Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,598 members, 7,816,488 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? (48610 Views)

100 Days At Home As A Student, What Have You Achieved? / Summary Of The Last Days At Forcados High School / Sights From The University Of Ilorin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by flyingpig: 1:07am On Jul 02, 2020
PrimadonnaO:
A little extra effort, and first class would have been possible.

Anyway, I believe everything was as it was meant to be.

But I should have shown my school boyfriend a little more pepper. Now I'm too old for drama.

LMAO

Glad you know you are too old for it, times come when we just have to get over a phase, if we actually want to make the current stage worthwhile.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by Spaceclenzy1(m): 1:12am On Jul 02, 2020
Divay22:
Life just gave me a second chance by going to the Uni to right my wrongs and explore everything i thought was hard and weird during my ND days.

I'm saving now and occupied with the kind of skill or investment to venture into.
Let pandemic be over and lemme Breath.

Thought ur in Uniport.. Which poly are u talking abt?
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by Manuel69: 1:14am On Jul 02, 2020
DayDreamer05:

I pray I can let go of the ( introverted and anti-social) aforementioned traits , I hope I can change before graduating.

Put effort bro. It's very necessary. I just left the system so I know what I'm talking about

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by Manuel69: 1:16am On Jul 02, 2020
Durchess:

Same here.

Being an introvert is just something else. Even here at home, I'm still being anti social and always indoors
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by OriOko88(m): 1:21am On Jul 02, 2020
QuinieR:
Yes yes
Date a guy from 100lv to 400lv only to realize we are both AS when I was about going for nysc..
What a wasted time..mumu me didn’t flex,I was to loyal to the relationship cheesy...
Looking back now makes me sad
I hope you people didnt practice couple's life.
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by Durchess(f): 1:24am On Jul 02, 2020
Manuel69:

Being an introvert is just something else. Even here at home, I'm still being anti social and always indoors
Story of my life. embarassed
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by Manuel69: 1:26am On Jul 02, 2020
Durchess:

Story of my life. embarassed

I plan on starting afresh once I go for service tho. Finger's crossed.

What year and which school BTW?
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by seunny4lif(m): 1:28am On Jul 02, 2020
grin
Iphran6:

cheesy cheesy cheesy thanks jor bro, she wasits long past now
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by Durchess(f): 1:42am On Jul 02, 2020
Manuel69:

I plan on starting afresh once I go for service tho. Finger's crossed.
You should .
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by Nobody: 1:42am On Jul 02, 2020
SeniorGee:
Regretted everything about the school.. FUTO angry secondary school self better pass am. Missing results, sorting, destiny destroying lecturers.. name it.
I have my original certificate but they are still looking for transcript... Applied since Nov last year dem never see am. That school na apology
Wasted years
Futo is a stupid school.

Statistics final year

2 Likes

Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by Akachai2030(m): 1:49am On Jul 02, 2020
I really do, wish time could turn back
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by merieam16(f): 1:54am On Jul 02, 2020
franugo:

Huh?? Aren't you still in school?
Nope..u sound surprised??
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by tianshie(m): 2:00am On Jul 02, 2020
ScholarRidwan:
Dear Good people of Nairaland, please kindly take a minute to read

Earlier this year I got an admission offer from a school in US but my application could not be evaluated for funding due to late submission. I had to differ the offer till next year and will have to submit GRE score that was initially waived because of the pandemic to be evaluated for funding. I was told if i could write the GRE and score very high coupled with my good academic background I'm sure going to get the funding. I already saved about 50k for the exam until I was told I'll be needing an International passport for the registration. I inquired about the cost of doing that which was 17800 on getting to immigration I spent nothing less than 40k to get the passport done. Now I'm back to square one and already running out of time. I was told if I didn't register for the exam on time I might not be schedule for this year due to limited centers. Please come to my aid and support my ambition.

