Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,093 members, 7,821,781 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK (21269 Views)

That 11USD Twitter Is Charging In 12 Months Is What Most Nigerians Pay As Rent / Nigerians Pay N500,000 To Buy Fake Degrees, Others, Says NYSC / Study On Low Tuition In Israel: Application Process. Cost Of Living, Visa Requir (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK by Gerrard59(m): 11:30am On Jun 29, 2020
Well, there are other countries where you pay way lower than the UK and even do so at top institutions. But hey, Nigerians must choose the UK. Personally, the UK is an option if the institution is in the Russell Group of Universities or preferably in the top 5. If not, then better head to countries where foreign students pay the same fees as nationals and you get to study in a renowned university there. There's nothing wrong studying abroad after all, Singaporeans, SKoreans, Malaysians, Vietnamese etc. do same even when these countries' universities are ranked in the top 1000 globally. The difference is that Nigeria's economy isn't as strong or doing well as those Asians.

That said, people should expect more of this especially as oil loses its value (major foreign earner for Nigeria) and the population rises. Worse still, the standard of education is declining rapidly. Look at ASUU?
Re: Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK by hartson(m): 11:30am On Jun 29, 2020
Re: Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK by TOPCRUISE(m): 11:31am On Jun 29, 2020
It's federal universities that will be losing
Re: Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK by bigiyaro(m): 11:39am On Jun 29, 2020
Anneka101:
They have money to send their kids to international schools do I see no reason why they complain about the high exchange rate.

Schooling overseas doesn't guarantee that you would be more successful than schooling in out dear country.

Just that the Nigeria school system is not favorable and standard have dropped but doesn't stop there! We are still smarter than the so called international student.

Bulk sales of Luminous inverter and luminous battery 220AH Tubular.
Battery; SOLAR PANEL 150WATTS
SOLAR PANEL 250WATTS 24V

090 5042 9481

And Installation. Check my profile and contact me.
tactically speaking, its not the exchange rate that is the problem, the main problem is that the money is simply no longer available to steal.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK by Gerrard59(m): 11:40am On Jun 29, 2020
hartson:
Trash,which private university thrive well and how many of the private universities were listed in the recent world universities ranking.Atleast UI & UNN were among the 1st 1000
In Naija,Govt & Private owned Institutions are the same .

Covenant University is up there. I see her being renowned in the future, the Bishop is doing well.
Re: Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK by Olabode971(f): 11:40am On Jun 29, 2020
pertaining to 9ja issue

Re: Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK by phineas: 11:49am On Jun 29, 2020
TenthMan:
FIX YOUR EDUCATION SYSTEM - ESPECIALLY THE POOR HUMAN RESOURCES IN THESE TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS

It is only going to get worse. As these institutions in Nigeria collapse and more people can afford sending their kids overseas, more Nigerians will send money away from the country, investing in other countries' education sector. Germany today is heavily advertising. Canada is doing the same on YouTube calling for international students. UK and US have both been benefiting. Even Ghana is doing so. By the adverts something tells you they are targeting Nigerians. When will foreigners leave their country and come to a Nigerian school as international students? While it is a cause for concern, anyone who can afford it and desires it should send their kids overseas for higher education. Despite the limited infrastructure, it would still have been manageable if we had friendly, efficient academic and non-academic staff willing to manage and make use of the limited resources to better the lives of those they come across. To teach, educate and eventually empower. But no, we had to have demoniacs there.

Besides poor infrastructural development, and little or no equipment to promote learning in these modern times, there is untold human wickedness by Academic and Non-Academic Staff in Nigerian Universities. This is the biggest issue unspoken about. These persons are generally wicked. It was not these kids that made your lives miserable. The students are not the Government who pay you poor salaries. You Academic and Non-academic staff are not the only ones with problems and poor pay. Even the staff of Total Exploration and Production would like their salaries increased.

