Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

"I Left Only 52 Roads, Not 96" – Peter Obi Hits Back At Obiano - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Left Only 52 Roads, Not 96" – Peter Obi Hits Back At Obiano (3113 Views)

Words On The Street As Peter Obi Hits Lagos Today - Photos / Peter Obi Hits Redemption Camp, Receives Hero's Welcome (video) / Peter Obi Hits Back At Kwankwaso For Promotion Of Ethnicity/religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Left Only 52 Roads, Not 96" – Peter Obi Hits Back At Obiano by Apeshy101(m): 5:33pm On Jun 27, 2020
Former governor of Anambra State, Mr Peter Obi has refuted the claims made by Gov. Obiano that he inherited 96 road projects from Peter Obi in 2014 when he came into power.

Reacting to the claim, Chief Joe-Martins Uzodike who was the commissioner for Information under Obi and Campaign Director General that brought Obiano into power in 2014 said it was only 52 roads and not 96 uncompleted road projects that was handed over to Obiano.

He went further to state that all the 52 uncompleted road projects were all paid for and that Obi was not owing any contractor as at the time he handed power over to gov Obiano.

Obiano had in a video posted by James Eze claimed that he inherited 96 uncompleted road projects from his predecessor and that he has completed about 51 out of the 96.

According to Joe-Martins, he stated that only about 5% of the 52 roads have been completed by gov Obiano.

He said: “I do not know why they decided to double the number, but my interest is to correct factual details.

“It is on record, and I have the records, that Obi inherited 13 roads from Ngige which he completed, went on to construct 230 completed roads and left 52 for Obiano, out of which I am aware he has not done up to 5%.

“Even at that, before he left, Obi paid all the contractors and suppliers for the certificates they generated, which means he did not owe a single contractor.

“If as the Director-General of his campaign in 2013, he could abandon the Nkolifia (Awka-Etiti)-St. Peter Clever-Abada Junction road that passed my house and remained less than 100 metres to complete, which road do you think he completed?”

On the claim that the roads Obiano inherited from Obi are liabilities, Uzodike said: “I have followed the debate on road, where they tried in vain to categorised roads yet to be done as liabilities.

“I am waiting to see how he will end, because, beyond their lies, Obiano has not completed up to 5% of the roads he inherited from Obi, has not evidently done 10% of the roads he flagged of himself in different towns and will surely not achieve 12% by the time he will hand over.

“The way it is now, there is hardly a town in the state that does not have a road flagged of without mobilisation or a trip of sand tipped on it.”

