Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? (25811 Views)

My Favorite Author Just Replied My Email / Today, The Author Of ‘eze Goes To School’ Died / I Read In The Bathroom - Dami Ajayi, Author Of A Woman's Body Is A Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by jaywhoco(m): 10:50pm On Jun 28, 2020
Gramps:
Yuval Noah Harari
Malcolm Gladwell
Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
Harper Lee grin grin

I don't think I will ever have favourite author of all time embarassed
to kill a mockingbird, Harper Lee
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by Chidiiro: 10:50pm On Jun 28, 2020
Chinua Achebe,William Shakespeare, Ngugi,Hardley Chase and Sir Henry Rider......I love Leo Tolsoy too,he's work depicts realism!
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by jaywhoco(m): 10:51pm On Jun 28, 2020
azimibraun:
Cyprian Ekwensi
Chinua Achebe
Ngugi Wa Thiongo
James Handey Chase
Mario Puzo
get one wey i dey try remember na Naija woman
Eheh!!!!

Flora Nwankpa.
weep not child,Ngugi Wa Thiongo

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by SouthPaw24(m): 10:51pm On Jun 28, 2020
I've really learnt a lot from this thread. Seen a few authors I've never paid much attention to like Fagunwa and Khalil Gibran, and I was reminded of some others that I promised to catch up on like Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Solzhenitsyn, Tolstoy, etc.

One author I've not seen mentioned here is Gabriel Garcia Marquez. His unique style of writing earned him the Nobel Prize for Literature in '82. I read one of his novels last year, One Hundred Years of Solitude. It was a whole experience. Kinda bordered on insanity at some point. I don't want to say much. It's a worthy read and he's worthy author. He deserves a mention in this topic.

[It's even crazier when you consider the fact that his works were originally written in Spanish and later translated]

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by babtoundey(m): 10:53pm On Jun 28, 2020
Gentle0wavez:
William Shakespeare and Professor Wole Soyinka are my best playwrights, Edgar Allan Poe is my best poet. I don't read novels much so I don't have a best novelist but The picture of Dorian Grey by Oscar Wilde and the Alchemist Coelho Paulo are my best novels. My worst Novels ever are The old man and the sea by Earnest Hemingway and No longer at ease by Chinua Achebe. These books traumatized me from reading novels again, I hate them Sooooo much.

Guy, you studied Theatre Arts?

By the way, your best playwrights are my favorites. I will ways remember reading "Alchemist", "The Picture of Dorian Grey", Arms and the man, Tartuffe, The Importance of Being Earnest, The Father, Miss Julia, Riders to the Sea and lots of Shakespeares, Ola Rotimi, Soyinka and many more African and non-African dramatists.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by gowonmaharajah(m): 10:53pm On Jun 28, 2020
Aabid surti.
Arthur Hailey
Orson Scott card.

Bayo Adebowale.
Bolaji abdulahi.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by gowonmaharajah(m): 11:13pm On Jun 28, 2020
CwazyBlaqGal:
Steven King
"Stephen"
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by Sherry101: 11:13pm On Jun 28, 2020
Mario Puzo- the godfather, the last don and fools die. David yallop- in God's name
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by ume1000: 11:17pm On Jun 28, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Real niggarrrz don't do those novel, literature and story book Shit
They are for pussy asss niggarrrs
Real niggarrrz read real books that has meaning to life like maths, chemistry, statistics and dynamics, engineering mathematics, physics, machine language ( programming)

only rigid , dunce and unstable people hate to read novels
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by Preator: 11:25pm On Jun 28, 2020
In no particular order

1. Isaac Asimov
2. Agatha Christie
3. Sidney Sheldon
4. D. O Fagunwa
5. Banjo Akinlabi
6. Nora Roberts
7.Tom Clancy
8. Dale Brown
9. Wilbur Smith
10. Terry Goodkind

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by Asiri1991: 11:28pm On Jun 28, 2020
Sirheny007:

I have read all Dan Brown's work. He's a great one. He is also on my own list.
I just wanted to clear up an impression when you described Dan Brown as the grandfather of Mystery. I wanted you to know that "The grandmaster of mystery" is actually a "title" given to Lawrence Block by the American Mystery writers association.

Nedi Okafor and John Christopher should be among mystery makers.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by dasanchez1(m): 11:32pm On Jun 28, 2020
Bornfool:

Bro no dey compare me with saxy4c I still bi amateur trader unlike you
just negodu... Amateur bawo.. I'm still a beginner following the ways of the wise.. that Forex thread na goldmine seriously.. Still on demo though. cry cry
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by Dannyko: 11:32pm On Jun 28, 2020
Danielle Steel! I'm currently reading one of her latest books, 'The Dark Side'.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by kunzyomi(m): 11:33pm On Jun 28, 2020
Greatelly:

The harry potter lady is J K Rowling
Thanks
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by gowonmaharajah(m): 11:42pm On Jun 28, 2020
guys,please check this book out.Sufi:the invincible man of mumbai underworld by Aabid surti
you will so fall in love with it
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by Mastakija(m): 11:46pm On Jun 28, 2020
hipswrites:
1. Sydney Sheldon 2.Chimamander, 3.Hilary Clinton
chimamanDer... really

