Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,748 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:34 PM

OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 - Jobs/Vacancies (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 (588700 Views)

Outcome Of CBN CPP Recruitment, 2020 / Icpc Recruitment 2020 / GTBank Nationwide Massive Graduates Recruitment 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (222) (Go Down)

Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by ennyj01(m): 3:12pm On Jul 28, 2020
mistacoco2:
I don't have a source but I know underground movement will play alot in this recruitment while people who just graduated recently were telling me that NCDMB recruitment is 90% merit, I automatically remained mute.

I repeat, no federal government recruitment can ever be 90% merit. Never and never!!

Unless you are an otondo, just the way soldiers refer to us during NYSC camp

Even the so called 774000 jobs that was to be created, was put on hold for a while after a brief drama ensued between keyamo and the national assembly guys because they wanted to bring people underground. Job that is 20/30k monthly

Now imagine job like this NDCMB.

It was still on this same street we heard NPower gave some ministers slot for a job of 30k that common man is meant to be getting with ease.

3 Likes

Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by mistacoco2: 3:14pm On Jul 28, 2020
ennyj01:

I repeat, no federal government recruitment can ever be 90% merit. Never and never!!

Unless you are an otondo, just the way soldiers refer to us during NYSC camp

Even the so called 774000 jobs that was to be created, was put on hold for a while after a brief drama ensued between keyamo and the national assembly guys because they wanted to bring people underground. Job that is 20/30k monthly

Now imagine job like this NDCMB.

It was still on this same street we heard NPower gave some ministers slot for a job of 30k that common man is meant to be getting with ease.
I was almost crucified when I made statement like this few weeks ago on this thread.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by slydog(m): 3:15pm On Jul 28, 2020
mistacoco2:
meaning he is getting the job
No, According to him two siblings can't work there
Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by mistacoco2: 3:18pm On Jul 28, 2020
slydog:

ok
Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by Abokii8(m): 3:47pm On Jul 28, 2020
slydog:

Permit me to call this a blunt lie!!! There is no any federal or civil service rule that bans even a father and son from working at the same ministry or agency. This is a white fat lie!
It is a common knowledge that connection must work in any recruitment in Nigeria, but that doesn't automatically weeds out merit from the system. Ask NNPC graduate trainees! Majority of them were shocked to have been called.
I am also working at a federal University without knowing even a gateman!
Please don't allow anyone to dispirit your soul! Pray to be shortlisted and do your best in the exam and interview!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by maluga: 4:01pm On Jul 28, 2020
Abokii8:
Permit me to call this a blunt lie!!! There is no any federal or civil service rule that bans even a father and son from working at the same ministry or agency. This is a white fat lie!
It is a common knowledge that connection must work in any recruitment in Nigeria, but that doesn't automatically weeds out merit from the system. Ask NNPC graduate trainees! Majority of them were shocked to have been called.
Please don't allow anyone to dispirit your soul! Pray to be shortlisted and do your best in the exam and interview!

You got my respect.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by JBabacute: 4:05pm On Jul 28, 2020
Abokii8:

Much love bro.

1 Like

Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by aran: 4:08pm On Jul 28, 2020
Abokii8:

My respects bro. That's the spirit and mindset we should all have moving forward.

If you agree hit the like button

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by Jerrydox(m): 4:29pm On Jul 28, 2020
slydog:
A bird told me his sister works here, that's why he couldn't apply. But his sis informed him that they were not supposed to recruit publicly, that things are going on underground. Just said I should drop it so we can get more info from pple inside if we have

That bird lied to you.

2 Likes

Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by Seeker123: 4:51pm On Jul 28, 2020
Jerrydox:

That bird lied to you.
No kill me with laugh grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by cephaswizzy(m): 5:17pm On Jul 28, 2020
We should be praying for the present ES to be reappointed. The man is just so good and honest. He has achieved a lot as ES in NCDMB. With this ES, this recruitment will be 80% or more on merit. They published the advert 3 times on the national dailies. First was on 22 June, second on 7 July, Third on 13th of July. They also extended the deadline so that more people can apply. They really mean business for merit.
The real reason they didn't want to reveal the agency name in their publication is because they want it to be on merit not the ones that our politicians will hijack by mere knowing the agency that's recruiting.