What about your folks? Aren't these tests suspended because of Covid-19? How high did they want you to score? Ballpark figure.
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by sucrosedaddy(m): 2:07am On Jul 02, 2020
��Do you want to make money �without much stress with your mobile device� or PC �.
Invest little as low as 400naira▫️and earn big as high as 5k weekly�� ✅����
It's not a large amount of money but something to keep you going in this lockdown.
Click the link and get on the moving train
/+234 8 one 4 four 5 3 zero 43 six (WhatsApp)
http:///IWantToMakeMoreMoney (telegram)

Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by elobrave17: 2:07am On Jul 02, 2020
I was aiming for 2:1 but I graduated with 2:2(3.48).

In my final year I had the opportunity to sort about two courses but I felt it was a taboo. If I did I would have made 2:1.

During my service year I would have served at Exxon mobile but they insisted 2:1 is a must. My cousin that works there tried but to no avail.

There is no integrity in this country so no more dulling.

6 Likes

Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by Elvis778(m): 2:11am On Jul 02, 2020
photon3106:

I wondered too o. Which Nigerian lecturer will tell a group of JJCs that school isn't all about studying... cheesy

From my experience though, nigerian lecturers would make school look like that's the only reason God made heaven and earth

maybe during your time, right now, most art lecturers will tell you to flex,
but make sure you balance flexing with your academics

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by meobizy(f): 2:14am On Jul 02, 2020
This is the tenth time and counting such topic is gracing the front page.

So far I have life in me, and I’m exposed, I can never regret doing or not doing actions. I am a culmination of all my past decisions hence the name the white man gives it, experience. If I want more experience I just focus on whatever I want to learn and indulge in it. As such none of my experiences were a waste of time.

It’s funny how the only people with regrets were the ones who spent time with books. Mscheew. Back in school they were the envy of all the social individuals. So despite excelling academically they still feel school didn’t pass through them? HA. HA. HA. HA. HA.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by pussyAvenger: 2:25am On Jul 02, 2020
ieemmanuel:
To answer this question I have to narrate an instance to connect with my answer. I gained admission into uni at a very tender age, my 100 level day's was too ruff that I was suspended. My resolution was on getting back notting would stop me from archiving my goal.
I was very studious and my friendship were measured on knowledge basis, if you're not smart enough then no need to be friends with you. I myself was not perfect,i had too struggle a lot to be in that group... unfortunately I found myself dating girls older than me cause my look gave that macho impression, to cut long story short I found no love in my stay in school and no fun friend's, just serious minded people all up in my contacts..got no regrets for that tho, just the relationship part!
at what age bro? You started school early or what...tell me about it
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by Nobody: 2:36am On Jul 02, 2020
I regret having a babe because helping to pull her up academically pulled me down. My only consolation is that she had a 2.1. Of what use is a 4.xx GPA if you don't make it to first class undecided

I lost a first class scholarship narrowly

4 Likes

Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by ScholarRidwan: 2:45am On Jul 02, 2020
Sent sir
Asiseeit:

Send me a mail
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by emmaella: 3:31am On Jul 02, 2020
NairaMaster1:

Thank you.

I was invited as a consultant on a recruitment procedure, I was disappointed at most of our graduates.

2,1 (2%) 2,2 (17%) third class (50%) pass (30%)

So terrible.

The interview session was boring. No ideas about what they are looking for, I jokingly asked one about BB naija and that was it.
if 2% of 2.1 came for that job then it's a blue collar job. When you pay peanuts you hire monkeys. I am still reading and will share my regrets.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by ChrisLegacy007: 4:07am On Jul 02, 2020
Regret focusin' too much mental energy on makin' good grades n' failin' to self-develop.. graduated last year with a 2'1 though but i've been forced to believe that school in Nigeria is scam

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by Dannybef96: 4:26am On Jul 02, 2020
My only regret was before admission. My admission was late, should have learnt a skill cry

