Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,584 members, 7,820,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

Shehu Musa Yar'adua Opens The Lagos-Ibadan Expressway In 1978 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shehu Musa Yar'adua Opens The Lagos-Ibadan Expressway In 1978 (48304 Views)

Osinbajo Pays Courtesy Visit To Late President Musa Yar'Adua's Mother / Jonathan, Atiku, Saraki Remember Umaru Musa Yar'adua 11 Years After His Death / Buhari: Shehu Musa Yar’adua And I Wrote WASCE In 1961 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shehu Musa Yar'adua Opens The Lagos-Ibadan Expressway In 1978 by nokatakata: 8:31am On Jun 24, 2020
They keep using this same road to embezzle money. buhari claimed they'll be using part of Abacha's loot for the construction of this road. Same road they had budget for before Abacha's loot was returned.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shehu Musa Yar'adua Opens The Lagos-Ibadan Expressway In 1978 by just2endowed: 8:32am On Jun 24, 2020
gartamanta:
Looking at Shehu Yaradua here, one would not know that the man was amongst the biggest mass-murderers and coup plotter Nigeria ever produced. He was literally Murtala Mohammed's right hand man and when Mohammed was assassinated, Yar'adua was double promoted to become a Brigadier and Chief of General Staff. He spent the rest of his years in power amassing wealth and became one of the richest men in the North when he retired. He was CEO of Hamza Holdings. But Karma has a way of coming back to bite all evil men. He died crying of pain in Abakiliki Prisons.

Nigeria don't like history.

2 Likes

Re: Shehu Musa Yar'adua Opens The Lagos-Ibadan Expressway In 1978 by HITsquad: 8:37am On Jun 24, 2020
Military regime had it's own flaws but was better for the country.

Democracy hasn't been working for us! All I see is business men trying to get richer and richer by all means! The military were harsh but still desciplined plusThe fear of coups from other
soldiers kept them in check... and the fear of miltary also kept the civilians organized...

As bad as it sounds, i don't think democracy is meant for Africa.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Musa Yar'adua Opens The Lagos-Ibadan Expressway In 1978 by Abdulquadrimuha(m): 8:38am On Jun 24, 2020
Imagine yet we still in the same circle. Pls I urge all Nigeria youth to wake up from slumber the time to make Nigeria the desire future is now. Let not wait till 2023 or whatever the time to act is NOW. We can all see for ourselves that those kleptomaniac we called leaders are already planning for 2023.

That why this group on telegram (see attached below) was created to gather activist and people, youth who want a better future for nigeria.
@nigerianyouthsaretired

Pls we need all hands on deck to make change. Let not ignore this.
Re: Shehu Musa Yar'adua Opens The Lagos-Ibadan Expressway In 1978 by phorget(m): 8:38am On Jun 24, 2020
EgunMogaji2:
To be honest it’s the most travelled road in the country. It’s also carrying a lot of dead weight.

Anyways I’m one of the first to have driven on it. Drive, not passenger. So children of Nairaland please be guided about my age cheesy

So mo age mi ni?

My oga at the top cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Shehu Musa Yar'adua Opens The Lagos-Ibadan Expressway In 1978 by FlatSkull: 8:42am On Jun 24, 2020
[s]
phorget:

The money used in prosecuting an endless war against your self created bokoharam and herdsmen could have been use to build not just roads but the whole nation at large.
It's so funny how you'll sacrifice so much just to hold back someone who wouldnt want to be with you. Biafrans don't ever wish to stay why can't you honorable give them their freedom.
[/s]

E dey pain biafraudd agent of darkness

U be big fool

Re: Shehu Musa Yar'adua Opens The Lagos-Ibadan Expressway In 1978 by phorget(m): 8:42am On Jun 24, 2020
Corporate2020:

True talk. Even money used in managing Nigeria image abroad after Igbos used drug trafficking and human trafficking to spoil our image could have built the road.

I guess hushpuppi is also an igbo man.
What image are you managing abroad please? The same image you never had is what you want to manage... Mr manager wehdone sir.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Musa Yar'adua Opens The Lagos-Ibadan Expressway In 1978 by colestephan86: 8:43am On Jun 24, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

The next government will award a contract to "rehabilate' the failing portion angry. It was made to fail, so they can keep eating.
Lol
Re: Shehu Musa Yar'adua Opens The Lagos-Ibadan Expressway In 1978 by extol1(m): 8:46am On Jun 24, 2020
Corporate2020:

No thanks to PDP
and how is this PDP and not APC.
Re: Shehu Musa Yar'adua Opens The Lagos-Ibadan Expressway In 1978 by phorget(m): 8:48am On Jun 24, 2020
FlatSkull:
[s][/s]

