Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,308 members, 7,836,337 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? (17316 Views)

Poll: Shoud She?

Yes: 29% (49 votes)
No: 70% (115 votes)
This poll has ended

My Valentine Gift From My Wife / Why Should A Woman Accept Adultery From Her Husband And Vice Versa? / Should A Married Woman Keep In Touch With Her Ex? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by myhope1(m): 11:47am On Feb 01, 2011
The time,nature and manner of presentation of the gift determines it all.
It could be right or wrong. An EX is not an enemy if the termination was done peacefully without acrimony or spirit of revenge.
I have accepted a lot from one of my EX cos it was giving without any under tone.
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by mamtomi: 12:06pm On Feb 01, 2011
there is nothing wrong if there is nothing attached to the gift. so far the gift is from a clean heart
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by Joyland(m): 12:44pm On Feb 01, 2011
No, it can lead to something else.
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by Dalby(m): 12:51pm On Feb 01, 2011
Na so e take dey start, later you go hear that it is the devils work lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Poor guy (the devil), both the one he did and the one he did not do, he takes the blame angry angry angry
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by Dalby(m): 1:00pm On Feb 01, 2011
Proverbs 18: 16 A man's gift maketh room for him, and bringeth him before great men. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by Dalby(m): 1:02pm On Feb 01, 2011
Dalby:

Proverbs 18: 16 A man's gift maketh room for him, and bringeth him before great men. undecided undecided undecided

2Face says enter the place grin grin grin
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by gossipmama(f): 1:26pm On Feb 01, 2011
bechex:

In my opinion, it all depends on the particular circumstance. Is she celebrating an event or occasion and how cordial has the relationship been after their break up. There are a lot of things to be considered but in all, i dont see anything wrong with it.

me too, m a married woman and dont see anything weong with it cos definitely i will tell my husband about it. my ex gave me a car during my wedding n my husband accepted it, that doesnt mean he is poor he also gave me a jeep afterwards,, n guess wat? i ride his jeep and gave out the car to my sister. both of them are friends and they met through me. my ex is married as wee and the wife is my friend as well.
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by AUTOKING: 5:08pm On Feb 01, 2011
It is wrong to do that.

The Bible says "the gift of a man maketh room for him".

The gift from an EX will soften the woman up,make room for him in her hearth and eventually in between her legs"
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by friendl: 5:09pm On Feb 01, 2011
why is the guy giving her gift?
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by Beync(f): 8:45pm On Feb 01, 2011
Except on my wedding day, after dat day, Capital No.
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by Busybody2(f): 8:52pm On Feb 01, 2011
The man should know better that it is wrong to offer, now the woman being the weaker sex should accept it tongue And then lets not hear more of this nonsense tongue
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by ceasyc(f): 9:14pm On Feb 01, 2011
@topic = HELL NO
if i am married = whether we parted well or not = which kind yeye gift b that 1 no mata how cheap or expensive? SMH

EX = dont even come to my wedding or close to me (phone/face to face, email, etc)

u r my past (ex) so pls stay there cos i'm married now (my present n future)!

& i expect my spouse to do d same
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by Wumine(f): 9:39pm On Feb 01, 2011
Yes. And y not? He's just an Ex, no strings attached! Ok really really with no strings attached! Afterall, married men give gifts to not just 'EXs' but 'Current GFs' everyday.
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by malaria(f): 10:03pm On Feb 01, 2011
Ex can be dangerous.if d husband buys d idea of a married woman collectin gifts,there is notin wrong.else mh.ọ nakwa
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by udonna777: 10:36am On Feb 02, 2011
For I didn't see any thing wrong in that, but it depends on individual understand in gift in question
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by spicy007(f): 11:40am On Feb 02, 2011
Yes of course, gifts are gists, regardless of the giver, provided they are given during occasions.
Ahem, i hope its not a car or a house we are talking about though. Thats a definite NO-NO!
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by Goodcare(m): 12:57pm On Feb 03, 2011
its needs the grace of GOD TO TALK TO THIS KIND-TIN OOOOOOOOOOO,
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by Nobody: 8:39am On Feb 04, 2011
NOT FROM HIM OR ANY OTHER MAN NOT RELATED TO HER BY BLOOD.
THAT HAS BEEN MY RULE AND SHE RESPECTS THIS AND STICKS TO IT TOO.

THE SAME RULE GOES FOR BREAKFAST, LUNCH OR DINNER. NO DINNER WITH ANY MAN (NO MATTER WHAT YOU CLAIM TO BE. WHETHER BOSS, COLLEAGUE, OLD FRIENDS, BUSINESS PROSPECT, MARKETING PROSPECT ETC.).

SO THERE IS NO EXCUSE.

