Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,192 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? (27024 Views)

How To Prepare For A Job Right After School / How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? / Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by hakeem4(m): 12:05pm On Jul 01, 2020
Just have the right connections that’s the best thing
Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by Authoreety: 12:05pm On Jul 01, 2020
Enter
Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by AbuAeesha: 12:05pm On Jul 01, 2020
lolz pal,this life has no manual,what works out for A might never work out for B. just work diligently and hope/pray for Grace.
that's all

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by AdaoraNK(f): 12:06pm On Jul 01, 2020
With the situation of the Nigerian economy and unemployment rate, people are still seeking of how to get job.

You can easily raise 50k from you allowance and venture into something that can fetch you like 1,500 t0 2,000 daily. Just think out-of-the box.

9 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by LordIsaac(m): 12:06pm On Jul 01, 2020
After NYSC, you will now learn a skill like other humans such as mechanic, carpentry, tailoring, to mention but a few... And these skills are all you would need for the remaining part of your life not wasted in school.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by BluntTheApostle(m): 12:06pm On Jul 01, 2020
kamtrix:
Hello everyone, I'm wondering, what is the best process for an NYSC Corper to secure an accommodation immediately after Nysc without having to struggle with jumping from one desperate interview to another?

Comments and experiences are very welcomed please.

Also, kindly I want to discourage much talks of starting a business, that's not what this thread is about. Thank you.

Know someone at the top. Otherwise, you will jump higher than a monkey and still not get a good job.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by Komu1048(m): 12:06pm On Jul 01, 2020
P
Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by Morrison91(m): 12:07pm On Jul 01, 2020
Bro..Try raise some funds and set up a bizz...
Don't just waste your time looking for job except you have a legit connection

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by Obiesie1994(m): 12:07pm On Jul 01, 2020
The best is while on service engage yourself to one skill...learn any skill of your choice incase if miracle job never come then tru that skill you learnt u will be feeding and be sheltering yourself
Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by pauladonis(m): 12:07pm On Jul 01, 2020
Bitcoin Investment is definitely worth a shot... I just collected my last allowee and I have already invested more than half into bitcoin...

But more than anything, invest in yourself... Learn a skill while you hunt for a job. You can't spend too much on improving yourself. The amount of money I've spent on learning new skills in the past one year gives me the confidence to raise my middle finger to poverty, we can never meet again...

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by Nairalandmonika: 12:07pm On Jul 01, 2020
doggedfighter:

I'm a sister though. If you see food eat. Fasting does nothing.

We will be fine las las grin grin
Am still looking for job o, if not I would have just marry u.

U get sense.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by doggedfighter(f): 12:07pm On Jul 01, 2020
judedwriter:

Why don't you try praise? wink
Not only praise he should try somersaulting too undecided

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by ENGINEERG(m): 12:07pm On Jul 01, 2020
Learn a vocation skill, start your work with it, if job comes , do both, if not become your own CEO.
.you may not even find any job again if God blesses your hand work....like me I have never written a CV and I graduated 10 years ago

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by doggedfighter(f): 12:08pm On Jul 01, 2020
ENGINEERG:
Learn a vocation skill, start your work with it, if job comes , do both, if not become your own CEO.
.you may not even find any job again if God blesses your hand work....like me I have never written a CV and I graduated 10 years ago

What skills did you aqcuire?
Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by Preciousojoka(m): 12:09pm On Jul 01, 2020
Gotta be before NYSC, in fact immediately you start having sense
Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by Myketuale(m): 12:09pm On Jul 01, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

They are too many but the problem is Nigeria. For instance, in developed countries skills like plumbing, auto mechanics, electricians and all aren't bad skills but in Nigeria people don't have money to pay for your services when you get those skills. Best to acquire skills you can use to work remotely or get a visa sponsorship job.

like which one Sir?
Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by Nairalandmonika: 12:09pm On Jul 01, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

They are too many but the problem is Nigeria. For instance, in developed countries skills like plumbing, auto mechanics, electricians and all aren't bad skills but in Nigeria people don't have money to pay for your services when you get those skills. Best to acquire skills you can use to work remotely or get a visa sponsorship job.
How do I go about the visa sponsorship job.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by VirginSearcher(m): 12:10pm On Jul 01, 2020
BLUELemon:
Fasting and prayers although it hasn't worked for me
grin Many are mad but few are roaming

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by judedwriter(m): 12:11pm On Jul 01, 2020
doggedfighter:

Not only praise he should try somersaulting too undecided

If that can get him a job, why not?

