Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,357 members, 7,815,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Court Orders PDP To Field Obaseki In Edo Primaries - Pictures - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Orders PDP To Field Obaseki In Edo Primaries - Pictures (33700 Views)

Ize-Iyamu Casts His Vote In Ongoing Edo APC Primaries (Pictures) / Edo Primaries: APC Dares Obaseki, Refuses To Apply For Permit / Edo Primaries: Obaseki Returns Nomination Form, Warns Oshiomhole To Stay Away (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Orders PDP To Field Obaseki In Edo Primaries - Pictures by SecretSpy666: 9:36am On Jun 24, 2020
Dansuqi:

The order is dead on arrival.a state high court does not have such jurisdiction
Stopping talking nonsense and make people to laugh at you. Both State High Court and Federal High Court are courts of coordinate jurisdiction and equal in judicial power. The only difference is that FHC order can be gotten from anywhere but SHC can be gotten from the state where the matter is happening.

Is like saying that Federal University and State Universities are not awarding the same degrees. Wake up man. In Obaseki we stand!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Orders PDP To Field Obaseki In Edo Primaries - Pictures by Dansuqi: 9:41am On Jun 24, 2020
SecretSpy666:

Stopping talking nonsense and make people to laugh at you. Both State High Court and Federal High Court are courts of coordinate jurisdiction and equal in judicial power. The only difference is that FHC order can be gotten from anywhere but SHC can be gotten from the state where the matter is happening.

Is like saying that Federal University and State Universities are not awarding the same degrees. Wake up man. In Obaseki we stand!!!

Sit with him
Re: Court Orders PDP To Field Obaseki In Edo Primaries - Pictures by Dansuqi: 9:42am On Jun 24, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

I didn't say so. I only asked why there can't be a high court in Benin

Ok.I told you pdp fans are even more ignorant and confused than APC fans.he is an example
Re: Court Orders PDP To Field Obaseki In Edo Primaries - Pictures by MoIbrahim: 9:45am On Jun 24, 2020
See the way majestically Obaseki landed in PDP grin

https://twitter.com/AdeBanqie/status/1275505364335841284?s=08
Re: Court Orders PDP To Field Obaseki In Edo Primaries - Pictures by Dragovic: 9:52am On Jun 24, 2020
meanwhile he is still running around grin

Re: Court Orders PDP To Field Obaseki In Edo Primaries - Pictures by Essence20(m): 10:02am On Jun 24, 2020
This Edo gubernatorial election is gathering momentum day by day...hope it ends well
Re: Court Orders PDP To Field Obaseki In Edo Primaries - Pictures by osothermal(m): 10:06am On Jun 24, 2020
Indispensable85:

I hear you. Supreme court of nairaland.
Open your mind to learn new things bro

1 Like

Re: Court Orders PDP To Field Obaseki In Edo Primaries - Pictures by Naijaarchive(m): 10:18am On Jun 24, 2020
Yahoo yahoo judiciary system.... Court order to the highest bidder
Re: Court Orders PDP To Field Obaseki In Edo Primaries - Pictures by vicshub(m): 10:19am On Jun 24, 2020
Dansuqi:

Ok.I told you pdp fans are even more ignorant and confused than APC fans.he is an example
you are the one that is the most confused. There is an high court at ekpoma that caters for matters arising from ekpoma/irruekpen/uromi/irrua axis, there are other high courts at okada, auchi, etc.. Jugde inneh is the presiding judge at the ekpoma Court.. Check the edo state judiciary portal for more info including pictures..
Re: Court Orders PDP To Field Obaseki In Edo Primaries - Pictures by kaludestiny10(m): 10:23am On Jun 24, 2020
Akanbiedu:

INEC is a state body, I see.
We are talking of Obaseki not participating in the PDP primary and not INEC. I don't think inec is a party to the suit. Meanwhile, I am not a lawyer, I am only quoting out of a layman's understanding.
Re: Court Orders PDP To Field Obaseki In Edo Primaries - Pictures by vicshub(m): 10:23am On Jun 24, 2020
Directory of courts in edo state and their addresses

Re: Court Orders PDP To Field Obaseki In Edo Primaries - Pictures by kaludestiny10(m): 10:24am On Jun 24, 2020
Dansuqi:

