Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:45 AM

My Visit To The University Of Nigeria (pics, Video) - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Visit To The University Of Nigeria (pics, Video) (42397 Views)

NOUN Student Denied Access Into Exam Hall Over Indecent Dressing (pics/video) / My Visit To Kaduna State University After Massive Increase In Fees (photos) / See The Stadium Built By Covenant University (pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Visit To The University Of Nigeria (pics, Video) by KushLyon(m): 8:37pm On Jun 26, 2020
darfay:

I meant new students not returning ones pay higher school fees in Nigeria across all levels of education
Jss1 students pay higher
A new student in basic/primary school pays higher
A fresher pays more
OK I get you
Re: My Visit To The University Of Nigeria (pics, Video) by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jun 26, 2020
ikpuchinonye1994:

1. UNN has two campuses and what the op posted there is that of Enugu campus..the main c
ampus is in Nsukka. apart from Abu, oau and maybe Ui and I don't think any other university has more structures morethan UNN..
Absolutely! Many decaying, down-to-earth structures that shouldn't be inhabited by sound-minded humans.

ikpuchinonye1994:

2.ranking unilag above UNN shows that you never left your village before..
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/286731-three-nigerian-universities-ranked-among-worlds-best.html...it was covenant, Ui and UNN that made it to the world best..
Feel free to satisfy your curiosity from the THE's website if you will. Be my guest.

https://www.timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/2020/world-ranking#!/page/0/length/25/locations/NG/sort_by/rank/sort_order/asc/cols/stats

ikpuchinonye1994:

Nigerian universities with the most employable number graduates in Nigeria UNN came second after Covenant University..
https://www.thecable.ng/covenant-unn-ui-produce-the-most-employable-graduates
Come off that high horse, you don't belong there. You can fool yourself and massage your frail ego with a statistics allegedly pulled from about 5,000 respondents which is just too small, to start with. lol. Even a small school produces that number yearly so the stat is a mere guess-game at best. But good luck to you if it makes you feel good.

ikpuchinonye1994:

you need to step out of your village for once.. the world doesn't revolve around your village
lol. Bush man is calling Lagos village. If that eyesore of a school is your city and Lagos is a village, I hope you can pray never to leave the city for anywhere else.

4 Likes

Re: My Visit To The University Of Nigeria (pics, Video) by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jun 26, 2020
NNAMDIII:
don't understand u bro

What is NDA?
Re: My Visit To The University Of Nigeria (pics, Video) by ruffneck(m): 9:12pm On Jun 26, 2020
This OP must be a joker. Person wey no get storage space for em phone.what you showed up there is less than one-third of UNEC and you are saying you covered UNEC. C'mon bro...

1 Like

Re: My Visit To The University Of Nigeria (pics, Video) by janedonez(m): 9:21pm On Jun 26, 2020
XANDERBOY85:

I'm not gonna join some ignorant folks that abuse UNN and their Enugu campus for not having the kind of structures comparable to a university like say ABU Zaria! These two universities were taken over by the federal gov't since around the 70s to date, so you're free to reach your own conclusions as to why they both didn't experience similar investments in infrastructure!

UNN is managing well with the cards they've been dealt....though i reckon they could do more by way of landscaping! At the end of the day, a university is judged mainly on the human resources it nurtures, trains and sends out to the world, and in this regard UNN is among the top two in the country!
For saying the above, I weep for you are your generation. That school unn has got everything to be a world class, talk about strategic position in the south east region, the content of it's alumni, the quota given to it by donor agencies both government and none governmental, but the greedy set of administrators and their short sighted nature will not allow it blossom.

2 Likes

Re: My Visit To The University Of Nigeria (pics, Video) by Ndipe(m): 9:23pm On Jun 26, 2020
They need to modernize the buildings and keep the campus clean. Not befitting a university.

