Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,731 members, 7,817,011 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Are Romantic Relationships Really Useful? I Find Them Useless - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are Romantic Relationships Really Useful? I Find Them Useless (1275 Views)

Are Long Distance Relationships Really Worth It / Are Relationships Really About Compromise? / Does Unconditional Love Exist In romantic relationships in Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Romantic Relationships Really Useful? I Find Them Useless by JayCynic(m): 1:29pm On Jun 26, 2020
Apart from sex, procreation and getting money, there's really nothing essential or exceptional about being involved in a romantic relationship. I see human beings taking their lives or getting angry because a partner left them, and I wonder why people are so deluded.
I've been in many relationships and found it bland because there was no extraordinary feeling involved except orgasm. The same feeling I have when I'm single and masturbating is the same feeling I have when I'm dating and having sex. I can't seem to figure out why a broke man would spend his hard-earned wages on his girlfriend when he can easily have sex with a prostitute at a cheaper price while focusing his money on things that are more profitable and would fetch him a better living.

Companionship isn't a problem either because good friends and family are around to keep you company, who don't always need your money, and are constantly supporting you to become a better person.

I honestly don't understand why a human being needs another human being of the opposite sex to feel good or happy when you can actually make money and be happy by yourself.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Romantic Relationships Really Useful? I Find Them Useless by SenorFax(m): 1:39pm On Jun 26, 2020
undecided
Re: Are Romantic Relationships Really Useful? I Find Them Useless by Dobson43: 1:40pm On Jun 26, 2020
shocked
Re: Are Romantic Relationships Really Useful? I Find Them Useless by Maxxim: 1:45pm On Jun 26, 2020
embarassed
Re: Are Romantic Relationships Really Useful? I Find Them Useless by JayCynic(m): 1:49pm On Jun 26, 2020
SenorFax:
Another gay in the making spotted.
Looking at your pics, you look like gay or maybe bisexual

Simply because you are heartbroken doesn't mean others are too. Real men don't run from their problems (women), only pvssies does that.

Let people enjoy things and you enjoy your singleness in peace, or are you scared of your sexuality??

I'm not gay bro, I'm not heartbroken either. Matter of fact I'm happy and living my best life, I'm having sex without needing to commit to anything. I'm not trying to stop you from enjoying, I'm just curious why YOU enjoy relationships.Apart from having an orgasm, what do you enjoy about your relationship?

8 Likes

Re: Are Romantic Relationships Really Useful? I Find Them Useless by Blackmoran(m): 1:49pm On Jun 26, 2020
Because we are program and indoctrinated to think so, go to school, graduate, get a job, get married, have children.. That's the ideal life to be considered success to majority of Nigerians.. Told my parent I would never consider marriage in my life my dad understand, but my mom think am insane...

7 Likes

Re: Are Romantic Relationships Really Useful? I Find Them Useless by SenorFax(m): 1:56pm On Jun 26, 2020
JayCynic:

I'm not gay bro, I'm not heartbroken either. Matter of fact I'm happy and living my best life, I'm having sex without needing to commit to anything. I'm not trying to stop you from enjoying, I'm just curious why YOU enjoy relationships.Apart from having an orgasm, what do you enjoy about your relationship?
Companionship
Re: Are Romantic Relationships Really Useful? I Find Them Useless by SenorFax(m): 1:57pm On Jun 26, 2020
Blackmoran:
Because we are program and indoctrinated to think so, go to school, graduate, get a job, get married, have children.. That's the ideal life to be considered success to majority of Nigerians.. Told my parent I would never consider marriage in my life my dad understand, but my mom think am insane...
It gets boring, nobody wishes to die alone

1 Like

Re: Are Romantic Relationships Really Useful? I Find Them Useless by JayCynic(m): 2:11pm On Jun 26, 2020
SenorFax:
Another gay in the making spotted.
Looking at your pics, you look like gay or maybe bisexual

Simply because you are heartbroken doesn't mean others are too. Real men don't run from their problems (women), only pvssies does that.

Let people enjoy things and you enjoy your singleness in peace, or are you scared of your sexuality??

I really think you are confused going thru your profile

The posts you highlighted on moving to a Nigerian girl was made last year and it had everything to do with sex. And since the beginning of this year, I've understood what life really is, You don't need a woman.

The other post on Feminism is me saying every person should be equal.
Re: Are Romantic Relationships Really Useful? I Find Them Useless by Ningen(m): 2:13pm On Jun 26, 2020
A romantic relationship is just an advance form of ‘friendship’ with physical intimacy as a perk.

