Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,277 members, 7,811,812 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:15 PM

Are Long Distance Relationships Really Worth It - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are Long Distance Relationships Really Worth It (21447 Views)

JAPA: 8 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Do Long Distance Relationships / Are Romantic Relationships Really Useful? I Find Them Useless / Most Distance Relationships Are Pure Scam. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Long Distance Relationships Really Worth It by Youngblood007(m): 11:30pm On Nov 05, 2022
I have a girlfriend that is schooling in ekpoma while I school in Abraka. She entered uni before me though am catching up cuz of the strike. I really love her.

The problem is we don't really talk, we could stay for over 2 weeks without hearing from the other person. When I call her, she doesn't pick but she'll call back with one excuse or another. I won't lie and said av had some backyard business in school, but those sex were plainly out of konji and I don't really talk to the girls again.
My girl recently confessed that she had something to do with a guy, though she claims she didn't have sex with him.
The last time I saw her was around February. She doesn't send her normal pics talk less of nudes, even when konji is squeezing my neck.
Am really confused as we've been together for some time now and I can't bring myself to break up as I am very much attached to her emotionally.
I need advice on what to do.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Long Distance Relationships Really Worth It by marefeh: 11:55pm On Nov 05, 2022
Sch bf is different from house bf.

Know this n know peace

238 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Are Long Distance Relationships Really Worth It by Yusufisraelj(m): 12:02am On Nov 06, 2022
You are having the lower end of the stick bro, that's not good. I switched from long distance relationship to relationship within my reach, long distance relationship is only beneficial when you both have met in a location and have established understanding, connection and defined boundaries and values to live by and preferable methods of consistent communication.

A relationship where the vibe is not mutual rarely ends well, one party will feel used and the other cares less, at this point you need to decide what's best for you, if you'll sit down and talk things through and make the relationship work towards a mutually beneficial one or you walk away for your saneness and peace of mind.

85 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are Long Distance Relationships Really Worth It by Youngblood007(m): 12:28am On Nov 06, 2022
marefeh:
Sch bf is different from house bf.

Know this n know peace

Omo.. this one touched me

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Long Distance Relationships Really Worth It by Youngblood007(m): 12:30am On Nov 06, 2022
Yusufisraelj:
You are having the lower end of the stick bro, that's not good. I switched from long distance relationship to relationship within my reach, long distance relationship is only beneficial when you both have met in a location and have established understanding, connection and defined boundaries and values to live by and preferable methods of consistent communication.

A relationship where the vibe is not mutual rarely ends well, one party will feel used and the other cares less, at this point you need to decide what's best for you, if you'll sit down and talk things through and make the relationship work towards a mutually beneficial one or you walk away for your saneness and peace of mind.

Talking.....
We don't really talk that much. She told me to be patient with her but there is a limit to how far my patience goes

1 Like

Re: Are Long Distance Relationships Really Worth It by HolyMan12: 12:56am On Nov 06, 2022
Guy, just don't put your emotions in that relationship. before one day you go come here the give us epistle of how she serve you stale microwaved breakfast with plenty pepper and fresh onions. grin

Omo! Just take am as your fvck mate for now. grin

107 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Are Long Distance Relationships Really Worth It by Yusufisraelj(m): 12:57am On Nov 06, 2022
Youngblood007:

Talking.....
We don't really talk that much. She told me to be patient with her but there is a limit to how far my patience goes

Let me ask? Why are you asking this lady out, is it for a relationship with the intention of serious commitment down the line?

Or

Are you experimenting?

If it's the former, walk away, until a lady knows what she wants and is willing to commit at your level, never date her, but if it's the later, na you know watin you want.

For example, I don't experiment, so if I'm coming close to a lady, I shoot straight with my intentions to avoid ambiguity, as such consistent communication, fidelity and mutual efforts to get to know each other and putting the other person's interest must be clearly visible in our day to day activities, if I don't see these and I'm doing my part, I cut off quickly to avoid being emotionally entangled. The first thing when it comes to relationships is knowing what you want, that will determine how you'll treat the person and also know what to expect, and if it's not there, oga WALK away.

