Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

Martins Idakpini: Lance Corporal Blasts Buratai Over Incessant Killings - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Martins Idakpini: Lance Corporal Blasts Buratai Over Incessant Killings (53335 Views)

Martins Idakpini: Court Martial Grants Bail To Soldier Who Criticized Buratai / Lance Corporal Martins Idakpini To Be Court-Martial / Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Martins Idakpini: Lance Corporal Blasts Buratai Over Incessant Killings by Jakemedg(m): 6:49pm On Jun 23, 2020
kikero:
Well, things are certainly tough in the NE. The current situation is due to years of neglect. Now things have gotten out of hand, so the Army has to be sent in.And the truth is, for decades we have used the Army to solve problems that should have been fixed by our poltical leaders. That has to change.

At any rate, the soldier was rightfully arrested. Before you jump on me, there is a good reason why many of us did not join the army, despite seeing all of them in nice uniforms and lovely parades.

One comment I heard frequently from service men , former and serving was 'Obey before complain'.

In other words, dissent won't be tolerated.Just do your job, and move on. You are expendable.

If the Army allowed this kind of dissent to pass, tomorrow, there would be mutinies. And counter mutinies. Sadly the Army is not a democracy, and the fact that it is not a democracy is the reason why it can function well.

Obey before complain.

If you want things to change, don't complain on Niaraland. Contact your senator and your house of reps member.
I quite agree with you but have you forgotten that contacting your senator / house reps member isn't the same as contacting your mobile network customer care service

5 Likes

Re: Martins Idakpini: Lance Corporal Blasts Buratai Over Incessant Killings by SarkinYarki: 6:49pm On Jun 23, 2020
Can't we use this brave guy as a rallying point to call for better governance?

13 Likes

Re: Martins Idakpini: Lance Corporal Blasts Buratai Over Incessant Killings by Farki: 6:49pm On Jun 23, 2020
zeusdgrt:

Have you ever lost a close one unnecessarily?u always talk like trash with ur childish damn niggarr outdated slang

He posted the exact same comment once before. Acting like one paid propaganda account. angry

1 Like

Re: Martins Idakpini: Lance Corporal Blasts Buratai Over Incessant Killings by Blueelf: 6:50pm On Jun 23, 2020
crazygod:
Where are those 'black lives matters' protesters in Nigeria? Someone has been detained for saying the truth una no come out now o but something wey no concern us, una go carry am for head. I spit on hypocrites in this country. angry

God bless you bro.

Look at the comments on this thread...you see most people talking about how db the soldier is and hurling insults on him...this is the average Nigerian youth...all for show and not for true patriotism.

You'll see that the protest that was generated by the rape case of Timi's wife won't be generated with this soldier's detention.

The hypocrisy reeks. This guy is brave and needs the support of all influential activists. If a soldier will come out and say this, then.it means that there truly is fire on the mountain

18 Likes

Re: Martins Idakpini: Lance Corporal Blasts Buratai Over Incessant Killings by SarkinYarki: 6:50pm On Jun 23, 2020
shogsmania:
Nigerians are cowards and their youths are unintelligent and prioritize nonsense over important things, this is why you will remain in jail.
If it was a case about naira Marley or one of the prostitutes that dress naked and call themselves celebrities thousands of foolish Nigerian youths will remember they have a voice then.
Stupid people

Exactly

4 Likes

Re: Martins Idakpini: Lance Corporal Blasts Buratai Over Incessant Killings by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jun 23, 2020
Jakemedg:
I quite agree with you but have you forgotten that contacting your senator / house reps member isn't the same as contacting your mobile network customer care service

Even then, still contact them

Who told you democracy is easy??

All those democracies like the UK, US, etc....that they are nice and perfect is because people sweated and in some isntances laid down their lives to make it so over decades.
Re: Martins Idakpini: Lance Corporal Blasts Buratai Over Incessant Killings by Blueelf: 6:51pm On Jun 23, 2020
Princedapace:
The impunity is too much! Pls, whoever that has the say, pls help this brave guy.

It is becus we have been quiet for too long that is why these old men are using us to play pool!