God bless Engr Simbi Wabote

8 Likes

Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by Nerosoft19(m): 5:21pm On Jul 28, 2020
Engr Simbi is a honest and principled man, I trust that the process will be more of merit
Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by ennyj01(m): 5:27pm On Jul 28, 2020
Abokii8:

Nobody talked about merit not taking place. We talked about 90% merit. And that can never be possible

1 Like

Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by ennyj01(m): 5:30pm On Jul 28, 2020
cephaswizzy:
We should be praying for the present ES to be reappointed. The man is just so good and honest. He has achieved a lot as ES in NCDMB. With this ES, this recruitment will be 80% or more on merit. They published the advert 3 times on the national dailies. First was on 22 June, second on 7 July, Third on 13th of July. They also extended the deadline so that more people can apply. They really mean business for merit.
The real reason they didn't want to reveal the agency name in their publication is because they want it to be on merit not the ones that our politicians will hijack by mere knowing the agency that's recruiting.

God bless Engr Simbi Wabote

Let's just forget about merit or no merit for now. Let's follow the process and pray for luck. Nepotism will surely take place. The best we can do is to pray we find favour at the end. Thank you

3 Likes

Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by mistacoco2: 5:33pm On Jul 28, 2020
ennyj01:

Nobody talked about merit not taking place. We talked about 90% merit. And that can never be possible
bro I know of someone from Bayelsa that the ES promise to give a slot. I understand what the other guy who was saying about same relatives not getting the job. It could be the person who could help him feel since his sister has gotten the job then another family should get it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by findxyz: 7:56pm On Jul 28, 2020
Who will get a job like NNPC, FIRS, etc and tell you he/she did not merit it or the job was through someone or was not surprise
Do you want to be your own village people
We all know those 9ja factor must be there, so hammering on them is immaterial.
Just do what you can.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by Brunicekid(m): 8:08pm On Jul 28, 2020
Where is the oil and gas, please?
Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by babacha: 10:18pm On Jul 28, 2020
mistacoco2:
bro I know of someone from Bayelsa that the ES promise to give a slot. I understand what the other guy who was saying about same relatives not getting the job. It could be the person who could help him feel since his sister has gotten the job then another family should get it.

ES promise of giving him a job and he still apply, why has has ES not give him a job before now? Did he just past out from service last week? All rubish. What is our business with who ES promise job.

I see the reason why most people remain without job after years of graduation, they believe that u must have connection to get job in nigeria. When that believe always ring in ur mind, u demoralise urself before the compition and u reduce ur competitive strength.

Since 2012 that i finished service, i have worked in 4 different oil and gas company, i resign from one to join another. In all these 4 i did not know even the cleaner. I submit my application online, write my test and do the interview. I dont care who know the MD or the supervisor of the department am going, in some of this company, the supervisor will have their cadidate but i will be choosing at the interview.

Instead of spending ur energy to discuss who know ES and who know senator, whiy not use dat energy to discuss how u can compete for the job. I think the purpose of this forum is to discuss tins that can help compete for the job, the materials to read, nature of interview and so on. if u want to discuss connection, create a separate trend for that so that those who dont have connection can discuss how they can compete and get the job here.

The moment you start thinking of connection, connection, if u fail aptitude test or interview, u attribute it to not having connection forgetting that each aptitude test or interview that u fail was to be a learning point for u, u know ur mistake and work on it in subsequent test or interview.

I think this connection discussion will not help any body here, please lets stop it and discuss with will upbuild people

Thank u

19 Likes

Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by ennyj01(m): 10:28pm On Jul 28, 2020
babacha:

ES promise of giving him a job and he still apply, why has has ES not give him a job before now? Did he just past out from service last week? All rubish. What is our business with who ES promise job.

I see the reason why most people remain without job after years of graduation, they believe that u must have connection to get job in nigeria. When that believe always ring in ur mind, u demoralise urself before the compition and u reduce ur competitive strength.

Since 2012 that i finished service, i have worked in 4 different oil and gas company, i resign from one to join another. In all these 4 i did not know even the cleaner. I submit my application online, write my test and do the interview. I dont care who know the MD or the supervisor of the department am going, in some of this company, the supervisor will have their cadidate but i will be choosing at the interview.

Instead of spending ur energy to discuss who know ES and who know senator, whiy not use dat energy to discuss how u can compete for the job. I think the purpose of this forum is to discuss tins that can help compete for the job, the materials to read, nature of interview and so on. if u want to discuss connection, create a separate trend for that so that those who dont have connection can discuss how they can compete and get the job here.

