Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? (74221 Views)

Stamp Duty Charges Extended To Savings Account / What Is The Difference Between A Current Account And A Savings Account? / What's The Best Bank For Savings Of Business Income? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by entrep88: 2:42pm On Jun 29, 2020
UBA.
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jun 29, 2020
try fcmb and you will never regret it
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by MrBONE2(m): 2:45pm On Jun 29, 2020
Calabar1stSon:
None! Just put your money inside nylon then bury am for ground or you do saving box!
[img]http:///media/12-24-2016/E1c7QP.gif[/img]
grin

Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by Clicked: 2:45pm On Jun 29, 2020
kponkedenge:
I would say Ecobank, I receive credit alert from them on my savings account despite the fact that I hardly ever use the account.
My most active accounts are in Access bank which I have two accounts there.
I have never ever received any credit alert from Access bank..... Only debit. I was recently debited for the stamp duty charge three times and only credited back twice. I'm still waiting for my N50 balance.
Ecobank rarely debit my account.

For me it's the exact opposite. Right now my Ecobank account is in minus. I have four bank accounts and never in my life has any of the others been in the red.

I never would have opened an account with them, it was NYSC that gave us the banks to use according to our state code. Ecobank kept on deducting from my account until it entered minus. I sent #300 again to see if it was a fluke but again, they deducted it till my account was reading minus something naira. I kukuma just left the account like that.

Access bank though, always pays me interest. Maybe it's because I don't touch the money in it. It's my main savings account and I don't have an ATM card for it, so the only thing I do is to keep adding money to it.
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by umobile: 2:47pm On Jun 29, 2020
Ecobank is the best. They have super saver account that pays interest of between 4.5%-5% per month.
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by Skymoore1004: 2:52pm On Jun 29, 2020
For Savings Purpose
Accessbank
Standard Chartered
Gtbank

For Internet Banking & Online Business Purpose
GTB
ZenithBank
Ecobank

For Business & Entrepreneurship Purpose
Fidelity
Accessbank
Stanbic Bank

For correct domiciliary account
FidelityBank
Standard chartered
Stanbic

For unnecessarily crowd full of hungry looking people
Gtbank
Firstbank

For just out of pity and to support their growth
Polaris
Keystone
Heritage
Wema

If you want your money to be vanishing
Unity bank
UBA
Union bank

If I did not mention your bank name, please just go and close your account grin grin, your bank no follow talk.

You’re welcome grin

4 Likes

Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by Awelo12(m): 2:53pm On Jun 29, 2020
Same here
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by oofjm: 2:56pm On Jun 29, 2020
Trayceey:
are you serious?
as in ehh,what to ask the same thing...
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by zunnurain33(m): 2:58pm On Jun 29, 2020
I recommend Sterling bank and first bank.
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by DaddyGngeess(m): 3:02pm On Jun 29, 2020
Ecobank, every month they add interest to my money.
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by Skymoore1004: 3:04pm On Jun 29, 2020
How much interest?
I left ecobank because their transactions are slow.
The person wey dey wait for alert go think say you set lie
DaddyGngeess:
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by Skymoore1004: 3:05pm On Jun 29, 2020
No mind them.
Even the ones wey not get pass 2k, follow dey complain for stamp duty. They don refund an sef
chubinwa:
Access bank is not as bad as people have painted it to be. moreover, before the incessant deduction of cash from her customers, they already made prior notice. access bank is still cool.
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by 27Pushing30: 3:08pm On Jun 29, 2020
[quote author=LudaChriz post=91193290]A lot of people are used to complaining about various commercial banks in Nigeria especially the low income earners as regards the dubious charges perpetrated by these Banks.

So I want to ask, which Bank is more considerate in terms of their charges for savings account currently?

Don't forget to tell us your reasons.

Let's talk business[/quote

Savings accounts until thanks to FG stamp duty recently do not carry charges

Most Nigerians run savings account like current account which is quite laughable which is why many banks have had to think up some hybrid products

Most people commenting here do not even receive interests on their savings
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by sammirano: 3:14pm On Jun 29, 2020
joyandfaith:

there are two three banks in Nigeria-gtb/fbn, zenith and others

You ger am
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by Shancca: 3:14pm On Jun 29, 2020
culf:
GTB.

Avoid GTBank for your own good.
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by blingxx(m): 3:15pm On Jun 29, 2020
Katier00:
I use access and gtb. Gtb staff are very rude especially their women. I am heading to zenith now

you are very right ,I almost abuse one of them this january very rude bunch of nuisance them no dey fine sef undecided

3 Likes

Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by Generalkorex(m): 3:18pm On Jun 29, 2020
LudaChriz:

No allow people roast u oh cheesy

Modified:
Based on popular recommendation so far, Zenith Bank carries the league is the GOAT Bank grin grin

Zenith Bank here I come
But why is no one talking about standard charted bank. That's the best bank I've ever used.
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jun 29, 2020
choose your wahala bank bro...i use diamond access they pay me between 5k-7k interest per month
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by blingxx(m): 3:19pm On Jun 29, 2020
OffsahBoye:
I'm heading to Zenith with what am seeing

you can open zero account by dailing their code on phone (I forgot but google it on your own) ..complete the registration later in the bank
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by ababagaruba: 3:19pm On Jun 29, 2020
eco bank and uba
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by highness25(m): 3:19pm On Jun 29, 2020
jericco1:
God knows that I'll never bank with Access after November. I'll close my accounts with them angry angry
My fellow corp member I sight you. After November they're on their own
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by Generalkorex(m): 3:20pm On Jun 29, 2020
DaddyGngeess:
That's true
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by Abusadiq01(m): 3:21pm On Jun 29, 2020
1030:
I have accounts with GT, Access, Zenith,UBA,Firstbank but I will recommend Zenith for savings.

Bros come, u be Yahoo boy?
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by Chamberlin1983(m): 3:25pm On Jun 29, 2020
Thats true. You are really on point.
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by mamatwiny(f): 3:26pm On Jun 29, 2020
Pwhitelaw:
U.B.A pay 3000 on 500k......You should be getting 6k with UBA.

Every month or every 3months?
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by chatinent: 3:28pm On Jun 29, 2020
But I like my Polaris Bank.

1 Like

Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by jericco1(m): 3:33pm On Jun 29, 2020
chymes0359:

My brother you are a copper.

Batch C stream II

���

How you take know cheesy

1 Like

Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by DimIsaac10(m): 3:33pm On Jun 29, 2020
Depending on how much you have in ur acct.
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by Yenny4real(f): 3:36pm On Jun 29, 2020
The best is standard Chartered Bank. Unfortunately not popular.

Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by gunnersway(m): 3:37pm On Jun 29, 2020
LudaChriz:
A lot of people are used to complaining about various commercial banks in Nigeria especially the low income earners as regards the dubious charges perpetrated by these Banks.

So I want to ask, which Bank is more considerate in terms of their charges for savings account currently?

Don't forget to tell us your reasons.

Let's talk business
V Bank
Re: Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? by Skymoore1004: 3:38pm On Jun 29, 2020
Because don jazzy dey do giveaway abi? Don’t worry dem to soon japa with una money
gunnersway:

V Bank

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

Dangote Refinery Installs Largest Single Crude Distillation Column - Pictures / 17 Companies Licensed By CBN As Mobile Money Operators In Nigeria (Full List) / What 1 Trillion Naira Looks Like? Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.