I sense a coup by the junior officers soon. I just feel it. And I hope they kill those greedy seniors

5 Likes

Re: Martins Idakpini: Lance Corporal Blasts Buratai Over Incessant Killings by egopersonified(f): 6:51pm On Jun 23, 2020
God forbid another country invades Nigeria, is it this same military that will defend us?
Re: Martins Idakpini: Lance Corporal Blasts Buratai Over Incessant Killings by nams77: 6:52pm On Jun 23, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
What da fuckkkk

Get this Moda fuckkker arrested

This pussy asss soldiers should stop taking videos and using social media to draw the worlds attention to our problems and cursing the Chief of Army Staff, Lt-Gen Tukur Buratai
It affects the morale, the confidence, the enthusiasm and discipline of other officers. It affects the espirit de corp of other officers,
It violates the "chain of command”

Soldiers should refrain from coming out on social media to complain. They are not supposed to be doing that

Even if they have to do it then they should use the suggestion -cum- grievances boxes
Shut your trap! Don't be blind. There is something call rule of engagement in professional military circles.
Dont support rubbish, because you are rooting for your masters.
People are dying by the hundreds from the hands of a group that can be wiped out in a matter of weeks.
I feel so ashamed when i see comments like yours.
I wont say much here but if you are sincere and want to learn, i will educate you about what's going on.. This will be my first and last response on this matter.
Take care

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Martins Idakpini: Lance Corporal Blasts Buratai Over Incessant Killings by Thane(m): 6:53pm On Jun 23, 2020
damn
Re: Martins Idakpini: Lance Corporal Blasts Buratai Over Incessant Killings by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jun 23, 2020
OLDESTWARRIBOY:
Idakpini?? Which tribe be that? Hope no be Afonja?

Brave Idakpini, small small o make dem no go set you up like dem do that one wey dey transfer money from Sokoto to Kaduna...Ojikri abi wetin be im name.

Buratai and im soldier ants dn try, we need new guys to fight insurgency...make them try use Igbos or Amotekun. Or dem use Dokubo Asari & im boys

He is from Middle Belt (Benue). Did you even bother to watch the video before showing your stupidity and tribalistic mentality? Yoruba this, Amotekun that!

Even the guy in the video praised Femi Falana as the only lawyer who stood for soldiers when they were being tried.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Martins Idakpini: Lance Corporal Blasts Buratai Over Incessant Killings by Farki: 6:54pm On Jun 23, 2020
Jakemedg:

Leave him, back when Ambode was governor some people led a protest march to his office and he acted like nothing happened. The useless people calling themselves politicians know what's going on but because it's not affecting their pocket they won't be bothered.

Governor Zulum is one of the few people who actually does his job.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Martins Idakpini: Lance Corporal Blasts Buratai Over Incessant Killings by Toscarel: 6:54pm On Jun 23, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
What da fuckkkk

Get this Moda fuckkker arrested

This pussy asss soldiers should stop taking videos and using social media to draw the worlds attention to our problems and cursing the Chief of Army Staff, Lt-Gen Tukur Buratai
It affects the morale, the confidence, the enthusiasm and discipline of other officers. It affects the espirit de corp of other officers,
It violates the "chain of command”

Soldiers should refrain from coming out on social media to complain. They are not supposed to be doing that

Even if they have to do it then they should use the suggestion -cum- grievances boxes

Sense is far from this one, if stupidity was painful youbwould be in sifia and excruciating pains right now

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Martins Idakpini: Lance Corporal Blasts Buratai Over Incessant Killings by OROSUNBOLB(m): 6:54pm On Jun 23, 2020
The present government in Nigeria is the worst ever ! Impunity, nepotism, incompetence just name it ,these are the hallmarks of this highly corrupt government. Buhari's name will go down in the history of Nigeria as the worst president ever !

3 Likes

Re: Martins Idakpini: Lance Corporal Blasts Buratai Over Incessant Killings by Blueelf: 6:54pm On Jun 23, 2020
SarkinYarki:

Exactly

I dey tell you..this youths stupid gan. Even as a youth ehn, my friends are all within their 40s.. Their brains are infested with entertainment and other but irrelevancies

9 Likes

Re: Martins Idakpini: Lance Corporal Blasts Buratai Over Incessant Killings by nams77: 6:55pm On Jun 23, 2020
Blueelf:

God bless you bro.

