Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,290 members, 7,815,498 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown (135480 Views)

The Fish I Caught In My Compound / As There Is No Meat In The Market, We Saw An Alternative / How I Prepared This Bush Meat That Ran Into My Compound (With pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by AureliusWolf: 3:13pm On Jun 26, 2020
Those are rodents bro, chaii...you prepared rodent soup Una can chop anything oo
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by ibkayee(f): 3:14pm On Jun 26, 2020
I should’ve known better before entering this thread *pukes*
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by ATAKAM: 3:15pm On Jun 26, 2020
biggy26:

Use fire na, bros. Smoke it out!
u know wetin dey....that fire own dey show say u sabi am...where u put fire no be where e dey pass burst out...
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by mistercharles: 3:17pm On Jun 26, 2020
LOL... seriously you ate these? cheesy
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by airminem(f): 3:17pm On Jun 26, 2020
Mehn anybody wey no like these na rat that person go come next life. Lala its an honor to eat with you a special meal
slyfox35:
Final outcome
Lala food is ready
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by kuuljay(m): 3:17pm On Jun 26, 2020
Even the tivs that relish eating rats forbid eating house rats
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by imanray37(m): 3:17pm On Jun 26, 2020
If I were the landlord I will increase the rent how wud you eat the giant rats without paying a dime to me did you help me build the house plus the lungu you caught them damn I will sue you.on a humanitarian ground you just killed your House mates,now who will help you when in difficulties, I remember when I was posted for Nysc I was given a good for nothing room as a temporary stay because I don't like sharing or squatting with others though temporal, I managed and endured I discovered I have giant rats as room mates, I tolerated them due to fear of their sizes and aggression plus boldness, one day one came to me during the heat of the day, having siesta sat down confidentiality and say "uncle! how are you? abeg I I fit get matches? He removed a pall mall cigarette while I handed over the matches, he lit up puffed, coughed some more and went into his hole without giving me back the match box, later I hard all of them laughing and yabbing me in yoruba,next morning I packed my things and fled the room

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jun 26, 2020
We are still trying to handle covid....this is less fever.
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by Queenyprinxex(f): 3:18pm On Jun 26, 2020
Rats?
Disgusting.
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by kiddkash(m): 3:18pm On Jun 26, 2020
slyfox35:
Final outcome
Lala food is ready
send me my share asap.

I rap of utala and ofe egusi

1 Like

Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by Studyinchina200(m): 3:20pm On Jun 26, 2020
disgusting
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by UDUJ(m): 3:20pm On Jun 26, 2020
javaguru:
so u go around killing rats

Not only killing rats but also eating them cheesy
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by kiddkash(m): 3:20pm On Jun 26, 2020
Goldenboy10:
This is how china discovered covid 19. Eating rubbish.
Hanta virus loading
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by iykejackchree: 3:21pm On Jun 26, 2020
doggedfighter:
Seems people are now competing on who will eat the weirdest animals.

Leaving me wondering if we're in a war situation where people eat almost anything to survive.
Op, is openly celebrating and eating rats with heaps of Santana while joyfully and gleefully uploading pictures. tongue

And even giving the rats names to reassure his stomach.

Hopefully this pandemic will soon be over so sanity and normalcy will return.

For no one can predict the kind of things some will eat if it lingers. cheesy

oga that one no be rat oh, na rabbit, the one way way them dey kill for bush oh.

1 Like

Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by suratwo62: 3:22pm On Jun 26, 2020
doggedfighter:
Seems people are now competing on who will eat the weirdest animals.

Leaving me wondering if we're in a war situation where people eat almost anything to survive.
Op, is openly celebrating and eating rats with heaps of Santana while joyfully and gleefully uploading pictures. tongue

And even giving the rats names to reassure his stomach.

Hopefully this pandemic will soon be over so sanity and normalcy will return.

For no one can predict the kind of things some will eat if it lingers. cheesy

Actually Nigerians from the South have been eating this even before so many Nairalanders were born. It is called Okete also in Yoruba land, In the Middle Belt TIV land Benue state it is called Inyongu

1 Like

Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by Kingnelson9: 3:23pm On Jun 26, 2020
Injustice to animals...You violated their privacy and also murdered them.the law shall fall on you
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by denko(m): 3:24pm On Jun 26, 2020
Is that Rat or Rabbit
SpicyMimi:
Ewwwww!!! I find rats extremely disgusting!!! I'd take my bath with one full dettol liquid if one ran over my tiny toes.

By the way, we have clearance sales for men's wears -50% discount off! Check my profile for pics and prices.

Samsung Galaxy fit E! For 15k only!

Contact me, using my number below to get yours fast!

