Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:20 AM

Plagiarism Saga: Does Anne Giwa-amu Have A Case Against Chimamanda Adichie? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Plagiarism Saga: Does Anne Giwa-amu Have A Case Against Chimamanda Adichie? (354 Views)

“I Don’t Want To Be Responsible For Traumatising Children” - Chimamanda Adichie / Chimamanda Adichie: I Was Sexually Harassed By Media Man Who Squeezed My Breast / Ivara Esege, Chimamanda Adichie's Husband, Pictured With Her Brother, Kene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Plagiarism Saga: Does Anne Giwa-amu Have A Case Against Chimamanda Adichie? by OlatConsult: 1:17pm On Jun 24, 2020
Anne Giwa-Amu is a 59-year-old, Nigerian-Welsh writer and civil servant in the United Kingdom. In March 2020, Giwa-Amu published a YouTube video accusing award-winning writer Chimamanda Adichie of copying her novel “Sade”, published in 1996 and rebranding it as the critically acclaimed 2006 novel, “Half of a Yellow Sun”.

The dispute began when Giwa-Amu saw a poster of the film adaptation of Half of A Yellow Sun in London. This aroused suspicions about the similarity between the film’s plot and her novel. For clarity, she purchased Adichie’s novel where suspicions were confirmed. Giwa-Amu went on to release a 54-page document highlighting over 300 similarities between Sade and Adichie’s Half of a Yellow Sun, side by side and page for page. This ranges from similarities as unfounded as... https://olatorera.com/plagiarism-saga-does-anne-giwa-amu-have-a-case-against-chimammanda-adichie/

(1) (Reply)

Once Upon An Evening. A Short Story. / Our Lives / Book Review By A Book Addict

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.