Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,796 members, 7,813,625 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:11 PM

What Is Wrong With Relationships In Today's Society? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is Wrong With Relationships In Today's Society? (1703 Views)

What's With This New Obsession With Relationships? / 30+ Brutally Honest Illustrations Show What's Wrong With Today's Society / What Is Wrong With Relationships Nowadays?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Wrong With Relationships In Today's Society? by Caramelskin(f): 12:02pm On Jun 26, 2020
1. First sex, then love. I barely know any people in my circle who didn’t hook up first and then after long consideration, decide to be together.

2. They are short-lived. People throw their relationships away like it’s fast fashion. Quantity over quality. Online dating has turned a person into a consumable and disposable commodity.

3. Rarely ever serious. When you want a serious relationship, you’ll get looked at weirdly.

4. Vice signaling instead of virtue signaling. It’s trendy for a guy to show he has cars, women and money following him around. After all, he is a bachelor, a bad boy. Moral values and emotional stability are not attractive anymore to most.

5. 80% of women are competing for 20% of men.

6. Many enter a relationship thinking they could change someone. You can’t and will never be the catalyst. Get that through your head.

7. Women will commit more quickly when they feel safe. Men will not commit until they are “ready”.

8. There is no sacrifice for love. Why should you sacrifice and put work into your relationship when you could start fresh every other day?

Shared from QUORA

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With Relationships In Today's Society? by DaddyRochie1642: 12:20pm On Jun 26, 2020
Nothing Is Wrong, InFact It's Normal,

Everybody's Eyes Are Wide Open and Their Eyes Are Shining Really Bright... To The Extent Even Me Myself I Can See Very Clearly In Pitch Darkness grin grin

Nobody Wants To Be A MUGU Or Have Any Feeling That They're Being Used and Taken Advantage Of.

5 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Relationships In Today's Society? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jun 26, 2020
It's strictly business these days

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Relationships In Today's Society? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 26, 2020
What does no.5 mean?
People actually think those on quora are some "intellectual" because they write long articles and are white. sMH
Re: What Is Wrong With Relationships In Today's Society? by SenorFax(m): 12:26pm On Jun 26, 2020
DaddyRochie1642:
Nothing Is Wrong, InFact It's Normal,

Everybody's Eyes Are Wide Open and Their Eyes Are Shining Really Bright... To The Extent Even Me Myself I Can See Very Clearly In Pitch Darkness grin grin

Nobody Wants To Be A MUGU Or Have Any Feeling That They're Being Used and Taken Advantage Of.
Things are getting worse and you say eyes are opening. Guess what, eyes opening na e dey ruin the world so, we don know everything and even what we are not suppose to know.

Anyway, I still choose quality over quantity. And the right women are out there for the good guys.
What I know is that, no man can do without woman, even if you go do soapy, you won't imagine your fellow guy unless you are gay, na still woman.

Nobody dies and which he has made more money, they only regret one thing, it's all still centered around love.

6 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Relationships In Today's Society? by nickvanilla(m): 12:38pm On Jun 26, 2020
9. No real love anymore. Relationships now transactional with each party evaluating how advantageous the relationship will be for them in terms of money, sex, and clout.

People more interested in what they can get than what they can give.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With Relationships In Today's Society? by pansophist(m): 1:20pm On Jun 26, 2020
One word, "need".

In the past, alll humans relationships are formed due to needing the other to alleviate the suffering of life, and companionship. The more technological advanced we become as a species, the less useful relationship will be. A man needed the woman to look after the kids and home, while the woman needed the man to go hunt, protect the tribe and provide sustenance.

Right now, you can literally live off independently without needing someone. Society within the past centuries have radically changed to a point where we have collectively developed measures to propagate our existence without much burden on the individual.

Police will assure safety, supermarket assure groceries, shopping mall providing what you'll ever need and if you work for your money, you can buy services that otherwise, you'll need a partner for. You even do not need a woman for kids even, you can pay a surrogate mother instead.

Contraception (condoms, abortion etc) for example was the biggest invention that reduced sex to mere pleasure, and peel off the commitment layer that was needed before engaging in the act. Furthermore, the most integral part of relationship (sex and procreation) can be gotten outside a union.

Thanks to contraceptiond, technologies, and the ever dwindling global morality. With these, relationships will be plug and play, and reduce to thrill of hedonism, which is like sugar, its fun for a while, but with bitter consequences that comes with it such as, but not limited to feeling like a disposable meat, ghosting, lack of commitment, and one only useful for sexual gratification.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is Wrong With Relationships In Today's Society? by ibkonekt(m): 1:31pm On Jun 26, 2020
Caramelskin:
1. First sex, then love. I barely know any people in my circle who didn’t hook up first and then after long consideration, decide to be together.

