Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,550 members, 7,823,425 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

One Of The World's Strongest BodyArmour Tried With A 50cal Bullet From 20m(Pic) - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / One Of The World's Strongest BodyArmour Tried With A 50cal Bullet From 20m(Pic) (3183 Views)

Meet The World's Strongest Woman "Nataliya Kuznetsova" / Ukanafun Violence: Bedridden Accountant Cries For Help To Extract Bullet From Sp / World Strongest Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Of The World's Strongest BodyArmour Tried With A 50cal Bullet From 20m(Pic) by decatalyst(m): 7:43pm On Jun 25, 2020
oluwaseyi0:

It seems the armour is designed to protect itself rather than the wearer

Bullet proof test: passed
Human: passed away

3 Likes

Re: One Of The World's Strongest BodyArmour Tried With A 50cal Bullet From 20m(Pic) by Ishilove: 7:43pm On Jun 25, 2020
armadeo:

That bullet proof wont save anybody if shot with that gun.

The force alone will rupture organs and shatter blows even if the bullet doesnt penetrate.
This is so graphic embarassed
Re: One Of The World's Strongest BodyArmour Tried With A 50cal Bullet From 20m(Pic) by illicit(m): 7:44pm On Jun 25, 2020
this one na die
Re: One Of The World's Strongest BodyArmour Tried With A 50cal Bullet From 20m(Pic) by decatalyst(m): 7:46pm On Jun 25, 2020
ReorxTohGan:
nice one..but do snipers aim for the body tho??.
thought snipers are all bout headshots grin

Some are wicked.

They just want the caliber they are firing to pass through your body grin...bleeding out while looking at death seems to be the goal of a merciless sniper grin

An angry sniper either aim for your head or first cripple you before blowing the head off!

2 Likes

Re: One Of The World's Strongest BodyArmour Tried With A 50cal Bullet From 20m(Pic) by Explorers(m): 7:47pm On Jun 25, 2020
Babadee1900:
Damn shocked.

Isn’t the whole stunt a waste of time? Considering the fact that the person who is shot will still die from the impact.

Giving it a second thought, snipers don’t shoot from a close range, maybe if the distance between the target and the sniper is far then there’s a possibility of survival.

There might be chance of survival if fired from around 500metre - 1km away.

If they can get a volunteer to wear the vest and take the bullet from 1km away.
Re: One Of The World's Strongest BodyArmour Tried With A 50cal Bullet From 20m(Pic) by Explorers(m): 7:48pm On Jun 25, 2020
Ishilove:

So this means the vest failed and must be improved.

That 50calibre is not just like regular bullets, is more powerful.
Re: One Of The World's Strongest BodyArmour Tried With A 50cal Bullet From 20m(Pic) by Babadee1900(m): 7:57pm On Jun 25, 2020
Explorers:

A volunteer? grin
Rough play.

1 Like

Re: One Of The World's Strongest BodyArmour Tried With A 50cal Bullet From 20m(Pic) by ReorxTohGan(m): 8:07pm On Jun 25, 2020
decatalyst:

Some are wicked.

They just want the caliber they are firing to pass through your body grin...bleeding out while looking at death seems to be the goal of a merciless sniper grin

An angry sniper either aim for your head or first cripple you before blowing the head off!
LMAO...guyyyyy
Re: One Of The World's Strongest BodyArmour Tried With A 50cal Bullet From 20m(Pic) by Explorers(m): 8:15pm On Jun 25, 2020
Babadee1900:
A volunteer? grin
Rough play.

grin
Re: One Of The World's Strongest BodyArmour Tried With A 50cal Bullet From 20m(Pic) by armadeo(m): 8:59pm On Jun 25, 2020
Ishilove:

This is so graphic embarassed

Well see what happened to the wood and block. I imagine bones and organs in its place and presto.... grin angry angry
Re: One Of The World's Strongest BodyArmour Tried With A 50cal Bullet From 20m(Pic) by armadeo(m): 9:00pm On Jun 25, 2020
decatalyst:

Some are wicked.

Anger sniper or merciless, they both deal in death.

Lol. I'll be an angry sniper though. Headshots all the way. .

