Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,527 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

649 New COVID-19 Cases, 275 Discharged And 9 Deaths On June 24 - (2047 Tested) - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 649 New COVID-19 Cases, 275 Discharged And 9 Deaths On June 24 - (2047 Tested) (40387 Views)

626 New COVID-19 Cases, 649 Discharged And 13 Deaths On July 2 - (3308 Tested) / 663 New COVID-19 Cases, 166 Discharged And 4 Deaths On June 9 - (2987 Tested) / 288 New COVID-19 Cases, 1240 Tested, 140 Discharged And 3 Deaths On May 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 649 New COVID-19 Cases, 275 Discharged And 9 Deaths On June 24 - (2047 Tested) by mekuso89(m): 1:29am On Jun 25, 2020
Confirmedzombie:
It is finished. I am sure all those bashing me will now realise why i have been calling for Total lockdown for two months.

Now our eyes are open and we can now see that we are in trouble.

I call on all Nigerians to embark on a total stay at home for two months. Let us stock our homes fully and remain indoors. Govt should shutdown the economy for two months.

It is with this measures that we will defeat this deadly virus

I call on all Nigerians to rise up to their voices and pressure the govt to lockdown all states for two months.

A trial will convince us.
Guy cool down las las na digit number be those once
Re: 649 New COVID-19 Cases, 275 Discharged And 9 Deaths On June 24 - (2047 Tested) by SirWarlock: 1:32am On Jun 25, 2020
BaddyB:
So because Oyo wants to open school ..they are now Bringing up numbers to make them not to..

We see Through this whole bullshit mehnn.
tell makinde to stop testing wink cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 649 New COVID-19 Cases, 275 Discharged And 9 Deaths On June 24 - (2047 Tested) by SirWarlock: 1:36am On Jun 25, 2020
hardbody:

Honestly when I took time today to look at passengers inside buses I just told myself that there could only be one truth...there is either no covid, or the one in Nigeria is different or Nigerians will still die in their numbers later. Buses were carrying full loads of passengers with very few people wearing face masks...

Makes me wonder , do we have a different form of covid-19 in Nigeria as different from the ones in Italy, Brazil and US?
Those are countries that actually have statistics and records.

4 Likes

Re: 649 New COVID-19 Cases, 275 Discharged And 9 Deaths On June 24 - (2047 Tested) by tigigi: 1:37am On Jun 25, 2020
[img][/img]

2 Likes

Re: 649 New COVID-19 Cases, 275 Discharged And 9 Deaths On June 24 - (2047 Tested) by TMKsouth: 1:41am On Jun 25, 2020
Investnow2017:
SirWarLock, TMKsouth,
What is driving SA figures, just in case you might have an idea? The infection figures and those of fatality are not looking good. You notice also that SA records it's highest daily tally today - 5,688/103 - just as Africa registers its highest figure in one day 11,000+
A bit of profiling the angle affecting the spike will be appreciated. Does the black community account for the surge? Even more concerning is the mortality rate compared to other African nations.
Will appreciate if you can share your findings please. Regards.

Simply SA is testing far more than everyone else on the continent - 1.4 million +. Thats why it has more cases.

The rate of death is due to the fact many had pre-existing medical issues such as diabetes, hiv or were elderly. But it's still not the highest in percentages in Africa - it's better than Egypt and Nigeria, for example.

The total recovery rate is quite good at over 50%.

Indeed, most of the cases are from the black community but this is mainly due to the fact that they are the majority demographic. Most of the infections occurred in clusters on farms around Cape Town (which is the country's epicentre with more than 50K cases), supermarkets and from essential workers.

2 Likes

Re: 649 New COVID-19 Cases, 275 Discharged And 9 Deaths On June 24 - (2047 Tested) by SirWarlock: 1:52am On Jun 25, 2020
Investnow2017:
SirWarLock, TMKsouth,
What is driving SA figures, just in case you might have an idea? The infection figures and those of fatality are not looking good. You notice also that SA records it's highest daily tally today - 5,688/103 - just as Africa registers its highest figure in one day 11,000+
A bit of profiling the angle affecting the spike will be appreciated. Does the black community account for the surge? Even more concerning is the mortality rate compared to other African nations.
Will appreciate if you can share your findings please. Regards.
I think TMKsouth should be the proper person to say for sure. I don't know how daily life in SA is but this pandemic has made rethink the popular saying 'it's a small world'. From what I can infer, if you can't effectively test and trace massively and effectively at the beginning, you're going to have problems at the end. If I recall India had this problem at the beginning. At to fact that peculiarities of people give room for the virus to spread eg markets, transport, busy towns and cities(worse for African countries). Also maybe down the line they could investigate to see when the virus actually arrived there, maybe asymptomatic spread was under way before any form of lockdown.

Like I've said before, as long as we don't know what the virus is doing when it's not jumping from person to person or how long it takes for someone to be contagious after contracting, we'll keep going in circles.