I understand the part of infrastructural development and the lack of teaching aids and equipment. However, this is one just one part. The Human Wickedness in these institutions is just alarming and a thing of greater/bigger concern to me. They are rude, disrespectful, wicked, act like gods that must not be questioned, jealous if they think you are doing better or know better, extortionists, very poor researchers, ignorant, haughty, vengeful for no reason, sexual predators, deviants and rapists. They form cliques and cells like the mafiaso to punish unwilling female and male students, etc. I mean name it. They lack academic discipline. Most of them will force students to write research papers etc. and then publish it in their own name. All these happen because there are no consequences. You claim to be an intellectual but fight against any form of discussions or arguments on academics? Who says you must be more informed that your student in all matters?

While we work to put this sector of the country in order, I will advise any Nigerian today to send their kids abroad if they have the means. Worst case scenario is they should attend Nigerian Private University and then travel overseas for post graduate studies.

I logged in for your comment.This is the real reason Nigerians school abroad.This is why my children will never study in Nigeria from BSC level.

Even the private uni are as bad and worse.if in doubt see news from CU and afe babalola recently.NYSC is equally as bad.evil HR and cliches everywhere and nothing to protect the consumers.The students are at their mercy and they end up graduating passive aggressive yes men not capable of taking initiative

Who would want that for his or her child

To fix naija unis forget money start from fixing the HR.Same with the hospitals
Re: Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK by Investnow2017: 11:53am On Jun 29, 2020
SarkinYarki:
Africans were born to enrich Europeans ..just see how much money is leaving our Economy just because we won't fix our education system and the painful part is when we get these over priced degrees we still come to use it to apply for work in the same rotten NIGERIAN govt so we can continue looting the same system ..
I wish they can compute the tuition Nigerians pay to school in Ghana too embarassed Sad, very sad indeed.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK by german01(m): 11:54am On Jun 29, 2020
TenthMan:
FIX YOUR EDUCATION SYSTEM - ESPECIALLY THE POOR HUMAN RESOURCES IN THESE TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS

It is only going to get worse. As these institutions in Nigeria collapse and more people can afford sending their kids overseas, more Nigerians will send money away from the country, investing in other countries' education sector. Germany today is heavily advertising. Canada is doing the same on YouTube calling for international students. UK and US have both been benefiting. Even Ghana is doing so. By the adverts something tells you they are targeting Nigerians. When will foreigners leave their country and come to a Nigerian school as international students? While it is a cause for concern, anyone who can afford it and desires it should send their kids overseas for higher education. Despite the limited infrastructure, it would still have been manageable if we had friendly, efficient academic and non-academic staff willing to manage and make use of the limited resources to better the lives of those they come across. To teach, educate and eventually empower. But no, we had to have demoniacs there.

Besides poor infrastructural development, and little or no equipment to promote learning in these modern times, there is untold human wickedness by Academic and Non-Academic Staff in Nigerian Universities. This is the biggest issue unspoken about. These persons are generally wicked. It was not these kids that made your lives miserable. The students are not the Government who pay you poor salaries. You Academic and Non-academic staff are not the only ones with problems and poor pay. Even the staff of Total Exploration and Production would like their salaries increased.

I understand the part of infrastructural development and the lack of teaching aids and equipment. However, this is one just one part. The Human Wickedness in these institutions is just alarming and a thing of greater/bigger concern to me. They are rude, disrespectful, wicked, act like gods that must not be questioned, jealous if they think you are doing better or know better, extortionists, very poor researchers, ignorant, haughty, vengeful for no reason, sexual predators, deviants and rapists. They form cliques and cells like the mafiaso to punish unwilling female and male students, etc. I mean name it. They lack academic discipline. Most of them will force students to write research papers etc. and then publish it in their own name. All these happen because there are no consequences. You claim to be an intellectual but fight against any form of discussions or arguments on academics? Who says you must be more informed that your student in all matters?

