Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,236 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK (21272 Views)

That 11USD Twitter Is Charging In 12 Months Is What Most Nigerians Pay As Rent / Nigerians Pay N500,000 To Buy Fake Degrees, Others, Says NYSC / Study On Low Tuition In Israel: Application Process. Cost Of Living, Visa Requir (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK by dalass(f): 10:26am On Jun 29, 2020
SarkinYarki:
Africans were born to enrich Europeans ..just see how much money is leaving our Economy just because we won't fix our education system and the painful part is when we get these over priced degrees we still come to use it to apply for work in the same rotten NIGERIAN govt so we can continue looting the same system ..

Do you blame them? ... Schools in the UK, US, China etc, "court" International students all over the world. You see their adverts everywhere... They display what they have to offer. You will want to go there. They offer scholarships to get great minds....

But what do we have here,... Frustration to enter their decaying infrastructure and many lecturers with overbloated egos to finish the job with annual ASUU, ASSUP, SSATTURAI strike!... Even the whole society is not conducive for molding a students character...

No light, bad roads, poor educational standard to mention but a few....

I hate us carrying billions to develop other country's society but that's what our leaders delight in.... Only that it is not only education. Check out what we spend, starting from Bihari on health abroad, in UK, US... Its the fad for politician wives and celebrities to give birth abroad!... In short, its disheartening... Our national assembly didn't want Innoson motors but preferred abroad cars not their personal money oh for oversight functions!

We're very wasteful and certainly unwise.. Period!

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK by Kingpele(m): 10:27am On Jun 29, 2020
Ok
Re: Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK by flyingpig: 10:28am On Jun 29, 2020
wisdomkid:

Who are the "WE"? How many students will be given to option to study abroad or precisely, in the UK, and chooses Nigerian varsities? Be wise and proud but not condemning and jealous. Jealously is the last step before becoming a witch.

Lol you didn't have to reply Anneka101, jealousy was written all over her post. Best you could do for a jealous person is pity.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK by barrypro: 10:30am On Jun 29, 2020
That's a whole lot of cash
Re: Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK by Skillsnigeria: 10:30am On Jun 29, 2020
Don't just sit at home for nothing,try and learn a skills today.you can start with Satellite dish installation, the training is an online version which you can learn at the comfort of your home.the training will open your eye to the abundant of Satellite tv you can watch without paying a dime.this training is strictly for professionals, people that want to become expert in Satellite dish/tv installation,the practical aspect as already been covered in our training videos.register today and begin your training immediately.
you visit this nairaland thread to read more https://www.nairaland.com/5747808/learn-satellite-dish-tv-installation
Re: Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK by flyingpig: 10:32am On Jun 29, 2020
ednut1:
We keep contributing to other people's economy lol

I swear grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK by LucemFerre: 10:32am On Jun 29, 2020
"Sad to see the old SLAVE MILL is grinding slow but, grinding still"
~Damien Marley

Call me a hater, na you sabi. It is what it is
Re: Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK by ofiko123(m): 10:33am On Jun 29, 2020
Freshfish4:
I blame Nigerian FG from 1999 till date for neglecting our education sector. A course of 4 year is done for 6 years because of unnecessary prolonged strike, lecture halls and hostels are in a horrible state, not forgetting cultism and the country is a mess. Why won't people pay that much to travel out to study and get a better life than this hell whole country

I concur..
Re: Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK by BigBashiru: 10:36am On Jun 29, 2020
Freshfish4:
I blame Nigerian FG from 1999 till date for neglecting our education sector. A course of 4 year is done for 6 years because of unnecessary prolonged strike, lecture halls and hostels are in a horrible state, not forgetting cultism and the country is a mess. Why won't people pay that much to travel out to study and get a better life than this hell whole country

White kids and black kids are sent to university
The white kids like Newton start coming up with laws of motion and relativity show the black kids form cults and kill themselves over women with marchers. Fg isn't to blame rather the inhabitants of the nation need to have an introspection. It wasn't UK government that forced Newton to master physics so government shouldn't have to force Nigerian students. Pls stop inventing excuses.
Re: Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK by Princedapace(m): 10:36am On Jun 29, 2020
black race is shameless!