I ONCE NOTICED ONCE THAT A COLLEAGUE OF HERS WANTED TO SIT WITH HER, WHILE I WAS ABOUT ENTERING THE SAME RESTAURANT.I NEVER KNEW SHE WAS THERE, BUT SPOTTED HER FROM OUTSIDE. SHE WAS HOWEVER BACKING THE ENTRANCE SO SHE DID NOT SEE ME COMMING. I DID NOT EXPECT HER TO BE THERE ALSO. I NOTICED THAT THE GUY SAT DOWN AND WITHIN A FEW SECONDS STOOD UP AND LEFT TO ANOTHER TABLE.
WHEN I ENTERED AND SUPRISED HER. I ASKED WHAT HAPPENED TO THE GUY.

SHE SAID ''OHH ITS A COLLEAGUE FROM THE OFFICE. I TOLD HIM THAT I AM HAVING LUNCH WITH MY HUSBAND SO HE SHOULD PLEASE SIT SOMEWHERE ELSE''. I KNOW WOMEN ARE NOT TO BE TRUSTED BUT I ADMIRED WHAT I HAD THAT DAY.
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by Nobody: 8:44am On Feb 04, 2011
Some of you say ''if the Gift is from a clean heart why not''.

HOW DO YOU KNOW A CLEAN HEART PLEAASSEE? HOW?
IS IT WHEN THE PERSON SMILES?
OR ACTS AS IF HE IS NOT INTERESTED IN YOU? NOTE, COUQUETTES ARE THE BEST OF SEDUCERS!
OR TELLS YOU ''PLEASE TAKE THE GIFT I AM NOT HITTING ON YOU''?

WELL MY WOMAN KNOWS BETTER NOT TO BRING SUCH GIFTS HOME. EXCEPT SHE KEEPS THEM SOMEWHERE ELSE.
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by NgeeIT(f): 10:21am On Feb 04, 2011
married woman can not , right? now what about married men?
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by agitator: 10:38am On Feb 04, 2011
Why are you an ex? The best gift a man can give to his girlfriend is marriage.
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by Chestan(m): 9:56pm On Feb 04, 2011
well, if on a neutral ground, yes. like i said, it depends
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Feb 04, 2011
Define what a neutral ground is please.
Define what an open heart is please.

Those who ask if it applies to nen pls note,This is not a matter of equality or inequality of the sexes.
If the woman shows she is not happy about it, why hurt her feelings?
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by alesssia: 12:33am On Feb 06, 2011
Nooo,Im married woman and Ill not accept it!Good or bed,past is past,so everyone has to follow his own way!Thats why is called"Ex",have to remain in d past!
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by Brians: 6:47am On Feb 28, 2011
She accepts the gift and could possibly get in trouble or refuses the gift and stays away from trouble.
I say be safe and stay away from trouble.

Hi my name is Brian and I was poor and needed money and I found a company that helped me.
I'm now bringing a new product to market.

212-990-7383 is the Pre-recorded call about the business, how it works, and pays you.

Go to my website, watch the four videos,
and if you like what you see then get on my waiting list.
http://yah.124online.com

Prosper and stay healthy.

If you have questions call me 941-806-8907
Thanks,
Brian
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by adamsrib(f): 2:39am On Mar 02, 2011
No no no no! My man does not play that! There is nothing an ex boyfriend can give me that is worth messing up my happy home.
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by Nobody: 4:19am On Mar 02, 2011
gossipmama:

me too, m a married woman and dont see anything weong with it cos definitely i will tell my husband about it. my ex gave me a car during my wedding n my husband accepted it, that doesnt mean he is poor[b] he also gave me a jeep afterwards[/b],,  n guess wat? i ride his jeep and gave out the car to my sister. both of them are friends and they met through me. my ex is married as wee and the wife is my friend as well.

This is deep -- and what was the occasion
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by Nobody: 10:17am On Mar 02, 2011
No.
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by Nplnsolo(m): 7:42pm On Mar 05, 2011
a married woman should not have a close relationship with her ex-boyfriend,  undecided If he hit it once he might be tempted to hit it again, her too!
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by Nplnsolo(m): 7:52pm On Mar 05, 2011
The poster might want to ask herself how she would feel if her husband were to start accepting gifts from an ex-girlfriend. If she answers the question HONESTLY she will probably decide that she wouldn't like that one bit. If she cares about her husband and is not simply selfish, greedy and disloyal, she would at least ask her husband what he thinks about the matter before accepting anything from anyone. She shouldn't be asking strangers, but her husband. When a woman accepts things from a man who is not her husband, it is like a gambler placing side bets. Women are notorious for being disloyal and if she accepts gifts from ex-suitors she will give her husband reason to doubt her. And all hell may follow until the end of her days.
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by Tayoruque(m): 2:15am On Nov 20, 2012
SHE SHOULD NOT!
AS FOR ME, I CANT ACCEPT ANY GIFT FROM MY EX...
Re: Should A Married Woman Accept A Gift From Her Ex Boyfriend? by sucom: 3:10pm On Feb 20, 2013
NO GIFT RECIEVE FROM EX IS FREE, IT WILL LEAD TO IMMORALITY,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top Ten Reason For Divorce In 2012 / Only The Woman Knows Who The Father Of Her Child Is / What Did You Do To Receive The Worst Beating Your Parents Ever Gave You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.