Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

I Am Highly Depressed. A Cry For Help! - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am Highly Depressed. A Cry For Help! (4443 Views)

My Encounter With A Highly Intelligent Girl. / Fine Boy Sexually Harassed By A Lady, Feels Depressed / Man Cries For Help As Two Women In Bikini Twerk On Him Inside A Pool (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Highly Depressed. A Cry For Help! by callmeRichie(m): 9:30am On Jun 24, 2020
You deserve to be happy bro, and no one can get you that except you yourself!! Search your inner self and find those little things you've taken for granted that gives you a hell of JOY and HAPPINESS. Those are true forms of HAPPINESS, not this huge things like millions of dollars we all want in our accounts!

You saw a thread on FP yesterday of Steve Bing's who committed suicide even after owning $600m, a whooping #204bn+ in Nigerian currency Imagine! So in the real sense of it, money doesn't really brings happiness! It's just one of those desires human would never get satisfied of!!

Go out and mingle bro, attend a vibrant church, be a worker, pray and believe!!!

Mind you, only you can save yourself!

1 Like

Re: I Am Highly Depressed. A Cry For Help! by Juell(m): 9:32am On Jun 24, 2020
sammysage:
I have had a chat with my pastor, he couldn't help much. He mostly recommended I take on more responsibilities in church.
Yes, taking responsibilities in church is a great way to start.
Re: I Am Highly Depressed. A Cry For Help! by Localemperor: 9:32am On Jun 24, 2020
Do you watch football? if no, pick a team( premier league team ), find your way to a sport center.. Always find a way to disagree with every discuss and watch how you become the most popular person there with alot of friends...

take swimming, Basketball and football as a hobby and watch how you meet amazing people. Two years ago, I had no single friends but today I hardly know who to call my friend. some times I go just they pass, person go shout my name, I go come they wonder were I know this one..

jogging is a solitary sport ( I jog for like 8 miles every Saturday... no joking.... I do cross country...)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Highly Depressed. A Cry For Help! by ferdvict2(m): 9:34am On Jun 24, 2020
First, I must commend your English teacher, you are doing well.

Second, broke homes children are sometimes affected negatively unconsciously to the separated couples.

As for Job, apply for Npower. Be sure to work tirelessly for 30k.

Work on your self, you carry potentials but you are not allowing it to flow. 2014 is a long time bro. See the interviewers as you co-workers trying to make you feel they are at the top. Feel relax, in fact comfortable. Don't rush your answers, take it slow, short and steady. Always put up smiles in answering the questions. Don't be tensed at all. You will see that you can over come every interview but your knowledge of the place will help too. You need not to be told to be ready either by reading or etc.�
You don't need work of any pay. You need work of standard and mouth watery pay.

For relationship matter, Onyi22 has volunteered, believe you me, you are in for a hot ride there but you need to have cash ooo based on her signature.

Let me tell you, some ladies in your area are dieing to have you, dieing for you and some are dead self but they just want you to take the first step bro. These younger shall grow ladies need no too much talking to get them, maybe to be laid though. But leave that area.

I will advice you get a working class lady with good vision, probably ready to settle down. She will like to make you settled even in Job area, so that you can do the needful but don'to break her heart ooo. If you don't love her, don't take advantage. If you love her, tell her your challenges, she will understand and try to help out. Trust me, when a lady wants to help you sincerely, she will go all out to do that for you, especially when it is moved by Love. Remember, don't break her heart ooo.

Onyi22 will just fix you temporal though. My thinking though.

Try make new friends, visit your siblings, spend quality time with them. Make friends, reasonable ones though.

The way out of depression starts from the same depressed mindset. The problem of the heart, is the heart of the problem.

Please avoid brothels, avoid prostitutes, avoid gays. They will not help you but they are helping their selves.

Pray to God. Spiritual matters too

You seem good in the internet, as we expect your good news story later. Then after, open a blog to help depressed people. Probably a community service that pays too.

Avoid suicide brother.
You are better, you have potentials to release to the world.
Looking forward for a new and better you.

