Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

Livinus Elem: UNIBEN Student Arrested Over Facebook Post On Uwa - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Livinus Elem: UNIBEN Student Arrested Over Facebook Post On Uwa (63194 Views)

Blasphemy: Residents Burn Neighbour’s House, Car In Katsina Over Facebook Post / Okiemute Deborah 'Sassie Dira' Arrested By EFCC Over Facebook Post (Photos) / Livinus Elem On Uwa Vera Uwaila's Rape And Death: Says "Good For Her" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Livinus Elem: UNIBEN Student Arrested Over Facebook Post On Uwa by fatosky1(m): 10:40am On Jun 24, 2020
Great development.
Re: Livinus Elem: UNIBEN Student Arrested Over Facebook Post On Uwa by sonofanarchy(m): 10:40am On Jun 24, 2020
grin no

1 Like

Re: Livinus Elem: UNIBEN Student Arrested Over Facebook Post On Uwa by Charlex23(m): 10:40am On Jun 24, 2020
So sad he landed himself into this. be careful what u say online
Re: Livinus Elem: UNIBEN Student Arrested Over Facebook Post On Uwa by OlujobaSamuel: 10:40am On Jun 24, 2020
gambia:
He brought it upon himself.
Reading doesn't kill, trust me.

6 Likes

Re: Livinus Elem: UNIBEN Student Arrested Over Facebook Post On Uwa by Erhun10z: 10:40am On Jun 24, 2020
Nigeria police again
What is the resemblance there Biko?

2 Likes

Re: Livinus Elem: UNIBEN Student Arrested Over Facebook Post On Uwa by EngineerBode: 10:41am On Jun 24, 2020
gambia:

How? Is he the one who created himself to look like the other guy?

3 Likes

Re: Livinus Elem: UNIBEN Student Arrested Over Facebook Post On Uwa by mrkings84(m): 10:41am On Jun 24, 2020
Abi no be NIGERIA police?
They will charge him for resemblance.
Then ask him to bail himself with 200k asap!

4 Likes

Re: Livinus Elem: UNIBEN Student Arrested Over Facebook Post On Uwa by Angelfrost(m): 10:41am On Jun 24, 2020
So, you mean Nigerian Police simply arrest and prosecute individuals based on mere resemblance to actual culprits??! In this very advanced age and time??!... What the fvck??! This is the best they can come up with in a murder investigation??!

I am just tired!!!... undecided

3 Likes

Re: Livinus Elem: UNIBEN Student Arrested Over Facebook Post On Uwa by Edopesin: 10:42am On Jun 24, 2020
gambia:
You didn't bother reading the post

3 Likes

Re: Livinus Elem: UNIBEN Student Arrested Over Facebook Post On Uwa by dont8(m): 10:43am On Jun 24, 2020
gambia:
Comprehension is the bane of youths this days. Read to comprehend next time.

Charlex23:
Maybe you should be careful of what you read to be able to comprehend as well.

1 Like

Re: Livinus Elem: UNIBEN Student Arrested Over Facebook Post On Uwa by LEOSZ(m): 10:44am On Jun 24, 2020
I don't know y at this time police will still be making mistakes like this. Like how do both of them look alike abeg? Mtcheww dey should release the guy chap chap

Re: Livinus Elem: UNIBEN Student Arrested Over Facebook Post On Uwa by mignone(f): 10:44am On Jun 24, 2020
sapientia:
And he has no ID card?

He has no facebook account?

Story do not add up.
Nigeria Police doesn't care if a story doesn't add up.
Re: Livinus Elem: UNIBEN Student Arrested Over Facebook Post On Uwa by Enoch07: 10:46am On Jun 24, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr Too bad Them resemble small o

Be a real niggarrr Real niggarrrz read anyday anytime twice on Wednesday
what do you expect from Gambia?
Re: Livinus Elem: UNIBEN Student Arrested Over Facebook Post On Uwa by sylve11: 10:47am On Jun 24, 2020
With the pics the op displayed, I don't even see any resemblance between them. Anyway, luck finds you, Theodore. cool
Re: Livinus Elem: UNIBEN Student Arrested Over Facebook Post On Uwa by jojogirlx: 10:47am On Jun 24, 2020
cryThis is so sad. There is no resemblance!! Look at the ears na? Eye the eye balls. Nigerian police and arresting innocent people are 5&6. (
9jaBlogger:
EXCLUSIVE: UNIBEN Student Lands In Jail Over 'mistaken Identity'

By Campus Gist, Benin City

A student of the University of Benin, Mr. Awoh Sunday Theodore has been arrested by men of the Nigerian police over a case of 'mistaken identity', Campus Gist reports.

Theodore was arrested by the police in Edo over a Facebook post by one Livinus Elem, following the death of Miss Vera Uwaila, the first-year UNIBEN student who was raped and murdered in a church.

In the Facebook post, Elem had blamed Uwaila for her death, claiming that she double-dated while alive. “Good for her why will she be dating two room mates the same time”, he wrote.

Campus Gist gathered that the comment led to the arrest and subsequent detainment of Theodore, who was taken for Elem for their alleged resemblance.

He is currently being held behind bars at the state Criminal Investigation Department (CID), Sapele road division, Benin city, the Edo state capital.

In a letter exclusively obtained by Campus Gist, dated 18th June addressed to President of UNIBEN Students’ Union Government, Theodore said he had been wrongly accused.

