Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,170 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

Dolphins Migrating Through Dolphin Estate, Lagos Caught On Camera By Fishermen - Science/Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Dolphins Migrating Through Dolphin Estate, Lagos Caught On Camera By Fishermen (78645 Views)

Bayelsa Fisherman Using A Dolphin As Bait, Caught 10 Sharks In A Day (Photos) / Massacre Of 1,428 Dolphins In Faroe Island Sparks Global Outrage. / See This Strange Creature Captured By Fishermen In Malaysia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dolphins Migrating Through Dolphin Estate, Lagos Caught On Camera By Fishermen by RPG2020(m): 5:35pm On Jun 27, 2020
Forget this dolphins na bushmeat to them

Nigerian wey dey eat themselves go Yoruba land na everyday person dey miss
Re: Dolphins Migrating Through Dolphin Estate, Lagos Caught On Camera By Fishermen by StagethemTVee: 6:32pm On Jun 27, 2020
There is a shallow part of the ocean that is around the area where the estate is located. The dolphins swim through while migrating so its easy to spot them through the water because it is not deep. The estate was named after the dolphins that swim by the area.
AnanseK:

Dolphin Estate?

Are they living there? I mean the Dolphins.

Please excuse my ignorance, I don’t know Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Dolphins Migrating Through Dolphin Estate, Lagos Caught On Camera By Fishermen by StagethemTVee: 6:40pm On Jun 27, 2020
Are you deaf or blind? Did you not hear "throw am net, throw am net quickly". I guess nets are thrown in the sea by pilots for flying planes.
Codes151:
Stop posting thrash and misleading headlines.
This video was taken from a deck. There were no fishermen trying anything
Re: Dolphins Migrating Through Dolphin Estate, Lagos Caught On Camera By Fishermen by StagethemTVee: 6:42pm On Jun 27, 2020
The estate is "by" the sea not in the sea or otherwise. See attached map and note the blue areas.
nedekid:
Where is this area in dolphin Estate? There is no where with such water how much more dolphins in the estate.

Re: Dolphins Migrating Through Dolphin Estate, Lagos Caught On Camera By Fishermen by chukel(m): 6:45pm On Jun 27, 2020
Beautiful scenery
Re: Dolphins Migrating Through Dolphin Estate, Lagos Caught On Camera By Fishermen by flington4550(m): 7:26pm On Jun 27, 2020
People dey hungry una dey talk about nature protection.... Mtcheeew
Re: Dolphins Migrating Through Dolphin Estate, Lagos Caught On Camera By Fishermen by wickedtuna: 7:31pm On Jun 27, 2020
Pidginwhisper:
Dolphin is not a fish
Thanks for pointing that out. Dolphins are mammals and not fish.
Re: Dolphins Migrating Through Dolphin Estate, Lagos Caught On Camera By Fishermen by JastSiryin(m): 7:47pm On Jun 27, 2020
OLDESTWARRIBOY:
Hunger bad o and common sense no still common

See people papa wey no go hustle dem dey here dey find free fish

Tinubu and Ambode no try atall
Bros it's not hunger, it's just a bad habit that we've developed. Nigeria could be a paradise tomorrow, but without strong measures against such acts people would still do it. We just love making excuses

1 Like

Re: Dolphins Migrating Through Dolphin Estate, Lagos Caught On Camera By Fishermen by nedekid: 8:17pm On Jun 27, 2020
StagethemTVee:
The estate is "by" the sea not in the sea or otherwise. See attached map and note the blue areas.
Noted. But there is no mass of water around dolphin Estate for just canals and marshland. Part of the blue portion. On your pics is marshland. The have the lagoon part which I do not think is dolphin Estate.
I guess the OP meant Lagos lagoon or environs.
Google earth gives a better picture I think.

Re: Dolphins Migrating Through Dolphin Estate, Lagos Caught On Camera By Fishermen by Cleanman(m): 8:50pm On Jun 27, 2020
nedekid:

Noted. But there is no mass of water around dolphin Estate for just canals and marshland. Part of the blue portion. On your pics is marshland. The have the lagoon part which I do not think is dolphin Estate.
I guess the OP meant Lagos lagoon or environs.
Google earth gives a better picture I think.

There is a large mass of water(lagos lagoon) not too far from Dolphin estate.
wandering Dolphins,baby whales, sea lions, even sharks have been sighted around these places in past years.
This time the Dolphins were just many that came thru. Need more info, ask Island residents close to the ocean.

2 Likes

Re: Dolphins Migrating Through Dolphin Estate, Lagos Caught On Camera By Fishermen by Codes151(m): 8:54pm On Jun 27, 2020
StagethemTVee:
Are you deaf or blind? Did you not hear "throw am net, throw am net quickly". I guess nets are thrown in the sea by pilots for flying planes.
are you the op?
Eat a cow and stop blabbing.