Look at the comments on this thread...you see most people talking about how db the soldier is and hurling insults on him...this is the average Nigerian youth...all for show and not for true patriotism.

You'll see that the protest that was generated by the rape case of Timi's wife won't be generated with this soldier's detention.

The hypocrisy reeks. This guy is brave and needs the support of all influential activists. If a soldier will come out and say this, then.it means that there truly is fire on the mountain

God bless you

2 Likes

Re: Martins Idakpini: Lance Corporal Blasts Buratai Over Incessant Killings by Blueelf: 6:55pm On Jun 23, 2020
Toscarel:

Sense is far from this one

The guy na wannabe from Osogbo...that's how he talks....just leave him. The workers from the asylum he escaped from would soon grab him and carry him back home

2 Likes

Re: Martins Idakpini: Lance Corporal Blasts Buratai Over Incessant Killings by whiteafrique: 6:55pm On Jun 23, 2020
Revolution will evolve soon let them still be enjoying their loot.

1 Like

Re: Martins Idakpini: Lance Corporal Blasts Buratai Over Incessant Killings by Jostoman: 6:56pm On Jun 23, 2020
JosEast:
undecided
op please always update us on this matter o, so that those useless APC government will not use their propaganda to cover this story oo.

1 Like

Re: Martins Idakpini: Lance Corporal Blasts Buratai Over Incessant Killings by Meteng: 6:56pm On Jun 23, 2020
OgbanjeProphet:
That is a bold one, but...

Now that "report has it that he has been arrested"what would he do Who would save his job
Exactly what he wanted, arrested and detained. No more sambisa or Boko Haram again for am
Re: Martins Idakpini: Lance Corporal Blasts Buratai Over Incessant Killings by Avedonn: 6:57pm On Jun 23, 2020
This is mutiny and insubordination of the highest other.

I know Buhari and the army chiefs doing anything about the killings going on in the country, but the president is the commander in chief and this solder should know that his first duty is to respect his superiors.

Even the US that have freedom of speech, you hardly see a solder criticising his superiors.

The guy will defiantly be court marshaled for this gross misconduct and indiscipline.

2 Likes

Re: Martins Idakpini: Lance Corporal Blasts Buratai Over Incessant Killings by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jun 23, 2020
Blueelf:

I sense a coup by the junior officers soon. I just feel it. And I hope they kill those greedy seniors

Better stop wishing for a coup.

It is because you never lived under Army rule that you are wishing for coup. Army rule will make Buhari's civillan rule right now look like a party in Transcorp Hilton.

1 Like

Re: Martins Idakpini: Lance Corporal Blasts Buratai Over Incessant Killings by Austeeenxx: 6:57pm On Jun 23, 2020
As far as I am concerned Nigeria used to be a country.

1 Like

Re: Martins Idakpini: Lance Corporal Blasts Buratai Over Incessant Killings by Princedapace(m): 6:58pm On Jun 23, 2020
Blueelf:

Not just the seniors, they should round up all politicians, retired and serving and waste them... including their wives and kids!

Sincerely, if they do this, we will forever be grateful

These politicians and generals have dealt with this country!

1 Like

Re: Martins Idakpini: Lance Corporal Blasts Buratai Over Incessant Killings by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jun 23, 2020
Avedonn:
This is mutiny and insubordination of the highest other.

I know Buhari and the army chiefs doing anything about the killings going on in the country, but the president is the commander in chief and this solder should know that his first duty is to respect his superiors.

Even the US that have freedom of speech, you hardly see a solder criticising his superiors.

The guy will defiantly be court marshaled for this gross misconduct and indiscipline.

One of my mates wanted to join army...until the day he found out that his 'human rights won't be respected'...after which he changed course fast.

1 Like

Re: Martins Idakpini: Lance Corporal Blasts Buratai Over Incessant Killings by Asour: 6:58pm On Jun 23, 2020
haryothosyn93:
He should have known that he can't escape it. He will be silent and the issue and the video will never be remember again.

He's not just coming into the system, this is army affairs not Airforce or Navy where you can do and undo. You don't just wake up and do something in Army.

I just pity his family and relatives because they won't see him no more! Since you have been commissioned into the system, he should have known that there are things you don't just go to the public especially the civilians world to say as a personnel or officer.

