Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Lexus RX300 Issues With Ringing And Catalyst - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Lexus RX300 Issues With Ringing And Catalyst (4334 Views)

Having Issues With Your Car AC ,lets Discuss It Here / We Are Ringing GS300 Lexus V6 This Week 08061371793 / My Experience "Ringing" An Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lexus RX300 Issues With Ringing And Catalyst by erico2k2(m): 10:35pm On Jun 30, 2020
radautoworks:

Okay, I'm going to side with Lejeun and Co. No. Always easier to take apart than put back together.
That I agree, my argument is not that it is easy to take parts apart.My argument is IF you can take parts apart and refit them you can rebuild an Engine! My dare in-car Engine is very limited even though I undo more complex Engines than the car Engines.
Re: Lexus RX300 Issues With Ringing And Catalyst by LeJeun3: 11:14pm On Jun 30, 2020
erico2k2:

Well, I think anybody who can strip down an Engine can repack it can rebuild.If you can change the Crankshaft of an engine, you can rebuild an engine, if you can change the oil pump or valve and seals, come on man, Im sure you get where I am coming from, however one needs the required tools to make it perfect ie torque range and timing kits etc!

grin
Boss Man,

There is a difference between the Demolition man and the Construction man

grin grin

Re: Lexus RX300 Issues With Ringing And Catalyst by erico2k2(m): 11:18pm On Jun 30, 2020
LeJeun3:

grin
Boss Man,

There is a difference between the Demolition man and the Construction man

grin grin

Nah same we dey talk nah, ok check this anyone who can replace the crankshaft of an Engine successfully, would you not say that person can rebuild an Engine? grin grin
Re: Lexus RX300 Issues With Ringing And Catalyst by radautoworks: 11:21pm On Jun 30, 2020
erico2k2:

That I agree, my argument is not that it is easy to take parts apart.My argument is IF you can take parts apart and refit them you can rebuild an Engine! My dare in-car Engine is very limited even though I undo more complex Engines than the car Engines.

I get your argument but disagree
Re: Lexus RX300 Issues With Ringing And Catalyst by erico2k2(m): 11:27pm On Jun 30, 2020
radautoworks:

I get your argument but disagree
ok let me ask you this, can a mechanic who takes out an Engine from a car and replace the crankshaft rebuild an engine?
Re: Lexus RX300 Issues With Ringing And Catalyst by radautoworks: 12:38am On Jul 01, 2020
erico2k2:

ok let me ask you this, can a mechanic who takes out an Engine from a car and replace the crankshaft rebuild an engine?
no. That's why you have so many shoddy engine jobs
Re: Lexus RX300 Issues With Ringing And Catalyst by homeboy205: 10:59am On Jul 01, 2020
erico2k2:

Bros this thing you dey argue on, Na hin cause the op to open this thread.

If you check ham, Op believe anyone can ring an engine, whereas if Na professional do ham, he nor go open this thread.

Not every mechanic can rebuild an engine.

Changing crankshaft doesn’t mean the person can rebuild because you don’t need to remove the top cylinder before you change crankshaft

3 Likes

Re: Lexus RX300 Issues With Ringing And Catalyst by erico2k2(m): 4:08pm On Jul 01, 2020
homeboy205:

Bros this thing you dey argue on, Na hin cause the op to open this thread.

If you check ham, Op believe anyone can ring an engine, whereas if Na professional do ham, he nor go open this thread.

Not every mechanic can rebuild an engine.

Changing crankshaft doesn’t mean the person can rebuild because you don’t need to remove the top cylinder before you change crankshaft
Yes but btwn the crankshaft and top cylinder which do you think is more difficult to change?.
My argument here is this, if not for negligence and lack of tools, most people already build or rebuild to some % their Engines. Another let down I find out is FM on Engine components, handling internal bearings with bare hand and wiping them with dirty rags etc.
So my friend, if your Engine has its timing chain changed,top cylinder gasket changed, valves and its seals changed, piston and piston rings changed, connecting rods changed,your Engine has be rebuilt to some % as far as you bought new and genuine parts for the replacements.
Re: Lexus RX300 Issues With Ringing And Catalyst by erico2k2(m): 4:11pm On Jul 01, 2020
radautoworks:
no. That's why you have so many shoddy engine jobs
lol I think it depends on who doing it and the level of understanding.I think lack of new parts is a major discouragement in the world of Engine rebuild which we are used to in the west, if you do research just a piston ring compressor mechanics do not have not to talk of something as easy as a torque wrench! Lejeun3 has access to them stuff hence E dey follow me do graar graar here grin grin
Re: Lexus RX300 Issues With Ringing And Catalyst by radautoworks: 5:08pm On Jul 01, 2020
erico2k2:

lol I think it depends on who doing it and the level of understanding.I think lack of new parts is a major discouragement in the world of Engine rebuild which we are used to in the west, if you do research just a piston ring compressor mechanics do not have not to talk of something as easy as a torque wrench! Lejeun3 has access to them stuff hence E dey follow me do graar graar here grin grin

