Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,824 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

Lexus RX300 Issues With Ringing And Catalyst - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Lexus RX300 Issues With Ringing And Catalyst (4321 Views)

Having Issues With Your Car AC ,lets Discuss It Here / We Are Ringing GS300 Lexus V6 This Week 08061371793 / My Experience "Ringing" An Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lexus RX300 Issues With Ringing And Catalyst by erico2k2(m): 12:34pm On Jun 28, 2020
alphaNomega:
Even worn out oil seals would cause engines to smoke and if the seals can be properly replaced, no issues. This is different from your Liberty case and the Lexus'

The man has already worked in the engine and is about to embark on a second missionary journey. Allow the man to buy another engine nah. Pity him small

I hope you won't create a new moniker to start complaining about that Liberty Jeep when the engine starts smoking again grin
well I'm pretty clued up about Engines unlike yourself.The 1st group of mechanics that worked on that car killed it and misdiagnosed it, how can a cat converter be the reason for Engine refusal to start?
I will re-ask you, what do you understand by rigging an Engine??
Re: Lexus RX300 Issues With Ringing And Catalyst by erico2k2(m): 12:54pm On Jun 28, 2020
alphaNomega:
Even worn out oil seals would cause engines to smoke and if the seals can be properly replaced, no issues. This is different from your Liberty case and the Lexus'

The man has already worked in the engine and is about to embark on a second missionary journey. Allow the man to buy another engine nah. Pity him small

I hope you won't create a new moniker to start complaining about that Liberty Jeep when the engine starts smoking again grin

UPDATE: Since you want to play the language game. I don't know what you mean by RIGGING an engine tongue
I copied that from you cos you were the one telling OP to Ring his Engine, so I am asking you to explain your method or are you not the one advocating cost-effective ways to fix engine with old parts?
Re: Lexus RX300 Issues With Ringing And Catalyst by alphaNomega: 1:47pm On Jun 28, 2020
erico2k2:

I copied that from you cos you were the one telling OP to Ring his Engine, so I am asking you to explain your method or are you not the one advocating cost-effective ways to fix engine with old parts?

I will give you N10,000 (Ten thousand naira only) if you can identify were I told OP to ring his engine.
Re: Lexus RX300 Issues With Ringing And Catalyst by erico2k2(m): 1:55pm On Jun 28, 2020
alphaNomega:

I will give you N10,000 (Ten thousand naira only) if you can identify were I told OP to ring his engine.
first off, I don't use naira, if you can pay in POUNDS £££ then mayB I can dive into this foolishness you started.
secondly, it was you who assumed opening an engine with a view of fixing it amounts to RIGING in your school of thought.
I can bet any money the parts needed to fix that car's engine brand new might not be more than N300k

1 Like

Re: Lexus RX300 Issues With Ringing And Catalyst by alphaNomega: 2:01pm On Jun 28, 2020
erico2k2:

first off, I don't use naira, if you can pay in POUNDS £££ then mayB I can dive into this foolishness you started.
secondly, it was you who assumed opening an engine with a view of fixing it amounts to RIGING in your school of thought.
I can bet any money the parts needed to fix that car's engine brand new might not be more than N300k
Pounds Sterling it is. You are free to dive, oh wise one
Re: Lexus RX300 Issues With Ringing And Catalyst by erico2k2(m): 2:10pm On Jun 28, 2020
alphaNomega:
Pounds Sterling it is. You are free to dive, oh wise one
This is Empty and long, I pass. cool

Re: Lexus RX300 Issues With Ringing And Catalyst by Mrford(m): 2:28pm On Jun 28, 2020
radautoworks:

NO! FIGHT! FIGHT!! FIGHT!!! grin grin grin

As far as you will separate us. I'm ready. gringrin
Re: Lexus RX300 Issues With Ringing And Catalyst by ivoryhouse(m): 3:52pm On Jun 28, 2020
alphaNomega:

UPDATE: Since you want to play the language game. I don't know what you mean by RIGGING an engine tongue
Nigerians like to replace an old engine with another old engine when they can rebuild the engine they know. If you have a good tech, rebuild that engine! And if you cut corners good luck with that!
I totally agree with you bruh

2 Likes

Re: Lexus RX300 Issues With Ringing And Catalyst by Socialproject: 3:59pm On Jun 28, 2020
I am sure its Mobil XHP you were using, 20W 50 grin
Rhemmymatician:

Mobil
Re: Lexus RX300 Issues With Ringing And Catalyst by alphaNomega: 4:48pm On Jun 28, 2020
erico2k2:

This is Empty and long, I pass. cool
Just say you can't find where I posted the rubbish you accused me of saying. Wise guy angry

You can't even spell

1 Like

Re: Lexus RX300 Issues With Ringing And Catalyst by erico2k2(m): 5:16pm On Jun 28, 2020
ivoryhouse:

