Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,885 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

NASS Halts Planned Hike In Electricity Tariffs - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NASS Halts Planned Hike In Electricity Tariffs (20244 Views)

No Planned Hike In Petrol Price At Our Retail Outlets, Says NNPC / Labour Accepts Deregulation As Government Halts Hike In Electricity Tariffs / Why NLC Won’t Protest Hike In Petrol, Electricity Tariffs Yet – Wabba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NASS Halts Planned Hike In Electricity Tariffs by chloride6: 10:12pm On Jun 29, 2020
Katier00:
How many times dey wan increase the tariff na

As many times as it takes for 1kWh to be 12 cents or more
Re: NASS Halts Planned Hike In Electricity Tariffs by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jun 29, 2020
Katier00:
How many times dey wan increase the tariff na
E don reach 5 times wey Buhari don increase am.And no be say power supply dey stable.If IMF and World bank no give am loan he go dey look for where he go collect am from the people of Nigeria.He don increase VAT,POS service charge,bank stamp duty,fuel.Now na electricity tariffs.
Re: NASS Halts Planned Hike In Electricity Tariffs by Douglaufuoma(m): 10:15pm On Jun 29, 2020
OPPPS:

The FG has no power regards increment in the power tariff. They just played their intervention role as expected here.
Recall your Otuoke fisherman years ago mortgaged the Power distribution to his cronies and his woman friends in dubious manner called privatilization
my dear it's like u were not born when my otuoke fisherman was a president, if is the case I will remind u. I didn't pay more than #2000 for nepa bill through the is regime, secondly the minister of power and government power agency were in constant support of the mass that was why there was no case of power fee increase. and what has stop i
ur super president from revoking their license for more than 4years and or is he dubious too
Re: NASS Halts Planned Hike In Electricity Tariffs by Brushstrokes20: 10:24pm On Jun 29, 2020
Really?....so anything good could still come out of this satanic, self serving govt ?

.....they better cancel the nonsense!
Re: NASS Halts Planned Hike In Electricity Tariffs by hisexcellency34: 10:30pm On Jun 29, 2020
NASS dey do like better people...arrangee things
Re: NASS Halts Planned Hike In Electricity Tariffs by Jamesbiodun(m): 10:34pm On Jun 29, 2020
hike or no hike they are giving out crazy bill before now
Re: NASS Halts Planned Hike In Electricity Tariffs by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 10:35pm On Jun 29, 2020
I don't know why these demons are bent on making life hard for people.
They want to increase the tariff so that if you use to buy 5k electricity a month, you will buy 10k and it won't still be enough because what they will give you will be that of 4k. Instead of the NASS to make sure such plans to come to light, they are promising them till next year. What will happen next year that's not happening now. Will they increase salaries, will they provide prepaid meters, will they increase production, will they make other things cheaper so that Nigerians can afford hike in electricity? Or will the same people collecting the same pay and paying the same taxes and struggling to survive be the ones to pay for the hike?
Nigeria is just a dead country waiting to be burried and forgotten. How can a private business being funded by the government still be as useless and This. Why then do government invest in power.
Honestly I can't wait for Nigeria to start existing only in history books. It's painful

2 Likes

Re: NASS Halts Planned Hike In Electricity Tariffs by omoharry(f): 10:44pm On Jun 29, 2020
Dont mind them oo! they are made that effect already.At present we now pay higher for electricity.We have prepaid meter and a N5000 does not take us for a week anymore.
Re: NASS Halts Planned Hike In Electricity Tariffs by begge: 10:51pm On Jun 29, 2020
Jubrl need more money to renew his mask to always look younger.
Re: NASS Halts Planned Hike In Electricity Tariffs by favour32(m): 10:56pm On Jun 29, 2020
tutudesz:
After I don go buy credit full my card already undecided before Dem do their 100% increase
Re: NASS Halts Planned Hike In Electricity Tariffs by favour32(m): 10:57pm On Jun 29, 2020
Nickymichy:
This people are funny ooo...instead of them to be looking for a way to make the light steady... They are thinking about increasing the tariff...nawa ooo
Re: NASS Halts Planned Hike In Electricity Tariffs by Kelvin30286063(m): 11:01pm On Jun 29, 2020
They must be crazy... When my electricity bill is 28k a month for a 3 bedroom flat.
Re: NASS Halts Planned Hike In Electricity Tariffs by mechanics(m): 11:17pm On Jun 29, 2020
They did well.
Re: NASS Halts Planned Hike In Electricity Tariffs by MajorOvakporaye(f): 11:17pm On Jun 29, 2020
post=91212818:
Good development, but it will be better they cancel it outrightly

God bless Nigeria.

have you grilled some audio meat for darling daddy today?
Re: NASS Halts Planned Hike In Electricity Tariffs by Kingspin(m): 11:20pm On Jun 29, 2020
Nigeria has a leadership problem
Re: NASS Halts Planned Hike In Electricity Tariffs by Ijaya123: 11:24pm On Jun 29, 2020
Douglaufuoma:
what do federal government stand to gain from suffering it's citizens and placing so much load on their head. aviation fee increase, fuel price increase, tax increase now power increase. who knows the next thing fg will increase. God bless NASS

Fuel price has dropped, mind you but it can still get better.
Re: NASS Halts Planned Hike In Electricity Tariffs by pyrex23(m): 11:29pm On Jun 29, 2020
Is it only me that thought its been hiked already..?