No,it is not.federal high court have jurisdiction on both state and federal matters and inec,national party chapters are under their jurisdiction
Okay.
Re: Court Orders PDP To Field Obaseki In Edo Primaries - Pictures by Nobody: 10:44am On Jun 24, 2020
Indispensable85:
It will be ignored by INEC. There's already an order From ph.
The last( counter order) would be upheld
Re: Court Orders PDP To Field Obaseki In Edo Primaries - Pictures by keneck1: 10:45am On Jun 24, 2020
SecretSpy666:

In Obaseki you stand good and fine,but this we is were i am going to have issues with you.
Re: Court Orders PDP To Field Obaseki In Edo Primaries - Pictures by Seanfer1: 10:54am On Jun 24, 2020
kaludestiny10:

We are talking of Obaseki not participating in the PDP primary and not INEC. I don't think inec is a party to the suit. Meanwhile, I am not a lawyer, I am only quoting out of a layman's understanding.

Though the high court has same jurisdiction with the federal high court. I think the order should have come from the federal high court because the NWC of the PDP conducting the primary is not in Edo but Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders PDP To Field Obaseki In Edo Primaries - Pictures by fergie001: 11:08am On Jun 24, 2020
Seanfer1:

Though the high court has same jurisdiction with the federal high court. I think the order should have come from the federal high court because the NWC of the PDP conducting the primary is not in Edo but Abuja.
No, the Primaries is holding in Benin.
The persons who will conduct the elections is the SWC of PDP in Edo.

So getting it in Benin is alright. It has territorial jurisdiction.

The question is:
The case is in another Court of concurrent jurisdiction. Why go get an exparte of same in that Court?

It can never stop or invalidate what the PH Court will do!
Re: Court Orders PDP To Field Obaseki In Edo Primaries - Pictures by Indispensable85(m): 11:15am On Jun 24, 2020
fairfora:
The last( counter order) would be upheld

INEC usually obeys the first one. Watch out.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders PDP To Field Obaseki In Edo Primaries - Pictures by Indispensable85(m): 11:16am On Jun 24, 2020
osothermal:
Open your mind to learn new things bro

I nor get ur time.
Re: Court Orders PDP To Field Obaseki In Edo Primaries - Pictures by Meteng: 11:16am On Jun 24, 2020
Throwback:
This is not a case of who will have the last laugh, rather it is who will have the last court judgement.
I believe Obaseki should have waited till like a day before the primaries to get this order

1 Like

Re: Court Orders PDP To Field Obaseki In Edo Primaries - Pictures by Indispensable85(m): 11:16am On Jun 24, 2020
correctyourself:

If so, why did you respond to my contribution on this matter?

And why did you mention me?
Re: Court Orders PDP To Field Obaseki In Edo Primaries - Pictures by Indispensable85(m): 11:17am On Jun 24, 2020
saintokwuluora:

An illiterate that is willing to learn is far more valuable than the literate who has refused to apply his literacy.

So go and learn, bye....
Re: Court Orders PDP To Field Obaseki In Edo Primaries - Pictures by Dansuqi: 11:17am On Jun 24, 2020
vicshub:
you are the one that is the most confused. There is an high court at ekpoma that caters for matters arising from ekpoma/irruekpen/uromi/irrua axis, there are other high courts at okada, auchi, etc.. Jugde inneh is the presiding judge at the ekpoma Court.. Check the edo state judiciary portal for more info including pictures..

So the edo state high court,ekpoma division is now a federal high court? Only pdp fans do not know that every state has one federal high court located at the capital and each state has its own high court with headquarters at the capital and different branches. So you see pdp fans are confused.

@fergie,since the ekpoma divisional high court covers only esan land,it has no jurisdiction over matters at Benin where the primaries will hold.
Re: Court Orders PDP To Field Obaseki In Edo Primaries - Pictures by Indispensable85(m): 11:19am On Jun 24, 2020
NICENEDU29:
For your information, the Order of interim Injunction from Federal High Court, Port Harcourt and the one from Edo State High Court are conflicting Orders given by Courts of coordinate or equal jurisdiction and both are based on the same subject matter. So, the position of the law in that circumstance is that where there are two conflicting decisions, judgments or orders given by two different courts of coordinate or equal jurisdiction, the latter in time prevails over the former, because it is taken that the latter has overruled the former and the former becomes inoperative in the light of the latter. Therefore, the Order made by Edo State High Court on 23rd June, 2020 takes priority over the one made by the Federal High Court, Port Harcourt on 22nd June, 2020, since the Edo State High Court Order was made later and both are courts of equal jurisdiction.