2 Likes

Re: My Visit To The University Of Nigeria (pics, Video) by earnit1: 9:30pm On Jun 26, 2020
oh
Re: My Visit To The University Of Nigeria (pics, Video) by collinsmcmorgan(m): 9:36pm On Jun 26, 2020
Rubbish post...
Re: My Visit To The University Of Nigeria (pics, Video) by SpecialPackage: 9:49pm On Jun 26, 2020
Austine1213:

Sub saharan african? Not by a lot shot

This is university of johannesburg

Who is this idiot?
Re: My Visit To The University Of Nigeria (pics, Video) by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 10:09pm On Jun 26, 2020
sylve11:

This is so unnecessary... embarassed cool
Yes I agree with you.
Re: My Visit To The University Of Nigeria (pics, Video) by Obamaofusa: 10:14pm On Jun 26, 2020
ennyj01:
why does still look like UNEC enugu campus? this is not their main campus
The main campus has been posted. Same same, they are.They should investigate the management.

1 Like

Re: My Visit To The University Of Nigeria (pics, Video) by ikpuchinonye1994: 10:19pm On Jun 26, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

Absolutely! Many decaying, down-to-earth structures that shouldn't be inhabited by sound-minded humans.

Feel free to satisfy your curiosity from the THE's website if you will. Be my guest.

https://www.timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/2020/world-ranking#!/page/0/length/25/locations/NG/sort_by/rank/sort_order/asc/cols/stats

Come off that high horse, you don't belong there. You can fool yourself and massage your frail ego with a statistics allegedly pulled from about 5,000 respondents which is just too small, to start with. lol. Even a small school produces that number yearly so the stat is a mere guess-game at best. But good luck to you if it makes you feel good.

lol. Bush man is calling Lagos village. If that eyesore of a school is your city and Lagos is a village, I hope you can pray never to leave the city for anywhere else.
I already showed the link where timeshigher education ranked three Nigerian universities which included UNN, covenant and UI..

If you know how statistics work, you will know that you take a sample and carryout your reIf ysearch..The organization that carried out is a reputable one and is what is obtainable..UNN graduates have more employable graduates than all the Government universities in the country the reason they have the best alumnis..

most government institutions in this country have places that are eye sore.. unless you want me to post pics of places from universities in the West like oau to see the eyesore they call hostel there..

lagos is an overrated slum that is over populated being ran agberos.. nothing special about it..once Nigeria divides, it won't be any difference from the typical Yoruba town

1 Like

Re: My Visit To The University Of Nigeria (pics, Video) by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 11:03pm On Jun 26, 2020
Poor School

1 Like

Re: My Visit To The University Of Nigeria (pics, Video) by Okiibe(m): 11:05pm On Jun 26, 2020
Come on Op,
Don't be economical with the truth. UNN does not match her counterparts across Nigeria.

Vegetations you saw: are they apple trees and other fruits? Aren't they made up of grasses and weeds?

On a serious note: didn't you see ABU, Bayero, Danfodiyo, Uni-Ibadan, Uni-Lag, Uni-Cal, etc? Aren't those ones also adorned with vegetations?

"Spade" is Spade. Call it so.

1 Like

Re: My Visit To The University Of Nigeria (pics, Video) by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jun 26, 2020
ikpuchinonye1994:

I already showed the link where timeshigher education ranked three Nigerian universities which included UNN, covenant and UI..

If you know how statistics work, you will know that you take a sample and carryout your reIf ysearch..The organization that carried out is a reputable one and is what is obtainable..UNN graduates have more employable graduates than all the Government universities in the country the reason they have the best alumnis..

most government institutions in this country have places that are eye sore.. unless you want me to post pics of places from universities in the West like oau to see the eyesore they call hostel there..

lagos is an overrated slum that is over populated being ran agberos.. nothing special about it..once Nigeria divides, it won't be any difference from the typical Yoruba town

OK. Good luck.

3 Likes

Re: My Visit To The University Of Nigeria (pics, Video) by doris4u(f): 11:20pm On Jun 26, 2020
Salewa95:
The School is just like a secondary school!
He who does not know and does not know dat he does not know is a ........

