Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,254 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:50 AM

Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? (25741 Views)

My Favorite Author Just Replied My Email / Today, The Author Of ‘eze Goes To School’ Died / I Read In The Bathroom - Dami Ajayi, Author Of A Woman's Body Is A Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by luminouz(m): 7:48pm On Jun 28, 2020
bluefilm:

Evergreen wetin?!

In this computer and digital age, apart of the fingerprint technology, all other method of solving crimes that James Hadley Chase elaborately tried to describe will not even count in our world today.

Your opinion. cheesy

And fela's songs weren't all about tech.Sometimes, all you need to be great is a good story. J.K Rowlings is an example
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by Thesameabdul: 7:49pm On Jun 28, 2020
Robert lodlum
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by SweetCunt97(f): 7:49pm On Jun 28, 2020
Sirheny007:

If you knew what it cost me to get the website!
I paid money to a bookclub to me the site. If you want the site too, send me a pm and i'd give it to you.
Thank you. It wouldn't remove anything from u now though.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by pauladonis(m): 7:49pm On Jun 28, 2020
Mine is Paschal Valuetrade10x... Dude wrote a great book on how to partner with BTC traders and make money. I've got a link in my signature if you want to see what I'm talking about.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by skukimania(f): 7:51pm On Jun 28, 2020
maeola:

You forgot to add Dean Koontz, John Saul, H.P Lovecraft cool

I don't know about them. Are they horror writers too?
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by Biodun1929(m): 7:51pm On Jun 28, 2020
Kayode Odusanya
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by madridsta007(m): 7:51pm On Jun 28, 2020
BankyGee:
Literature Titans!
Who is your favourite author of all time? Foriegn or Local.

For me, Rene Raymond Brabazon a.k.a James Hadley Chase is my favorite author of ALL time!

He's the crowned KING of all thriller writers!

50 of his book have been made into films!
He's a legend. He's my mentor!

Keep the comments rolling in!

Tough to say because I have read countless of books, fiction and non-fiction.
The one who will come close has to be Chinua Achebe.
Equipped me with the important sociological tools to navigate my way as black man in what is a conflicting world.
From his books, I come into a space and I am ready- unnerved, knowledgeable and human. Your writing must impact my worldview and positively shape it.
Then the prose in his books are everything.

Others worthy of mention would include James Baldwin, Toni Morrison, Arundhati Roy, Dan Brown, Robert Ludlum.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 7:52pm On Jun 28, 2020
hipswrites:
1. Sydney Sheldon
2.Chimamander,
3.Hilary Clinton

Osinor Chima gịnị?

Chimamander ko, Salamander ni

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by NisforNicky: 7:53pm On Jun 28, 2020
SweetCunt97:
But what stops you from dropping the name here? Scared it will crash?

abi o
hmmmn
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by souLDrivemusic(m): 7:54pm On Jun 28, 2020
E W Kenyon of course!
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by wunaESQ(m): 7:54pm On Jun 28, 2020
CHINUA ACHEBE.. (LOCAL) GEORGE OWELL (FOREIGN)
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by bluefilm: 7:56pm On Jun 28, 2020
luminouz:

Your opinion. cheesy

And fela's songs weren't all about tech.Sometimes, all you need to be great is a good story. J.K Rowlings is an example

When it comes to songs, the issue of a work of art being evergreen is so much appreciated.

To tell you the truth, I prefer listening to eighties and nineties music than the nonsense that davido and co are singing today.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by Adewale1603(m): 7:58pm On Jun 28, 2020
J.R.R Tolkien. The lord of the rings. the hobbits
William shakespeare. macbeth, merchant of venice, As you like it, King lear, Hamlet

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by Cypherfx: 7:58pm On Jun 28, 2020
Napoleon Hill
Wallace D. Wattles
Bob Proctor
Mike modock
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by petsolo115: 7:59pm On Jun 28, 2020
Sydney Sheldon and Chinua achebe
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jun 28, 2020
Robert kiyasoki
David icke
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by ajebuter(f): 8:00pm On Jun 28, 2020
mii4u:

But u forgot to add James Hadley Chase for me, well all u listed are my favourite + Hadley Chase

I read most of James Hardley Chase and Barbara Cartland when I was in my early teens..

