Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,613 members, 7,809,250 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:42 AM

Chemical Engineering (finals) But I Want To Become A Data Scientist - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Chemical Engineering (finals) But I Want To Become A Data Scientist (376 Views)

"Dear Nice Guy, I Wasn’t Ready For You Before, But I Am Now" / ”I Have 5 Boyfriends But I Never Marry” - Slay Queen Says On Facebook / I want to fvuck this girl but I don't know how much she'll request. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chemical Engineering (finals) But I Want To Become A Data Scientist by KlausMichaelson: 3:00pm On Jun 23, 2020
Sorry I have to post this here as it wasn't getting the attention I needed it for in the right thread.

Good day Nairalanders, I'm currently a final year student of a prestigious Federal University studying Chemical Engineering.
I have come to realize that I love Data Science and I will like to be a Data Scientist. This doesn't mean I regret studying Chemical Engineering. I love Chemical Engineering but I have more penchant for Data analysis of any sort.
Please advise me on how to go about this Career path of becoming a Data Scientist even tho my field of study is not related to it compared to the common ones like Computer Science, Statistics etc.
What courses should I be looking forward to in my Masters and PhD (God's grace) that will make me fit into a Data Scientist even though I have a background in Chemical Engineering.
NB: I have a Cgpa of about 4.3 and likely will be awarded the best graduating student. So changing my path is for no other reason than passion.
Thanks as I welcome your advice.
Re: Chemical Engineering (finals) But I Want To Become A Data Scientist by Amotolongbo(f): 3:16pm On Jun 23, 2020
I advise that you go for GIS for your MSc program.

With GIS, you can find a missing link between Data Science and your discipline, Chemical Engineering. This will help you to utilize the data in chemical engineering discipline
Re: Chemical Engineering (finals) But I Want To Become A Data Scientist by GreatAchiever1: 3:33pm On Jun 23, 2020
Data science is an area of study that can fit into any course/department.(some pple claim its d future, I dont how undecided). Good thing you can self study it. Just Google search for its career path, get the right tools/software, download and watch tutorials. In the long run, if ur passion strong for it, u will do very well and find a way to mix it with ur course... Good luck.
Re: Chemical Engineering (finals) But I Want To Become A Data Scientist by KlausMichaelson: 8:58pm On Jun 23, 2020
Amotolongbo:
I advise that you go for GIS for your MSc program.

With GIS, you can find a missing link between Data Science and your discipline, Chemical Engineering. This will help you to utilize the data in chemical engineering discipline

Thanks a lot for your Advice ma, I really appreciate it. I was taught GIS at some point tho. But I felt it's more useful to those in field of Geosciences. Anyways I'll also like the Analytical part of it.
Thanks once again, I appreciate.
Re: Chemical Engineering (finals) But I Want To Become A Data Scientist by KlausMichaelson: 9:01pm On Jun 23, 2020
GreatAchiever1:
Data science is an area of study that can fit into any course/department.(some pple claim its d future, I dont how undecided). Good thing you can self study it. Just Google search for its career path, get the right tools/software, download and watch tutorials. In the long run, if ur passion strong for it, u will do very well and find a way to mix it with ur course... Good luck.

Wow! Thanks for your honest advice. I appreciate

(1) (Reply)

LOVE: Know Your Rhesus Status First / Guys, Doesn’t It Feel Good... / What Remarkable Thing Has God Done For You During This Pandemic.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.