HahahahHa. .. why are you displaying this kind of unparalleled ignorance on the internet?
Re: Court Orders PDP To Field Obaseki In Edo Primaries - Pictures by fergie001: 11:20am On Jun 24, 2020
Indispensable85:

INEC doesnt have any say in the internal primaries of a political party.

Infact, their presence there is to monitor and technically, is for formality sake. They cannot bar anyone, they cannot disqualify anyone.

They will leave it for the Courts to decide.
Re: Court Orders PDP To Field Obaseki In Edo Primaries - Pictures by Dansuqi: 11:20am On Jun 24, 2020
fergie001:

No, the Primaries is holding in Benin.
The persons who will conduct the elections is the SWC of PDP in Edo.

So getting it in Benin is alright. It has territorial jurisdiction.

The question is:
The case is in another Court of concurrent jurisdiction. Why go get an exparte of same in that Court?

It can never stop or invalidate what the PH Court will do!

Yes,a Benin high court order will have suffice..but the primaries is conducted by the nwc with the swc helping.I wanted to ask you about the possibility of sending someone overseas ego
Re: Court Orders PDP To Field Obaseki In Edo Primaries - Pictures by fergie001: 11:22am On Jun 24, 2020
Dansuqi:

Yes,a Benin high court order will have suffice..but the primaries is conducted by the nwc with the swc helping.I wanted to ask you about the possibility of sending someone overseas ego
Don't really know about that o...unless I can make some calls at night.

PS: Ihama has withdrawn the case.
Re: Court Orders PDP To Field Obaseki In Edo Primaries - Pictures by Larryallfather(m): 11:33am On Jun 24, 2020
Mehn!
It's all Politics at play.
Re: Court Orders PDP To Field Obaseki In Edo Primaries - Pictures by Nobody: 11:35am On Jun 24, 2020
The order from P/Harcourt is from a Federal High court (which is the appropriate court) and this one is from a State High court, and some of you are expecting that this 2nd order supercedes that 1st one? The truth is, as I've been saying since, these courts and garbage judges will continue to cause confusion in this Edo elections and on the general run, keep destroying democracy with their notorious acts. And as I've also been saying: nobody, I repeat nobody, is 100% sure right now, who will eventually emerge the defacto governor in Edo State.
Re: Court Orders PDP To Field Obaseki In Edo Primaries - Pictures by Indispensable85(m): 11:46am On Jun 24, 2020
fergie001:

INEC doesnt have any say in the internal primaries of a political party.

Infact, their presence there is to monitor and technically, is for formality sake. They cannot bar anyone, they cannot disqualify anyone.

They will leave it for the Courts to decide.

You missed it. They're obligated to obey court orders not necessarily interfering in party primaries. However, I also know that if INEC doesn't monitor your primaries and confirm it held you may not field candidates. Zamfara for instance.
Re: Court Orders PDP To Field Obaseki In Edo Primaries - Pictures by fergie001: 11:48am On Jun 24, 2020
Indispensable85:

You missed it. They're obligated to obey court orders not necessarily interfering in party primaries. However, I also know that if INEC doesn't monitor your primaries and confirm it held you may not field candidates. Zamfara for instance.
It is a formality doesn't mean they won't monitor.

I said it here that they will monitor.

Anyways, Ihama has withdrawn the case.
Re: Court Orders PDP To Field Obaseki In Edo Primaries - Pictures by Dansuqi: 11:50am On Jun 24, 2020
fergie001:

Don't really know about that o...unless I can make some calls at night.

PS: Ihama has withdrawn the case.

I meant online transfer.

Ihama did not withdraw,its just a temporary stepdown to see what obaseki has to offer.they have obaseki where they wanted him
Re: Court Orders PDP To Field Obaseki In Edo Primaries - Pictures by Nobody: 11:52am On Jun 24, 2020
Indispensable85:

ok. Ph high court decides tomorrow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

LP Seeks Postponement Of Elections In Ondo Over Missing Logo / APC Reconstructing Lagos Guber Election As "War" Between Igbo & Yoruba - Soyombo / Photos Of Development In Yobe State After Years Of Insurgency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.