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by Lifestone(m): 4:27am On Jul 02, 2020
Ibkay32:
even I regretted wasted 4 years in university cos school is a scam in this country,,, graduated since4 years now without no job, have trek from one company to another in order to get job but all in vain, so what's the point there going to school..have loose hope in this country jur long time ago, Nigeria no fit better again ��
If you cant get a job, create one
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by inumidun2010(m): 4:31am On Jul 02, 2020
I go soon talk
Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by inumidun2010(m): 4:41am On Jul 02, 2020
My only regret was not being SOCIAL and not PLAYING KEYBOARD for a BIG CHURCH then in KSU(Anyigba) even as good as I was.. I always find myself in small churches( I no know why). Anytime I'm in class and school environment then, I envy those KEYBOARDISTS that plays for big churches and fellowships when girls flock around them and they discuss about songs..I always think this could be me (I was a virgin then sha)...Thank God I finished with a 2.1 (biochemistry)... after I left school, I vowed not to do anything small again.. I served at Ozubulu in Anambra state.. I played for Living Faith Church throughout.. That was when I knew ladies love MUSICALLY INCLINED PEOPLE... I even organized a birthday party 4 myself(Me wey be introvert)...
Now, I have learnt u need to be social to succeed,I can start a conversation with a stranger now.. but 4 ladies part(I dey run from them now because when dem see say I dey jovial... Dem don fall b that).. Social skills is the best, it gives extroverts edge above only INTELLECTUALLY GIFTED PEOPLE
. My VIRGINITY don LOST since I became SOCIAL

5 Likes

Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by emmaella: 4:44am On Jul 02, 2020
emmaella:
if 2% of 2.1 came for that job then it's a blue collar job. When you pay peanuts you hire monkeys. I am still reading and will share my regrets.
i have read through all the comments in this thread and have learnt from the experiences shared.
I am in the same ship with many. My regret is that
I gave in all the best in me but it failed me. No party, no babe, no relationship, didn't learn any skill, not even a member of any club just reading and hurstle to assist my parents in training myself. I traveled every week to Lagos to hurstle but men it wasn't easy combining that with academic. I wished i distributed all that energy evenly. Worst of was studying a course i never new anything about. I thought i could switch as i was told but that didn't happen. I am not fulfilled until i become a medical doctor. That's all I wanted to be whether for wealth or prestige and whether it won't make me rich, i just loved medicine. Moving forward is the ultimate in life. Balancing every work is ideal. For those in school and those intending to ; learn from our regrets and don't find yourselves in our ⛵ or ship.
Gracias.

6 Likes

Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by AngelJennifer: 4:44am On Jul 02, 2020
I regret nothing though I had my lessons. Not too social because I also engaged in business but that 's usually before or after class. So business basically took part of my time. I experience more of a hostel life and never dated until service. My lessons:
In as much as campus relationship may not go far, some campus relationship can as well lead to something serious, so if you can balance it with your studies, there is no harm in giving it a try.
Secondly always enjoy every moment of your life, especially with people, stop procastinating it, because once you missed a moment, it may not be regained again and that's the memory we keep with us.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by Epositive(m): 5:03am On Jul 02, 2020
iLUCID:
I regret having a babe because helping to pull her up academically pulled me down. My only consolation is that she had a 2.1. Of what use is a 4.xx GPA if you don't make it to first class undecided

I lost a first class scholarship narrowly
grin
I was on this boat last semester, not just for her alone but with my group members. I had to halt it. It was beginning to take my time, especially now that I'm combining my academics with learning a skill.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Have Regrets About Your Days At The University? by ScholarRidwan: 5:06am On Jul 02, 2020
I'm from a poor family I cater for myself sir.

Yes sir, they were suspended earlier but can now be taken from home (e.g TOEFL and IELTS) but GRE was never suspended the schedule date was just shifted to a later date. And the reason why I've to register now is.because there are not so many centers and if one does not register early enough (at least 3months prior) the scheduled date might not fit into your plan because of limited centers.

In the word of the graduate coordinator my result must've been ready by January so I can be evaluated for funding. I already have a strong academic record which was one of the criteria for funding but GRE is major determinant for being selected for funding.

At least I've to score 300/340 which is very achievable.

tianshie:

What about your folks? Aren't these tests suspended because of Covid-19? How high did they want you to score? Ballpark figure.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Federal Polytechnic Ede,osun State Admission Form For 2013/2014 Is Out Now! / Amara Ezenwoye Bags Masters Degree From UK University (Photos) / Tom Ilube Is The Most Powerful Black Man In Britain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.