4 Likes

Re: 649 New COVID-19 Cases, 275 Discharged And 9 Deaths On June 24 - (2047 Tested) by digitalwebplus: 2:00am On Jun 25, 2020
OK o!
Re: 649 New COVID-19 Cases, 275 Discharged And 9 Deaths On June 24 - (2047 Tested) by Investnow2017: 2:06am On Jun 25, 2020
SirWarlock:
I think TMKsouth should be the proper person to say for sure. I don't know how daily life in SA is but this pandemic has made rethink the popular saying 'it's a small world'. From what I can infer, if you can't effectively test and trace massively and effectively at the beginning, you're going to have problems at the end. If I recall India had this problem at the beginning. At to fact that peculiarities of people give room for the virus to spread eg markets, transport, busy towns and cities(worse for African countries). Also maybe down the line they could investigate to see when the virus actually arrived there, maybe asymptomatic spread was under way before any form of lockdown.

Like I've said before, as long as we don't know what the virus is doing when it's not jumping from person to person or how long it takes for someone to be contagious after contracting, we'll keep going in circles.
Contributions appreciated. Thanks

1 Like

Re: 649 New COVID-19 Cases, 275 Discharged And 9 Deaths On June 24 - (2047 Tested) by Investnow2017: 2:30am On Jun 25, 2020
TMKsouth:

Simply SA is testing far more than everyone else on the continent - 1.4 million +. Thats why it has more cases.

The rate of death is due to the fact many had pre-existing medical issues such as diabetes, hiv or were elderly. But it's still not the highest in Africa - it's better than Egypt and Nigeria, for example.

The total recovery rate is quite good at over 50%.

Indeed, most of the cases are from the black community but this is mainly due to the fact that they are the majority demographic. Most of the infections occurred in clustered on farms, supermarkets and from essential workers.

Your contributions are appreciated.
Yes, accelerated testing births higher figures since there is already a community spread. More worrisome though is the death rate. Are these all coming from the isolation centres or some were posthumously captured? I ask because it is shocking that Ghana that has improved testing habits has such comparatively low fatality. As for patients with underlying medical challenges, I think almost every nation has a share of that.

I will for now find it difficult to rely on Nigeria's data as a basis for any meaningful analysis. I consider that the testing efforts here are grossly inadequate as to present a true and realistic picture of the pandemic. That is a story for another day, though cheesy
Thanks for your response. Cheers

2 Likes

Re: 649 New COVID-19 Cases, 275 Discharged And 9 Deaths On June 24 - (2047 Tested) by TMKsouth: 2:58am On Jun 25, 2020
Investnow2017:

Yes, accelerated testing births higher figures since there is already a community spread. More worrisome though is the death rate. Are these all coming from the isolation centres or some were posthumously captured? I ask because it is shocking that Ghana that has improved testing habits has such comparatively low fatality. As for patients with underlying medical challenges, I think almost every nation has a share of that.

I will for now find it difficult to rely on Nigeria's data as a basis for any meaningful analysis. I consider that the testing efforts here are grossly inadequate as to present a true and realistic picture of the pandemic. That is a story for another day, though cheesy

Remember SA has the largest HIV infection rate in the world, so comparing it to Ghana is not advisable. You should also consider that SA has a far superior healthcare system than most countries on the continent so the theory about a compromised immune system amongst the population is the most plausible reason for the high death rate.

2 Likes

Re: 649 New COVID-19 Cases, 275 Discharged And 9 Deaths On June 24 - (2047 Tested) by Chicastle: 3:09am On Jun 25, 2020
They should open Airports aneg.

Tired of live score
Re: 649 New COVID-19 Cases, 275 Discharged And 9 Deaths On June 24 - (2047 Tested) by Ambasado4lyf: 3:16am On Jun 25, 2020
May God have mercy
Re: 649 New COVID-19 Cases, 275 Discharged And 9 Deaths On June 24 - (2047 Tested) by Nobody: 3:19am On Jun 25, 2020
Lagos state is always the first because the #10b collected from Buhari has not balance with the numbers they are dishing out everyday.The north has stop releasing figures because they got nothing from the presidiot.
Pierced:
I feel the whole world is going to move on and leave Lagos behind.

cry cry cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 649 New COVID-19 Cases, 275 Discharged And 9 Deaths On June 24 - (2047 Tested) by Nobody: 3:28am On Jun 25, 2020
Confirmedzombie:
It is finished. I am sure all those bashing me will now realise why i have been calling for Total lockdown for two months.

I call on all Nigerians to embark on a total stay at home for two months. Let us stock our homes fully and remain indoors. Govt should shutdown the economy for two months.

I call on all Nigerians to rise up to their voices and pressure the govt to lockdown all states for two months.

As you don't have work to do,let others go about their businesses.Keep waiting for BMC stipend

3 Likes

Re: 649 New COVID-19 Cases, 275 Discharged And 9 Deaths On June 24 - (2047 Tested) by Appleyard(m): 3:29am On Jun 25, 2020
cjudy:
Damm Niggar

Delta State again?