2. They are short-lived. People throw their relationships away like it’s fast fashion. Quantity over quality. Online dating has turned a person into a consumable and disposable commodity.

3. Rarely ever serious. When you want a serious relationship, you’ll get looked at weirdly.

4. Vice signaling instead of virtue signaling. It’s trendy for a guy to show he has cars, women and money following him around. After all, he is a bachelor, a bad boy. Moral values and emotional stability are not attractive anymore to most.

6. Many enter a relationship thinking they could change someone. You can’t and will never be the catalyst. Get that through your head.

7. Women will commit more quickly when they feel safe. Men will not commit until they are “ready”.

8. There is no sacrifice for love. Why should you sacrifice and put work into your relationship when you could start fresh every other day?

Shared from QUORA

in one word "feminism" has deceived women.
this is the result of feminism.
ignore what feminism says it wants to achieve but actually look at what it celebrates and you will see "feminism" is cancer and women were easily deceived to lose the most valuable thing that they have for free

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Relationships In Today's Society? by ibkonekt(m): 1:36pm On Jun 26, 2020
Tadeknkeepcalm:
What does no.5 mean?
People actually think those on quora are some "intellectual" because they write long articles and are white. sMH

you really should understand before insulting.
what it means is this. (note that this is from a Woman's point of view)
lets say men are rated on a scale 1 to 10, (range 8-10 equals being high value men (6 feet tall and above, anything below 6ft is short, handsome, weathly, high social status, offer protection, respected in society, famous etc) these are what 80% of women in society today are all struggling for. in essensce most women want the same set of guy, this is called "HYPERGAMY" and it is out of control, women have this mentality of never settle, you go girl, chase your dream. but they keep dreaming until they are 50years, childless, single and miserable.

(Range 7-10) these men are effectively unable to get a young, pretty girl for marriage or long term relationship because of her hypergamy on overdrive thanks to feminism, in essence this man is invisible to 80% of women.

the end result however is that most women end up being passed around like Garden tools having slept around in their most beautiful years, then when their beauty starts to deteriorate they now lower their standards and attempt to offer fairly used to a SIMP, While the ignorant man that has been ignore most of his life will think he is getting a top lady

5 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Relationships In Today's Society? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jun 26, 2020
ibkonekt:

what it means is this.
lets say
Let's say what?
Infact, I know what you want to say but ask yourself, is what the person said self explanatory.

Secondly, I'm sure you want to say women are more than men, but is that really true? Any sources to support that? It's just a fallacy
Re: What Is Wrong With Relationships In Today's Society? by ibkonekt(m): 1:47pm On Jun 26, 2020
Tadeknkeepcalm:

Let's say what?
Infact, I know what you want to say but ask yourself, is what the person said self explanatory.

Secondly, I'm sure you want to say women are more than men, but is that really true? Any sources to support that? It's just a fallacy

see my write up above
Re: What Is Wrong With Relationships In Today's Society? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jun 26, 2020
ibkonekt:

see my write up above
Fair enough. You could be right. But is that analogy inherent to the west or every society?
Re: What Is Wrong With Relationships In Today's Society? by ibkonekt(m): 1:59pm On Jun 26, 2020
Tadeknkeepcalm:

Fair enough. You could be right. But is that analogy inherent to the west or every society?

bros, it is female nature. only that the benefits that have been given to women in the west have caused them to show their true nature faster and more openly. the women in Nigeria and all over are the same and they act the same. a woman generally has no agency and will seek to take advantage of a situation if she knows that she can get away with it or just get attention for it. remember that attention equals love to a woman. take for example the new rise of Rape claims by women. isn't is funny that only high value men are being accused of rape and the rape usually occured like 3years ago when it cannot be proven again or investigated. they are doing it now for clout, attention and possible money payout because they know they can get away with it right now. before ppl would have shamed them but now its trending. also the west has #METOO that hsa been ruining mens lives for almost 6years now. feminism is cancer.

of course they are always those that are the exception to the rule, but i make a general assessment of society. so the exceptions dont really apply to the majority. and we men need to think with our big head not the little head

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Wrong With Relationships In Today's Society? by ibkonekt(m): 2:01pm On Jun 26, 2020
Re: What Is Wrong With Relationships In Today's Society? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jun 26, 2020
ibkonekt:

bros, it is female nature. only that the benefits that have been given to women in the west have caused them to show their true nature faster and more openly. the women in Nigeria and all over are the same and they act the same. a woman generally has no agency and will seek to take advantage of a situation if she knows that she can get away with it or just get attention for it. remember that attention equals love to a woman. take for example the new rise of Rape claims by women. isn't is funny that only high value men are being accused of rape and the rape usually occured like 3years ago when it cannot be proven again or investigated. they are doing it now for clout, attention and possible money payout because they know they can get away with it right now. before ppl would have shamed them but now its trending. also the west has #METOO that hsa been ruining mens lives for almost 6years now. feminism is cancer.

of course they are always those that are the exception to the rule, but i make a general assessment of society. so the exceptions dont really apply to the majority
While feminism might be wrong, do not think for a second that MTGOW is the way.

