Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,186 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

FG Set To Repair Lagos-abeokuta Expressway (photos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG Set To Repair Lagos-abeokuta Expressway (photos) (42726 Views)

Petrol-Laden Tanker Explodes On Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway (Photos, Video) / Accident At Abule-Egba Head Bridge Along Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway (photos) / Inside Lufasi Nature Park, Lekki-Epe Expressway (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Set To Repair Lagos-abeokuta Expressway (photos) by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jun 29, 2020
mamaafrik:
hmmmm,the one ambode did na shoddy work,from ileepo to oshodi,the contractor no even get name.
Na we we thing,dwm go con claim billions from F.G

Which shoddy work? Are you okay? What of Ajah bridge and Abulegba bridge, are they also shoddy work?? Visit oke-odo from egbeda to command , to raypower road to Lagos - ota boundary... What are you saying? Please shut up

1 Like

Re: FG Set To Repair Lagos-abeokuta Expressway (photos) by Tremple8v: 10:06pm On Jun 29, 2020
The road is really bad . I dont drive there anymore , I pass tru otta to ipaja
Re: FG Set To Repair Lagos-abeokuta Expressway (photos) by Bobby4090: 10:07pm On Jun 29, 2020
luxy44:
We are already feeling the absence of Ambode. I won't deceive myself. Sanwoolu is a puppet. Ambode constructed many roads in Alimosho. Some he couldn't complete before leaving office, our Tinubu's boy is yet to finish a road around that axis since Ambode left. Even the Agege bridge is gradually becoming a mirage. This Sanwoolu is not just proactive.

Ambode did well when it comes to roads, but thats not a reason to start calling Sanwo Olu a puppet because Ambode was equally a puppet.

One problem Ambode had was that he deliberately abandoned all the projects Fashola couldn't finish and started new ones. That's not how government works. The Lagos Badagry road that millions of people use was deliberately abandoned for 4 years. It would have been completed by now.
How would Ambode feel if all his uncompleted projects are equally abandoned by Sanwo Olu.
And for your information, the Agege bridge is now almost completed by Sanwo Olu.

1 Like

Re: FG Set To Repair Lagos-abeokuta Expressway (photos) by DEROX: 10:08pm On Jun 29, 2020
AudioNews:
Audio News,
Fulani FG Scamming Afonjas in dis Road since 1801
you later graduated from your ewedu and amala constant rants glory to God o
Re: FG Set To Repair Lagos-abeokuta Expressway (photos) by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jun 29, 2020
Bobby4090:

Ambode did well when it comes to roads, but thats not a reason to start calling Sanwo Olu a puppet because Ambode was equally a puppet.

One problem Ambode had was that he deliberately abandoned all the projects Fashola couldn't finish and started new ones. That's not how government works. The Lagos Badagry road that millions of people use was deliberately abandoned for 4 years. It would have been completed by now.
How would Ambode feel if all his uncompleted projects are equally abandoned by Sanwo Olu.
And for your information, the Agege bridge is now almost completed by Sanwo Olu.

That agege bridge would have taken Ambode just 18months. Ajah bridge and Abulegba bridge were built concurrently for 18months. Ambode isn't a puppet, that was why he fell out with the APC governing council.

1 Like

Re: FG Set To Repair Lagos-abeokuta Expressway (photos) by hayobami7(m): 10:11pm On Jun 29, 2020
this road is so bad....
Re: FG Set To Repair Lagos-abeokuta Expressway (photos) by BOOKWORMLUX(m): 10:20pm On Jun 29, 2020
A better Nigeria
Re: FG Set To Repair Lagos-abeokuta Expressway (photos) by cray91(m): 10:22pm On Jun 29, 2020
Set to. let them repair it first before you remove cap. the set to can be in 2024
Baloranking:

Nice one federal government
Re: FG Set To Repair Lagos-abeokuta Expressway (photos) by ofiko123(m): 10:23pm On Jun 29, 2020
Good news..
Re: FG Set To Repair Lagos-abeokuta Expressway (photos) by tobillionaire(m): 10:25pm On Jun 29, 2020
ijustdey:

https://www.independent.ng/finally-fg-set-to-repair-lagos-abeokuta-expressway/
please, something should be done to sango-idiroko road asap. The road is also a nightmare, too many heavy duty trucks on that road due to the industries in that area, and their activities are causing more damages to d road. The road is without drainage which has worsen the situation in this wet season

1 Like

Re: FG Set To Repair Lagos-abeokuta Expressway (photos) by dayorich: 10:45pm On Jun 29, 2020
Have they completed Lagos - Ibadan Expressway already?
Re: FG Set To Repair Lagos-abeokuta Expressway (photos) by deavicky(m): 10:52pm On Jun 29, 2020
Good will punish who ever is called FG.
Re: FG Set To Repair Lagos-abeokuta Expressway (photos) by Kingzeez10: 10:57pm On Jun 29, 2020
CsRockefeller:

Don't try to malign his character with false story.

This road was reconstructed by JB during OBJs administration in 2006 from the toll gate end up to Oshodi.

The pressure on the road and subsequent failure to carry out maintenance and repairs on failed portions contributed to its present rot.

Lest I forget, it's not d whole expressway that has failed, mainly from Abulegba down to Toll gate is bad.
You don't know what you're saying. What about iyana ilogbo-Owode ijako-joju axis?

1 Like

Re: FG Set To Repair Lagos-abeokuta Expressway (photos) by longjohnsilver: 10:59pm On Jun 29, 2020
Re: FG Set To Repair Lagos-abeokuta Expressway (photos) by Westernlove: 11:02pm On Jun 29, 2020
SHIIITHOLE
Re: FG Set To Repair Lagos-abeokuta Expressway (photos) by Beautyaddy: 11:09pm On Jun 29, 2020
tsspsolutions:
Too many people living in that axis thereby piling pressure on the infrastructure.

You mean too many Animals(acting as human beings) are living on that axis and allowing their Fanatically Corrupt Governors to get away with deceiving them all these years. angry

1 Like

Re: FG Set To Repair Lagos-abeokuta Expressway (photos) by Brunicekid(m): 11:29pm On Jun 29, 2020
I do pass the road too... This is really very pathetic!!!
Re: FG Set To Repair Lagos-abeokuta Expressway (photos) by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jun 29, 2020
tsspsolutions:
Too many people living in that axis thereby piling pressure on the infrastructure.
Not really. Those heavy trucks contributed to the bad state of the road. Lots of industries are concentrated in sango,, ota, ewekoro etc and their major route to lagos is that axis. Its expected to be a trunk A' road but the job done from the onset was very bad with repeat jobs done barely months after construction.
Re: FG Set To Repair Lagos-abeokuta Expressway (photos) by PaulH07: 11:54pm On Jun 29, 2020
Queenserah26:
This is long overdue sad

Sweetie kiss
Re: FG Set To Repair Lagos-abeokuta Expressway (photos) by One4me: 12:03am On Jun 30, 2020
The general public are however concerned as to what happened to the much publicized contract for the reconstruction of the expressway, given to Julius Berger Nigeria, PLC, and was flagged off in May 14, 2018, by Mr. Babatunde Fashola, (SAN) the then Minister of Power, Works and Housing of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, to improve the state of the road and subsequently eliminate the obvious carnage and suffering of commuters.

The contract was awarded at the sum of N22, 000,000,000.00, equivalent to $61,380,000.00. Two sections of the expressway were to be reconstructed, including; Section I (Lagos to Ota) and section II (Ota to Abeokuta).

To find out the position of the government on the obvious bad condition of the road, I spoke with, Engineer Kayode Popoola, the Director of Works, Federal Ministry of Works and Housing, Lagos state, last week and he told me he was presently in Abuja holding meetings in respect of the road, stating that. “The contractor has just been mobilized back to site to resume reconstruction works of the Lagos-Abeokuta express road.