If una like get 1000, lives continue.

Open the damn country

So those Kano, Kadunna, Kastina and Co, no more cases there? All of a sudden the North don't record much cases anymore even FCT.

NCDC thumbs up. Keep deceiving yourself.

The ediots are just manufacturing results from thin air. Anyone that goes to hospital with complain of malaria, they immediately tag that person as covid-19. The virus is out there but NCDC are not really extensive testing as they claim. They're just calling result anyhow based on malaria symptoms.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 649 New COVID-19 Cases, 275 Discharged And 9 Deaths On June 24 - (2047 Tested) by Appleyard(m): 3:35am On Jun 25, 2020
Investnow2017:

You just spoke my mind.
Re: 649 New COVID-19 Cases, 275 Discharged And 9 Deaths On June 24 - (2047 Tested) by Nobody: 3:36am On Jun 25, 2020
Holak:
Kano, only 1? The more you want to resist the temptation to join those that term this thing scam, the more NCDC tries to prove them right. So what magic did Kano do to reduce it to 1? If testing is reduced there, then what is the basis of sending these figures. The truth is that the number of infected persons is 100 times more than this in the country. What is the essence of data that is too far from reality. It can only deceive. Like in Kano, people will assume that the virus is gone and you wont blame them because that is what the figures say, but is that the reality? We are watching...
You people keep saying that the numbers of coronavirus infections are more than the figures ncdc is releasing but you cannot come out and tell us the coronavirus infected people you have seen around you.Tell us the one wey you see around you so that ncdc go count am join.
Re: 649 New COVID-19 Cases, 275 Discharged And 9 Deaths On June 24 - (2047 Tested) by Nobody: 3:43am On Jun 25, 2020
PoliteActivist:

This ncdc stuff is TOTALLY USELESS. North is reducing simply because they are not doing tests - same reason CR has zero. Reverse with Lagos - they do much more tests
NCDC should be disbanded for coronavirus scamdemic in Nigeria.
Re: 649 New COVID-19 Cases, 275 Discharged And 9 Deaths On June 24 - (2047 Tested) by seunlayi(m): 3:45am On Jun 25, 2020
Oyo State government should wake up
Re: 649 New COVID-19 Cases, 275 Discharged And 9 Deaths On June 24 - (2047 Tested) by Nobody: 3:57am On Jun 25, 2020
seunlayi:
Oyo State government should wake up
NCDC is a dubious agency.If a state is preparing to lift lockdown they will start adding numbers of coronavirus cases in that state so that the lockdown will be impose again.

1 Like

Re: 649 New COVID-19 Cases, 275 Discharged And 9 Deaths On June 24 - (2047 Tested) by ajimotoke(m): 4:00am On Jun 25, 2020
By the time this thing enter 200m and we still dey street, we go no who is fooling who grin grin
Re: 649 New COVID-19 Cases, 275 Discharged And 9 Deaths On June 24 - (2047 Tested) by paddyofboss(m): 4:24am On Jun 25, 2020
Confirmedzombie:

Virus that has infected over half the Nigerian populace. Have you observed the strange malaria cases recently. Most of the symptoms include loss of smell and taste

2 Likes

Re: 649 New COVID-19 Cases, 275 Discharged And 9 Deaths On June 24 - (2047 Tested) by mrkings84(m): 4:53am On Jun 25, 2020
And suddenly there was no case in Rivers.... Una doh!!
Re: 649 New COVID-19 Cases, 275 Discharged And 9 Deaths On June 24 - (2047 Tested) by Atikulated: 5:30am On Jun 25, 2020
You're a bad joke and it's not funny
Confirmedzombie:

I call on all Nigerians to rise up to their voices and pressure the govt to lockdown all states for two months .

1 Like

Re: 649 New COVID-19 Cases, 275 Discharged And 9 Deaths On June 24 - (2047 Tested) by dingbang(m): 5:37am On Jun 25, 2020
tutudesz:
The infection rate up North is reducing day by day, while that of southern Nigeria is increasing. Meanwhile most Banks are no longer enforcing wearing of facemask before entering undecided
blame the managers of the branches.
Re: 649 New COVID-19 Cases, 275 Discharged And 9 Deaths On June 24 - (2047 Tested) by reservd(m): 5:38am On Jun 25, 2020
These Kano figures not making sense at all
Re: 649 New COVID-19 Cases, 275 Discharged And 9 Deaths On June 24 - (2047 Tested) by ObiOkpor(m): 5:39am On Jun 25, 2020
Confirmedzombie:

You're talking nonsense....

1 Like

Re: 649 New COVID-19 Cases, 275 Discharged And 9 Deaths On June 24 - (2047 Tested) by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 5:43am On Jun 25, 2020
Nawa o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Have Been Noticing Strange Marks On My Body Recently Anytime I Wake Up / COVID-19: Ezekiel Olapade And Obafunke Denloye Of UCH Test Positive / 5 Reasons You Should Sleep Unclad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.