The thing about statistics is that they are factual after surveys have been carried out. So if you say 80% of women just from a few of your experiences, you are not very different from the men-a-scum group, same ideology, different implementation.
If truly a large bulk of women are as you have described them, quite a lot of us wouldn't exist.
Re: What Is Wrong With Relationships In Today's Society? by ibkonekt(m): 2:18pm On Jun 26, 2020
Tadeknkeepcalm:

The thing about statistics is that they are factual after surveys have been carried out. So if you say 80% of women just from a few of your experiences, you are not very different from the men-a-scum group, same ideology, different implementation.
If truly a large bulk of women are as you have described them, quite a lot of us wouldn't exist.

i am redpill though and still engage with women, so i am not really mgtow but i agree with a lot of what they say.
the thing about stats is that they can be skewed to spin a narrative. take for example the wage gap myth that feminism pushes and equal representation that feminism pushes. even with the stats when the stats are challenged they always fall apart and end up crying misogyny or patriarchy.
so for me, my stand is that men and women have their nature, this is part of evolutionary biology. i dont think men or women are scum, but we are not good either like society or media paints it. its just that for century men have been called evil and women good. now men are starting to expose female hypocrisy and holding them up to some standards at the expense of marriage and companionship which is what all women desire the most, even more than money.
trust me only 20men are enough to populate 5 billion women. if you do a dna research you may find that we might have a common relation somewhere in the near past. read the story of ghengis khan and see that one man can father a nation...literarily

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Relationships In Today's Society? by ibkonekt(m): 2:24pm On Jun 26, 2020
Tadeknkeepcalm:

what would need is fairness as per LAWS or patriachy (one or the other).
but women will never accept true equality because as the saying goes "for the privilege, equality feels like oppression"

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Relationships In Today's Society? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jun 26, 2020
ibkonekt:

i am redpill though and still engage with women, so i am not really mgtow but i agree with a lot of what they say.
the thing about stats is that they can be skewed to spin a narrative. take for example the wage gap myth that feminism pushes and equal representation that feminism pushes. even with the stats when the stats are challenged they always fall apart and end up crying misogyny or patriarchy.
so for me, my stand is that men and women have their nature, this is part of evolutionary biology. i dont think men or women are scum, but we are not good either like society or media paints it. its just that for century men have been called evil and women good. now men are starting to expose female hypocrisy and holding them up to some standards at the expense of marriage and companionship which is what all women desire the most, even more than money.
trust me only 20men are enough to populate 5 billion women. if you do a dna research you may find that we might have a common relation somewhere in the near past. read the story of ghengis khan and see that one man can father a nation...literarily
I understand you perfectly. In fact, it's one of the reasons why I left twitter for nairaland, the indoctrination is mind-blowing. But here, redpillers/MGTOW abound. One extremism births another.
The best you can do is educate those who have fallen into such extremism, not fall into another yourself.
Re: What Is Wrong With Relationships In Today's Society? by ibkonekt(m): 2:38pm On Jun 26, 2020
Tadeknkeepcalm:

I understand you perfectly. In fact, it's one of the reasons why I left twitter for nairaland, the indoctrination is mind-blowing. But here, redpillers/MGTOW abound. One extremism births another.
The best you can do is educate those who have fallen into such extremism, not fall into another yourself.

true talk bros...i agree with you 100%

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Relationships In Today's Society? by ibkonekt(m): 3:07pm On Jun 26, 2020
pansophist:
One word, "need".

In the past, alll humans relationships are formed due to needing the other to alleviate the suffering of life, and companionship. The more technological advanced we become as a species, the less useful relationship will be. A man needed the woman to look after the kids and home, while the woman needed the man to go hunt, protect the tribe and provide sustenance.

Right now, you can literally live off independently without needing someone. Society within the past centuries have radically changed to a point where we have collectively developed measures to propagate our existence without much burden on the individual.

Police will assure safety, supermarket assure groceries, shopping mall providing what you'll ever need and if you work for your money, you can buy services that otherwise, you'll need a partner for. You even do not need a woman for kids even, you can pay a surrogate mother instead.

Contraception (condoms, abortion etc) for example was the biggest invention that reduced sex to mere pleasure, and peel off the commitment layer that was needed before engaging in the act. Furthermore, the most integral part of relationship (sex and procreation) can be gotten outside a union.