And now i'm in my late 40s..

I believe I have read all his books.. cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by tsspsolutions: 8:00pm On Jun 28, 2020
ajebuter:
Jackie Collins : Hlollywood Wives, Hollywood Husbands, The World is Full of Divorced Women, Rock Star, Lucky, Chances, Lady Boss, Lucky Vendatta, Dangerous Kiss, Hollywood Kids, Hollywood Divorce, The Stud, The World is Full of Married Men,

Sidney Sheldon : If Tomorrow Comes, Rage of an Angel, Master of the Game, Noonday Conspiracy, Naked Face, The Other Side of Midnight, Bloodline, Memories of Midnight, The Stars Shine Down, Stranger in the Mirror...

Danielle Steel: ( Daddy, Zoya, Malice, Lightning, Story of Nick,

John Grisham : The Street Lawyer, Pelican Brief, The Firm,

Jeffery Archer: Kane and Abel,

Other great authors are: Sandra Brown, Dean Koontz, Stephen King, Barbara Kartland, Robert Ludlum, Dan Brown,

Wow! I love reading!

I love reading too but unfortunately, the advent of smart phones has taken the will power to read novels away from me.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by tsspsolutions: 8:02pm On Jun 28, 2020
Sirheny007:
This is akin to asking a father to choose which among his sons he loves best. A paterfamilias worth his salt will not do that.
I will list 5 of my favorite authors of all times.

1. Lawrence Block
2. James Hardley Chase (Renee Brabazon)
3. Peter Cheyney
4. Chinua Achebe
5. Dan Brown

This list can alternate anyhow and I would not mind

Ps: James Hardly Chase wrote 153 books and I have read all of them!

MODIFIED: I am surprized no one has mentioned Agatha Christie!! The most published author on the face of the earth dead or alive

Wow! You've read all Hadley Chase novels? You really try oh. My count should be between 60 - 70.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by ajebuter(f): 8:03pm On Jun 28, 2020
tsspsolutions:

I love reading too but unfortunately, the advent of smart phones has taken the will power to read novels away from me.

Same here.... But I still find time to read and 'initiate people' into reading... grin grin
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by ajebuter(f): 8:05pm On Jun 28, 2020
tsspsolutions:

Wow! You've read all Hadley Chase novels? You really try oh. My count should be between 60 - 70.

I read most of Hardley Chase in the early 80s..

With the real paper back, not the pirated copies sold now..

He's the best detective and crime busting novelist I know..

And with the most exotic location and setting for his novels too

Reading his crime novels will take you to everywhere in the world..

Just like Sydney Sheldon

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by olisaEze(m): 8:05pm On Jun 28, 2020
Terry Goodkind, author of Sword Of Truth series. Adapted into a flop of a series called Legend Of The Seeker.

Harlan Corben, the twists and turns in his books will keep you guessing till the last page.

L Ron Hubbard, author of Mission Earth and also founder of the church of Scientology.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by BarrElChapo(m): 8:07pm On Jun 28, 2020
Robert Ludlum Every time Any time Anyday.. He is the man behind the "Jason Bourne" Thriller series. But my best book of his is Apocalypse watch.. 700 pages of pure action.. been over 10 years I read it but I love it !

Other notable mentions
Hardly Chase.. have read at least 50 of his books.
John Grisham.. I've read 21 of his.
Dan Brown
Sue Grafton (Alphabet thriller series)
Eric van lustbader
Patricia cornwell
James Patterson
Mary Higgins Clark
David Baldacci
Sidney Sheldon
Mario Puzo
Etc etc smiley

They're too many to mention but these days I read more spiritual books..
Kenneth E Hagin
Bishop Oyedepo
E.W Kenyon

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by etrange: 8:10pm On Jun 28, 2020
Gentle0wavez:
William Shakespeare and Professor Wole Soyinka are my best playwrights, Edgar Allan Poe is my best poet. I don't read novels much so I don't have a best novelist but The picture of Dorian Grey by Oscar Wilde and the Alchemist Coelho Paulo are my best novels. My worst Novels ever are The old man and the sea by Earnest Hemingway and No longer at ease by Chinua Achebe. These books traumatized me from reading novels again, I hate them Sooooo much.

