Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,090 members, 7,835,668 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? (17314 Views)

Poll: Shoud She?

Yes: 29% (49 votes)
No: 70% (115 votes)
This poll has ended

My Valentine Gift From My Wife / Why Should A Woman Accept Adultery From Her Husband And Vice Versa? / Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by ADEIBRAHIM(m): 5:41pm On Jan 31, 2011
There is nothing bad in it but, it very dangerous. Also care must be taken and the gift must disclose to her present one
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by Mcleo007(m): 6:12pm On Jan 31, 2011
kokoye:

I dont think I would send a gift to an ex . .just not worth the trouble in my opinion. But if an ex truly needs my help . .

my ex got stuck and penniless in an unknown city and country a few months ago. I'm sure it took a lot for her to call and ask me for help.

Of course I helped in my own little way to make sure she has just enough to get her out of her misery.

Should I or should I have not? I believe I did the right thing.

If I can help people I do not know, why not someone I know and once cared for?

or maybe I should have left her to suffer . .when we parted as friends

I think not

What u did was offer a help/assistant 2 her which is applaudable. What d poster refers to is gift. Help=offering assistant when asked or when one feels obliged. Gift is given when not requested for.
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by nsidear: 6:21pm On Jan 31, 2011
i don't think that is right, men are jealous natured, think of it your girlfriend receiving a gift from her ex boyfriend. this will definitely stir up grieve
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by ifyalways(f): 6:28pm On Jan 31, 2011
kokoye:

I dont think I would send a gift to an ex . .just not worth the trouble in my opinion. But if an ex truly needs my help . .

my ex got stuck and penniless in an unknown city and country a few months ago. I'm sure it took a lot for her to call and ask me for help.

Of course I helped in my own little way to make sure she has just enough to get her out of her misery.

Should I or should I have not? I believe I did the right thing.

If I can help people I do not know, why not someone I know and once cared for?

or maybe I should have left her to suffer . .when we parted as friends

I think not
Gifts and assistance are 2 different things.
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by nsidear: 6:44pm On Jan 31, 2011
thats true Ify, gift and assistance are 2 diff things. i would offer assistance cos right now i have assisted 2 of my ex, we still talk, the other is married and based on the transperancy involved, the husband is now my best friend, that even opened up a way in which i introduced him to business college and he is doing extremely fine now. we both know our boundries and respect and trust is our watch word. i was only responding to the fact of an ex just sending a gift to a married ex, that is uncalled for cos u could destroy her marriage, happiness and future,
thx
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by segunjowo(m): 6:46pm On Jan 31, 2011
Depends on the circumstances, wink
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by nsidear: 6:55pm On Jan 31, 2011
sad
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by tlops(m): 7:18pm On Jan 31, 2011
yes, but not a gift that can cause emotional fallout
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by manny4life(m): 7:49pm On Jan 31, 2011
Hell to F nah, where is the intergrity and respect for your husband ? The only time it's right is if you talk to your husband about it before accepting it, i.e. after you have turned it down the first time.
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by Amalaaba: 7:59pm On Jan 31, 2011
My  Ruling: CAPITAL NO TO EXCHANGE OF GIFT BETWEEN EXs.

ONCE YOU DON'T CONSIDER A WOMAN SUITABLE FOR THE TOTAL PACKAGE (ALIAS MARRIAGE) PLEASE LEAVE HER ALONE FOR THE MAN WHO HAS DECIDED TO OWN EVERYTHING, WARTS AND ALL. BY THE WAY, THE REVERSE IS ALSO THE CASE.

IF THERE IS OPPORTUNITY FOR ASSISTANCE EVEN THE EX MUST BE THE LAST TO BE CALLED WHEN NO OTHER OPTIONS ARE AVAILABLE AND IT INVOLVES LIFE.
BOTH MEN AND WOMEN, PLEASE DON'T TAKE ANY GIFT; ONCE YOU HAVE DONE IT BEFORE, YOU CAN ALWAYS FIND SPACE AND TIME TO DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN, If you know what i mean!

S[i]OME DAY WE SHALL DISCUSS THE DANGER IN EVEN DISCUSSING PAST RELATIONSHIP ONCE YOU ARE IN MARRIAGE.[/i]
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by dremoney(m): 8:01pm On Jan 31, 2011
hahahahahahah

Naijafren correct 100% cheesy.

of course NOT if she's also got no problem with her hubby doing same to his ex.
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by emmatok(m): 8:12pm On Jan 31, 2011
Amalaaba:

My  Ruling: CAPITAL NO TO EXCHANGE OF GIFT BETWEEN EXs.

ONCE YOU DON'T CONSIDER A WOMAN SUITABLE FOR THE TOTAL PACKAGE (ALIAS MARRIAGE) PLEASE LEAVE HER ALONE FOR THE MAN WHO HAS DECIDED TO OWN EVERYTHING, WARTS AND ALL. BY THE WAY, THE REVERSE IS ALSO THE CASE.

IF THERE IS OPPORTUNITY FOR ASSISTANCE EVEN THE EX MUST BE THE LAST TO BE CALLED WHEN NO OTHER OPTIONS ARE AVAILABLE AND IT INVOLVES LIFE.
BOTH MEN AND WOMEN, PLEASE DON'T TAKE ANY GIFT; ONCE YOU HAVE DONE IT BEFORE, YOU CAN ALWAYS FIND SPACE AND TIME TO DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN, If you know what i mean!