So It's not useless.
Re: Are Romantic Relationships Really Useful? I Find Them Useless by Callertunez: 2:15pm On Jun 26, 2020
jaycynic are you a musician? a producer?
Re: Are Romantic Relationships Really Useful? I Find Them Useless by SenorFax(m): 2:17pm On Jun 26, 2020
JayCynic:

The posts you highlighted on moving to a Nigerian girl was made last year and it had everything to do with sex. And since the beginning of this year, I've understood what life really is, You don't need a woman.

The other post on Feminism is me saying every person should be equal.

Sorry I called you out on those posts.

See ehn, the older guys get, the more we know how life works. I may not see perfect examples, I surely have good ones known to myself about companionship.
As the saying goes, he who travels alone travels far, but with companion, the journey is sweeter. Forget the fact that ladies are demons, yes, but they are necessary ones. We'll still be swimming in a guy's nutsack if that man didn't try to give life and love a chance. You dig??

1 Like

Re: Are Romantic Relationships Really Useful? I Find Them Useless by Blackmoran(m): 2:21pm On Jun 26, 2020
SenorFax:

It gets boring, nobody wishes to die alone
so you think by getting married you are going to solve that? Guy wake up times have change people are now individualistic, almost every old people I see live alone, there children and grand children only visit them once in a while.. Extended family is dying slowly in our generation, I can't remember the last time I spoke with my cousin and nephew, And I don't know what your definition of "alone" is. I have a beautiful daughter and I am not married and never will, I don't need to live with a woman before I can be happy or fulfilled. Marriage to me in our generation is baseless and can't work,do you know how many married women I don smash, and they smile back home as if nothing happen, my baby mama is married now and am still banging her.. In our generation both sexes are polygamous, which destroy the bases of marriage monogamy.... If you want to still get married I have no problem with that but just remember don't put too much emotion into it.. And secondly you getting married doesn't solve the issue of loneliness, but rather the kind of person you are and people you surround yourself with do.... Moreover some individual are core introvert who don't need to much people around them and they are so happy living that way .

8 Likes

Re: Are Romantic Relationships Really Useful? I Find Them Useless by SenorFax(m): 2:25pm On Jun 26, 2020
Blackmoran:
so you think by getting married you are going to solve that? Guy wake up times have change people are now individualistic, almost every old people I see live alone, there children and grand children only visit them once in a while.. Extended family is dying slowly in our generation, I can't remember the last time I spoke with my cousin and nephew, And I don't know what your definition of "alone" is. I have a beautiful daughter and I am not married and never will, I don't need to live with a woman before I can be happy or fulfilled. Marriage to me in our generation is baseless and can't work,do you know how many married women I don smash, and they smile back home as if nothing happen, my baby mama is married now and am still banging her.. In our generation both sexes are polygamous, which destroy the bases of marriage monogamy.... If you want to still get married I have no problem with that but just remember don't put too much emotion into it.. And secondly you getting married doesn't solve the issue of loneliness, but rather the kind of person you are and people you surround yourself with do.... Moreover some individual are core introvert who don't need to much people around them and they are so happy living that way .
Nice writeup

But I've actually stayed with 2 or more old singles, and trust me, they will give all they have to have their youthful days back and give love a chance.

Relationship goes beyond having it sweet all the time. I once read about an old man that was asked about how he kept his marriage till old age. He answered "I came from a generation when if you broke a cup, you mend it instead of throwing it away. Best message I've ever read about marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Are Romantic Relationships Really Useful? I Find Them Useless by JayCynic(m): 2:26pm On Jun 26, 2020
Callertunez:
jaycynic are you a musician? a producer?

Let's say I'm a beatmaker since I'm not into mixing and mastering and all those complex audio engineering. And I don't own my studio, I'm still a student though, just making beats on my system and trying to get my online beatstore. I rap too
Re: Are Romantic Relationships Really Useful? I Find Them Useless by ibkonekt(m): 2:32pm On Jun 26, 2020
JayCynic:

ignore the blue pilled simp...their first line of defense is the shaming tactics. do your thing

6 Likes

Re: Are Romantic Relationships Really Useful? I Find Them Useless by JayCynic(m): 2:34pm On Jun 26, 2020
SenorFax:

Sorry I called you out on those posts.

See ehn, the older guys get, the more we know how life works. I may not see perfect examples, I surely have good ones known to myself about companionship.
As the saying goes, he who travels alone travels far, but with companion, the journey is sweeter. Forget the fact that ladies are demons, yes, but they are necessary ones. We'll still be swimming in a guy's nutsack if that man didn't try to give life and love a chance. You dig??

That's it. I wanted to be educated and I asked a honest question. I don't mean to demonize relationships or make them look unimportant. I just need to know why people make them essential and you made a good point. Thank You

1 Like

Re: Are Romantic Relationships Really Useful? I Find Them Useless by Blackmoran(m): 2:44pm On Jun 26, 2020
SenorFax:

Nice writeup

But I've actually stayed with 2 or more old singles, and trust me, they will give all they have to have their youthful days back and give love a chance.