Thanks

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Highly Depressed. A Cry For Help! by AfroKnight: 9:39am On Jun 24, 2020
Oluromantic:

I dey live for okunola bros. Im depressed too I no need the beer. But that bolded one, I need yellow or light brown weh thick and clean. How we go see this evening bros?

cheesy cheesy

Na wa o.
Re: I Am Highly Depressed. A Cry For Help! by sammysage(m): 9:44am On Jun 24, 2020
callmeRichie:
You deserve to be happy bro, and no one can get you that except you yourself!! Search your inner self and find those little things you've taken for granted that gives you a hell of JOY and HAPPINESS. Those are true forms of HAPPINESS, not this huge things like millions of dollars we all want in our accounts!

You saw a thread on FP yesterday of Steve Bing's who committed suicide even after owning $600m, a whooping #204bn+ in Nigerian currency Imagine! So in the real sense of it, money doesn't really brings happiness! It's just one of those desires human would never get satisfied of!!

Go out and mingle bro, attend a vibrant church, be a worker, pray and believe!!!

Mind you, only you can save yourself!
To be frank, I'm hardly ever happy. I honestly don't have a life. The only thing that makes me smile or laugh once in a while are those funny comedy skits. Nothing else brings happiness. Most times I feel like I am just occupying space and not actually living a life. And it's not about money for me. I know money is a means to an end.

1 Like

Re: I Am Highly Depressed. A Cry For Help! by AfroKnight: 9:50am On Jun 24, 2020
Sammysage look on the bright side. You actually had clients who gave you gigs as an online freelance. That means you have skills people will pay for.

You could add a couple of new services to your skill set. Offer them as complimentary services for a start then charge later. If you think you have covered all bases and you just can’t seem to scale up, you should consider changing careers.

Now for depression, seek professional help on twitter. Follow mentallyaware
Re: I Am Highly Depressed. A Cry For Help! by sammysage(m): 9:52am On Jun 24, 2020
Localemperor:
Do you watch football? if no, pick a team( premier league team ), find your way to a sport center.. Always find a way to disagree with every discuss and watch how you become the most popular person there with alot of friends...

take swimming, Basketball and football as a hobby and watch how you meet amazing people. Two years ago, I had no single friends but today I hardly know who to call my friend. some times I go just they pass, person go shout my name, I go come they wonder were I know this one..

jogging is a solitary sport ( I jog for like 8 miles every Saturday... no joking.... I do cross country...)
I have tried this path, it didn't work out. The peeps I tend to meet ends up being just acquaintances.
Re: I Am Highly Depressed. A Cry For Help! by sammysage(m): 9:57am On Jun 24, 2020
ferdvict2:

Second, broke homes children are sometimes affected negatively unconsciously to the separated couples.

Avoid suicide brother.
You are better, you have potentials to release to the world.
Looking forward for a new and better you.

Thanks

Thanks Bro. I really appreciate this.
Re: I Am Highly Depressed. A Cry For Help! by sammysage(m): 10:02am On Jun 24, 2020
AfroKnight:
Sammysage look on the bright side. You actually had clients who gave you gigs as an online freelance. That means you have skills people will pay for.

You could add a couple of new services to your skill set. Offer them as complimentary services for a start then charge later. If you think you have covered all bases and you just can’t seem to scale up, you should consider changing careers.

Now for depression, seek professional help on twitter. Follow mentallyaware
The problem with this online gigs is that they keep me at home. All alone with my thoughts. What I really think I need now are physical jobs that takes me out of the house every day.

1 Like

Re: I Am Highly Depressed. A Cry For Help! by Nobody: 10:06am On Jun 24, 2020
all man for himself "make do or do without" want nothing take nothing and ask for nothing.

on a lighter note

am just like you but younger.

having people around is equally a problem too human beings are naturally deadly with no exception.

what you is a fiercely loyal pet dog
Re: I Am Highly Depressed. A Cry For Help! by AfroKnight: 10:11am On Jun 24, 2020
sammysage:
The problem with this online gigs is that they keep me at home. All alone with my thoughts. What I really think I need now are physical jobs that takes me out of the house every day.

This na covid19 era. No hanging out for now.