Dan Brown
Mary Higgins Clark
Daniel Steel
Sidney Sheldon

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by vivaciousvivi(f): 8:10pm On Jun 28, 2020
ajebuter:
Jackie Collins : Hlollywood Wives, Hollywood Husbands, The World is Full of Divorced Women, Rock Star, Lucky, Chances, Lady Boss, Lucky Vendatta, Dangerous Kiss, Hollywood Kids, Hollywood Divorce, The Stud, The World is Full of Married Men,

Sidney Sheldon : If Tomorrow Comes, Rage of an Angel, Master of the Game, Noonday Conspiracy, Naked Face, The Other Side of Midnight, Bloodline, Memories of Midnight, The Stars Shine Down, Stranger in the Mirror...

Danielle Steel: ( Daddy, Zoya, Malice, Lightning, Story of Nick,

John Grisham : The Street Lawyer, Pelican Brief, The Firm,

Jeffery Archer: Kane and Abel, The Prodigal Daughter

Other great authors are: Sandra Brown, Dean Koontz, Stephen King, Barbara Kartland, Robert Ludlum, Dan Brown,

Wow! I love reading!
You are like my book twin!
Remove Danielle Steel and add Agatha Christie and sprinkle in some Harold Robbins, Robert Ludlum and Stephen King plus your list and I am good to go!!! cheesy

Do you prefer hardcopy or soft?

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by Friendlyjoe: 8:11pm On Jun 28, 2020
Sirheny007:

Send me a Pm via mail so I can give you a site.
There is no book written on the face of the earth that you cannot get there (As long as the author is recognized internationally)
Type in the name of the book (must be spelt correctly) on the search bar in the website and the available E-format would come up.
Then you download.

I always prefer the E-pub format because I have an app called supreader installed on my phone where I read with ease.

Whats the site bro?
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by ajebuter(f): 8:11pm On Jun 28, 2020
vivaciousvivi:

Remove Danielle Steel and add Agatha Christie and sprinkle in some Harold Robbins and Stephen King plus your list and I am good to go!!! cheesy

Hardcopy for reference..

And in case I want to force someone apathetic to novel to start reading

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by Mylovelife: 8:12pm On Jun 28, 2020
goldony:
1.Chinua Achebe- things fall.apart
2.Margaret Imokhuede
3..Elechi Amadi- Isiburu
3.James H chase-an ace up my sleeve
4. Danielle steele- star, daddy
5. Robert Ludlum- borne ultimatum,
6. One week one trouble

I love the novel STAR
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by Mylovelife: 8:14pm On Jun 28, 2020
etrange:

Dan Brown
Mary Higgins Clark
Daniel Steel
Sidney Sheldon

Its like people really don't know this author Mary Higgins Clark. I love all her novels.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by mimimile93: 8:14pm On Jun 28, 2020
Mine is IbrahimSkiba
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by ajebuter(f): 8:14pm On Jun 28, 2020
vivaciousvivi:

Remove Danielle Steel and add Agatha Christie and sprinkle in some Harold Robbins, Robert Ludlum and Stephen King plus your list and I am good to go!!! cheesy

Agatha Christine and James Hardley Chase... My teenage books

Harrold Robbins writes exactly like Jackie Colins..

Page turners, all of them..
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by Sirheny007(m): 8:14pm On Jun 28, 2020
Friendlyjoe:

Whats the site bro?

Send me a pm

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

I Self-Published A Book! Thank You Nairaland / As You Lay Your Bed, So You Lie On It. / My University Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.