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Are Long Distance Relationships Really Worth It by Nobody: 1:23am On Nov 06, 2022
It's not worth it. But to those without choice, they v to manage.
More so, sacrifice is what binds relationship these days. So...if there's no sacrifice, even if it's face me I face you close by relationship, it ll crash.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Long Distance Relationships Really Worth It by Ireportlive: 2:29am On Nov 06, 2022
You are both still young, I suggest you also start dating within your current location...

A lady who doesn't call you for 2 weeks straight isn't emotionally attached to you, you are barely her backup and " run to guy"

If fate have it that you might get married it's after NYSC that you can determine that

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Long Distance Relationships Really Worth It by Kobicove(m): 2:35am On Nov 06, 2022
Do people still engage in long distance relationships? undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Long Distance Relationships Really Worth It by Amarisco(f): 2:47am On Nov 06, 2022
Yusufisraelj:

(Sanity*)

Well said.

OP you can try and communicate the issues, but ultimately it’s up to you to set some boundaries for your own self-respect about what level of commitment and love you deserve
Re: Are Long Distance Relationships Really Worth It by Yusufisraelj(m): 7:25am On Nov 06, 2022
Amarisco:

(Sanity*)

Well said.

OP you can try and communicate the issues, but ultimately it’s up to you to set some boundaries for your own self-respect about what level of commitment and love you deserve

grin the plural form, I see, wasn't ideal as I was referring to a person. Oh, English won't kill me. Thumbs up.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Long Distance Relationships Really Worth It by Angrygoat: 8:21am On Nov 06, 2022
Stupid fool. Dnt read your book and graj. Ode

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Long Distance Relationships Really Worth It by advanceDNA: 8:24am On Nov 06, 2022
Youngblood007:
I have a girlfriend that is schooling in ekpoma while I school in Abraka. She entered uni before me though am catching up cuz of the strike. I really love her.

The problem is we don't really talk, we could stay for over 2 weeks without hearing from the other person. When I call her, she doesn't pick but she'll call back with one excuse or another. I won't lie and said av had some backyard business in school, but those sex were plainly out of konji and I don't really talk to the girls again.
My girl recently confessed that she had something to do with a guy, though she claims she didn't have sex with him.
The last time I saw her was around February. She doesn't send her normal pics talk less of nudes, even when konji is squeezing my neck.
Am really confused as we've been together for some time now and I can't bring myself to break up as I am very much attached to her emotionally.

Oga listen very well.... face your book....u dont have a girlfriend...

20 Likes

Re: Are Long Distance Relationships Really Worth It by GoooodHardDick: 8:29am On Nov 06, 2022
How a sane guy calls a random Nigeria street girl "my girl" still baffles me till today.

The sooner you understand that you're dating yourself, the better for you. That girl is busy collecting dick from random guys and you're here Hoping and wishing for her? You don't date Nigeria girls you only bang their pussy, dump them and move on. Girls full everywhere Oga, stop behaving like a pussy ass niggar!!!

39 Likes

Re: Are Long Distance Relationships Really Worth It by Fakbrown: 8:35am On Nov 06, 2022
Only Corona mhen Don Dae batter my ex pussy, long distance relationships are 94 percent scam

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Are Long Distance Relationships Really Worth It by Nobody: 10:24am On Nov 06, 2022
Long distance relationships don't work nowadays, unless you guys change your relationship status into an open relationship, that way, you guys can have as many affairs as you like without feeling guilty.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Long Distance Relationships Really Worth It by advanceDNA: 11:06am On Nov 06, 2022
Samantha123:
Long distance relationships don't work nowadays, unless you guys change your relationship status into an open relationship, that way, you guys can have as many affairs as you like without feeling guilty.

Nigerian women cannot be in an open relatioship because no man will go out of his way to use his money to care for such women...

thats why cheating is always their option..they want to get the full girlfriend and wife benefits and still be a bítch to other men whenever they want

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Long Distance Relationships Really Worth It by Nobody: 11:11am On Nov 06, 2022
If I didn't know better, I'd say you're my biggest fan.. grin grin grin

advanceDNA:

Nigerian women cannot be in an open relatioship because no man will go out of his way to use his money to care for such women...

thats why cheating is always their option..they want to get the full girlfriend and wife benefits and still be a bítch to other men whenever they want
Re: Are Long Distance Relationships Really Worth It by advanceDNA: 11:14am On Nov 06, 2022
Samantha123:
If I didn't know better, I'd say you're my biggest fan.. grin grin grin

Ur fan?? Geez!!!!! Thank goodness u know better...