Nigerians like to replace an old engine with another old engine when they can rebuild the engine they know. If you have a good tech, rebuild that engine! And if you cut corners good luck with that!
The person you quoted is anti rebuild, he prefers replacing with an Old engine!
The sad part they call the Old engine new
Re: Lexus RX300 Issues With Ringing And Catalyst by Rhemmymatician(m): 8:51am On Jun 29, 2020
erico2k2:

well I'm pretty clued up about Engines unlike yourself.The 1st group of mechanics that worked on that car killed it and misdiagnosed it, how can a cat converter be the reason for Engine refusal to start?
I will re-ask you, what do you understand by rigging an Engine??

It didnt refuse to start o. It was going off while I was driving.
He said it was the catalyst that caused it to be going off and after he did it it hasn't gone off in motion since.

It's the initial problem that came back again, I just put that history in case it somehow had a part in it
Re: Lexus RX300 Issues With Ringing And Catalyst by Rhemmymatician(m): 8:56am On Jun 29, 2020
radautoworks:

Schedule an appointment and bring the car for diagnosis proper. Contact information is in my signature.

Both numbers saying switched off. Sent a text yesterday morning. Both numbers are also not on WhatsApp
Re: Lexus RX300 Issues With Ringing And Catalyst by AmuDimpka: 4:48pm On Jun 29, 2020
thebigkendo:

You don't mean it grin grin grin

I am not in the mood to argue or educate you today..
So you right sir

Yes... Once your car is shorting oil, your rings are bad... Trust me ! And these are in piston which makes the car engine to have compression ...

A smoking car isn't a good thing! The blue smoke means that the rings are going but some cars are naturally prone to oil shortage

Trust me an engine that is loosing oil too much isn't good and it's going ... It would be smoking

https://gadqwaklnniai2.live/?utm_campaign=QPF8euu28II5lw7O2iHhCugVqK5RzfdNsTpLaMM91qY1&t=main9

Re: Lexus RX300 Issues With Ringing And Catalyst by AmuDimpka: 4:53pm On Jun 29, 2020
ivoryhouse:

I agree with you... But how do you get a good tech that knows his onions... Those guys are whack
Re: Lexus RX300 Issues With Ringing And Catalyst by thebigkendo(m): 5:08pm On Jun 29, 2020
AmuDimpka:

Yes... Once your car is shorting oil, your rings are bad... Trust me ! And these are in piston which makes the car engine to have compression ...

A smoking car isn't a good thing! The blue smoke means that the rings are going but some cars are naturally prone to oil shortage

Trust me an engine that is loosing oil too much isn't good and it's going ... It would be smoking

https://gadqwaklnniai2.live/?utm_campaign=QPF8euu28II5lw7O2iHhCugVqK5RzfdNsTpLaMM91qY1&t=main9

Your are right

1 Like

Re: Lexus RX300 Issues With Ringing And Catalyst by AmuDimpka: 5:37pm On Jun 29, 2020
thebigkendo:

Your are right

Re: Lexus RX300 Issues With Ringing And Catalyst by radautoworks: 5:39pm On Jun 29, 2020
Rhemmymatician:

Both numbers saying switched off. Sent a text yesterday morning. Both numbers are also not on WhatsApp

They are official lines and not in text or WhatsApp. Shop closes at 5pm. If you call before then or email you will get a response.
Re: Lexus RX300 Issues With Ringing And Catalyst by thebigkendo(m): 7:55pm On Jun 29, 2020
AmuDimpka:

You are very correct

2 Likes

Re: Lexus RX300 Issues With Ringing And Catalyst by erico2k2(m): 8:53pm On Jun 29, 2020
Rhemmymatician:

It didnt refuse to start o. It was going off while I was driving.
He said it was the catalyst that caused it to be going off and after he did it it hasn't gone off in motion sinc[/b]e.

It's the initial problem that came back again, I just put that history in case it somehow had a part in it
What you need to do is read about catalyst converter, how it works, what it is made of and the reason they are in your car then you will know you were J[b]OBBED
They cant be repaired, can only be replaced!

1 Like

Re: Lexus RX300 Issues With Ringing And Catalyst by erico2k2(m): 8:57pm On Jun 29, 2020
AmuDimpka:

I agree with you... But how do you get a good tech that knows his onions... Those guys are whack
This is where you get it wrong, almost every mechanic can rebuild an Engine, It's a simple matter of replacing your old Engine parts with new ones, that's rebuilding simply put! There is nothing more to it!, The money factor is the issue!
Re: Lexus RX300 Issues With Ringing And Catalyst by AmuDimpka: 8:58pm On Jun 29, 2020
erico2k2:

This is where you get it wrong, almost every mechanic can rebuild an Engine, It's a simple matter of replacing your old Engine parts with new ones, that's rebuilding simply put! There is nothing more to it!, The money factor is the issue!