Again, no. That's why shops have rebuilders and r&r (remove and replace) techs. The r&r guys simply drop the engine for the rebuilders. After the rebuilders are done, the r&r guys put the motor back in the car. Two very different skill levels.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lexus RX300 Issues With Ringing And Catalyst by LeJeun3: 8:53pm On Jul 01, 2020
radautoworks:

Again, no. That's why shops have rebuilders and r&r (remove and replace) techs. The r&r guys simply drop the engine for the rebuilders. After the rebuilders are done, the r&r guys put the motor back in the car. Two very different skill levels.

Aunty Radu has said it all.

Abeg that crane hope the price has not gone up?? Been saving for it o

Re: Lexus RX300 Issues With Ringing And Catalyst by radautoworks: 9:43pm On Jul 01, 2020
LeJeun3:

Exchange rate has affected everything but we go work am out

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lexus RX300 Issues With Ringing And Catalyst by airfresher(m): 2:29am On Oct 01, 2020
erico2k2:

So in your mind, once your car start letting out smoke the answer is to buy another Engine and please and please stop using the word NEW when you say replace Engine cos you are buying another Engine near its End of life.
Can I ask you a question what do you think Rigging of Engine means?
Let me give you a personal experience, I got one of those Jeep Liberty and the Mrs uses it now and then to go to the village, on one such journey the car parked up and the engine refuses to turn over, all mechanics says another engine,I refused and insisted on opening the Engine to see if it needs a replacement which I know will only happen if the block was bad. Turns out the crankshaft bearings were fried as loss of oil increased the temperature,.The major culprit was the Oil pump which parked up. So Standard crankshaft and bearing bought, new Oil pump, I mean brand new, and I used the opportunity to change the timing chain and its guard as a pack, rear main seal changed and ofcus new gaskets for top cylinder and main seal. Now as we speak 60% of that Engine is 0miles and brand new.
pls help me with your personal contact i have a discussion with you,your number not in your profile.2348033818063
Re: Lexus RX300 Issues With Ringing And Catalyst by erico2k2(m): 10:17am On Oct 01, 2020
airfresher:
pls help me with your personal contact i have a discussion with you,your number not in your profile.2348033818063
Bross nor vex, nairaland matter nah nairaland I dey discus am,chat me on here.
Re: Lexus RX300 Issues With Ringing And Catalyst by erico2k2(m): 10:18am On Oct 01, 2020
LeJeun3:

U nah big man, buy the thing one time, no let us jear kpem grin grin
Re: Lexus RX300 Issues With Ringing And Catalyst by radautoworks: 4:12pm On Oct 01, 2020
erico2k2:

Where you been!
Re: Lexus RX300 Issues With Ringing And Catalyst by erico2k2(m): 7:37pm On Oct 01, 2020
radautoworks:

Where you been!
I have been arround, this covid regime is making us xtra busy in the Uk i n the line of duty.
Re: Lexus RX300 Issues With Ringing And Catalyst by radautoworks: 3:28am On Oct 02, 2020
erico2k2:

I have been arround, this covid regime is making us xtra busy in the Uk i n the line of duty.

Take it easy and be safe kiss
Re: Lexus RX300 Issues With Ringing And Catalyst by LeJeun3: 5:00pm On Oct 03, 2020
erico2k2:

It's important to be small, sometimes. E no easy, as you no bring business come na

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lexus RX300 Issues With Ringing And Catalyst by radautoworks: 6:11pm On Oct 03, 2020
LeJeun3:

It's important to be small, sometimes. E no easy, as you no bring business come na

grin you too dey gbagbos kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lexus RX300 Issues With Ringing And Catalyst by erico2k2(m): 9:06pm On Oct 03, 2020
radautoworks:

Take it easy and be safe kiss
we are trying grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

1.5million What Kind Of Car Can I Get For This Amount / Tire Inflation Discussion - What's Appropriate And What Is Not / This Is Probably The Most Amazing Features In The Acura Tl 2012!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.