He went on to list the 52 Roads as follows;
1. Amansea - Ndiukwuenu - Okpeze- Amaeteiti- Awgbu Road Phase 1
2. Amansea - Ndiukwuenu - Okpeze- Amaeteiti- Awgbu Road and bridge
3. Amansea - Ndiukwuenu (Phase 1 & 2)
4. Reconstruction of Amawbia to Amansea Federal Road
5. Reconstruction of Onitsha - Atani-Osammala-Ogwuikpele road
6. Amansea-Ebenebe-Ugbenu-Ugbene-Awba Ofemili Road
7. Nkolifia(Awka-Etiti)-St. Peter Clever-Abada Junction road (remaining less than 100 meters)
8. Construction of Achina-Oneh- Agbudu- Ogboji
9. Atani - Ozubulu Roads Part 1 Km 0+000 -5+560
10. Reconstruction of Anambra State Integrated Livestock Farm Nkwelle Ezunaka
11. Reconstruction of Ichida-Azibgo-Amichi-Osumenyi-Akwaihedi Road
12. Extension of Ekwulobia - Nkpologwu - Akpo - Achina -Umuchu Road
13. Reconstruction of Isuofia - Umuona - Nanka Road with Spur.
14. Reconstruction of Aguluzigbo Roads
15. Construction of Ogboefere via Obodoukwu Junction by Onitsha
16. Reconstruction of Abube Square Nando- Afor - Igbariam(Additional Road Spur to Nkwo Nando Square)
17. Construction of Access Road to Civil Servants Housing Estate,Isiagu
18. Construction of Abba - Ifitedunu Road, Njikoka/Dunukofia LGA
19. Construction of Udeaja Junction- Affia Nkwo Market - Urezi Road, Ozubulu, Ekwusigo LGA
20. Reconstruction of Omor - Umumbo Road Ayamelum Local Government Area
21. Construction of Ozzu Umunachi Road
22. Construction of Ugwunwasike - Azu Ogbunike - Amawa - Osile - Ifite - Umueri - St Monica - College Road
23. Reonstruction of Access Road to AUSCO farms Ltd Agu – Awka
24. Construction of Nteje- Umunya Road
25. Reconstruction of Enugu/ Anambra State Boundary- Agu Awka Road
26. Construction of Jetty/ Roads within the Naval Base and Roads Between Atani Roads.
27. Reconstruction of Goodwill Road Okpuno Awka
28. Construction of Nnamdi Azikiwe Teaching Hospital Neni- Adazi Ani Road
29. . Bishop Okonkwo Road (Ichi) to Nkwo Edo Market and Emeka Okwuosa/Emeka Offor Road to St Michael Secondary School Ozubulu/ NAUTH Road Junction
30. Construction of Ideani-Uke- Umuoji Road and Bridge
31. Construction of Access Roads at the Greenwood City, Awka
32. Reconstruction of Bida Road and Okwei Street Onitsha24. Reconstruction of Umudioka to Ogbunike Cave Road with Spur to Girls Secondary School Umudioka (St. Kizito Girls Secondary)
33. Reconstruction of Ekwulobia Ezinifite Road
34. Reconstruction of Abube Square Nando - Afor Igbariam Road.
35. Construction of ABS Awka Road to Governors Lodge,Ring Road,Road Widening Parking Lot
36. Nkwo Market Square - Umuoji Micro Finance Bank Ekeagu Abatete Road
37. Construction of Okpuno - Urum - Amanuke - Achalla Road with spur to Paul University Science School
38. Asaba Express Road with spur to C.Uba Close Niger Bridge Head Industrial Layout Ogbaru
39. Construction of G.O. Ibekwe Road Off Kenneth Dike Library Okpuno
40. Construction of Onwurah - Ogechukwu Road Awka
41. Completion of St. Mary’s Uruagu Nnewi-Nkwo Edo Oraifite.
42. Mmili Ele through Ezekwuabo-St. Thomas with a spur Linking Lasalle Road to University Road/Police Station-Akabo Road with a spur to Eme Court Road
43. Idemili Market-Ikuku Road Junction / Madonna Church-St. Marys Church/St Marys-Idemeka/Old Obiaja Court To Igwe Ezekwem Road Nnokwa, Nwafor Ifite to Nnewi Road, Obodo Akpa-Dimukwu Ume Junction
44. Nnobi-Udide-Nnewichi Road/NEPA to Eke Umuafo/Nnobi Girls to Ebe Obodo Oha
45. Landers Guest-House Ichie-Igbobuenyi-Igwe Obibuenyi Union Bus Stop-Nkwo Nkwo Road
46. Amuko-Ezeogidi Road-Park Road-Muodile Road/Hillary Unachukwu Road-Anglican Girls - St. Mary Road-Osakwe Road-Ugedo Road
47. Construction of Ukpor - Umunuko - Nza Ozubulu Road
48. Construction of Igboukwu - Ekwulumili Road by Grand Star.
49. Construction of Oye Neni - Adazi Nnukwu - Akwaeze - Igboukwu Road
50. Completion of Esther Obiakor Dual Carriageway and spur to Stream, Awka.
51. Construction of Metu Road Nnewi
52. Extension of Ekwulobia - Nkpologwu - Akpo - Achina -Umuchu Road.

https://www.news9naija.com.ng/2020/06/27/i-left-only-52-roads-and-not-96-obi-challenges-obiano/

2 Likes

Re: "I Left Only 52 Roads, Not 96" – Peter Obi Hits Back At Obiano by FreakDesign: 5:34pm On Jun 27, 2020
Whats the difference?