What about blocks... Thh say they rebow the engine block .. whatever rat means !
Re: Lexus RX300 Issues With Ringing And Catalyst by erico2k2(m): 9:24pm On Jun 29, 2020
AmuDimpka:

What about blocks... Thh say they rebow the engine block .. whatever rat means !
Nop ur block dead its dead, block is fixed, U can do the valves and all of its components that's .The top cylinder
Re: Lexus RX300 Issues With Ringing And Catalyst by LeJeun3: 2:12am On Jun 30, 2020
erico2k2:

[s]This is where you get it wrong, almost every mechanic can rebuild an Engine, It's a simple matter of replacing your old Engine parts with new ones, that's rebuilding simply put! There is nothing more to it!,[/s] The money factor is the issue!

Don't say this anymore.....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lexus RX300 Issues With Ringing And Catalyst by AmuDimpka: 9:51am On Jun 30, 2020
erico2k2:

Nop ur block dead its dead, block is fixed, U can do the valves and all of its components that's .The top cylinder

Oh that is great... But how do we get the real parts and components
Re: Lexus RX300 Issues With Ringing And Catalyst by erico2k2(m): 6:18pm On Jun 30, 2020
LeJeun3:

Don't say this anymore.....

OK what else did I miss in rebuilding an Engine if not the complete change of Moving parts + all Seals?
Im waiting to learn!
So this my Definition of Engine rebuild
An Engine Rebuild is defined as a process where the finished product is “as new”, inside and out. All parts that have “wear” on them get replaced with new items. This includes valves, pistons, bearings, seals, O-Rings, rubber or plastic parts, and gaskets.

I am waiting for you to tell me something different!
Re: Lexus RX300 Issues With Ringing And Catalyst by erico2k2(m): 6:21pm On Jun 30, 2020
AmuDimpka:

Oh that is great... But how do we get the real parts and components
You can order online! we have Ebay
Re: Lexus RX300 Issues With Ringing And Catalyst by diportivo: 6:26pm On Jun 30, 2020
many people are right on this thread

I will come down from my camel here so I can learn

covikk one nine ain't stopping the classes grin
Re: Lexus RX300 Issues With Ringing And Catalyst by tataiwo09(m): 7:46pm On Jun 30, 2020
i experienced this same issue before

Just asked your Mecho to drop and the engine and replace the metals inside your engine and with that the engine will get back to normalcy

Thank me later

Note: the car will be strong but the noise whenever you hit the throttle will not be like when it was new...it be thicker and roaring because of the replacements

Nonetheless the car can work 48hours no stop
Re: Lexus RX300 Issues With Ringing And Catalyst by LeJeun3: 9:53pm On Jun 30, 2020
erico2k2:

OK what else did I miss in rebuilding an Engine if not the complete change of Moving parts + all Seals?
Im waiting to learn!
So this my Definition of Engine rebuild
An Engine Rebuild is defined as a process where the finished product is “as new”, inside and out. All parts that have “wear” on them get replaced with new items. This includes valves, pistons, bearings, seals, O-Rings, rubber or plastic parts, and gaskets.

I am waiting for you to tell me something different!

- rebuild isnt as easy as replacing parts
- not every mechanic can successfully do a rebuild
- knowing what parts to replace doesnt necessary mean a rebuild will be successful
- not every engine is meant to be rebuilt

#myopinion

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lexus RX300 Issues With Ringing And Catalyst by erico2k2(m): 10:21pm On Jun 30, 2020
LeJeun3:

- rebuild isnt as easy as replacing parts
- not every mechanic can successfully do a rebuild
- knowing what parts to replace doesnt necessary mean a rebuild will be successful
- not every engine is meant to be rebuilt

#myopinion

Well, I think anybody who can strip down an Engine can repack it can rebuild.If you can change the Crankshaft of an engine, you can rebuild an engine, if you can change the oil pump or valve and seals, come on man, Im sure you get where I am coming from, however one needs the required tools to make it perfect ie torque range and timing kits etc!
Re: Lexus RX300 Issues With Ringing And Catalyst by radautoworks: 10:28pm On Jun 30, 2020
erico2k2:

Well, I think anybody who can strip down an Engine can repack it can rebuild.If you can change the Crankshaft of an engine, you can rebuild an engine, if you can change the oil pump or valve and seals, come on man, Im sure you get where I am coming from, however one needs the required tools to make it perfect ie torque range and timing kits etc!

Okay, I'm going to side with Lejeun and Co. No. Always easier to take apart than put back together.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Happy Birthday To Me / When You Should Replace That Brake Rotor / Nigerian Driver's License

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.