Try collecting your transcript, certificate or having such business with your school in Nigeria. That is when you will know that evil exists in these institutions. Be a pretty girl in school,that is when you will know that Satan replicated and multiplied himself in form of lecturers. From the day of getting admission till the day you leave school these persons make life a living hell for you. From course registration at Registrars office, to faculty registration, to departmental registration, to student affairs, to medical services registration, to library to hostel registration, the personnel in these areas are there to make life hell for you. My observations reveal that while infrastructure might be a problem, the impacts from the terrible Human Resources we have in these institutions play a more damaging role bringing about sad and bitter tales. An institution where ineptitude exists, yet they are supposed to educate people/students on how to apply knowledge in an effective and efficient manner to create value for themselves and the society? How can these people give what they absolutely lack? Universities have Spatial and Urban Planning courses, but cannot even plan their own environment. They have courses in Environmental Management, Science, Engineering and Technology but have the filthiest environments. They teach Public health but have filthy bio-hazardous hostels.

There is hardly any regulation of their conduct. A huge percentage of lecturers should either have been sacked or should be in jail by now. I am not saying that life should be stress free. Far from it. Such a society does not exist. However, intentionally introducing stress and troubles and problems for no just cause which psychologically scars and ruins a student is what no one should accept. A school of thought says the stress and wickedness from these very poor, inefficient and simply put, demonic human resources we find in these institutions is a good thing because the society you are expected to graduate and function in (Nigeria), is also a mad society. It takes no prisoners. Hence these ills you see in the Universities and other tertiary institutions are preparing you for the mad society you are about to be cast into.

While we work to put this sector of the country in order, I will advise any Nigerian today to send their kids abroad if they have the means. Worst case scenario is they should attend Nigerian Private University and then travel overseas for post graduate studies.
who are you? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK by frog12: 12:05pm On Jun 29, 2020
another aluko?
they must always find alukos for interviews.

and dont quote nigerian professors again for their expertise. they only know how to use TETFUND grants for buying houses, cars and vacation travels.
Re: Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK by mattfeuter(m): 12:05pm On Jun 29, 2020
Anneka101:
They have money to send their kids to international schools do I see no reason why they complain about the high exchange rate.

Schooling overseas doesn't guarantee that you would be more successful than schooling in out dear country.

Just that the Nigeria school system is not favorable and standard have dropped but doesn't stop there! We are still smarter than the so called international student.

SOLAR PANEL 250WATTS 24V

090 5042 9481

Who told you that you’re smarter than international students ?

Have you ever been in a functioning simulation lab?

angry angry
Re: Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jun 29, 2020
flyingpig:
Chances of remaining in the country and earning in Pounds is the reason why.

In some years he/she will have re-couped the amount spent educating him/her self, plus live in an organized and sane clime where there is high standard of living, equity and justice.

I wonder the amount when they add USA own. Calculator go spoil.
grin
re-couped which amount, very few of them get jobs over there, I have seen many Africans who regret studying in the UK and many are now going to Canada, China, USA to study.
Re: Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK by flyingpig: 12:17pm On Jun 29, 2020
onyechez:

re-couped which amount, very few of them get jobs over there, I have seen many Africans who regret studying in the UK and many are now going to Canada, China, USA to study.

True though. USA is the best country for anyone who wants to re-coup his tuition fee after graduation.

Too many damn jobs in USA with low taxes. Exactly the opposite of UK.
Re: Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jun 29, 2020
SmartProf:
Not all Nigerians pay, some win scholarships to study abroad, and I'm one of them who did. In life rather than lamenting, if your society fails to provide standard quality of living in all aspects of life, build you life legitimately and fund your aspirations and that of your family in comfort and quality, wherever it can be attained
That's the mentality of most black people, you don't want to fix your country but all they do is running around like sheep's from one place to another, family is important and first choice but we shouldn't forget those with good societies got fix by their citizens.
We should avoid this nonchalant attitude and fix our country so that we can gain a little respect because where we are coming from we always be sited and things about where we are coming from will be referred to us by neighbors and friends just like what trump and his likes are doing to African Americans such as IIhan Omar.
We all saw what Chinese did to Africans in China and Caucasian American cops did to Floyd George.
Peace
Re: Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jun 29, 2020
flyingpig:

True though. USA is the best country for anyone who wants to re-coup his tuition fee after graduation.