E dey pain biafraudd agent of darkness

U be big fool

So quick to use cursed words,your lack of reasoning ability won't stop to amaze me.
You don't beat a child and expect him/her not to cry. You can't marginalize a whole region and you expect them not to try and survive on whatever means. To every crime committed by an igbo man then Nigeria should be held accountable. Nigeria made an igbo man who he is today so stop crying over your spilt milk.
Re: Shehu Musa Yar'adua Opens The Lagos-Ibadan Expressway In 1978 by seguno2: 8:48am On Jun 24, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
42 years later we are still struggling to complete it angry

Do you mean that Yar’adua opened the road in 1978, even though it was not completed?
Sorry but I don’t understand your English please. Thanks
Re: Shehu Musa Yar'adua Opens The Lagos-Ibadan Expressway In 1978 by Focusmind: 8:49am On Jun 24, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
NIGERIA: VICE PRESIDENT BRIGADIER SHEHU MUSA YAR'ADUA OPENS NEW EXPRESSWAY LINKING LAGOS TO IBADAN.

The Brigadier then formally opened the new highway, the first rural expressway in the country.

The road cost a total of 170 million naira (nearly 266 million dollars). And to recover at least part of that cost, and to pay for its upkeep, road users will have to pay a toll. Even at the opening ceremony, Brigadier Shehu Yar'Adua led the way in paying for the service the new expressway offers."

Transcript of Brigadier Yar'Adua's remarks:

"The expressway which we are about to open is one of the finest of its type by any standard. Your convenience, comfort and safety have all been incorporated in the highest standard of its design and construction. It does seem however that the better the road, the greater the death toll. The reported deaths on highways rose from 4,537 in 1973 to 8,000 in 1977, giving us a daily average of about 22 deaths. We all know that these are caused by excessive speeding, lack of proper maintenance of vehicles, drunkenness and a complete disregard for highway rules and regulations. I hereby appeal to all road users, and in particular, motorists, to obey highway rules and regulations, to have more respect for their lives and show care and consideration for others. This country has paid very substantially for your comfort and safety on this expressway so please do not make it a one-way ticket to death."

No be today Nigerians recklessness on the road started. Imagine the high death rate on the road then. Our accident rates have been high from time immemorial - imagine my former traditional ruler died on the road and one of my aunt's husband died on the road. See his statement, " high speed, articulated vehicles, lack of maintenance and over speeding - all these are still with us till today because of our stubbornness and lack of discipline.
Re: Shehu Musa Yar'adua Opens The Lagos-Ibadan Expressway In 1978 by seguno2: 8:50am On Jun 24, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
Lagos-Ibadan expressway presently and the construction that never ends shocked

How come the new Lagos-Ibadan railways, which is more complex, has been completed and even providing free rides to people?
Na which kain magic be that
Re: Shehu Musa Yar'adua Opens The Lagos-Ibadan Expressway In 1978 by FlatSkull: 8:54am On Jun 24, 2020
[s]
phorget:

So quick to use cursed words,your lack of reasoning ability won't stop to amaze me.
You don't beat a child and expect him/her not to cry. You can't marginalize a whole region and you expect them not to try and survive on whatever means. To every crime committed by an igbo man then Nigeria should be held accountable. Nigeria made an igbo man who he is today so stop crying over your spilt milk.
[/s]
Shatap der aba miscreant terrorist

Kownu and Ipigs are not true igbos. They are agents of darkness miscreant scallywags

After all the dirty game Ipigs hav played in the past, u expect the nation to treat them on a platter of gold.
What goes around comes around

The North will keep holding them by the balls
Till then, Continue wailin and pissing like a biich

Re: Shehu Musa Yar'adua Opens The Lagos-Ibadan Expressway In 1978 by Liposure: 8:55am On Jun 24, 2020
ursullalinda:
What am I supposed to do with this news
u are suppose 2 remember it. LTNS
Re: Shehu Musa Yar'adua Opens The Lagos-Ibadan Expressway In 1978 by phorget(m): 9:00am On Jun 24, 2020
FlatSkull:
[s][/s]

Kownu and Ipigs are not true igbos. They are agents of darkness miscreant scallwags

After all the dirty game Ipigs hav played in the past, u expect the nation to treat them on a platter of gold.

Continue wailin and pissing like a biich

When an igbo man does what he does then Nigeria should learn to deal with it. When a child poos the mother cleans up the mess.

When your self created monster maim and destroy your villages and cities please stop crying us a river.

Shalom!
Re: Shehu Musa Yar'adua Opens The Lagos-Ibadan Expressway In 1978 by FlatSkull: 9:02am On Jun 24, 2020
[s]
phorget:

When an igbo man does what he does then Nigeria should learn to deal with it. When a child poos the mother cleans up the mess.

When your self created monster maim and destroy your villages and cities please stop crying us a river.