Pubg tins
Re: One Of The World's Strongest BodyArmour Tried With A 50cal Bullet From 20m(Pic) by Nickymezor(f): 11:44pm On Jun 25, 2020
Hmmm, interesting.
Re: One Of The World's Strongest BodyArmour Tried With A 50cal Bullet From 20m(Pic) by slam7000(m): 1:10am On Jun 26, 2020
Explorers:

That sounds silly. The test was inconclusive. He could’ve tried the test from various distances and he could also use a well made mannequin torso...the type used in radiology.

I think that vest would be a life saver with low caliber ammo and when attacked with shot guns and even some assault rifiles like AK47.
Those vest are also meant to prevent a mess when someone is exposed to serious assaults. It prevents the body parts from shattering. Saves the combat medics and paramedics the inconveniences of picking and piecing body parts together.
Re: One Of The World's Strongest BodyArmour Tried With A 50cal Bullet From 20m(Pic) by Deejay777(m): 2:47am On Jun 26, 2020
the bulletproof vest tried sha, for it to stay intact after been fired on by a 50BMG(12.7mm) caliber at a close range. It will perform well on the frontline because not even every military sniper unit have access to an anti-material sniper rifle. But it's going to be very bulky and can restrain movement and very expensive.
Re: One Of The World's Strongest BodyArmour Tried With A 50cal Bullet From 20m(Pic) by Deejay777(m): 2:48am On Jun 26, 2020
the bulletproof vest tried sha, for it to stay intact after been fired on by a 50BMG(12.7mm) caliber at a close range. It will perform well on the frontline because not even every military sniper unit have access to an anti-material sniper rifle. But it's going to be very bulky and can restrain mobility and very expensive.

1 Like

Re: One Of The World's Strongest BodyArmour Tried With A 50cal Bullet From 20m(Pic) by henryobinna(m): 6:30am On Jun 26, 2020
slam7000:

That sounds silly. The test was inconclusive. He could’ve tried the test from various distances and he could also use a well made mannequin torso...the type used in radiology.

I think that vest would be a life saver with low caliber ammo and when attacked with shot guns and even some assault rifiles like AK47.
Those vest are also meant to prevent a mess when someone is exposed to serious assaults. It prevents the body parts from shattering. Saves the combat medics and paramedics the inconveniences of picking and piecing body parts together.
A bulletproof vest that is rated for 50bmg is the highest and will stop all AK rounds.

Any bulletproof material that stops a 50 at that range will stop any bullet.

Besides am an avid follower and subscriber of Edwin and his friend, alongside other more interesting gun channels.

What they're doing most times isn't real life testing, they're testing for fun. Because nobody shoots a 50 bmg at target just 20 meters away, makes no sense.

At such close range, despite not penetrating it'll be a miracle if the person survives the shot.

Moreover he should have used a ballistics jelly mannequin as others do, most of those have similar strength as the human skin, the jelly will be shredded despite no penetration.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Of The World's Strongest BodyArmour Tried With A 50cal Bullet From 20m(Pic) by slam7000(m): 6:39am On Jun 26, 2020
henryobinna:
A bulletproof vest that is rated for 50bmg is the highest and will stop all AK rounds.

Besides am an avid follower and subscriber of Edwin and his friend, alongside other more interesting gun channels.

What they're doing most times isn't real life testing, they're testing for fun. Because nobody shoots a 50 bmg at target just 20 meters away, makes no sense.

At such close range, despite not penetrating it'll be a miracle if the person survives the shot.

Moreover he should have used a ballistics jelly mannequin as others do, most of those have similar strength as the human skin, the jelly will be shredded despite no penetration.