The race cant build her own society.

The race depends on other serious race to survive!

The race should go on extinction by deliberately marrying other serious races over a long period of time!
Re: Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK by 1x2x3: 10:36am On Jun 29, 2020
Ilerioluwa02:

grin grin grin

No they think saving Nigeria is by writing epistle online or by prayers. Anyone that can't drip their own blood shouldn't think about saving Nigeria.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK by Aladino(m): 10:38am On Jun 29, 2020
Is not easy as u assumed. The taxation and high cost of living there is a huge blow. USA is far better on this aspect

quote author=flyingpig post=91188336]Chances of remaining in the country and earning in Pounds is the reason why.

In some years he/she will have re-couped the amount spent educating him/her self, plus live in an organized and sane clime where there is high standard of living, equity and justice.[/quote]
Re: Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK by wedeaz: 10:40am On Jun 29, 2020
(1): 7 DAYS: VIRTUAL TRAINING ON WEBSITE DESIGN (4th Batch)
• Commencement Date: 6th -12th July,2020.
• Training Method: Anydesk and Whatsapp
• Requirements: WhatsApp and System

(2): DISCOVER HOW YOU CAN BE MAKING ATLEAST ₦21,000 WEEKLY WITH YOUR PHONE AND FROM HOME LEGITIMATELY.
Check my Signature for more details
Re: Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK by flyingpig: 10:44am On Jun 29, 2020
1x2x3:

No they think saving Nigeria is by writing epistle online or by prayers. Anyone that can't drip their own blood shouldn't think about saving Nigeria.

Very true.
Re: Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK by truthhurts2: 10:47am On Jun 29, 2020
Islie:
• As COVID-19 flattens naira, parents pay more

• Students reject ‘local’ varsities despite high tuition

https://m.guardian.ng/news/nigerians-pay-n152b-tuition-in-uk/
wetin concerns people like us

Re: Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK by CodeTemplar: 10:48am On Jun 29, 2020
Anneka101:
They have money to send their kids to international schools do I see no reason why they complain about the high exchange rate.

Schooling overseas doesn't guarantee that you would be more successful than schooling in out dear country.

Just that the Nigeria school system is not favorable and standard have dropped but doesn't stop there! We are still smarter than the so called international student.
What nonsense are you talking?. If you have only two children or even just one child, will you want to risk them being cornered by cultists, or delayed by sex demanders when there are better alternatives for them?

If you think lack of job guarantee is a good reason to pitch with local substandard education then I seriously pity you as a person.

Plus nobody plans for poverty or hardship ahead and therefore sending a child abroad isn't necessarily a sign of boastfulness as you want to interpret it. It means they have seen some reasons to choose abroad.

Jerry Mallo, the guy who build a fast car in Plateau state was trained in UK by his farmer parents and that doesn't make them bad people.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK by Keemsleek005(m): 10:52am On Jun 29, 2020
christejames:
If you can afford it then it's fine by me...

I know our government is trying, subsidising tuition fees for us but they should do more in the face lifting and upgrading of our tertiary institution.

For those that don't know, Righteousness guy= Nwaamaikpe.

Correct if goverment tries to increase fee na fight, strikes etc we need to understand these schools charge so high that why they have standards. I dont know how the goverment will do it but i believe we can have such standarded if we put the right people in the right places.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK by Vickho6(m): 10:53am On Jun 29, 2020
That's for UK alone oooo let alone US and Other top countries,, billion will swallow billion..... Imagine if this wretched government of ours spent and look closely to our education system down here,,,few of this money would have been diverted here....they enjoy going on strike,, overpopulation in lecture theatre,,, bad infrastructure...... Naija done suffer
Re: Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK by CodeTemplar: 10:57am On Jun 29, 2020
Sheriman:
Upon all these expensive tuition fees they will still come back here begin dey drag with us the few job that is left for us.. Abeg bikonu leave us with our rotten educational system..
Na dat one dey pain u?
Re: Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK by Minsk24: 10:59am On Jun 29, 2020
TenthMan:
FIX YOUR EDUCATION SYSTEM - ESPECIALLY THE POOR HUMAN RESOURCES IN THESE TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS