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by Slimpotter(m): 11:47pm On Jun 28, 2020
J.K Rowling Dan Brown Nnedi Okoroafor Robert Ludlum John Grisham
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by fakuta(f): 11:50pm On Jun 28, 2020
Dan brown
Sydney Shelton
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by Slimpotter(m): 11:51pm On Jun 28, 2020
techmo:
Harry Potter the novel author
J.K Rowling is my best too.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by kingui(m): 11:52pm On Jun 28, 2020
seanwilliam:
stop lying to yourself nah... as if you can read and understand original William Shakespeare works.. continue to dey lie
And what is difficult about Shakespeare? I have read almost all his works and I perfectly understand them and can tell or critic them anywhere anytime, even when sleeping. I grow up with them that I was called walking Shakespeare up till date.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by techmo(m): 11:56pm On Jun 28, 2020
Slimpotter:

J.K Rowling is my best too.

She captures the reality of her story in details and leave you in imaginative world

The novels are faaar interesting than the movies
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by madjune(m): 12:03am On Jun 29, 2020
DanWord:

I read Dahl book when I was 10. He writes children books. I read two giant peach and cholocate factory

Oh yes.
He also wrote adult books.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by Riscawendy(f): 12:03am On Jun 29, 2020
Mario puzo- The Godfather
Danielle steel- loving, malice, going home.
Sydney Sheldon- Nothing last forever, windmills of the Gods.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by Slimpotter(m): 12:06am On Jun 29, 2020
techmo:

She captures the reality of her story in details and leave you in imaginative world

The novels are faaar interesting than the movies

Of course it should. J.K Rowling wrote a book that is filled with intrigues and story twists. she's good.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by FEGNO: 12:08am On Jun 29, 2020
JAMES MICHENER
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by Bornfool(m): 12:10am On Jun 29, 2020
dasanchez1:
just negodu... Amateur bawo.. I'm still a beginner following the ways of the wise.. that Forex thread na goldmine seriously.. Still on demo though. cry cry

Naso bro
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by Boschh(m): 12:10am On Jun 29, 2020
Robert Ludlum...

The Bourne Identity
The Bourne Supremacy
The Bourne Ultimatum
The Bourne Legacy
The Bourne Sanction
The Icarus Agenda
The Hades Factor
The Matarese Circle
The Holcroft Covenant
The Road to Gandolpho
The Road to Omaha
The Matlock Paper
The Scarlatti Inheritance
The Rhineman Exchange
The Cry of the Halidon
The Chancellor Manuscript
The Osterman Weekend
The Gemini Contenders
The Scorpio Illusion
The Apocalypse Watch
The Matarese Countdown
The Prometheus Deception

The dude is God in Espionage and Thrillers...
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by kingui(m): 12:28am On Jun 29, 2020
My mother's list :
1 Ernest Hemingway: The Old Man and the Sea.
2 Thomas Hardy: The Mayor of Casterbridge
3 Efua T Sutherland: The Marriage of Anansewa & Edufa
4 Athol Fugard: Sizwe Bansi is Dead
5 Fyodor Doesteasky,: Crime and Punishment.
6 T.D Jake's: God's Leading Lady
7 Richard Wright: Native Son
8 The Duchess of Malfi by John Webster
9 All William Shakespeare's drama
Ayi Kwei Amah: The Beautiful Ones Are Not Born

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by Vulcan24(m): 12:31am On Jun 29, 2020
ValCon888:
No1. Leo Tolstoy - The author of War and Peace.
No2. JRR Tolkien - The author of The Silmarilion.
No3. Fyodor Dostoevsky - The author of The Brothers Karamazov.

I don't believe u read these books by mad men

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by kingui(m): 12:41am On Jun 29, 2020
My own list
1 Ernest Hemingway: A farewell to arms
2 The Alchemist: Paulo Coelho
3 Homer: The Odyssey
4 Jeff Goins: Real artist don't strive
5 William S.: All
6 Travo Noah : Born a crime

I have reread each one of these as many times as possible.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by jaxxy(m): 12:42am On Jun 29, 2020
BankyGee:
Literature Titans!
Who is your favourite author of all time? Foriegn or Local.

For me, Rene Raymond Brabazon a.k.a James Hadley Chase is my favorite author of ALL time!

He's the crowned KING of all thriller writers!

50 of his book have been made into films!
He's a legend. He's my mentor!

Keep the comments rolling in!

This is exactly my favorite. My uncle had a collection of them and i bumped into one and read it out of curiosity and ended up stuck on his masterpiece books.

I wud lock myself up in the room reading his books and forget to eat. Funny thing is his books helped me greatly in my assimilation of my school text books.

I was in Sec skol then. I haven’t read any recently.

John c maxwell books are fine reads for me now Bt I’m trying to expand to sm selected others.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Author Of All Time? by Cletus244(m): 12:47am On Jun 29, 2020
Mr. ibu and Charles

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

My University Experience / As You Lay Your Bed, So You Lie On It. / Exploring Connection Between Plato’s Allegory Of The Cave And The Truman Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.