Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,767 members, 7,798,559 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:48 AM

. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (1083 Views)

Flag Off , Models And Details Of The 3 Flyovers In Rivers State / Gov. Wike Sign Contract To Construct Flyovers In Rumuokoro And Others / My People Need Basic Amenities And Not Flyovers - Aminu Tambuwal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 5:57am On Jun 30, 2020

2 Likes

Re: . by seunlayi(m): 6:00am On Jun 30, 2020
No mind people though it is a necessary structure that should be there in the first place is there was adequate planning

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 6:04am On Jun 30, 2020
My dear...a governor that's not performing comes in and start building fly overs here and there then his praises increases... fly over that'll be useless even in years to come
Re: . by vanunu: 6:07am On Jun 30, 2020
vikkimimi:
My dear...a governor that's not performing comes in and start building fly overs here and there then his praises increases... fly over that'll be useless even in years to come

Is better to build overpass than to chop the money.

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 6:16am On Jun 30, 2020
-

1 Like

Re: . by gift01: 6:22am On Jun 30, 2020
They have this belief that it is easily a reference point for the world to see what is on ground

1 Like

Re: . by Lyydia(f): 6:27am On Jun 30, 2020
Showoff
Re: . by kettykings: 6:41am On Jun 30, 2020
if these flyovers where built in Lagos , some people will not allow internet to rest , now that the governor of a much over looked state is building it we critics have woken up from their slumber

4 Likes

Re: . by sinkhole: 6:46am On Jun 30, 2020
E be like say you no no Nigerians. From North to South, East to West we celebrate all the celebratables cheesy
When somebody gives birth, we celebrate. If somebody is giving birth to only boys, the day they have their first girl child they celebrate.
Wedding, death etc na celebration. It is same thing that propagate to governmental bodies: when government/governor/president sink borehole(s), celebration; when a bad road is graded (not tarred o), celebration; if governor or even house member gives sachet water to people, na dance party! cool cool

1 Like

Re: . by phorget(m): 6:49am On Jun 30, 2020
B3ACHSIDE:
It has been observed that Nigerian governors love building overpasses .They are so obsessed about it .And after building it,they enjoy posting it online to receive accolades for good performance . I'm not sure who started the trend but it seems to have become a mainstay and prerequisite for what is considered development by Nigerians.
It's become so bad that even if a Nigerian governor fails in other areas , he or she would be venerated for building one or two overpasses and other vanity structures outside of the realm of government's obligation. With that said , The Nigerian governors and by extension the citizens have wrong perception of the purpose of an overpass. The truth is that most of Nigeria's towns do not need overpasses , all they need are wider roads and traffic signs . Overpasses are meant for like freeways ,especially around interchanges , which Nigeria has none of . Most of the Nigerian overpasses i've seen look so out of place . Perhaps only Abuja and Lagos and to some extent Onitsha expressway even look like freeways and would need a few .

I think wider roads would do than overpasses. A few overpasses would do where needed ,and when there's actually real freeways . Nigerian governors , Please stop embarrassing the world by building vanity structures that are outside government's obligation.

Overpasses are a necessary necessity.
Have you ever wonder why skyscrapers are being built? Skyscraper saves the land around you as you can build towards the sky with no limit. Creating wider roads consumes more land then overpasses safes you the headache.

In years to come, those places you don't see reason why there should be an overpasses would be in need of it. Population increases on the daily and so also vehicular movements. Better to prepare now and I think Lagos State should be a good example,they never expected traffic would ever look like what it is now.

3 Likes

Re: . by YoungBlackRico(m): 7:17am On Jun 30, 2020
vikkimimi:
How will a flyover built in the right place become useless?
Re: . by Commonsense99: 7:43am On Jun 30, 2020
grin
well better late then never.. because of years and years of lack of development.
Re: . by iyke484real(m): 9:27am On Jun 30, 2020
Rubbish, senselessness, cluelesnes, bitterness and jealousy is all I can see in this foolish post....

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 6:45am On Jul 01, 2020
-

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 7:51am On Jul 01, 2020
Re: . by Duru1(m): 8:31am On Jul 01, 2020
B3ACHSIDE:
It has been observed that Nigerian governors love building overpasses .They are so obsessed about it .And after building it,they enjoy posting it online to receive accolades for good performance . I'm not sure who started the trend but it seems to have become a mainstay and prerequisite for what is considered development by Nigerians.
It's become so bad that even if a Nigerian governor fails in other areas , he or she would be venerated for building one or two overpasses and other vanity structures outside of the realm of government's obligation. With that said , The Nigerian governors and by extension the citizens have wrong perception of the purpose of an overpass. The truth is that most of Nigeria's towns do not need one , all they need are wider roads and traffic signs . Overpasses are meant for like freeways ,especially around interchanges , which Nigeria has none of . Most of the Nigerian overpasses i've seen look so out of place . Perhaps only Abuja and Lagos and to some extent Onitsha expressway even look like freeways and would need a few .

I think wider roads would do than overpasses. A few overpasses would do where needed ,and when there's actually real freeways . Nigerian governors need to get their priorities right and stop embarrassing the world by building vanity structures that don't mater and are outside the realm of their obligation.

It is a subject of Nigerian society. Fortunately, governors of the states in Nigeria are integral part of the silly society. Circles would have been better suited for city transportation than flyovers however Nigerians are odd variables because they can never obey the rules. Do you think Nigerians understand who has the right-of-way when two vehicles approach intersection at the same time from different directions? Or do you think the society is disciplined enough to know? Have you wonder how some of the drivers were ever allowed to operate a motor vehicles?
Re: . by Nobody: 5:28am On Jul 04, 2020

(1) (Reply)

Lekki Shootings: Contradicting Statements From Lai Mohammed And VP Prof Osinbajo / How Pastors Were Sharing Kola Under Jonathan Government / 2023: ‘we Should Push Tinubu To Be Greater Than Awolowo’, Says Oluwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.