I was there and it wasn’t in that context
Re: Dolphins Migrating Through Dolphin Estate, Lagos Caught On Camera By Fishermen by nedekid: 8:55pm On Jun 27, 2020
Cleanman:

There is a large mass of water(lagos lagoon) not too far from Dolphin estate.
wandering Dolphins,baby whales, sea lions, even sharks have been sighted around these places in past years.
This time the Dolphins were just many that came thru. Need more info, ask Island residents close to the ocean.
Thanks. Noted.
Re: Dolphins Migrating Through Dolphin Estate, Lagos Caught On Camera By Fishermen by StagethemTVee: 9:07pm On Jun 27, 2020
Were! Nairalanders, we have found the goat that wanted to jump in and catch a dolphin with his bare hands. Our very own Tarzan of the ocean!
Codes151:
are you the op?
Eat a cow and stop blabbing.

I was there and it wasn’t in that context
Re: Dolphins Migrating Through Dolphin Estate, Lagos Caught On Camera By Fishermen by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jun 27, 2020
princealexndre:
Those stuff Dey big sha
pls I’m a Student but currently school is Closed. Right now I’m just at home doing nothing which Annoys me, even Mum is Always bugging me to Find something doing...pls sir/ma if you have any Job for me I will be Indeed Grateful. My potential skill is Computer Hardware/software Repairs, I can operate any Computer or Electronic device. pls I don’t mind Any job at all as Long as I can make a Living on it and it’s within Lagos/Abuja.. thank you
My contact; zero eight one six seven eight seven three six two four

In your quest for a job be careful. Not everyone on Nairaland is Godly. There are many satanic agents here. Where ever you are offered job, let your parents and friends know the address and phone number. Stay safe.

3 Likes

Re: Dolphins Migrating Through Dolphin Estate, Lagos Caught On Camera By Fishermen by princealexndre(m): 11:24pm On Jun 27, 2020
WILLuKPquiet:

In your quest for a job be careful. Not everyone on Nairaland is Godly. There are many satanic agents here. Where ever you are offered job, let your parents and friends know the address and phone number. Stay safe.
Thank you very much, I’ll take note of that
Re: Dolphins Migrating Through Dolphin Estate, Lagos Caught On Camera By Fishermen by call4shola(m): 9:27am On Jun 28, 2020
This is naija
Re: Dolphins Migrating Through Dolphin Estate, Lagos Caught On Camera By Fishermen by BackToLife: 11:35am On Jun 28, 2020
Naija! Even using machine hack saw to cut the massive fish.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmO4fdY1Qr8
Re: Dolphins Migrating Through Dolphin Estate, Lagos Caught On Camera By Fishermen by SeriouslySense(m): 12:16pm On Jun 28, 2020
Yes, I admire Dolphins, they seem to have great intelligence too.
Dongreat:
Look at them, Savages. All they know about is food food food yet they still look malnourished. There are other fishes that they can fish for but no they chose the endangered dolphins. Fishes that are highly intelligent and shown to be helpful to humans but a average Nigerian think of nothing but his next meal. Chop chop everything yet them nor Dey get sense.

Ps dolphins are mammals and ain’t classified as fish
Re: Dolphins Migrating Through Dolphin Estate, Lagos Caught On Camera By Fishermen by adunmore(f): 12:59pm On Jun 28, 2020
everything na food for Africa, may God set us free from destructive ideology.
Re: Dolphins Migrating Through Dolphin Estate, Lagos Caught On Camera By Fishermen by profmallor: 1:39pm On Jun 28, 2020
Man is too destructive, just a stay at home for some months and nature resets itself in many climes.

1 Like

Re: Dolphins Migrating Through Dolphin Estate, Lagos Caught On Camera By Fishermen by VirginFinder: 9:28am On Jun 29, 2020
Ishilove:

And why do we need to hunt harmless creatures?

Because we have dominion over them. And they are good for food.... cool
Re: Dolphins Migrating Through Dolphin Estate, Lagos Caught On Camera By Fishermen by Nobody: 10:56am On Jun 29, 2020
VirginFinder:

Because we have dominion over them. And they are good for food.... cool
I don't blame you. I blame the dolphins for rescuing human beings, go catch now, by the time they bite bite you ehn. Tch chai.
Re: Dolphins Migrating Through Dolphin Estate, Lagos Caught On Camera By Fishermen by ololo12: 8:48am On Jun 30, 2020
Bunch of low IQ savages from the savage future! I spit on them. Must the black man eat everything??
Re: Dolphins Migrating Through Dolphin Estate, Lagos Caught On Camera By Fishermen by RuggedSniper: 4:12am On Sep 29, 2020
StagethemTVee:
Fishermen Trying To Catch Dolphins Migrating Through Dolphin Estate, Lagos

Dolphin estate is a popular residential estate in Lagos located by the sea . It is so named because it was a major route for dolphins migrating to the south African coast. The water was shallow enough for people to go in and pet the dolphins.

The Dolphins stopped coming because they were hunted. The recent lockdown which resulted in less ships and boats on the sea probably made them think its safe again but alas, they are still being hunted by these men recording the video.

You can hear the men directing someone to throw in a net. One of them said he would jump in and catch a dolphin with his bare hands. Why would anyone want to kill a dolphin? For food or what? Why can we learn to protect nature and its gifts to us?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgaxOpfdx9E

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Full Eclipse Of The Sun In Nigeria (Picture) / Cross River Gorillas At Mbe Mountains Captured On Camera (Photos, Video) / Indian Goat Gives Birth To ‘Humanoid Kid’ With Baby-Like Face (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.