Contact @mentallyawareng on twitter. They can help with the depression.
Re: I Am Highly Depressed. A Cry For Help! by sammysage(m): 10:18am On Jun 24, 2020
frank800:
all man for himself "make do or do without" want nothing take nothing and ask for nothing.

on a lighter note

am just like you but younger.

having people around is equally a problem too human beings are naturally deadly with no exception.

what you is a fiercely loyal pet dog
I used to have exactly this your mindset back then in school and I have regrets now. I will advise you to start breaking out of your shell now or you will find yourself all alone when you get older. It would be easier as you're still young. It's hard to teach an old dog new tricks.

I'm not really a fan of dogs. Can't even housed one where I stay.
Re: I Am Highly Depressed. A Cry For Help! by sammysage(m): 10:19am On Jun 24, 2020
AfroKnight:

This na covid19 era. No hanging out for now.

Contact @mentallyawareng on twitter. They can help with the depression.
Thanks. Will do.
Re: I Am Highly Depressed. A Cry For Help! by TheManofTomorrow(m): 10:38am On Jun 24, 2020
ferdvict2:

Nigerians sha. grin grin
Re: I Am Highly Depressed. A Cry For Help! by Nobody: 10:48am On Jun 24, 2020
Start by making friends, reach out to your family members, allow people to get close to you, then practice how to scale interviews, people that scale interviews do not have two heads, come out from your shell and make a life for yourself, I wish you the best, please dont commit suicide, suicide is not the answer to your problems..

1 Like

Re: I Am Highly Depressed. A Cry For Help! by KrazzyAndy(m): 11:20am On Jun 24, 2020
Sadly I'm on this train to the only thing that matters to me in forex trading and online gaming no friends no gfs no social media life just me alone PS I'm just 19
Re: I Am Highly Depressed. A Cry For Help! by DontBullshitMe: 12:06pm On Jun 24, 2020
Do you stay alone??

Sammysage

What is the set up of your apartment like?
Re: I Am Highly Depressed. A Cry For Help! by Angelacruz: 12:13pm On Jun 24, 2020
Join d choir ministry or if u are a catholic,join d lay readers
posty56:
like choir or fellowship,

1 Like

Re: I Am Highly Depressed. A Cry For Help! by ferdvict2(m): 12:16pm On Jun 24, 2020
TheManofTomorrow:
Nigerians sha. grin grin
Lolz
Re: I Am Highly Depressed. A Cry For Help! by ferdvict2(m): 12:17pm On Jun 24, 2020
sammysage:

Thanks Bro. I really appreciate this.
You are welcome
Re: I Am Highly Depressed. A Cry For Help! by Razzness(m): 12:19pm On Jun 24, 2020
I really feel ur pains. Ur best bet is to seek medical attention to help treat ur depression and social anxiety. Ensure u see a doctor and express ur condition to him.
Re: I Am Highly Depressed. A Cry For Help! by Exmilitant(m): 12:25pm On Jun 24, 2020
Op, if you were in PH, i would have invited you over. Crowd plenty here morning, noon and night. By the time you mingle with us for just 1week, you'll beg to live forever.

1 Like

Re: I Am Highly Depressed. A Cry For Help! by Skmoda360(m): 12:25pm On Jun 24, 2020
Onyi22:
You need people like me around you
Op don't listen to this woman......focus on one thing.....get outta your shell bro and be free, thank me later.....

1 Like

Re: I Am Highly Depressed. A Cry For Help! by sammysage(m): 12:26pm On Jun 24, 2020
Nuttella:
Start by making friends, reach out to your family members, allow people to get close to you, then practice how to scale interviews, people that scale interviews do not have two heads, come out from your shell and make a life for yourself, I wish you the best, please dont commit suicide, suicide is not the answer to your problems..
Thanks.
Re: I Am Highly Depressed. A Cry For Help! by sammysage(m): 12:28pm On Jun 24, 2020
DontBullshitMe:
Do you stay alone??