1 Like

Re: NASS Halts Planned Hike In Electricity Tariffs by Moscodee1990(m): 11:30pm On Jun 29, 2020
Hmmm I can't be deceived, tariff thats already been increased since, .
Just tell us you're trying to officially announce the increment.
Re: NASS Halts Planned Hike In Electricity Tariffs by WelcomeToBiafra: 11:32pm On Jun 29, 2020
Nickymichy:
This people are funny ooo...instead of them to be looking for a way to make the light steady... They are thinking about increasing the tariff...nawa ooo

Because you are in the zoo called niga area. Politicak Demonic witches ruling nigeria.

Support Biafra freedom for uninterruptes electricity and good lives.
Re: NASS Halts Planned Hike In Electricity Tariffs by WelcomeToBiafra: 11:38pm On Jun 29, 2020
FlordFlorez:
Halt abi postponed. Are we to rejoice over this news? We will still pay the hike, nothing to rejoice about.

That is how fulani political terrorist roll. They simply took the implementation from the public, but realistically, taxpayers are still paying forcefully unknown.

Everybody are just waiting for Biafra Nation to be restored.
Re: NASS Halts Planned Hike In Electricity Tariffs by Emma1Oj(m): 11:40pm On Jun 29, 2020
Compassion01:
Thank God, this is not the right time for such
All of you shouting "thank God", " good development " or "nice move" una well done o..but for me I think they v already increase it since..March 2020. my bill has been tripled. from 1800,2000 or highest 2500 to 6000 above.
Re: NASS Halts Planned Hike In Electricity Tariffs by One4me: 11:50pm On Jun 29, 2020
oz4real83:
Yeye plus yeye equals yeye. Why not force them to give metres? No matter how much they increase it to, it won't be up to what we spend on generators everyday. Why not improve power and provide prepaid meters before u talk of increasing tariffs. As long as they keep on bringing estimated bills of what we didn't consume, we pay nepa officials for repairs, we replace damaged power accessories by our selves, there will always be problems.

God bless you!
Instead of these useless NASS to tell them, when you FULLY meter everyone, you can now increae the Tarrif in a cost reflective manner, they are yearning nonsense!.

Once everyone is Metered, it will improve service automatically because once they dont supply energy, we wont be buying Power credits and they wont be getting our money. You will be suprised they would become more efficient than the Telecoms.
it is as simple as that.

1 Like

Re: NASS Halts Planned Hike In Electricity Tariffs by One4me: 11:54pm On Jun 29, 2020
WelcomeToBiafra:

Because you are in the zoo called niga area. Politicak Demonic witches ruling nigeria.

Support Biafra freedom for uninterruptes electricity and good lives.

Hmmm.... come and hear talk o.
Why dont you show us how far you have turned the South East or just one state there, to Dubai, maybe envy will make us beg for hlep from you. grin grin
Or is is not that Bi@-Fr@ud Erosion Wasteland, the worst areas in Nigeria are to be found there. shocked
Yeeye dey smell.

1 Like

Re: NASS Halts Planned Hike In Electricity Tariffs by PopsiAde: 12:44am On Jun 30, 2020
"This was contained in a statement issued late Tuesday"
Are you for real?

1 Like

Re: NASS Halts Planned Hike In Electricity Tariffs by princepalace: 1:02am On Jun 30, 2020
which kind halt phcn has started already. the tariff charge has increase since 2weeks ago. the amount i bought 2000 naira worth of token has reduced from 60kilobite to 55kilobite. na them sabi
Re: NASS Halts Planned Hike In Electricity Tariffs by petitejolie(f): 1:21am On Jun 30, 2020
Nass is just saying their own. This people will still hike d tariffs and nothing will be done
Re: NASS Halts Planned Hike In Electricity Tariffs by drololaaof: 1:54am On Jun 30, 2020
They don't discuss steady and stable power supply but increase in bills dere is God
Re: NASS Halts Planned Hike In Electricity Tariffs by ikorodureporta: 2:20am On Jun 30, 2020
Audio halt... make una wait & see una July unincreased bills
Re: NASS Halts Planned Hike In Electricity Tariffs by ikorodureporta: 2:23am On Jun 30, 2020
drololaaof:
They don't discuss steady and stable power supply but increase in bills dere is God

It's not about steady power supply...those guys have more power to supply... they're looking for ways of trapping us with their new policy... The only thing we need now is meters
Re: NASS Halts Planned Hike In Electricity Tariffs by MondayOsunbor(m): 2:42am On Jun 30, 2020
Douglaufuoma:
sins of the father will visit the children and the unborn generation, it was the minister ur lovely daddy appointed that increase it at first, but ur spotless and caring father was not shock to know of the crease but u are here supporting the halting which ur self acclaim most holy president refuse to pay attention to. the innocent souls that have death in the same administration Will forever judge u and ur co-hurt

chief easy with the cursing

you should blame the south west who went to north to bring this evil upon the land

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Directs Reversal Of Electricity Tariff Adjustment / Two Men To Pay N1m For Blocking Governor Yahaya Bello’s Convoy / President Buhari Departs Abuja For Morocco (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.