It is only going to get worse. As these institutions in Nigeria collapse and more people can afford sending their kids overseas, more Nigerians will send money away from the country, investing in other countries' education sector. Germany today is heavily advertising. Canada is doing the same on YouTube calling for international students. UK and US have both been benefiting. Even Ghana is doing so. By the adverts something tells you they are targeting Nigerians. When will foreigners leave their country and come to a Nigerian school as international students? While it is a cause for concern, anyone who can afford it and desires it should send their kids overseas for higher education. Despite the limited infrastructure, it would still have been manageable if we had friendly, efficient academic and non-academic staff willing to manage and make use of the limited resources to better the lives of those they come across. To teach, educate and eventually empower. But no, we had to have demoniacs there.

Besides poor infrastructural development, and little or no equipment to promote learning in these modern times, there is untold human wickedness by Academic and Non-Academic Staff in Nigerian Universities. This is the biggest issue unspoken about. These persons are generally wicked. It was not these kids that made your lives miserable. The students are not the Government who pay you poor salaries. You Academic and Non-academic staff are not the only ones with problems and poor pay. Even the staff of Total Exploration and Production would like their salaries increased.

In understand the part of infrastructural development and the lack of teaching aids and equipment. However, this is one just one part. The Human Wickedness in these institutions is just alarming and a thing of greater/bigger concern to me. They are rude, disrespectful, wicked, act like gods that must not be questioned, jealous if they think you are doing better or know better, extortionists, very poor researchers, ignorant, haughty, vengeful for no reason, sexual predators, deviants and rapists. They form cliques and cells like the mafiaso to punish unwilling female and male students, etc. I mean name it. They lack academic discipline. Most of them will force students to write research papers etc. and then publish it in their own name. All these happen because there are no consequences. You claim to be an intellectual but fight against any form of discussions or arguments on academics? Who says you must be more informed that your student in all matters?

Try collecting your transcript, certificate or having such business with your school in Nigeria. That is when you will know that evil exists in these institutions. Be a pretty girl in school,that is when you will know that Satan replicated and multiplied himself in form of lecturers. From the day of getting admission till the day you leave school these persons make life a living hell for you. From course registration at Registrars office, to faculty registration, to departmental registration, to student affairs, to medical services registration, to library to hostel registration, the personnel in these areas are there to make life hell for you. My observations reveal that while infrastructure might be a problem, the impacts from the terrible Human Resources we have in these institutions play a more damaging role bringing about sad and bitter tales. An institution where ineptitude exists, yet they are supposed to educate people/students on how to apply knowledge in an effective and efficient manner to create value for themselves and the society? How can these people give what they absolutely lack? Universities have Spatial and Urban Planning courses, but cannot even plan their own environment. They have courses in Environmental Management, Science, Engineering and Technology but have the filthiest environments. They teach Public health but have filthy bio-hazardous hostels.

There is hardly any regulation of their conduct. A huge percentage of lecturers should either have been sacked or should be in jail by now. I am not saying that life should be stress free. Far from it. Such a society does not exist. However, intentionally introducing stress and troubles and problems for no just cause which psychologically scars and ruins a student is what no one should accept. A school of thought says the stress and wickedness from these very poor, inefficient and simply put, demonic human resources we find in these institutions is a good thing because the society you are expected to graduate and function in (Nigeria), is also a mad society. It takes no prisoners. Hence these ills you see in the Universities and other tertiary institutions are preparing you for the mad society you are about to be cast into.

While we work to put this sector of the country in order, I will advise any Nigerian today to send their kids abroad if they have the means. Worst case scenario is they should attend Nigerian Private University and then travel overseas for post graduate studies.

True talk my dear...
Re: Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK by Ibegtodiffer: 11:00am On Jun 29, 2020
It's more than that.
Re: Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK by Minsk24: 11:02am On Jun 29, 2020
InvertedHammer:
/
July is nigh!

When students in Nigeria try to outdo one another sending congratulatory messages to the wards of politicians graduating abroad grin grin grin

Nigerian youths are weird people.