S[i]OME DAY WE SHALL DISCUSS THE DANGER IN EVEN DISCUSSING PAST RELATIONSHIP ONCE YOU ARE IN MARRIAGE.[/i]

CORRECT cool cool cool cool

What is the value of the EX useless gift compared to the woman current relationship.

ABEGI MAKE HE KEEP HIS GIFT FOR HIMSELF/GF. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:17pm On Jan 31, 2011
why would an ex channel his/her resources to his/her ex ?

doesnt s/he have his/her own wo/man to give presents
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jan 31, 2011
@nurabela:

Babe, this is quite controversial and a bit tempting and confusing. My advice, a frank interaction with an expert on this matter of marriage will help settle things properly.

So pls do talk to some marriage counsellor about it, not just friends or pastors.
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by kokoye(m): 8:53pm On Jan 31, 2011
Mcleo007:

What u did was offer a help/assistant 2 her which is applaudable. What d poster refers to is gift. Help=offering assistant when asked or when one feels obliged. Gift is given when not requested for.

ifyalways:

Gifts and assistance are 2 different things.

I get that guys. Please read the first line of my post. I just elaborated on my thoughts n ideas because I have heard some people say you should not even offer assistance to exes.

kokoye:

Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by A40(m): 9:07pm On Jan 31, 2011
If she is looking for a new husband yes why not
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by zibby(m): 9:08pm On Jan 31, 2011
No. Enough said!
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by Wahala90: 9:19pm On Jan 31, 2011

I wont object to my wife collecting a gift from her ex because I know her level of commitment to our relationship.

You don't get it, do you? She is committed to your relationship (no argument about that) but the other guy is smart. He knows that gifts soften the heart. He will finally use gifts to soften your wife's heart to be committed towards his own relationship with her. It is safer for her not to even have anything with her ex.

Your problem is that you didn't do these things as a guy. Gifts can be used to entice. We do it every time to our exes.
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by soserious(f): 9:42pm On Jan 31, 2011
No, receiving anything from an ex while in another relationship is NEVER a good look
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by marcus1234: 9:44pm On Jan 31, 2011
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by PHILEOLOVE(m): 12:16am On Feb 01, 2011
If both parted ways due to the issue of distance or otherwise and both still have an iota of chemistry,the fire will spark and it's gonna be messy this time around.

Best reject the gift with diplomacy and keep going your separate ways,avoid calling when u are down and out.
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by Virtueways(f): 12:26am On Feb 01, 2011
Please i know this is not related to the topic, i cldnt get to update all my account cos of some reasons, i have a little baby and that slowed me down a bit . i did some but still had some to go,does anyone think u.b.a and ibplc would listen to me tommorrow pls
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by 677ano(m): 12:48am On Feb 01, 2011
capital NO
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by Virtueways(f): 1:02am On Feb 01, 2011
why pls i thot updating was a continous exercise
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by Nobody: 1:47am On Feb 01, 2011
NO ! I said NO; Dont dare accept gifts from Ex. It brings back memories.

If na me, I go buy her what her hubby can not afford and nightly she will think, she made a mistake marrying the poor man lying naked by her side and snoring like a village barber. !! lol
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by lexibaba(m): 2:40am On Feb 01, 2011
some ladies are so naive that they will collect the gift saying there is nothing to it which could be true but 9 times out of 10 the guy is mapping a strategy to re-enter

its safer to politely decline all casual gifts, wedding gifts etc could be accepted but that should be done in the presence of the husband
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by andyprez(m): 4:26am On Feb 01, 2011
@ poster. There's no clarity about the intent of the gift so its difficult to judge such matters. I personally don't see a problem with it except if the motives behind it is wrong. I think the woman involved should show all gifts to the husband (especially from EXs) for approval in other to avoid misunderstanding or even conflict.
N. B: All gifts must not be accepted.
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by Navi(m): 4:42am On Feb 01, 2011
I think itz wrong cuz it could lead 2another thing.
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by bechex(m): 8:41am On Feb 01, 2011
In my opinion, it all depends on the particular circumstance. Is she celebrating an event or occasion and how cordial has the relationship been after their break up. There are a lot of things to be considered but in all, i dont see anything wrong with it.
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by Nelson6(m): 8:54am On Feb 01, 2011
she shouldn't dare it . . .why should her ex give her gifts if not to fulfill his ulterior motives
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by orgasm(m): 9:55am On Feb 01, 2011
Gift ke?!
If cat sleep n rat go bite e tail,wetin e go see?
If u no let sleeping dogs lie,wetin e go do?
If u de cruise at 140km/h n u de luk rat wen run enter bush,wetin go happen?
If e mean well y e no kuku marry u d first time?
Abegi,face ur marriage d other person get plans.
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by Meristem: 11:25am On Feb 01, 2011
this question is so d.umb i wonder why people waste time on it. How about a ''gift'' invitation to go ''shopping'' together in Dubai? Or a ''gift'' kiss? Rrrrrrruuubbbiissshhhh! Who dey ask this thing sef?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top Ten Reason For Divorce In 2012 / Only The Woman Knows Who The Father Of Her Child Is / What Did You Do To Receive The Worst Beating Your Parents Ever Gave You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.