We all know the system is faulty and corrupt but we can't change it because the Mighties are there!

What has he said that's not public knowledge?

His Courage (some would say foolishness) is quite interesting though. But I suppose a man who takes a rifle and heads into the Northern forrests in search of amorphous terrorist has to be courageous.

1 Like

Re: Martins Idakpini: Lance Corporal Blasts Buratai Over Incessant Killings by Sixaxis: 6:59pm On Jun 23, 2020
A Lance Corporal to Lt General(COAS)?!!!
Too bad you might never see the guy again..
Re: Martins Idakpini: Lance Corporal Blasts Buratai Over Incessant Killings by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jun 23, 2020
Princedapace:

Not just the seniors, they should round up all politicians, retired and serving and waste them... including their wives and kids!

Sincerely, if they do this, we will forever be grateful

These politicians and generals have dealt with this country!

And the last time that happened in this country, we had one year of pogroms and 3 years of civil wars.

Polticans loot because you people let them.

Anytime I say that we should look into the corruption under PDP or the corruption under APC, people like you will start screaming that I am biased.

Democracy is hard work. Using coup for easy way out leads to pain and suffering.

2 Likes

Re: Martins Idakpini: Lance Corporal Blasts Buratai Over Incessant Killings by Asour: 7:01pm On Jun 23, 2020
Ikennamurphy:
He sure knew he would be arrested...why is he saying he's from middle belt and not north..is middle belt not North Central Nigeria again? shocked

Is it "North Central". But the Middle belt is only North when anybody using the label wants them to be otherwise they're not.
Re: Martins Idakpini: Lance Corporal Blasts Buratai Over Incessant Killings by SarkinYarki: 7:01pm On Jun 23, 2020
Blueelf:

I dey tell you..this youths stupid gan. Even as a youth ehn, my friends are all within their 40s.. Their brains are infested with entertainment and other but irrelevancies

They will not come out and support this man now but if it's one big brother contestant you will see them razing twitter with useless hashtag

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Martins Idakpini: Lance Corporal Blasts Buratai Over Incessant Killings by nams77: 7:01pm On Jun 23, 2020
haryothosyn93:
He should have known that he can't escape it. He will be silent and the issue and the video will never be remember again.

He's not just coming into the system, this is army affairs not Airforce or Navy where you can do and undo. You don't just wake up and do something in Army.

I just pity his family and relatives because they won't see him no more! Since you have been commissioned into the system, he should have known that there are things you don't just go to the public especially the civilians world to say as a personnel or officer.

We all know the system is faulty and corrupt but we can't change it because the Mighties are there!
Pls applaud someone who dares to stand against tyranny. Bro got balls of iron. We are all cowards that why our oppressors treats us like shit. Cos we can't stand up for our rights

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Martins Idakpini: Lance Corporal Blasts Buratai Over Incessant Killings by Reference(m): 7:02pm On Jun 23, 2020
NettyNelly:
So he should keep mute abi? 2hrs to go, check my signature

Yes, he should. The military is not civil society and is not run as a democracy. He will be court-martialed and likely dismissed. No military will tolerate this.

An American Naval Captain of an aircraft carrier (for that matter) faces similar action over a leaked memo complaining about the US Navy's handling of the Covid 19 outbreak aboard his ship.

This soldier is a danger to his colleagues, superiors and the Army. No one will entrust him ever again with a weapon or deploy him on anny operation where he can compromise the mission and the lives of his colleagues. The military has well laid down channels of complaints and superior officers and supervising rank and file do entertain views during briefings. If he is not satisfied with the way the Army is run he is free to resign.

Having said that, those who can, should and are constitutionally protected to speak out, the citizens share responsibility for the degeneration in the security situation by not objectively opposing the structure, administration and operations of our security architecture. The citizens of Nigeria have collectively failed these young men and women who constantly put themselves in harm's way so we can carry on our lives in peace by the familiar divisions of tribe, religion and background instead of a unity of purpose along the objectives of good governance.

We all owe them an apology. This man has sacrificed his career and freedom having risked his life for country in the first place. A real pity.

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Buhari and Tinubu In Daura Today (Pictures) / Senator Dino Melaye Eating At A Local Restaurant (Photo) / Fayose Reacts To 2018 Osun Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.