7 Likes

Re: Are Long Distance Relationships Really Worth It by Fiscus105(m): 11:15am On Nov 06, 2022
Youngblood007:

Two of u are just deceiving urself, u guys are just making urself catching cruise.

Anyway your diaspora gf might be using you as backup, Incase........

8 Likes

Re: Are Long Distance Relationships Really Worth It by Nobody: 11:20am On Nov 06, 2022
You don't have to be in denial though.. I might as well make things better for you by sending you an email, how about that? grin grin grin
advanceDNA:

Ur fan?? Geez!!!!! Thank goodness u know better...

2 Likes

Re: Are Long Distance Relationships Really Worth It by Slynation(m): 11:22am On Nov 06, 2022
Two ignorant fellows deceiving themselves...!!

7 Likes

Re: Are Long Distance Relationships Really Worth It by Nobody: 12:01pm On Nov 06, 2022
Youngblood007:

A long distance relationship is one in which the guy stays abroad and the girl in naija.

Trust me it's very cool cool

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Long Distance Relationships Really Worth It by advanceDNA: 12:01pm On Nov 06, 2022
Samantha123:
You don't have to be in denial though.. I might as well make things better for you by sending you an email, how about that? grin grin grin

Be in denial?? U must either be comedian or overestimating your charm..... grin

As per the emial...thanks, i'm good.....i already have one very light skinned babe that wont like that idea

5 Likes

Re: Are Long Distance Relationships Really Worth It by Nobody: 12:07pm On Nov 06, 2022
advanceDNA:

Na the Koko be that

3 Likes

Re: Are Long Distance Relationships Really Worth It by Nobody: 12:08pm On Nov 06, 2022
I'm not interested in being your woman or in dating any Nigerian man.. I'm just trying to make it easier for you to engage in arguments with me because it really seems like I've indeed gained a fan here... grin grin grin

And I'm very sure that your girlfriend is a very beautiful woman and I wish you all the best.
advanceDNA:

Be in denial?? U must either be comedian or overestimating your charm..... grin

As per the emial...thanks, i'm good.....i already have one very light skinned babe that wont like that idea

4 Likes

Re: Are Long Distance Relationships Really Worth It by iiifedimma(f): 12:18pm On Nov 06, 2022
Please let's support his excellency Mr Peter obi for the president of federal Republic of Nigeria, we are tired of those thief's now,

Without a tribalism and nepotism any sane Nigerian know it's only someone like Peter obi that can now rescue Nigeria from total collapsing, but seriously some ethnic bigot people will just still prefer to hav their own man at the affairs of the country either he is capable or not than to go for what could have been the best solution to all nigerian's current problems, #ObiDatti2023 is certain

11 Likes

Re: Are Long Distance Relationships Really Worth It by newoffer: 12:18pm On Nov 06, 2022
A waste of time and investment

1 Like

Re: Are Long Distance Relationships Really Worth It by Eriokanmi: 12:19pm On Nov 06, 2022
Yea. It depends. If the relationship is time-bound and both parties are discipline.

My inlaw gained admission to study at FIU, US some years back. He just got married, while the wife stayed back at a company in which she was doing well. The idea was to also process her wife's admission into one of the US unis. Luckily, her admission clicked and she travelled to US to meet him. They completed their program and settled down.

7 Likes

Re: Are Long Distance Relationships Really Worth It by adecz: 12:19pm On Nov 06, 2022
♥•♥ Sometimes ☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️
Re: Are Long Distance Relationships Really Worth It by fredoooooo: 12:19pm On Nov 06, 2022
NO

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"Nigerian Men Are The Best, They Spend On Ladies Well" - South Africa Lady Says / Is It Wise To Marry A Female Lawyer? / Nigerian Couple Who Met On Twitter Weds (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.