The moment you start thinking of connection, connection, if u fail aptitude test or interview, u attribute it to not having connection forgetting that each aptitude test or interview that u fail was to be a learning point for u, u know ur mistake and work on it in subsequent test or interview.

I think this connection discussion will not help any body here, please lets stop it and discuss with will upbuild people

Thank u

Most times it is not about how connected you are or how prepared you are. There is something we call luck. The four oil companies you have worked in, there was someone that will be far better than you are but he was not chosen. In as much you depend on hard work, I want you to know that luck and grace is above everything.

That is why they said no matter how good or how rich or how educated or how prepared you are, there are 10001 people way above your league.

4 Likes

Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by babacha: 10:58pm On Jul 28, 2020
ennyj01:

Most times it is not about how connected you are or how prepared you are. There is something we call luck. The four oil companies you have worked in, there was someone that will be far better than you are but he was not chosen. In as much you depend on hard work, I want you to know that luck and grace is above everything.

That is why they said no matter how good or how rich or how educated or how prepared you are, there are 10001 people way above your league.

My friend there is nothing lik luck, dont believe in luck, if God bless ur hard work, dont call it luck. Yes others may be more qualify than me but God see my effort and bless my effort. God blessing is not luck

Work hard and leave the rest for God. Satisfy urself that u have done ur best and u are not demoralise. If u are demoralise because of not having connection, that means u are doubting God and God will not act on ur behalf when u are doubting him.

8 Likes

Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by ennyj01(m): 11:01pm On Jul 28, 2020
babacha:

My friend there is nothing lik luck, dont believe in luck, if God bless ur hard work, dont call it luck. Yes others may be more qualify than me but God see my effort and bless my effort. God blessing is not luck

Work hard and leave the rest for God. Satisfy urself that u have done ur best and u are not demoralise. If u are demoralise because of not having connection, that means u are doubting God and God will not act on ur behalf when u doubting him.

True bro, may God see us through.

2 Likes

Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by Nerosoft19(m): 11:12pm On Jul 28, 2020
babacha:

Work hard and leave the rest for God. Satisfy urself that u have done ur best and u are not demoralise. If u are demoralise because of not having connection, that means u are doubting God and God will not act on ur behalf when u are doubting him.
Remind me to give you 5% of my first salary when I get the job, flesh and blood did not reveal this to you�

4 Likes

Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by ennyj01(m): 11:20pm On Jul 28, 2020
Nerosoft19:

Remind me to give you 5% of my first salary when I get the job, flesh and blood did not reveal this to you�

Naxo cheesy

1 Like

Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by mistacoco2: 7:03am On Jul 29, 2020
babacha:

Thank u
did I write he applied for the job. Like I said in my earlier post,I never said they won't be merit in the recruitment. This is federal government job connections will play alot of role in the recruitment wether you like it or not before merit. Those who have connections should follow up while those who don't have should read for the test and prepare well for the interview.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by Abokii8(m): 7:19am On Jul 29, 2020
mistacoco2:
The guy must have lied to you. No any serious chief executive will definitily promise a job to someone, what it can best be described is " he might have accepted his offer to help" maybe out of pressure or something. I wish him well but his eyes may clear after the recruitment exercise.
Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by Abokii8(m): 7:24am On Jul 29, 2020
Na so people dey shout connection connection to intimidate people but las las even aptitude test invite dem no go see