Too many damn jobs in USA with low taxes. Exactly the opposite of UK.
Sure, we need to get our priorities right before we jump into troubles.
I read a news where a Nigerian student spent thousands of pounds in the UK to get a PHD degree in the UK but was refused and discriminated against, she requested for a refund but to no avail did she get it, she came back to Nigeria and re-apply to go to the UK but was denied visa, such news should get to naira land to so that the relevant authorities would help her.
Re: Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK by mattfeuter(m): 12:36pm On Jun 29, 2020
onyechez:

That's the mentality of most black people, you don't want to fix your country but all they do is running around like sheep's from one place to another, family is important and first choice but we shouldn't forget those with good societies got fix by their citizens.
We should avoid this nonchalant attitude and fix our country so that we can gain a little respect because where we are coming from we always be sited and things about where we are coming from will be referred to us by neighbors and friends just like what trump and his likes are doing to African Americans such as IIhan Omar.
We all saw what Chinese did to Africans in China and Caucasian American cops did to Floyd George.
Peace

Oga keep quiet!

Who is we?

Call out the Bleep.ing Nigerian government and not people going abroad to study. angry
Re: Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jun 29, 2020
If our president and his cabinet come together and make Nigeria a great country again, then our citizens will not be investing there money on other country for education and other beneficial quality of life, but President, vice president, Senator and other big and wealth men children's and family are there in foreign country not minding their home town looking at this belonged country like a trash to sad, Well politics need to give 80 percentage of their earnings and other miscellaneous expenses, to the economic so that we will have a better life and a great future like Dubai and Chinese economic, so we still have a long way to go...

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jun 29, 2020
mattfeuter:

Oga keep quiet!

Who is we?

Call out the Bleep.ing Nigerian government and not people going abroad to study. angry
Hahaha, you think you're smart by Saying keep quiet.
Fix your country , the same way others have fixed theirs, did I say you shouldn't study abroad.
Those black people who fought against slave trade and colonial rule despite their leaders enslaved and sold them for you to be free today, do they have 5 heads You can choose to be sensible if you like.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK by lanchy: 1:02pm On Jun 29, 2020
Nigeria is a funny country, how did all these people earn their money!?

On another note, many Nigerians steal government money, and lavish it on their spoilt kids to obtain foreign education, most don't even attend classes regularly and miss the point of a Western education, in Nigeria we read to pass exams with too much forced cramming, there they expect you to think and develop skills you will need, more hands on.

Yet these over entitled kids, pass out of University with grades and nothing else, and end up being "placed" in lucrative jobs by their parents at the expense of more local graduates, a cycle that must be broken by all means!!

I'm not saying no to Western education, but no to this cycle of robbing the Nigerian peoples money to improve yourself and your family ,then denying the same Nigerian people the opportunity to aspire to good jobs by reserving these same jobs for your overseas trained spoilt brats.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK by Musty112: 1:03pm On Jun 29, 2020
The sad thing is that a law graduate or a medicine graduate or a graduate of any other course who went to fed varsity for close to nothing in and who is outside for postgraduate studies will have the effontry to blame the govt too

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK by flyingpig: 1:08pm On Jun 29, 2020
onyechez:

Sure, we need to get our priorities right before we jump into troubles.
I read a news where a Nigerian student spent thousands of pounds in the UK to get a PHD degree in the UK but was refused and discriminated against, she requested for a refund but to no avail did she get it, she came back to Nigeria and re-apply to go to the UK but was denied visa, such news should get to naira land to so that the relevant authorities would help her.

God!

UK Government is wicked!

Whereas she can spend such amount in Canada and be awarded with a Permanent Residence status after graduation.

This is sad.
Re: Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK by googi: 1:16pm On Jun 29, 2020
mattfeuter:

Oga keep quiet!

Who is we?

Actually you should be ashamed of yourself and those like you.

Who define standard Education? Is that why students of the substandard African schools excel and succeed in the so called standard school abroad?

The only high standard in most African countries are those similar to American or British schools. This is why their names start with International, British or American with one or two groomed homeless, retired or fired staff from Europe and America attracting students and parents with looted incomes.