Just 10 left!!!
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by airminem(f): 3:24pm On Jun 26, 2020
My guy, leave all these pretenders joor. They simple CAN NOT know the difference. Correct manna grillmeat
iykejackchree:

oga that one no be rat oh, na rabbit, the one way way them dey kill for bush oh.
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by lanocfoods: 3:24pm On Jun 26, 2020
You will use the same mouth to kiss woman shocked shocked shocked
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by Pweetyccee(f): 3:25pm On Jun 26, 2020
Una sabi eat rubbish 4 dis group
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by mariovito(m): 3:25pm On Jun 26, 2020
IfeMiLove:
Okete
Ya mari ka ezhigbo ihen

1 Like

Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by imanray37(m): 3:26pm On Jun 26, 2020
[quote author=ibkayee post=91097461]I should’ve known better before entering this thread *pukes*[/quoteIf I were the landlord I will increase the rent how wud he eat the giant rats without paying a dime to me did he help me build the house plus the lungu he caught them damn I will sue him.on a humanitarian ground he just killed his House mates,now who will help him when in difficulties, I remember when I was posted for Nysc I was given a good for nothing room as a temporary stay because I don't like sharing or squatting with others though temporal, I managed and endured I discovered I have giant rats as room mates, I tolerated them due to fear of their sizes and aggression plus boldness, one day one came to me during the heat of the day, having siesta sat down confidentiality and say "uncle! how are you? abeg I I fit get matches? He removed a pall mall cigarette while I handed over the matches, he lit up puffed, coughed some more and went into his hole without giving me back the match box, later I hard all of them laughing and yabbing me in yoruba,next morning I packed my things and fled the room
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jun 26, 2020
Ofiontor is not rat.. that thing dey sweet when roasted dry with enough peppers and spices grin
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jun 26, 2020
TRUEBLOOD59:

Lala no like rats, em no go push am go fp, but if na snake??...

That lala I just don't understand his love for snake.
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by Jabioro: 3:27pm On Jun 26, 2020
OP is very wicked,how dare you finish that meat without contacted me..I am annoyed .. someone should tell me he has not finish it...
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by Ifiegboria(m): 3:27pm On Jun 26, 2020
slyfox35:
This lockdown has been hard on almost everyone, any money you use for foodstuff, your pocket go feel am.

Apparently, this family of five have been staying at one corner in my compound without paying rent.

Some guys came today to fix the mosquito nets on the windows when they spotted the den of these animals.

Na so we descend on their den with water,we eventually caught four,one remaining inside, their Papa I guess,that guy stubborn gan,upon all the water,e nor come out,no wahala, he should be there, I have collected my rent in kind.

They call it African Giant Rat, We call it Rabbit
Ofiontor.
Are you from Edo state, Esan to be precise?
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by RealEzee(m): 3:27pm On Jun 26, 2020
Wia animal rights people oooo, una no go see dis one sue am ni??
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by Angelfrost(m): 3:27pm On Jun 26, 2020
slyfox35:

Na you call am rat,wait till you see the wonders they do in the pot.. yummy

He is right... They are nothing but big rats!!!
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jun 26, 2020
slyfox35:
This lockdown has been hard on almost everyone, any money you use for foodstuff, your pocket go feel am.

Apparently, this family of five have been staying at one corner in my compound without paying rent.

Some guys came today to fix the mosquito nets on the windows when they spotted the den of these animals.

Na so we descend on their den with water,we eventually caught four,one remaining inside, their Papa I guess,that guy stubborn gan,upon all the water,e nor come out,no wahala, he should be there, I have collected my rent in kind.

They call it African Giant Rat, We call it Rabbit
Ofiontor.

Hmmmmmm! West Africa bush rat aka rabbit. Used to hunt them during my school days in Ekpoma. If I am bored at home or out of cash, I join hands with my guys and we go hunting rabbits.

One was 500-600bulks. Sometimes, we hunt between 5-10.

Good money to keep body and soul together. I just enjoyed hunting and smoking them out. I really don't know how to eat bush meat. But the joy of hunting was heavenly.

Especially with those bushes all over my area of residence.

I dey miss Ekpoma and their simple village life sha. I learnt a lot about their tradition and language, especially their local food.

Black soup and pounded yam with cow leg was a bomb. grin. Especially if enjoyed with cold water.

It was a sleeping pill that never failed. I miss Wadada too. Esan oyei ! Oyei.

Very accommodating set of human being. grin
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by Angelfrost(m): 3:29pm On Jun 26, 2020
mansakhalifa:

Do those things look like rabbits?

Naija lingo... grin grin grin
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by MrNipplesLover(m): 3:29pm On Jun 26, 2020
this guy wicked sha.

sharp sharp, meet Don enter engusi soup. sharp sharp, fufu Don ready to be devoured.

fear this kind, that was too fast, though.

I hail thee, bro.
Re: Never Knew There Was Meat In My Compound During This Lockdown by authority2006(m): 3:30pm On Jun 26, 2020
obiekunie2:
Everything na eat!

Even pit toilet rat! una dey eat!!!

una no dey tire?

This one even take am do egusi soup!!

Chai! APC why have thou turned this nation to a hungry nation!??

You should have called out those who sold barrels of oil for over 100 dollars per barrel now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fisherman Kills Sea Lion With Spear In Adada, Rivers State (Pictures) / How To Make Soya Bean Meal For Your Baby (with Pictures) / Nigerian Foods And Their Calorie Contents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.