2 Likes

Re: My Visit To The University Of Nigeria (pics, Video) by CuteNbad(m): 12:03am On Jun 27, 2020
MISSCONGENIALITY:
LOL. This op is very funny. So those pictures there were the only pictures you got from UNN?
you must have been high of cow dung the day you went to UNN.
Anyways who cares what buildings they have or not, all we care about is what the school produces.
you school at Unec? What course and level?
Re: My Visit To The University Of Nigeria (pics, Video) by CuteNbad(m): 12:03am On Jun 27, 2020
ifeanyiatuadu:
You just snapping our dirty hostels
Y dont u go nd snap law and med faculty buildings
you school are Unec? What course and level?
Re: My Visit To The University Of Nigeria (pics, Video) by CuteNbad(m): 12:07am On Jun 27, 2020
Dominny:
UNN may not have the best structures and land scape but the pictures and videos posted by the OP are just selective views from one of UNN mini campuses (UNEC). OP, please when next you want to visit a campus, ask someone to show you where the campus is actually situated. This are not pictures from UNN ( DEN). Perhaps you did this to ridicule the great den.
the main campus is more worse....potopoto everywhere undecided

1 Like

Re: My Visit To The University Of Nigeria (pics, Video) by hiyarnuh(m): 12:23am On Jun 27, 2020
*Contact 07066391980 for more enquiries and error free registration on 2020 NPOWER Registration*
Re: My Visit To The University Of Nigeria (pics, Video) by XANDERBOY85: 2:34am On Jun 27, 2020
darfay:

Please stop with the BS. Unn is one of the most funded even ahead of UI,oau, unilag but it cannot even dare to compete with them

Horseshit!

You think you're clever abi? You bring out one isolated year out of the tens of years both Universities have existed as federally funded institutions.....a year when GEJ was president, so it doesn't come as a surprise UNN was up there amongst the other elite Universities in funding.....you bring just one year to prove what?

Even using this 'proof' you just provided, it shows ABU getting more than UNN (though the difference isn't that much)! Knowing what we know of 'one Nigeria' and how its political-economy has disproportionately favoured some regions/ethnicities over others, it stands to reason that the cummulative advantage over the years/decades that ABU had over UNN in funding would add up to a huge difference!

The aforementioned notwithstanding, the 'extra help under the table' (that's not on any records) that ABU would have received over the decades from the 70s to date (when the hegemonistic and anti-Igbo Fulani class were calling the shots) would have widened the infrastructural gap between them and UNN even further! We all saw how Buhari (thinking it wouldn't get out) told the then head of the World-Bank to focus their financial interventions mainly in the north! Now if we weren't fortunate and this didn't leak out, we would have been none the wiser and if we just looked at the federal allocations to the states/regions in analysing who is doing well and who isn't.....we wouldn't get the full picture would we?

This is 'one Nigeria' where records, data and statistics, at best, should be taken with a pinch of salt....and at worst, aren't worth the paper they're written on!
Re: My Visit To The University Of Nigeria (pics, Video) by Uckroot: 2:56am On Jun 27, 2020
squash47:
UNN is one of the best schools in Nigeria.

If You are looking for an institution with mordern structures, I don't think UNN or any of it's Campuses, is d best place for it.

The kind of structures there, were built in the 50's....when many of us were not even born...

The school helps us to know the kind of structures that trended in the early 50's and 60's......

it's not the structures that matters, it's the kind of training and education offered there that matters..

Weak. Those buildings represent everything there in, the backward lecturers, the age old obsolete systems of teaching.
Students only do well in UNN because it’s a place that rewards asslicking and hard hard suffering kind of hard work.

There are schools whose certificate is more valuable in the world and the students don’t have to “suffer” like UNN students do.

Dead brains sit there swallowing funds and people like you sit online making excuses for them.

For perspective no forward thinking person will ever go back there to “lecture”.
Primitive people are always the ones that have such aspirations and have the required “godfathers” in the senate or Vc’s office to usher them in.

The “glory” days of UNN are long gone with the the 80’s.