Sammysage

What is the set up of your apartment like?
I stay alone in a single room apartment...face me i face you set up.
Re: I Am Highly Depressed. A Cry For Help! by Exmilitant(m): 12:29pm On Jun 24, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Simply join a church like winners but not depressing one like Deeper Life sha
Why you dey spoil anoda church name? Oyedepo and Kumuyi na friends.
Re: I Am Highly Depressed. A Cry For Help! by sammysage(m): 12:31pm On Jun 24, 2020
Razzness:
I really feel ur pains. Ur best bet is to seek medical attention to help treat ur depression and social anxiety. Ensure u see a doctor and express ur condition to him.
Thanks. Working on that.
Re: I Am Highly Depressed. A Cry For Help! by boom99(m): 12:33pm On Jun 24, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Simply join a church like winners but not depressing one like Deeper Life sha

Hmmmmm. Wetin deeperlife do u?
Let him read motivational books.
Join any good church that go out to preach. Follow them for back. With time every shyness will fly

1 Like

Re: I Am Highly Depressed. A Cry For Help! by sammysage(m): 12:34pm On Jun 24, 2020
Exmilitant:
Op, if you were in PH, i would have invited you over. Crowd plenty here morning, noon and night. By the time you mingle with us for just 1week, you'll beg to live forever.
Thanks. Too bad you are not nearby.
Re: I Am Highly Depressed. A Cry For Help! by CyberEBOLA(m): 12:44pm On Jun 24, 2020
sammysage:
I can say I have suffered from depression most of my life. And speaking of life, I have never really had one.

I grew up in a strict family background, though from a broken home. I can't really say me being the way I am was the fault of my dad due to the fact that my other siblings turned out well.

I'm very quiet to a fault, don't talk much. Always prefer my own company. I always get jealous and feel bad when I see people around me flowing well with each other. I have tried to make friends to no avail.

I have never had a close friend. Although I have had series of romantic entanglements that never seemed to last more than months. My girlfriends always ends up leaving because they feel i don't love them or want them around. Which is most times not the case, I just have trouble expressing my love to them. I stopped dating for more than 8 years now, I have been single since then. I am 30 years old currently, yet I am still single. I have so far lost the courage to even walk up to a girl or maintain a conversation with a girl online.

I'm really depressed. I am all alone. I have no friends, no love. And no close family ties as I'm not close to my siblings. Nobody calls me or chat with me. I'm all alone.

I have no job, never had a job in fact. Graduated since 2014, yet no job. I always flop at the interview stage not for being incompetent but for the inability to express myself coherently. Speaking with people I don't know tends to make me uncomfortable, tense and twitchy. I really don't know what to do. I have mainly survived on freelance jobs online which really doesn't pay much, but enough for my low key lifestyle.

I am highly depressed and lately thoughts of just ending it all has been entering my mind. I have tried various self helps, but nothing seems to be working.

I really need a life, but I just don't know how to go about getting it. First I need advices. I need a job. I need friends, close friends I can mingle with. Friends willing to call and check up on me. Friends to motivate me when I'm down and depressed. Friends to drag me out of my shell and never give up on me.

I need people around me or else I might just get mowed down by depression and end it all. I know most of you here would say suicide is not the solution, yeah I know that...but sometimes it just feels so easy to just let it all go.

Please come to my rescue, I would really hate to follow that path.

P.S I need a job, where I won't be placed on the hot seat at the interview stage. I don't mind the pay. I just want something doing, something that takes me out of the house everyday. A job that keeps me so busy that I don't have the time to entertain suicidal thoughts. A job that gives me the opportunity to meet and mingle with people and with time help me pull out of my shell.

Please if you can help in any way, directly or through recommendations. It would go a long way. I'm Lagos based.
Hahahaha! We are not too different.
We are about same age
I have never had a GF
I have no real job
I have no friends
Family members are not close
I stay alone in a selfcon

The only main difference between us is that I LOVE BEING ALONE.

Infact, there was a time i was indoor in my flat for 2months(no physical contact with anyone), those were the best days of my life(not joking).

Infact, socializing with people (especially physically) makes me feel sick, I become weak allover.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Highly Depressed. A Cry For Help! by Exmilitant(m): 1:00pm On Jun 24, 2020
sammysage:
Thanks. Too bad you are not nearby.
i just hope you get the help you deserve here. Don't pay hef to those turning you back to the churches, you'll only find pretenders and hypocrites there. Never discriminate if you wanna enjoy life to its fullest. See good in everyone and everything. There are different clubs and associations to belong to. The social media is there. Nairaland itself is a place to fight off depression and aloness. Get up!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

This Is Why People Say That The Women's Folk Are There Own Worst Enemies (pics) / Am In Love With The Wrong Girl And Can't Help Myself Out. / My Friend's Wife Saw This Text On His Phone Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.