2 Likes

Re: "I Left Only 52 Roads, Not 96" – Peter Obi Hits Back At Obiano by DamnnNiggarr: 5:37pm On Jun 27, 2020
Peter, my nan

3 Likes

Re: "I Left Only 52 Roads, Not 96" – Peter Obi Hits Back At Obiano by slivertongue: 5:47pm On Jun 27, 2020
obiano sud face his front

4 Likes

Re: "I Left Only 52 Roads, Not 96" – Peter Obi Hits Back At Obiano by SmartProf(m): 5:49pm On Jun 27, 2020
96-52=44. Obiano take note of the excess figure, so that we can rest. Because before we voted, we didn't rest, after we voted, we aren't still resting, it's like we will stop voting and electing political office holders in Nigeria. Let all heads of families in Nigeria be given federal allocation so that they can take care of their households directly, maybe then we will rest

2 Likes

Re: "I Left Only 52 Roads, Not 96" – Peter Obi Hits Back At Obiano by Dealvault: 5:50pm On Jun 27, 2020
Ok
Re: "I Left Only 52 Roads, Not 96" – Peter Obi Hits Back At Obiano by Staro: 6:32pm On Jun 27, 2020

Peter Obi is a man of facts and figures.

This man has proven to be the most
prepared Nigerian for Presidency.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Left Only 52 Roads, Not 96" – Peter Obi Hits Back At Obiano by Fasindo: 6:35pm On Jun 27, 2020
shocked

Willie Obiano kpachala anya makana ukpana okpoko gburu nti chiri ya

1 Like

Re: "I Left Only 52 Roads, Not 96" – Peter Obi Hits Back At Obiano by ChimaAdeoye: 6:40pm On Jun 27, 2020
FreakDesign:
Whats the difference?

I'm not sure Peter Obi made this statement.

Everybody knows that Obiano has gone ahead to complete roads Obi awarded. In the end, if the roads are built, anyone with the interest of Anambra at heart will be happy.

Even the Agulu hotel which was started by Obi, was completed by Obiano in contrast to the behavior of Nigerian governors. For instance, The Enugu international conference center which was about 95% completed by Chimaroke Nnamani administration has been abandoned by subsequent regimes for more than 15 years now.

6 Likes

Re: "I Left Only 52 Roads, Not 96" – Peter Obi Hits Back At Obiano by MICHEALADEX(m): 7:14pm On Jun 27, 2020
Why pay fully for 59 uncompleted projects in the first place?

Is that a good leader?

The south east lack good leader

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Left Only 52 Roads, Not 96" – Peter Obi Hits Back At Obiano by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jun 27, 2020
MICHEALADEX:

Is that a good leader?

Cash out before they leave that is why. They award contracts to their personal companies.

3 Likes

Re: "I Left Only 52 Roads, Not 96" – Peter Obi Hits Back At Obiano by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jun 27, 2020
Reacting to the claim, Chief Joe-Martins Uzodike who was the commissioner for Information under Obi and Campaign Director General that brought Obiano into power in 2014 said it was only 52 roads and not 96 uncompleted road projects that was handed over to Obiano.

He went further to state that all the 52 uncompleted road projects were all paid for and that Obi was not owing any contractor as at the time he handed power over to gov Obiano.

When people stand with Obi, there is a reason why..

6 Likes

Re: "I Left Only 52 Roads, Not 96" – Peter Obi Hits Back At Obiano by Dpharisee: 7:24pm On Jun 27, 2020
You can't beat Peter Obi when it comes to record keeping, I recall a post here when he was accused of tax default before the 2019 elections, he personally went to the tax office with tax receipts dating back to 1980, the young lady who was in charge had to ask him for forgiveness, many of us who saw that thread marvelled at his meticulousness grin angry

Obi will give Obiano the payment receipts from those contractors as he claims, he has never been known to make statements he cannot back up with facts

9 Likes

Re: "I Left Only 52 Roads, Not 96" – Peter Obi Hits Back At Obiano by Peterobi90: 7:29pm On Jun 27, 2020
With all due respect sir, you did not include Ufuma road... that road was constructed during your tenure, please include it to make it 53.

2 Likes

Re: "I Left Only 52 Roads, Not 96" – Peter Obi Hits Back At Obiano by JAMO84: 7:40pm On Jun 27, 2020
Obi wanted to be god father but Obiano clipped his wings and chased him out of APGA. Obi is now wingless, he cannot fly just like the bird on Twitter logo.

Do not mention me because...

I AM DONE TALKING

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Left Only 52 Roads, Not 96" – Peter Obi Hits Back At Obiano by Decibel: 7:43pm On Jun 27, 2020
My brother Akpokuedike biko jili ya nwayo. That your osodiezu
of a wife called Ebele is the problem we have in Anambra.