Relationship goes beyond having it sweet all the time. I once read about an old man that was asked about how he kept his marriage till old age. He answered "I came from a generation when if you broke a cup, you mend it instead of throwing it away. Best message I've ever read about marriage.
that was then when patient and loyalty was a virtue... Not today in this era of socialmedia and rise in technology... So much have change from the ways our fathers live.

5 Likes

Re: Are Romantic Relationships Really Useful? I Find Them Useless by SenorFax(m): 2:46pm On Jun 26, 2020
Blackmoran:
that was then when patient and loyalty was a virtue... Not today in this era of socialmedia and rise in technology... So much have change from the ways our fathers live.
Would you suggest the later to the recent?

Every relationship, single or not, still requires patient and loyalty now
Re: Are Romantic Relationships Really Useful? I Find Them Useless by Callertunez: 2:52pm On Jun 26, 2020
JayCynic:

Let's say I'm a beatmaker since I'm not into mixing and mastering and all those complex audio engineering. And I don't own my studio, I'm still a student though, just making beats on my system and trying to get my online beatstore. I rap too
alright... that's great. saw your signature,
Re: Are Romantic Relationships Really Useful? I Find Them Useless by Blackmoran(m): 3:14pm On Jun 26, 2020
SenorFax:

Would you suggest the later to the recent?

Every relationship, single or not, still requires patient and loyalty now
My relationship with people I don't want to be love or like, I don't even know what love is, all I want is to be respected, and if you are respected you gain people loyalty which is important to me ... And secondly I would prefer now, men don't need to compromise any more, although majority of men are still indoctrinated with the idea, I think as they grow older especially in there 30s they start to discover they are living in delusion and times have change. Right from universities days that was my early 20s I knew I might not get married, now am 30 I know for sure I will never.. Cause it is baseless the advantage our fathers have in marriage then I can still experience it now without been married..

5 Likes

Re: Are Romantic Relationships Really Useful? I Find Them Useless by Lukaku95: 6:04pm On Jun 26, 2020
You are still a kid..when you grow up,you will know.. and stop masturbating!!
Re: Are Romantic Relationships Really Useful? I Find Them Useless by Ladikwa(m): 6:59pm On Jun 26, 2020
Blackmoran:

Chai, guy pity those husbands na.
Re: Are Romantic Relationships Really Useful? I Find Them Useless by Uncle93(m): 8:16am On Feb 19, 2021
JayCynic:

Gay mother fcker said he rather masturbates or fck prostitutes
Re: Are Romantic Relationships Really Useful? I Find Them Useless by Uncle93(m): 8:17am On Feb 19, 2021
Lukaku95:
You are still a kid..when you grow up,you will know.. and stop masturbating!!

Hes a big kid
Re: Are Romantic Relationships Really Useful? I Find Them Useless by JayCynic(m): 8:37am On Feb 19, 2021
Uncle93:

Gay mother fcker said he rather masturbates or fck prostitutes

Calls me gay and then proceeds to say I have sex with prostitutes, even when the post you quoted says nothing about your accusations. You're now making stuff up to get at me and that shows you have the thought process of a woman, worse still a child. Weak bitch move, bitch move bro.
Re: Are Romantic Relationships Really Useful? I Find Them Useless by Uncle93(m): 8:40am On Feb 19, 2021
JayCynic:

Calls me gay and then proceeds to say I have sex with prostitutes, even when the post you quoted says nothing about your accusations. You're now making stuff up to get at me and that shows you have the thought process of a woman, worse still a child. Weak bitch move, bitch move bro.

Nah .. I must expose you today! You hide behind ur phone calling people simps. Today ull burn... Ull be a scape goat. You created a thread boasting about mastubating and sleeping with prostitues and you can call someone who posted about Girls looking better on a clothes a Simp? Ure mad dawg.. U are mad
Re: Are Romantic Relationships Really Useful? I Find Them Useless by Mikester: 10:03am On Feb 19, 2021
Imagine meeting someone you don't know and start asking for their number just to ask them out. What they term "love" is mostly lust. That's why a relationship is just two people deceiving themselves.

The right order should be

- Friendship
- Romance
- Engagement
- Marriage

Any other way is crap
Re: Are Romantic Relationships Really Useful? I Find Them Useless by Robertgreene1(m): 10:36am On Feb 19, 2021
interesting...

(1) (Reply)

5 Rules That Nigeria Girls Don't Want You To Know; Be Wise! / How Nkechi Nearly Destroyed My Life - True Story / Which One Do You Prefer Between Being Liked And Respected From People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.