They will be working from Owode-Ijako in Ogun into Lagos and in a few weeks time
, road users will begin to see their impact on the road”.

PULL QUOTE:

“The contractor has just been mobilized back to site to resume reconstruction works of the Lagos-Abeokuta express road. They will be working from Owode-Ijako in Ogun into Lagos and in a few weeks time, road users will begin to see their impact on the road”.

You see what l hav ebeen wailing and Zombeeing about in the past One year?
When it comes to roads in the South, it will take Four years to MOBILISE contractors to site, another one year to visit Buhari and then Buhari will refuse to release fund or give instructions to that effect, till 2023.

But go and look atALL the Roadn And rail projects in the North.
All completed and in use, New ones now been awarded.

Buhari wants to destroy Southern Nigeria, before 2023. Buhari is using the resources of Southern Nigeria to develop the North.
By tomorrow Tuesday July 1, 2020, it wil be Gas Pipe taking our gas to the North, and three New Power Plants, one in kano and One in Kaduna, when all our own power Plants have no gas and are working at 30% installed capacity.

Anyone who has not seen Buhari for the genocidal, Nepotistic, enabler of foreign terrorists Fulani Herdsmen that he is, is probably blind. Cursed leader

1 Like

Re: FG Set To Repair Lagos-abeokuta Expressway (photos) by frog12: 12:06am On Jun 30, 2020
e go spoil again after 6 months
Re: FG Set To Repair Lagos-abeokuta Expressway (photos) by Ezmans: 12:06am On Jun 30, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
Failed state!smh...the British should come back.
it's my prayer every day

1 Like

Re: FG Set To Repair Lagos-abeokuta Expressway (photos) by One4me: 12:08am On Jun 30, 2020
AudioNews:
Audio News,
Fulani FG Scamming Afonjas in dis Road since 1801

This is Ariaria INTERNATIONAL Market of the japan and Dubai combined. undecided kiss

So beautiful to behold, dont mind those who call the South East a health risk worse Pandemic than Covid-19 grin grin

2 Likes

Re: FG Set To Repair Lagos-abeokuta Expressway (photos) by One4me: 12:26am On Jun 30, 2020
gabbasin:
I was on the road today, and it was really frustrating, first time in my life to say to someone that Nigeria is cursed, go slow from ijako ota all the way to arigbajo, so terrible a road, a major road linking Abeokuta to the commercial city of Lagos, first time I regret having sympathy for the 'change' government. Walahi, I was cursing Fashola while meandering through the death trap called Lagos Abeokuta expressway, I spend 4hrs from Abule Egba to Papalanto. It was frustrating, I was asking my son of 15 years who cursed Nigeria, the boy was just looking at me like 'why Dad is angry like this'

Fashola can only ASK, Buhari has refused to release money meant for Projects meant for the South of Nigeria, through his Fulani Minister for Finance.
When was the last time you heard 'pim' from Fashola? he is just bidding his time, since they said he should not resig otherwise, the Devil in Aso Rock would use another Fulani to replace him.
Re: FG Set To Repair Lagos-abeokuta Expressway (photos) by Queenserah26(f): 12:35am On Jun 30, 2020
wink
PaulH07:

Sweetie kiss
Re: FG Set To Repair Lagos-abeokuta Expressway (photos) by PaulH07: 12:37am On Jun 30, 2020
Queenserah26:
wink

Wanna mail you now.
Re: FG Set To Repair Lagos-abeokuta Expressway (photos) by Queenserah26(f): 12:38am On Jun 30, 2020
Okay
PaulH07:

Wanna mail you now.
Re: FG Set To Repair Lagos-abeokuta Expressway (photos) by Nobody: 12:51am On Jun 30, 2020
Ezmans:
it's my prayer every day

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Crazy Story In A Tanzania Prison / Woman Shares Injury Inflicted On Her By A Bolt Driver (Photos) / New Great Shorts Of Eko-atlantic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.