Emmanuel Effiong, who has been detained by the Commissioner of Police, without giving us the right to fair hearing and state that this action is borne out of malice, deep seated hatred and calculated attempt to malign the Church for disassociating herself from the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN). We call on the Akwa Ibom State Government to unconditionally release Pastor Emmanuel Effiong, the church camera which captured a true reflection of what transpired today and withdraw the order closing our Church.

Pastor Kelvin James Atang kiss

1 Like

Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by Ruggedniggaone: 3:42pm On Jun 23, 2020
Victor08032:

You're nothing but stupid by talking to the man of God in that foolish manner

In fact, you so called Muslim guy, we don't know your useless, senseless & stupidity are you.

God will definitely punish you with this your useless comment. Idiot!
slave spotted brainwashed ZOMBIES

1 Like

Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by Ekugbeh(m): 3:45pm On Jun 23, 2020
keneck1:
The world is yours,then it all means you people worship human being then and not Christ,i pity a lot of you
which of the human are u talking about?
Lol

And u made mention of worshipping Christ.

It's not every thread u supposed to comment on.
Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by Zeckstan3757: 3:46pm On Jun 23, 2020
Off point
temptnow:

Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by Donmaximum: 3:52pm On Jun 23, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Last last
After all the bombing
Na politics go end am

Then boom
Thomas the the dreamer wake up from your slumber grin if you are a real nigggger
Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by loadedvibes: 3:52pm On Jun 23, 2020
Alot of ya all commented without reading.. what a shame .. how can a pastor be fighting a church..
Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by AsawanaDgreat: 3:57pm On Jun 23, 2020
Make una no allow God vex oo
Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by alllivesmatter(m): 4:03pm On Jun 23, 2020
brendan007:
When government issued the directive suspending social gatherings including religious meetings, we all were unhappy.

1. CE affirmed repeatedly that it is not a member of CAN, not at the national or state level.

2. CAN in Akwa Ibom State wrote to the government requesting that churches be opened for worship. In its request, they stated the terms under which they were to operate putting into consideration the NCDC guidelines.

3. Government satisfied with what CAN presented, approved that churches in the state be opened under strict compliance. Churches were then formally opened.

4. CE which is not a member of CAN equally opened after CAN conveyed the government's decision to churches.

5. CE still with the mindset that they are not a part of CAN and so could not be bound by the terms earlier stipulated decided to operate on their own terms.

6. This is what resulted in the clash we now read of as government had setup a task force to ensure compliance to CAN's terms.

Personally, I believe CE should have remained shut until they were capable of presenting their own terms of operation to the government for approval.

Since they decided to open their church after CAN got the approval to do so, then I can safely assume that they are bound by CAN's submission to the government.

In as much as we are in the world and not of the world, God still wants us to obey earthly authority except they asked you to deny Jesus Christ in which case a simple "No!" will suffice.

God bless you in great detail....in great detail I mean.

1 Like

Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by bigname23: 4:05pm On Jun 23, 2020
AsawanaDgreat:
Make una no allow God vex oo
Bros is like u na from waf town
Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by alllivesmatter(m): 4:06pm On Jun 23, 2020
opribo:
Why are these people so stubborn, the government has laid guidelines and the pastors are contravening it.

The government cannot just watch and fold its arms while the kill innocent citizens.
If they want to test their powers the pastor should go to any of the isolation centers without a mask and heal a covid19 patient and don't use of people to raise money.

Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by SATANNIST: 4:10pm On Jun 23, 2020
why not pray and send god to destroy the cell. arrest a son of amadioha and see what happens
Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by AsawanaDgreat: 4:14pm On Jun 23, 2020
bigname23:
Bros is like u na from waf town
yes oo, from effurun to be precised.
Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by careytommy37(m): 4:15pm On Jun 23, 2020
OkoAmarashy:

Look here, you stupid b1tch, go and tell your idiotic Pastors that if they do anyhow, they would see anyhow. Even Oyakhilome himself would be jailed and he can continue his ministry from there.

The fact that they bleep you b1tches for free in CE doesn't mean everyone is stupid like you.

You are just one frustrated being. Chris Oyakhilome is not the cause of your problem. If you cannot point out the offense Christ Embassy Uyo committed without using foul words, then go and look for the solution to your issues instead of using foul words on people that are already blessed.
Christ Embassy has stated it time and over again that we do not want to be associated with CAN.
If they were not up to something sinister, why was the state CAN leader going with the monitoring team of Covid-19.
Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by symbianDON(m): 4:16pm On Jun 23, 2020
temptnow:

this is a very irresponsible and reckless statement! Over the times, in this period, everyone is hunting down the churches yet you see 'supposed' Christians rejoicing and jubilating. Continue in your ignorance; the results will soon be plain to all and every man shall get his reward.
Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by careytommy37(m): 4:17pm On Jun 23, 2020
kristisking:
This act by Christ Embassy fully supported by their head is one of the reasons why some people often drag Christianity in the mud. Is it a sin to obey the law of the land as a Christian? The bible says make peace with all men. How can you make peace when you don't obey rules? They should face the consequencies of their action. I am a Christian too. Why are they even dragging CAN into it. Nonsense!

Which law did Christ Embassy go against.
Anyway, the matter is now before a court. Whatever the court decides should be followed
Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by RoyalUc(m): 4:19pm On Jun 23, 2020
kristisking:
This act by Christ Embassy fully supported by their head is one of the reasons why some people often drag Christianity in the mud. Is it a sin to obey the law of the land as a Christian? The bible says make peace with all men. How can you make peace when you don't obey rules? They should face the consequencies of their action. I am a Christian too. Why are they even dragging CAN into it. Nonsense!

Bro, as a Christian, what do you know about this matter? Are you in Uyo? Do you have the facts of what happened?
Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by bigname23: 4:22pm On Jun 23, 2020
AsawanaDgreat:
yes oo, from effurun to be precised.
u b my blood b dat na,I be agbarho boy, na so warri boys get respect for God sha

1 Like

Re: Christ Embassy Sues Akwa Ibom Government Over Arrest, Detention Of Pastor by DarkJeddi(m): 4:27pm On Jun 23, 2020
laosy:
Christ embassy should respect constituted authority, but FG should free everyone make we go pray to God as we like, at least imo lawmakers got the virus while observing social distancing in the house of assembly.
Pray for God in your house..

Abi God no dey present in YOUR house? shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Minority Party Will Be Lifted Up In Nigeria – TB Joshua / What Is Life? / Pastor David Ibiyeomie Celebrates His 55th Birthday (portrait Sketch).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.