/

Lol. This your moniker eeh... Which timeframe do u mostly watch out for inverted hammer? .. Have a good profitable week my dear
Re: Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK by tot(f): 11:03am On Jun 29, 2020
dalass:

Do you blame them? ... Schools in the UK, US, China etc, "court" International students all over the world. You see their adverts everywhere... They display what they have to offer. You will want to go there. They offer scholarships to get great minds....

But what do we have here,... Frustration to enter their decaying infrastructure and many lecturers with overbloated egos to finish the job with annual ASUU, ASSUP, SSATTURAI strike!... Even the whole society is not conducive for molding a students character...

No light, bad roads, poor educational standard to mention but a few....

I hate us carrying billions to develop other country's society but that's what our leaders delight in.... Only that it is not only education. Check out what we spend, starting from Bihari on health abroad, in UK, US... Its the fad for politician wives and celebrities to give birth abroad!... In short, its disheartening... Our national assembly didn't want Innoson motors but preferred abroad cars not their personal money oh for oversight functions!

We're very wasteful and certainly unwise.. Period!

Well said
Re: Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK by CocoaOla: 11:04am On Jun 29, 2020
medinho:
THE EARLIER WE START TO TAKE OUR MINDS OF THIS AGED MEN THE BETTER FOR US. ENOUGH OF THIS MONOPOLY OF LEADERSHIP BY AGED MEN SWAPPING FROM ONE PARTY TO ANOTHER. APC,PDP,APGA,ACN ETC ARE ALL THE SAME THING
WE THE YOUTH CAN COMETOGETHER AND MAKE NIGERIA GREAT AGAIN.
YES WE CAN
IF OUR FATHERS DID NOT DO THIS FOR US ATLEAST FOR THE SAKE OF OUR CHILDREN.
THIS IS NOT ABOUT THE NORTH, SOUTH, EAST, OR WEST COS EVERY REGION IS SUFFERING FROM THIS DOOM WE'VE FOUND OURSELVES. IT'S ABOUT OUR COUNTRY NIGERIA

Our leaders children s top the list this greedy old vampires know what they are doing to Nigeria

40 billion coronavirus donation, how far..

Shey anybody get alert?

200 million Feeding of school children?

How far shey anybody Siblings chop Gov't food?

20 million dollars from European union and 300million dollars from Abacha Giveaway?

How far anybody get alert?
Re: Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK by NaijadrivaCars: 11:07am On Jun 29, 2020
christejames:
If you can afford it then it's fine by me...

For those that don't know, Righteousness guy= Nwaamaikpe.

I am not sure. I suspect that Righteousness89 is drnuelpurehoney aka puregoldh. NwaAmaikpe speaks like a free thinker.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK by Lovelyboi2022: 11:09am On Jun 29, 2020
obi4eze:
embarassed
Nigerians should stop going to UK to study. I repeat
Re: Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK by Farki: 11:09am On Jun 29, 2020
Why are you surprised?

Forget the amount, the job prospects, quality of education and chances of citizenship are why people go for those foreign universities.

Rather than coming to a Nigerian University only to be paid 30k unsure salary or be killed by one cultist for talking to his girlfriend.
Re: Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK by hartson(m): 11:12am On Jun 29, 2020
livebyday:
angry

Why won't they? The educational system in Nigeria is trashed , zero quality except in the private Universities... Incessant strikes and breaks in the educational calendar..zero international recondition with any local degree

So this should not come as a shock to anyone ...
Trash,which private university thrive well and how many of the private universities were listed in the recent world universities ranking.Atleast UI & UNN were among the 1st 1000
In Naija,Govt & Private owned Institutions are the same .
Re: Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK by livebyday(m): 11:13am On Jun 29, 2020
[s]
hartson:
Trash,which private university thrive well and how many of the private universities were listed in the recent world universities ranking.Atleast UI & UNN were among the 1st 1000
In Naija,Govt & Private owned Institutions are the same .
[/s]

http://m.covenantuniversity.edu.ng/News/Covenant-Takes-Big-Leap-in-World-University-Rankings-Ranks-401-500
Re: Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK by Realdickson: 11:25am On Jun 29, 2020
This is why our educational system is dead in this country. God help us!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. / UI Student Develops Lemongrass-based Insecticides Against Beans Weevils / Six Madonna University Students, Lecturer Regain Freedom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.