Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:43 AM

Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out (42407 Views)

Tinubu Directs Education Officials To Conduct Census Of All Schools, Teachers / Private Schools Teachers To Protest On Monday Over Nonpayment, School Closure / Private Schools Teachers, How Are You Coping During This Lock Down? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by obonujoker(m): 6:40pm On Jun 11, 2020
TEACHERS of private schools have appealed to the government to assist them with palliatives, saying the prolonged closure of schools as part of measures to curtail the spread of COVID-19 is subjecting them to starvation.

In a statement signed by their spokesman, Abdul-Ganiyy Raji, and made available to the Tribune Education in Kaduna, the private school teachers said it would be callous of the government to wait for owners and teachers of private schools to start dying of starvation before it comes to their aid.

“We cannot afford to keep ignoring the welfare of private schools teachers. Private school teachers are now hungry.

“We must remember that private schools survive primarily on earnings from their customers (parents) and we all know that schools have not collected third term fees from their customers.

“All the sources of income of private schools have been blocked by the current lockdown. Government should please do something about private schools,” Raji said.

The group noted that for more than two months now, schools have been closed in compliance with the lockdown order imposed by the Federal Government to contain the spread of the novel coronavirus.

It said: “The government is commended for this bold step; we have to stay at home to be safe and to be alive. Different countries of the world have also taken diverse steps to forestall the further spread of the highly infectious virus.

“However, while this lockdown lasts, is anybody talking about how school owners are coping with the salaries of their workforce at this difficult time? Is anybody discussing how school owners themselves are surviving and helping their family members during this lockdown?

“In Lagos for instance, schools were shut down as far back as March. We are in June. Are we aware that some school owners have not paid March and April salaries?”

https://tribuneonlineng.com/lockdown-we-are-hungry-private-schools-teachers-cry-out/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR0EBe76HcaYRGZO1nI57gxHQBLKZvpf6tcYi_FN-uEGMm5VDLk_JA8l3fg#Echobox=1591854794

Please save the teachers

35 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by SeverusSnape(m): 6:47pm On Jun 11, 2020
I really feel for private school teachers. I thought of them some days ago, They are one of the most affected set of workers this period.

462 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by Qsand: 6:51pm On Jun 11, 2020
We're really sorry about the situation, but we will not put our children's lives at risk.

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by mustausman(m): 6:52pm On Jun 11, 2020
SeverusSnape:
I really feel for private school teachers. I thought of them some days ago, They are one of the most affected set of workers this period.

Bros, it hasn't been easy on our part at all. Please help a brother with anything within your reach. Thanks and God bless. GTB,0464929698,IBRAHIM BELLO...

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by AngelicDamsel(f): 7:02pm On Jun 11, 2020
I understand.

I know some teachers making more than their salary this period, from private and home lessons. Pray for grace!

dreofGod:
My sister, your last line said it all. As a private school teacher,I am a testimony of the grace of GOD. But for the benefit of the majority, I would have wished that this period continues because I am enjoying it. I only pray that we return to normalcy soon.

Viktorkrum321:

that's very few. majority are suffering ☹️

real691:

If you're a Math or English teacher and you are bankrupt in this period, I recommend you read 'think and grow Rich' by Napoleon Hill.

Your subject is always needed. I teach Math and in this period my monthly income increased by about 300%.

Private lessons are real.

Even when school resumes, I doubt if I will ever do salary-job again. I have seen the way, the truth and the light.

Lesson can pay more than your salary!

Thank you Jesus, with YOU it can only be upwards and onwards. Shalom.

90 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by PureGoldh(m): 7:13pm On Jun 11, 2020
Oluwa will come thru for all of us cos dx pandemic just dey spoil show for us

5 Likes

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by Sacchi1162(m): 7:13pm On Jun 11, 2020
Does it even look like this government care?? I don't know why they will open churches and mosques and not schools. Please can someone explain it to me?

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by Okortor: 7:13pm On Jun 11, 2020
I really feel for them this period unlike govt teachers that still get paid.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by vixpal: 7:14pm On Jun 11, 2020
Safety of children life is at stake here. No reasonable parent will want to risk the life of their children.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jun 11, 2020
Its understandable, I really feel for them. But they can also do home lessons for kids. The ones here do home lessons and collect their money.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by Jack500: 7:14pm On Jun 11, 2020
Nobody bargain for this; in year 2020, so this is the so called vison 2020 of yaradua in 2007.

Nonsense

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by Kendumazy(m): 7:14pm On Jun 11, 2020
Really feel for them

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jun 11, 2020
Sincerely I pity these private school teachers.

They are the worst hit and private school owners from what I heard are too exploitative.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by mrkings84(m): 7:14pm On Jun 11, 2020
We are all hungry. I mean all of us!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by ferdvict2(m): 7:15pm On Jun 11, 2020
God will see them through. Private school owners help them out with little even if it is good stuff.
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by toyinjimoh(m): 7:15pm On Jun 11, 2020
I hate teaching in private school I don't know why, they will use you and dump you with poor salary

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by kingola87(m): 7:15pm On Jun 11, 2020
May God help them o embarassed
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by Ndipe(m): 7:16pm On Jun 11, 2020
Remember social distancing.

Joycekkh:
Its understandable, I really feel for them. But they can also do home lessons for kids. The ones here do home lessons and collect their money.

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by technoguy: 7:16pm On Jun 11, 2020
mustausman:

Bros, it hasn't been easy on our part at all. Please help a brother with anything within your reach. Thanks and God bless. GTB,0464929698,IBRAHIM BELLO...
Which school do you teach

8 Likes

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by emmabest2000(m): 7:16pm On Jun 11, 2020
Dem need to take heart and be more patient because dead body no dey go school

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by candyguyofficia(m): 7:16pm On Jun 11, 2020
It has not been easy for them, I must say
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by vixpal: 7:16pm On Jun 11, 2020
Joycekkh:
Nobody will allow outsider inside his house during this period

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by Teeklef(m): 7:16pm On Jun 11, 2020
It hasn't been easy.... May God help us.
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by RhemaDavids(f): 7:16pm On Jun 11, 2020
I am a private school proprietor/ teacher, it has not been easy at all.The government should please come our rescue

6 Likes

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by nautybride: 7:16pm On Jun 11, 2020
If government could help through NAPPS, APPAS etc. It would be better, foodstuffs will go a long way. These associations have leaders that would make these palliatives get to the grassroot. It is well.

4 Likes

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by Fuckingmallam45(m): 7:17pm On Jun 11, 2020
FG should do the needful, these people have family too. Injustice for one is Injustice for all.

4 Likes

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jun 11, 2020
AngelicDamsel:
I understand.

I know some teachers making more than their salary this period, from private and home lessons. Pray for grace!
Like a philosopher would ask is success all about money?

9 Likes

Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by funmike83(f): 7:17pm On Jun 11, 2020
Eya
Re: Lockdown: We Are Hungry - Private Schools Teachers Cry Out by candyguyofficia(m): 7:17pm On Jun 11, 2020
vixpal:

Nobody will allow outsider inside his house during this period
I don't know about your side. However parent have adopted private class for their kids

7 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

11 Popular English Words We Use Incorrectly / Students Who Don’t Wish To Suffer After Graduation Should Do These / Redeployment Letter From Corper With "Spiritual Attack" - 'Aljanu'(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.