Ask yourselves where they get money to pay all those fees abroad and why Central Bank in Nigeria even allow it.

Do you guys realize that serious successful students abroad work full time and go to school full time?

Do you realize these students have parents, brothers and sisters at home in Nigeria they send money to in order to feed and pay fees in Nigeria?

Do you realize that the same money they and other foreign African workers send is more than incomes of most African countries?

That your looters and politicians go to black markets and scoop the money sent by the same African foreign workers?

Chinese, Russians, Cubans etc with their local standard of Education have produced international scientists and Nobel Laureates recognized in the same countries you copy copi their "standard" Education.

Your slave mentality will never end!
Re: Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK by Horus(m): 1:20pm On Jun 29, 2020
Build more Universities in Nigeria
Re: Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK by Horus(m): 1:20pm On Jun 29, 2020
Build more Universities in Nigeria
Re: Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK by mmsen: 1:40pm On Jun 29, 2020
Mumu people.

Keep enriching your enemies.
Re: Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK by mattfeuter(m): 1:42pm On Jun 29, 2020
googi:

Actually you should be ashamed of yourself and those like you.

Who define standard Education? Is that why students of the substandard African schools excel and succeed in the so called standard school abroad?

The only high standard in most African countries are those similar to American or British schools. This is why their names start with International, British or American with one or two groomed homeless, retired or fired staff from Europe and America attracting students and parents with looted incomes.

Ask yourselves where they get money to pay all those fees abroad and why Central Bank in Nigeria even allow it.

Do you guys realize that serious successful students abroad work full time and go to school full time?

Do you realize these students have parents, brothers and sisters at home in Nigeria they send money to in order to feed and pay fees in Nigeria?

Do you realize that the same money they and other foreign African workers send is more than incomes of most African countries?

That your looters and politicians go to black markets and scoop the money sent by the same African foreign workers?

Chinese, Russians, Cubans etc with their local standard of Education have produced international scientists and Nobel Laureates recognized in the same countries you copy copi their "standard" Education.

Your slave mentality will never end!

Damnnnn. . . You’re dumber than I thought tongue
Re: Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK by blessedchild234(m): 1:46pm On Jun 29, 2020
Imagine putting these money into our academical sector here in Nigeria but alas the whole Nigerian educational system has crumbled to the ground.
Re: Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK by uvie66: 2:38pm On Jun 29, 2020
Anneka101:

SOLAR PANEL 250WATTS 24V

090 5042 9481

You are still smarter than the international students but when the government is looking to build bridges and railways they go for Chinese engineers, ordinary common generator our so called 'smart' engineers can't assemble or is it washing machine... yeah smart indeed.
Re: Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK by uvie66: 2:43pm On Jun 29, 2020
Anneka101:

SOLAR PANEL 250WATTS 24V

090 5042 9481

Even the luminous inverter you are trying to flog is made in India...I suppose your smart Nigeria engineers couldn't couple that together either.
Re: Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK by mentored: 2:56pm On Jun 29, 2020
Sodiquinone:
UK is a terrible place to go for schooling, u pay high tuition fee and they send u back to ur country immediately u finish

You didn’t read

Pele
Re: Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK by mentored: 2:58pm On Jun 29, 2020
BigBashiru:

White kids and black kids are sent to university
The white kids like Newton start coming up with laws of motion and relativity show the black kids form cults and kill themselves over women with marchers. Fg isn't to blame rather the inhabitants of the nation need to have an introspection. It wasn't UK government that forced Newton to master physics so government shouldn't have to force Nigerian students. Pls stop inventing excuses.

Tarrrrrr
Re: Nigerians Pay N152b Tuition In UK by mentored: 3:01pm On Jun 29, 2020
Newboss:
Totally worth it! The exposure is life changing

Tell them ooooo

It’s worth every dim

Even better now

When you have 2 years to work or hopefully get employed.

A friend got employed last year

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Protest Against The Hike In AAUA Tuition Fee. / 10 States With The Highest Number Of Universities In Nigeria / UI Student Develops Lemongrass-based Insecticides Against Beans Weevils

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.