Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Walk In Him - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Walk In Him (124 Views)

What Does It Mean To Walk In The Spirit? / "What My Mother's Pastor Said About Dangote That Made Me Walk Out Of Church" / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Walk In Him by Babyface33: 9:12am On Jun 28, 2020
Topic: Walk in Him
Text: Colossians 2:6

Note
Walking implies action. Our religion is not to be confined to our closet; we must carry out into practical effect that which we believe. If a man walks in Christ, then he so acts as Christ would act; for Christ being in him, his hope, his love, his joy, his life, he is the reflex of the image of Jesus;
” Walking signifies progress. “So walk ye in him”; proceed from grace to grace, run forward until you reach the uttermost degree of knowledge that a man can attain concerning our Beloved. Walking implies continuance. There must be a perpetual abiding in Christ.

Let me give you seven steps I believe Jesus wants us to walk in:

1. Walk in Wisdom - Col. 4:5-6

"Walk in wisdom toward them that are without redeeming the time. Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer every man.

2. Walk Honestly - 1 Thess. 4:12

"That you may walk honestly toward them that are without, and that you may have lack of nothing."

3. Walk in the Light - John 8:12

" I am the light of the world; he that follows me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life."

4. Walk Carefully - Eph. 5:15

See then that you walk carefully, not as fools but as wise,

5. Walk in newness of life - Rom. 6:4

"Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also walk in newness of life."

6. Walk by Faith - II Corinthians 5:7

"For we walk by faith, not by sight."

7. Walk in the Spirit - Gal. 5:16

"This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh."

How many Christians think that in the morning and evening they ought to come into the company of Jesus, and may then give their hearts to the world all the day; we should always be with him, treading in his steps and doing his will. “As ye have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him”.

Hymn
When we walk with the lord
In the light of his word
What a glory He sheds on our way!
While we do His good will,
He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey

Trust and obey, for there's no
other way
To be happy in Jesus,
But to trust and obey

2. Not a shadow can rise,
Not a cloud in the skies,
But His smile quickly drives it away;
Not a doubt nor a fear
Not a sigh nor a tear,
Can abide while we trust and
obey.

3. Not a burden we bear,
Not a sorrow we share
But our toil he doth richly repay;
Not a grief nor a loss,
Not a frown nor a cross,
But is blest if we trust and obey.

4. But we never can prove
The delights of His love
Until all on the alter we lay;
For the favour He shows,
And the joy he bestows,
Are for them who will trust and
obey.

5. Then in fellowship sweet
We will sit at His feet,
Or we'll walk by His side in the
way;
What He says we will do
Where He sends we will go
Never fear, only trust and obey.
Amen.

(1) (Reply)

(6). Extract From My Ebook Titled, "When Prayer Fails, Try Praise" / The Destruction Of The Antichrist And The Triumph Of The Saints / Why Are There Different Denominations In Christiandom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.