Thanks to condoms technologies, and dwindling global morality. With these, relationships will be plug and play, and reduce to thrill of hedonism, which is likw sugar, its fun for a while, but with bitter consequences that comes with it such as, but not limited to feeling like a disposable meat, ghosting, lack of commitment, and only useful for sexual gratification.

sound logic

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Relationships In Today's Society? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jun 26, 2020
It's why i don't follow the crowd. Everything has been turned upside down.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Relationships In Today's Society? by emmaodet: 6:52pm On Jun 26, 2020
Caramelskin:

Shared from QUORA

Your number 5 is the reason why i believe we have more women/ladies fornicating than men on average.
People always scream a lot of men sleep around - No, i don't believe it. I believe 80% of women are regularly getting screwed by 35-40% of guys.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Relationships In Today's Society? by Ayoifedolapo(f): 7:44pm On Jun 26, 2020
Actually, what i picture in relationships in this age and time is that both parties are desperate. Majority of the guys are after good and more sex and if their partner isn't willing to give that out when need arises, they feel that's enough reason to walk away to another. While majority of ladies are after material things. They don't care what they have to offer in exchange. They just want a latest things, nice wears and an upgraded lifestyles so they give out sex to whoever needs it and ready to give them what they want. So sex is so cheap nowadays and relationships is more like a business where profits is their only priority.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Relationships In Today's Society? by 0neal(m): 12:01am On Jun 27, 2020
No3 is absolutely spot on

So for just wanting to keep it real and be clear about my motive in having interest in a lady, it'd be interpreted as being desperate??

Issokay!!!
Re: What Is Wrong With Relationships In Today's Society? by ibkonekt(m): 2:55am On Jun 27, 2020
Ayoifedolapo:
Actually, what i picture in relationships in this age and time is that both parties are desperate. Majority of the guys are after good and more sex and if their partner isn't willing to give that out when need arises, they feel that's enough reason to walk away to another. While majority of ladies are after material things. They don't care what they have to offer in exchange. They just want a latest things, nice wears and an upgraded lifestyles so they give out sex to whoever needs it and ready to give them what they want. So sex is so cheap nowadays and relationships is more like a business where profits is their only priority.

true

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Relationships In Today's Society? by ibkonekt(m): 3:02am On Jun 27, 2020
emmaodet:

Your number 5 is the reason why i believe we have more women/ladies fornicating than men on average.
People always scream a lot of men sleep around - No, i don't believe it. I believe 80% of women are regularly getting screwed by 35-40% of guys.

they are not loyal. you only see women for who they are at their base form when you are at the top of society. its a mess honestly

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Relationships In Today's Society? by Newbielearner(m): 6:43am On Jun 27, 2020
ibkonekt:

what it means is this. (note that this is from a Woman's point of view)
lets say men are rated on a scale 1 to 10, (range 8-10 equals being high value men (6 feet tall and above, anything below 6ft is short, handsome, weathly, high social status, offer protection, respected in society, famous etc) these are what 80% of women in society today are all struggling for. in essensce most women want the same set of guy, this is called "HYPERGAMY" and it is out of control, women have this mentality of never settle, you go girl, chase your dream. but they keep dreaming until they are 50years, childless, single and miserable.

(Range 7-10) these men are effectively unable to get a young, pretty girl for marriage or long term relationship because of her hypergamy on overdrive thanks to feminism, in essence this man is invisible to 80% of women.

the end result however is that most women end up being passed around like Garden tools having slept around in their most beautiful years, then when their beauty starts to deteriorate they now lower their standards and attempt to offer fairly used to a SIMP, While the ignorant man that has been ignore most of his life will think he is getting a top lady

Top notch.
Re: What Is Wrong With Relationships In Today's Society? by emmaodet: 6:49am On Jun 27, 2020
ibkonekt:

they are not loyal. you only see women for who they are at their base form when you are at the top of society. its a mess honestly

Really really mess bro.
Also, the person being paid to drink alcohol will far drink more than the person that need to buy alcohol before drinking on average.
Ladies get paid, eat, drink and enjoy for getting straffed but men on average will need to work their asses out to straff a lady.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Relationships In Today's Society? by ibkonekt(m): 7:24am On Jun 27, 2020
emmaodet:

Really really mess bro.
Also, the person being paid to drink alcohol will far drink more than the person that need to buy alcohol before drinking on average.
Ladies get paid, eat, drink and enjoy for getting straffed but men on average will need to work their asses out to straff a lady.

true that

(1) (Reply)

'One Pant Is Missing' Vee Tells Neo As He Washes Her Panties (video) / As A Lady You Will Have To Beg Me To Marry You / Adulthood Is A Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.