3 Likes

Re: "I Left Only 52 Roads, Not 96" – Peter Obi Hits Back At Obiano by Villagemeat: 7:45pm On Jun 27, 2020
JAMO84:
Obi wanted to be god father but Obiano clipped his wings and chased him out of APGA. Obi is now wingless, he cannot fly just like the bird on Twitter logo.

Do not mention me because...

I AM DONE TALKING
Much kid in Nairaland this days

2 Likes

Re: "I Left Only 52 Roads, Not 96" – Peter Obi Hits Back At Obiano by nzeobi(m): 8:27pm On Jun 27, 2020
The only thing Willie is good at is drinking alcohol and womanising. Many complain that Buhari travels a lot but forgot that Willie has spent more time outside Nigeria than buhari.

A drunk who squandered the resources bequeathed to him with nothing to show for it is now looking for who to blame. The thing on the average you can hardly point 15 roads started and complete by Willie and his wife oso di eti pia.

Even umunamehi road in ihiala connecting uli and many more roads in ihiala have been abandoned.

Believe me when Willie leaves office, he will be rated side by side with mbadinuju because he came into office unprepared and only good in paying Victor Umeh monthly and drinking kai kai.
. Very useless Willie taking electricity from awka the state capital to his village aguleri.

2 Likes

Re: "I Left Only 52 Roads, Not 96" – Peter Obi Hits Back At Obiano by ejanla077: 8:38pm On Jun 27, 2020
Apeshy101:
Former governor of Anambra State, Mr Peter Obi has refuted the claims made by Gov. Obiano that he inherited 96 road projects from Peter Obi in 2014 when he came into power.

Obiano had in a video posted by James Eze claimed that he inherited 96 uncompleted road projects from his predecessor and that he has completed about 51 out of the 96.

According to Joe-Martins, he stated that only about 5% of the 52 roads have been completed by gov Obiano.

He said: “I do not know why they decided to double the number, but my interest is to correct factual details.

“It is on record, and I have the records, that Obi inherited 13 roads from Ngige which he completed, went on to construct 230 completed roads and left 52 for Obiano, out of which I am aware he has not done up to 5%.

“Even at that, before he left, Obi paid all the contractors and suppliers for the certificates they generated, which means he did not owe a single contractor.

“If as the Director-General of his campaign in 2013, he could abandon the Nkolifia (Awka-Etiti)-St. Peter Clever-Abada Junction road that passed my house and remained less than 100 metres to complete, which road do you think he completed?”

On the claim that the roads Obiano inherited from Obi are liabilities, Uzodike said: “I have followed the debate on road, where they tried in vain to categorised roads yet to be done as liabilities.

“I am waiting to see how he will end, because, beyond their lies, Obiano has not completed up to 5% of the roads he inherited from Obi, has not evidently done 10% of the roads he flagged of himself in different towns and will surely not achieve 12% by the time he will hand over.

“The way it is now, there is hardly a town in the state that does not have a road flagged of without mobilisation or a trip of sand tipped on it.”

https://www.news9naija.com.ng/2020/06/27/i-left-only-52-roads-and-not-96-obi-challenges-obiano/

I can confirm

Nkolifia(Awka-Etiti)-St. Peter Clever-Abada Junction road (remaining less than 100 meters)

Dis road remain just 100 metres but obiano wickedness didn't let them finish..

Osakwe Road-Ugedo Road

Dis road would have opened up a new location for Nnewi and ojoto... But it was abandoned the moment obi stepped down

1 Like

Re: "I Left Only 52 Roads, Not 96" – Peter Obi Hits Back At Obiano by mightyokwy(m): 8:40pm On Jun 27, 2020
Obi is not a man to toy with. He will confront you with facts and figure. In a sane country, people like Obi would have been voted in as the president.

2 Likes

Re: "I Left Only 52 Roads, Not 96" – Peter Obi Hits Back At Obiano by mightyokwy(m): 8:42pm On Jun 27, 2020
nzeobi:
The only thing Willie is good at is drinking alcohol and womanising. Many complain that Buhari travels a lot but forgot that Willie has spent more time outside Nigeria than buhari.

A drunk who squandered the resources bequeathed to him with nothing to show for it is now looking for who to blame. The thing on the average you can hardly point 15 roads started and complete by Willie and his wife oso di eti pia.

Even umunamehi road in ihiala connecting uli and many more roads in ihiala have been abandoned.