And when he gets it, he mustn't forget to thank you on this forum grin
Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by isuomo: 12:11pm On Jul 01, 2020
The best advice i give young graduates like you is to volunteer for the first one year, during this period you are acquiring skills and strengthening your CV, by the time you are about to finish your volunteer experience you are already ahead of thousands of your mates who sat on their asses from day one looking for jobs without experience. You can't go wrong with that approach and many have gone on to full time employment after the experience.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by divieq17: 12:13pm On Jul 01, 2020
Are You Unemployed? 18 Years And Above? Male/female? Graduates and Non-Graduates! Then This Is For You!!

EQUILOG Training Institute.

In our fast changing world where job loss has become a norm and job titles are beginning to change, more persons are seeking to acquire SKILLS to enhance their employ-ability and job prospects adding value to human capital and development for persons who have TRAVEL plans, aim to work in oil and gas firms (offshore), construction, manufacturing and production companies.

Heavy machinery operators are highly sort after in Nigeria and other industrialized nations in the world like Canada, Australia, Dubai, United States of America and more.

We train clients on how to operate heavy machinery such as Reachstacker, Excavator, Crane, Bulldozer and Forklift.

We are accredited with OSHA training materials from Hardhat Training Centre in the United States of America.

Benefits

* Certification
*Job Assistance
* Internship Program
* Professional CV design

Visit us for more details @ Royal Cedar Office KM 25 Lekki Epe Expressway Opposite Fidelity Bank Ajah, Lagos

Feel free to join our official enquiry group on whatsapp if you have any questions.

https:///LAvrj5CI3ymKNPrVEs5NiL

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by doggedfighter(f): 12:13pm On Jul 01, 2020
AdaoraNK:
With the situation of the Nigerian economy and unemployment rate, people are still seeking of how to get job.

You can easily raise 50k from you allowance and venture into something that can fetch you like 1,500 t0 2,000 daily. Just think out-of-the box.

Adaora nwannem, venture into things like what I need this information biko ,inugo.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by bigiyaro(m): 12:13pm On Jul 01, 2020
tensazangetsu20:
Use your service year to acquire an indemand skill. Start applying to jobs two months to end of service. 50 jobs a day minimum.
that is 3k applications. 3k CVs is not easy.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by qanda: 12:13pm On Jul 01, 2020
Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by confidential20: 12:16pm On Jul 01, 2020
It depends on what you study or which job role you which to settle for. Which ever it is you've to acquire or own certifications depending on what your field entails. This will make you have an edge over others.

Secondly it is very important for you to work on your CV and Linkden profile. This is your Identity in front of an employer. Infact you should spend most of your time on LinkedIn, that way you will meet people with the same profile with you which you can as well replicate on your profile. But you need to try not to write things you ain't on your cv.

This is my 1cent. I would have loved to write extensively on this. They're jobs out there but job seekers don't search enough.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by SmartPolician: 12:16pm On Jul 01, 2020
Connection
Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jul 01, 2020
BLUELemon:
Fasting and prayers although it hasn't worked for me
It will work surely,just add a little work to it...I was in that hole..
Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by Bloghomies(m): 12:16pm On Jul 01, 2020
There is no right or wrong way. The most important thing is what you want. Most times, learning or starting a self-reliant business doesn't always come with regret. You will cherish it, especially due to the freedom it offers. You might find www.bloghomies.com helpful in discovering your life path. smiley
Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by kaycee125: 12:17pm On Jul 01, 2020
Try to become a presidential awardee by carrying out a remarkable project, you get automatic employment ad and scholarship to Ph.D level.
Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by SmartPolician: 12:19pm On Jul 01, 2020
AdaoraNK:

Nne, like?

Biko help me think out of the box because my box is empty grin
Re: What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? by alizma: 12:19pm On Jul 01, 2020
Mizfabulous18:
Learn a soft skill while doing a side business then apply for jobs bet u u wont regret it cos time wait for no one ooospeaking from experience when I finished I was all about getting a job getting a job when I should hv been acquiring employable skills especially if ur a woman u will definitely get a job trust me
Did you read the last part of the post?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Should I Consider This As A Rejection Message / Do You Need A Better Job 2020? Come in! Lets get you a job / Which Company Never Increase Salary For It's Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.