I concur, that’s why I said that the test was inconclusive and also the vest would be a life saver.
Such rounds are huge, powerful and can travel up to 2km. You’d see them being fired from machine guns mounted on vehicles. Boko boys use it to harass Naija army from a great distance.
Re: One Of The World's Strongest BodyArmour Tried With A 50cal Bullet From 20m(Pic) by henryobinna(m): 9:04am On Jun 26, 2020
slam7000:

I concur, that’s why I said that the test was inconclusive and also the vest would be a life saver.
Such rounds are huge, powerful and can travel up to 2km. You’d see them being fired from machine guns mounted on vehicles. Boko boys use it to harass Naija army from a great distance.
he say they harass Nigerian Army grin grin

Chai... we don suffer for this country sha

1 Like

Re: One Of The World's Strongest BodyArmour Tried With A 50cal Bullet From 20m(Pic) by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 26, 2020
light099:

First, what's essence of stopping the bullet, if it's gonna damage the ribs and implode the internal organs? Looks like a slower and more painful way to die.
Why not just die the death, and leave the rest for the living?

By the way, I thought the momentum of the bullet should've thrown the block or at least shifted it.

I still remember 'Django', how his shortgun threw the woman outside the room.

Second, why wear a bulletproof vest on your chest, when your forehead is still very much available for the bullet to access.
Snipers don't shoot from a close range
It's too risky
So the wearer may still survive a shot from a far range
And remember it's 50 caliber bullet
And for the head
Snipers don't target the head,they may lose your target
Re: One Of The World's Strongest BodyArmour Tried With A 50cal Bullet From 20m(Pic) by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jun 26, 2020
henryobinna:

A gun lover
Welcome bruv
How could i get you
Re: One Of The World's Strongest BodyArmour Tried With A 50cal Bullet From 20m(Pic) by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jun 26, 2020
xoftcore:

Snipers don't shoot from a close range
It's too risky
So the wearer may still survive a shot from a far range
And remember it's 50 caliber bullet
And for the head
Snipers don't target the head,they may lose your target

You're right, although I didn't mean a far sniper. Just any shooter close by.
Re: One Of The World's Strongest BodyArmour Tried With A 50cal Bullet From 20m(Pic) by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jun 26, 2020
light099:

You're right, although I didn't mean a far sniper. Just any shooter close by.
A bulletproof vest that can stop a 50 cal bullet from 20 metres
Can stop any bullet even ak

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One Of The World's Strongest BodyArmour Tried With A 50cal Bullet From 20m(Pic) by seangy4konji: 2:09pm On Jun 27, 2020
ur chest go crush be dat na
Re: One Of The World's Strongest BodyArmour Tried With A 50cal Bullet From 20m(Pic) by Goahead(m): 5:18pm On Jun 29, 2020
Oh; I have been virtually taking this shot on Call of duty shocked
Re: One Of The World's Strongest BodyArmour Tried With A 50cal Bullet From 20m(Pic) by nifton(m): 3:43pm On Jun 30, 2020
Babadee1900:
A volunteer? grin
Rough play.
Hey bro I pm'ed you. Can you pls reply, I need a little favor in terms of guidelines from you.
Thanks.
Re: One Of The World's Strongest BodyArmour Tried With A 50cal Bullet From 20m(Pic) by Babadee1900(m): 5:32pm On Jun 30, 2020
nifton:

Hey bro I pm'ed you. Can you pls reply, I need a little favor in terms of guidelines from you.
Thanks.
Noted
Re: One Of The World's Strongest BodyArmour Tried With A 50cal Bullet From 20m(Pic) by machiavelli95: 6:02pm On Jun 30, 2020
DAramis:
Not piercing the armour but causing damage to ribs and body organs which still leads to death defeat the whole purpose of developing it.

It is safe to conclude that the body armour failed its test.
Wrong. Concrete blocks are brittle in nature and would likely break in response to hard impact. The human body (especially one with decent layers of muscle) is more malleable and would likely not break (but can undergo elastic or plastic deformation) upon hard sharp impact.
The bullet hitting the torso protected by that vest will break some but not shatter any vital organs. The person will experience shock though, but has a 80% chance of survival if its not in the chest region.

2 Likes

Re: One Of The World's Strongest BodyArmour Tried With A 50cal Bullet From 20m(Pic) by Thazard(m): 12:47pm On Jul 06, 2020
wow

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Day With D-reloaded / Busty Lagos Girl Openly Acting P*rnography For A Living | Photos / Nature Calls. Wrong Place Wrong Time. What Will You Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.