3 Likes

Re: My Visit To The University Of Nigeria (pics, Video) by XANDERBOY85: 3:02am On Jun 27, 2020
janedonez:

For saying the above, I weep for you are your generation. That school unn has got everything to be a world class, talk about strategic position in the south east region, the content of it's alumni, the quota given to it by donor agencies both government and none governmental, but the greedy set of administrators and their short sighted nature will not allow it blossom.

Leave 'my generation' out of it and try to make some sense! sad

Basically, what you're saying is that year after year, decade after decade, VC after VC.....that UNN has been mismanaging its federal allocations! While conversely, the likes of ABU, OAU, UI and UNILAG have been excellent and exemplary in managing theirs! Is this your argument? Since we're talking of billions of naira here, can you provide links to news stories of the many incidences of corruption by the UNN admin' over the past decades, and equally show stories/links to the subsequent trials and convictions for theft!
Re: My Visit To The University Of Nigeria (pics, Video) by janedonez(m): 6:04am On Jun 27, 2020
ikpuchinonye1994:

Pls, forget the overrated graduate employability trash sold to under graduates. What make unn unique is the ability of graduates to squeeze water out of stones and standout where ever they are found. But in Nigeria today, that doesn't count. How many special departments,committees and research institutions are their professors holding? Abu zaria seem to be the harvest point for professors to head any fed government organized activities
Re: My Visit To The University Of Nigeria (pics, Video) by odogwunaija(m): 7:26am On Jun 27, 2020
U-niversity of
N-o
N- onsense
Re: My Visit To The University Of Nigeria (pics, Video) by Nodogragra4me(m): 9:45am On Jun 27, 2020
hedonister:

I think you're going too far. Some Universities in Ghana are top notch.

How many government universities are in ghana. Show proof with pictures
Re: My Visit To The University Of Nigeria (pics, Video) by Nobody: 11:15am On Jun 27, 2020
Austine1213:

Sub saharan african? Not by a lot shot

This is university of johannesburg
Una don come again.
Re: My Visit To The University Of Nigeria (pics, Video) by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 12:17pm On Jun 27, 2020
CuteNbad:
you school at Unec? What course and level?
UNN, SOCIAL SCIENCES, combined social sciences.(PHILOSOPHY/PSYCHOLOGY)
2011-2015
Re: My Visit To The University Of Nigeria (pics, Video) by content208: 1:01pm On Jun 27, 2020
squash47:
UNN is one of the best schools in Nigeria.

If You are looking for an institution with mordern structures, I don't think UNN or any of it's Campuses, is d best place for it.

The kind of structures there, were built in the 50's....when many of us were not even born...

The school helps us to know the kind of structures that trended in the early 50's and 60's......

it's not the structures that matters, it's the kind of training and education offered there that matters..

Since you have been offering quality training there, how far has your good trainings taken you I'm University rankings?

Does UNN even have any meaningful ranking among Nigerian universities not to talk of Africa?

1 Like

Re: My Visit To The University Of Nigeria (pics, Video) by okolocassia1: 3:45pm On Jun 27, 2020
content208:

Since you have been offering quality training there, how far has your good trainings taken you I'm University rankings?

Does UNN even have any meaningful ranking among Nigerian universities not to talk of Africa?
. .. You be mumu o.. Have you ever checked rankings of universities.. See eh all these guys ranting are just envious of the school.. Nobody would bring oau's rubbish hostel where about 14 persons stay in a room.. Oau's hostel is an eye sore.. Anyone complaining of red sand is just myopic. Unn isn't that bad structurally.... You cannot call top 2 universities in Nigeria without calling UNN... That university has produced legends ...
Re: My Visit To The University Of Nigeria (pics, Video) by okolocassia1: 3:49pm On Jun 27, 2020
content208:

Re: My Visit To The University Of Nigeria (pics, Video) by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jun 27, 2020
SpecialPackage:

Who is this idiot?

Really now?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Students’ Loan: FG To Introduce Tuition Fees In Universities / Nnamdi Ezeigbo Bags Doctorate Degree At ABSU Convocation, Face Of Slot Hails Him / Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.