Believe me when Willie leaves office, he will be rated side by side with mbadinuju.
Noth only that one. The one linking Isseke, Mbosi to Azia is also abadoned. The guy is just a joker

1 Like

Re: "I Left Only 52 Roads, Not 96" – Peter Obi Hits Back At Obiano by Ogegeodey(m): 8:47pm On Jun 27, 2020
Interesting
Re: "I Left Only 52 Roads, Not 96" – Peter Obi Hits Back At Obiano by Doubleoh7: 9:38pm On Jun 27, 2020
MICHEALADEX:

Is that a good leader?

RuudVanNisteroy:

Cash out before they leave that is why. They award contracts to their personal companies.

You guys might need to find out how government road projects are executed and paid for by government. Projects especially road constructions have completion milestones assigned and for each of those milestones attained, the contractor would invite the ministry of works engineers who would come inspect and attest that the contractor has indeed completed such milestone and a work completion certificate will be issued such contractor. The contractor armed with this certificate can then approach the government to be paid. Read the article again and see where he said he fully paid for all work completion certificates issued before the end of his tenure.

3 Likes

Re: "I Left Only 52 Roads, Not 96" – Peter Obi Hits Back At Obiano by Tuska: 9:38pm On Jun 27, 2020
ChimaAdeoye:

I'm not sure Peter Obi made this statement.

Everybody knows that Obiano has gone ahead to complete roads Obi awarded. In the end, if the roads are built, anyone with the interest of Anambra at heart will be happy.

Even the Agulu hotel which was started by Obi, was completed by Obiano in contrast to the behavior of Nigerian governors. For instance, The Enugu international conference center which was about 95% completed by Chimaroke Nnamani administration has been abandoned by subsequent regimes for more than 15 years now.

Did you read where it was said that the road were paid for completely? The man gave the names for verification.

1 Like

Re: "I Left Only 52 Roads, Not 96" – Peter Obi Hits Back At Obiano by Tuska: 9:39pm On Jun 27, 2020
MICHEALADEX:

Is that a good leader?

That is excellent leadership. What is left is monitoring?
Re: "I Left Only 52 Roads, Not 96" – Peter Obi Hits Back At Obiano by Tuska: 9:41pm On Jun 27, 2020
Peterobi90:
With all due respect sir, you did not include Ufuma road... that road was constructed during your tenure, please include it to make it 53.

The road mentioned is the ones left to Obinno to supervise to completion and commission.
Re: "I Left Only 52 Roads, Not 96" – Peter Obi Hits Back At Obiano by Tuska: 9:45pm On Jun 27, 2020
ejanla077:

I can confirm

Nkolifia(Awka-Etiti)-St. Peter Clever-Abada Junction road (remaining less than 100 meters)

Dis road remain just 100 metres but obiano wickedness didn't let them finish.

Osakwe Road-Ugedo Road

Dis road would have opened up a new location for Nnewi and photo... But it was abandoned the moment obi stepped down

Obi said he has paid for the road. The contractors need to be arrested and prosecuted for corruption and embezzlement.

1 Like

Re: "I Left Only 52 Roads, Not 96" – Peter Obi Hits Back At Obiano by mrhowoto: 10:22pm On Jun 27, 2020
Doubleoh7:

You guys might need to find out how government road projects are executed and paid for by government. Projects especially road constructions have completion milestones assigned and for each of those milestones attained, the contractor would invite the ministry of works engineers who would come inspect and attest that the contractor has indeed completed such milestone and a work completion certificate will be issued such contractor. The contractor armed with this certificate can then approach the government to be paid. Read the article again and see where he said he fully paid for all work completion certificates issued before the end of his tenure.

1 Like

Re: "I Left Only 52 Roads, Not 96" – Peter Obi Hits Back At Obiano by Ebenezer202O: 10:24pm On Jun 27, 2020
Staro:

Peter Obi is a man of facts and figures.
This man has proven to be the most prepared Nigerian for Presidency.

keep quiet my friend. stop supporting corruption

1 Like

Re: "I Left Only 52 Roads, Not 96" – Peter Obi Hits Back At Obiano by nduprincekc(m): 10:25pm On Jun 27, 2020
Nawao

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Restates Commitment To Youth-Friendly Programmes / Government Know The Sponsor Of Bokoharam, I Will Tell The Truth No Fear Of Death / Borno: Photos Of ISWAP Attack On Troops, Civilians In Rann

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.