Shalom!
[/s]
Miscreant terrorist, Continue dey console urself wit gibberish

Till then, Keep squirting my good man

Re: Shehu Musa Yar'adua Opens The Lagos-Ibadan Expressway In 1978 by illicit(m): 9:05am On Jun 24, 2020
The road cost a total of 170 million naira (nearly 266 million dollars).

pls can someone explain the above
Re: Shehu Musa Yar'adua Opens The Lagos-Ibadan Expressway In 1978 by Masterpiec30: 9:10am On Jun 24, 2020
9jaDoomCountry:
As usual, the fools suffering from IGBOPHOBIA are here already with their malfunctioning brain.

I tell you. They are already having 25 likes on each of their comments. These people can't do without Igbo hate yet allow Igbos have biafra mba! grin grin
It gives me joy though watching my enemies fear me to the bone.. grin
Re: Shehu Musa Yar'adua Opens The Lagos-Ibadan Expressway In 1978 by Jarus(m): 9:11am On Jun 24, 2020
EgunMogaji2:
To be honest it’s the most travelled road in the country. It’s also carrying a lot of dead weight.

Anyways I’m one of the first to have driven on it. Drive, not passenger. So children of Nairaland please be guided about my age cheesy

So mo age mi ni?

Agba o ni tan l’orile

3 Likes

Re: Shehu Musa Yar'adua Opens The Lagos-Ibadan Expressway In 1978 by Masterpiec30: 9:16am On Jun 24, 2020
FlatSkull:
[s][/s]

Kownu and Ipigs are not true igbos. They are agents of darkness miscreant scallywags

What goes around comes around

Till then, Continue wailin and pissing like a biich

Yoruba man show yourself stop this Nation Nation thing just to hide and throw your usual hate around grin

Tinubu will never be president thats a painful fact.

Re: Shehu Musa Yar'adua Opens The Lagos-Ibadan Expressway In 1978 by Masterpiec30: 9:18am On Jun 24, 2020
FlatSkull:
[s][/s]

[s]E dey pain biafraudd agent of darkness

U be big fool[/s]

Yorubastard Tinubu will never rule Nigeria are you aware?

Re: Shehu Musa Yar'adua Opens The Lagos-Ibadan Expressway In 1978 by meforyou1(m): 9:20am On Jun 24, 2020
Corporate2020:

True talk. Even money used in managing Nigeria image abroad after Igbos used drug trafficking and human trafficking to spoil our image could have built the road.
you forgot that the most wanted man in FBI list as at today is your yoruba brother
Re: Shehu Musa Yar'adua Opens The Lagos-Ibadan Expressway In 1978 by FlatSkull: 9:22am On Jun 24, 2020
Masterpiec30:

Yoruba man show yourself stop this Nation Nation thing just to hide and throw your usual hate around grin

Tinubu will never be president thats a painful fact.
E pain the aba miscreant terrorist. All ipig dislikes na yoruba man.

Online country go enter street na.

Operation Python Dance fit handle u well.

God's own operation

Re: Shehu Musa Yar'adua Opens The Lagos-Ibadan Expressway In 1978 by FlatSkull: 9:25am On Jun 24, 2020
[s]
Masterpiec30:

Yorubastard Tinubu will never rule Nigeria are you aware?
[/s]
Terrorist Online country
Una too get mouth online. Go enter street na
Cowards

U will eat shit

Re: Shehu Musa Yar'adua Opens The Lagos-Ibadan Expressway In 1978 by Masterpiec30: 9:27am On Jun 24, 2020
FlatSkull:
[s][/s]
Terrorist Online country
Una too get mouth online. Go enter street na

U will eat shit

E pain am.
The drug trafficing bullion Van hoodlum Tinubu can and will never be President of Nigeria.

Re: Shehu Musa Yar'adua Opens The Lagos-Ibadan Expressway In 1978 by Adekdammy: 9:33am On Jun 24, 2020
The reconstruction of this road started under Obasanjo and I can assure you, this present government will stil not finish it. Lagos Ibadan express way is one of the ATM of any govt in power since the return of democracy in 1999
Re: Shehu Musa Yar'adua Opens The Lagos-Ibadan Expressway In 1978 by Masterpiec30: 9:33am On Jun 24, 2020
FlatSkull:

E pain the aba miscreant terrorist. All ipig dislikes na yoruba man.

Online country go enter street na.

Operation Python Dance fit handle u well.

God's own operation

E pain you badly grin grin

The criminal creature Tinubu the hooligan and the special God of the yorubastard slaves can never rule Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gov. Nwifuru Buys SUVs For All Doctors In Ebonyi General Hospitals (Photos) / Photos From The Burial Of Zainab Asari Dokubo Who Died In Road Accident / Igbo Corper That Converted To Islam Over Buhari Writes Nigerians An Open Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.