1 Like

Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by mistacoco2: 7:55am On Jul 29, 2020
Abokii8:
The guy must have lied to you. No any serious chief executive will definitily promise a job to someone, what it can best be described is " he might have accepted his offer to help" maybe out of pressure or something. I wish him well but his eyes may clear after the recruitment exercise.
bro name any top FG agency recruitment that 70% of the slot is not influenced. Sometimes you guys talk Asif you are not in Nigeria. I work with with one FG agency that just rounded up their recruitment late last year. All senior cadre were all connected while most level 5 down were merited, those guys work their life out.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by mistacoco2: 8:01am On Jul 29, 2020
Abokii8:
Na so people dey shout connection connection to intimidate people but las las even aptitude test invite dem no go see
no one is intimidating anyone here. Bro I wish I have connection. If you Abokii8 have connections you will follow them, this is Nigeria. so stop deceiveing them not to influence it if their have.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by kachii77: 9:38am On Jul 29, 2020
grin grin grin grin grin...loool, you cant be manning a federal govt agency and be saying connection wont play a part ..lool, we are all praying for him to be reelected you dont think he himself would be trying to lobby some key ppl in govt to ensure he is retained...thats another story for another day they are all politicians at that level...i saw somebody mention grace and luck i tend to agree when agencies say merit truely, the few agencies that say merit let me tell u how the merit might work...dey do all the test and interviews for merit candidates and keep including their candidates and all,special candidates are then collated and the list starts from their, now depending dont forget federal character would then come in so if for example they wanted to take 10 engineers and say 5 had already been taken from special candidates the remaining 5 would then go to the highest engineers now if a state already has the required number from each state e go drop for another state if at the end of the day a state has a few slots remaining in roles dat are not function specific they might just take the next highest person in that particular type of role from that state not necessarily the overall next highest which is where the grace and luck falls. that is d thing with federal character, same thing happened in NNPC, along the line if the special candidates list keep increasing the numbers in merit automatically decrease especially now the ES would be lobbying for Renewal of tenure. That aside you need to do your part atleast to stand a chance tho if ur hustling thru the merit angle and with regards to the ES promising someone a slot,.. lool it can happen anywhere, it just depends on how close ur relationship with him is, obviously some ppl would enter based on his relationship with them, he might only tell them just to go through the process too, to avoid any suspicion or foul play. Not withstanding he might promise u at the end you wont get it. lool.. he might use the example that you didnt do well....its a nice place to work las las..final piece of advice as ur pushing thru merit if u know any top person also let the person know to see if they can help....there are different types of merit candidates, the Human resource director mght have a candidate that scored 65% while you score 75% and pass mark is 60%, if slot is remaining 1 don't expect u that got 75% to be given the slot over the HR director's candidate..lool all pass na pass o... grin..so as ur pushing from the merit angle if u know anyone associated with top ppl or top ppl in that agency use it because the hustle gets real when it comes down to selection....peace 2 all

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by hopeful2018: 9:47am On Jul 29, 2020
Pinkybush:
Hi NekkyCee,
I just come across this info now. Pls is the registration over? If not pls send all necessary links to:
ezekielgeo12@mail.com. Thanks
It is over bro.
Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by babacha: 10:04am On Jul 29, 2020
mistacoco2:
bro name any top FG agency recruitment that 70% of the slot is not influenced. Sometimes you guys talk Asif you are not in Nigeria. I work with with one FG agency that just rounded up their recruitment late last year. All senior cadre were all connected while most level 5 down were merited, those guys work their life out.

70% connection, lie, lie, lie. U just dey talk as if u be the HR. Na connection u take get that ur work?

Let me tell u some thing about federal goverment recruitment that u may not know. Federal goverment uses quarter system. They may take 20 or15 person from each state as the case may be. If u are from a state with more applicant, it becomes difficult for u and if u are from a state with few applicant, it becomes easy for u to get the job. Now let me give u live situation. In 2006 after my OND, NNPC advertise must of us with distinction and upper credit apply for the trainee operator position. Two of my course mate from Ebonyi state got the job, they are in warri refinery till today, . In 2010 NNPC advertise again, now we have graduated and most of us apply again. My friend from bayelsa and his elder brother got the job. He is in PH refinery. All this people did not have any connection, the question is, how many people from ebonyi or bayelsa state have upper credit or distinction that wrote NNPC aptitude test and pass? Very few, so they have more chance of getting the job compare to me and others from delta state. The competition is high in delta, u have to be the best. So if u are from delta state, u will be shouting connection, connection that is making u not to get the job. For NNPC, i will tell u that merit is more than connect, go and ask very well.

Note also that for 90% of connection to work for you, u have to meet the required qualification to apply for the job, and u have to pass the aptitude test so dat ur connection can have mouth to speak for u. If u fail aptitude test woefully, ur connection will be ashame to speak for u and that is why most people with connection are not getting the job.

Now let me expose those who are claiming that they have connection. Those with connection, tell us when the aptitude test will be coducted? Ask ur connection and tell us, those that ES has promise job, please ask ES and tell us. Nobody go answer the question ooo. Just watch.

Friend please prepare for the test if u are shortlisted and u will come here to share the good news

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (222)

Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria / SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! / Andela: IT Training And Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.