“I want to remind you that you are part of my number 1 hope of survival in this grievous allegations against me”, Theodore told the SUG president, who he said had earlier paid him a visit in prison.

Mr. Theodore, however, called for solidarity from his faculty, Education and the leadership of the National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS) for his freedom.

“I have been detained and my fundamental human right of habeas corpus had been violated. I have suffered what I know nothing about and till now still subjected to police cell”, he lamented.

Theodore, a member of St. Albert catholic church in UNIBEN, further requested that the chaplain in charge, Rev. Fr. Obinyan comes to his rescue and offer prayers on his behalf.

A source and member of the church, who craved anonymity, however told Campus Gist that Rev. Obinyan and other church leaders, including the SUG president were already intervening in the matter.

“We all want justice for Uwa, but we want the real perpetrators to be brought to book”, the source said, insisting, “the innocent should be spared and not be made to pay a price for a crime he did not commit.”

The source wondered the resemblance between the duo, calling on the police to give “concrete evidence” as to the connection of Theodore to the certain Elem who made the Facebook post.

Efforts to obtain comment from the Edo state police public relations officer, DSP Chidi Nwabuzor proved abortive. His phone line was still busy as at the time of filing this report.

The post, "EXCLUSIVE: UNIBEN Student Lands In Jail Over 'Mistaken Identity", first appeared on Campus Gist.
Re: Livinus Elem: UNIBEN Student Arrested Over Facebook Post On Uwa by Zealoy(m): 10:47am On Jun 24, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Too bad
Them resemble small o

Be a real niggarrr
Real niggarrrz read anyday anytime twice on Wednesday
Oga u sure say u get work at all? U are on every thread here on NL

2 Likes

Re: Livinus Elem: UNIBEN Student Arrested Over Facebook Post On Uwa by qufirim: 10:48am On Jun 24, 2020
Re: Livinus Elem: UNIBEN Student Arrested Over Facebook Post On Uwa by Essence20(m): 10:49am On Jun 24, 2020
Nigerian police which way..
Why detain an innocent man simply because he look like a suspect...appalling
Re: Livinus Elem: UNIBEN Student Arrested Over Facebook Post On Uwa by Bigbishung(m): 10:49am On Jun 24, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Too bad
Them resemble small o

Be a real niggarrr
Real niggarrrz read anyday anytime twice on Wednesday
I will like to meet u oofline.send me a mail.cc478322@gmail.com
Re: Livinus Elem: UNIBEN Student Arrested Over Facebook Post On Uwa by Person2person(m): 10:49am On Jun 24, 2020
this is not village people oo, but police with their anyhow policy
Re: Livinus Elem: UNIBEN Student Arrested Over Facebook Post On Uwa by Jess29: 10:51am On Jun 24, 2020
Nawaooo for this our policeman self how this two people take resemble see their ear � no be the same thing. Make our police go for eye test ooo. I have to change my looks oo because mow everybody don dey look like each other make man pikin no go die for mistaking identity.�
Re: Livinus Elem: UNIBEN Student Arrested Over Facebook Post On Uwa by Greenpace214(f): 10:51am On Jun 24, 2020
chukwuibuipob:
What u get when u run ur mouth like tap/draw like Ogbonna soup.

You can't read?

Learn to read so you don't comment off point.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Livinus Elem: UNIBEN Student Arrested Over Facebook Post On Uwa by CodeTemplar: 10:52am On Jun 24, 2020
Thats what happens when many children decide to join what will make them look alike or children of same father and act alike.
Re: Livinus Elem: UNIBEN Student Arrested Over Facebook Post On Uwa by Nobody: 10:52am On Jun 24, 2020
Openbusiness:
May we never share resemblance or lookalike with a criminal wanted for murder or crime in Jesus name. This one na akoba adaba wey aboki dey pray make we no c ooo shocked
See prayer. Man has his own mind, if your look alike tries to rob a bank today nothing would stop him.
Re: Livinus Elem: UNIBEN Student Arrested Over Facebook Post On Uwa by etibaba(m): 10:53am On Jun 24, 2020
Charlex23:
Did you even read the post at all? It won't cost you anything to read and assimilate before commenting.
Shalom.
Re: Livinus Elem: UNIBEN Student Arrested Over Facebook Post On Uwa by Grisham04: 10:53am On Jun 24, 2020
God no go shame us.

Ekelebe and their wahala
Re: Livinus Elem: UNIBEN Student Arrested Over Facebook Post On Uwa by Nobody: 10:53am On Jun 24, 2020
Zealoy:
You dey mind that one. But sha na covid 19 time bro.
Re: Livinus Elem: UNIBEN Student Arrested Over Facebook Post On Uwa by qufirim: 10:53am On Jun 24, 2020
sad

1 Like

Re: Livinus Elem: UNIBEN Student Arrested Over Facebook Post On Uwa by Greenpace214(f): 10:54am On Jun 24, 2020
Zealoy:

grin

Re: Livinus Elem: UNIBEN Student Arrested Over Facebook Post On Uwa by sleek214(m): 10:54am On Jun 24, 2020
Something tells me he's the one that made the post

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ghanaian Police Officer Commits Suicide After She Was Dumped By Her Fiancé / The First Thieves That Burgled The Oba Market Stores In Benin In 1960s / Public Execution By Firing Squad In Lagos, July 1, 1995 (Throwback Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.