Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,007 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 - Jobs/Vacancies (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 (588782 Views)

Outcome Of CBN CPP Recruitment, 2020 / Icpc Recruitment 2020 / GTBank Nationwide Massive Graduates Recruitment 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (222) (Go Down)

Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by Houston17(m): 9:16am On Aug 25, 2020
Ayam not understanding o. Me that got rejected based on say I don pass d GT age small, Dem send me mail to send my state of origin. Does it mean they're overlooking the age ni?

1 Like

Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by Bidafly2020: 9:24am On Aug 25, 2020
Houston17:
Ayam not understanding o. Me that got rejected based on say I don pass d GT age small, Dem send me mail to send my state of origin. Does it mean they're overlooking the age ni?

When did you received the said email?
Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by Houston17(m): 9:31am On Aug 25, 2020
Bidafly2020:

When did you received the said email?

4days ago but I just saw it now cos it in my spam and I rarely open my spam
Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by leks4sure(m): 9:40am On Aug 25, 2020
Information reaching me is that the recruitment consultant poached some guys on LinkedIn with cognate experience in some of the advertised fields such as HSE which even prompted them to extend deadline for some of the roles.

This recruitment would be entirely handled by the consultant from shortlisting stage to the interview stage while NCDMB would only issue out offer letter to successful applicants thereafter.

In fact, staff of NCDMB are unaware about how this recruitment would go and this might continue to be so till resumption. Having insiders doesn't give anyone any advantage in this recruitment neither will they even feed you with any information.

This recruitment would be be majorly merit base if not even totally. Those with connection from politicians or highly placed public servants might get job offer but not through this recruitment drive.

9 Likes

Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by QueenOfOgoja(f): 9:46am On Aug 25, 2020
leks4sure:
Information reaching me is that the recruitment consultant poached some guys on LinkedIn with cognate experience in some of the advertised fields such as HSE which even prompted them to extend deadline for some of the roles.

This recruitment would be entirely handled by the consultant from shortlisting stage to the interview stage while NCDMB would only issue out offer letter to successful applicants thereafter.

In fact, staff of NCDMB are unaware about how this recruitment would go and this might continue to be so till resumption. Having insiders doesn't give anyone any advantage in this recruitment neither will they even feed you with any information.

This recruitment would be be majorly merit base if not even totally. Those with connection from politicians or highly placed public servants might get job offer but not through this recruitment drive.

Brotherly, we had so much hope on DPR recruitment in 2016. Everything looked okay until the interview stage. After that, we never heard from them again. Please don't put all your hope in this recruitment. Whether it is handled by consultants or not won't change the fact that they are NIGERIANS. We can only do the little we can and pray to God for His favour. See you at the top. Cheers

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by slydog(m): 9:58am On Aug 25, 2020
When a process like this keep dragging on, it makes it vulnerable to external interference. Staff of the consultants too put themselves in such recruitment process.

3 Likes

Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by leks4sure(m): 10:01am On Aug 25, 2020
QueenOfOgoja:

Brotherly, we had so much hope on DPR recruitment in 2016. Everything looked okay until the interview stage. After that, we never heard from them again. Please don't put all your hope in this recruitment. Whether it is handled by consultants or not won't change the fact that they are NIGERIANS. We can only do the little we can and pray to God for His favour. See you at the top. Cheers

There is no similarity between DPR application and this. Did NCDMB state their name in the newspaper publication? Are you receiving mail from NCDMB? Did you apply on NCDMB website?
These questions should tell you the board decision is to remain anonymous till offer is given just to avoid DPR recruitment scenario from repeating itself.

Have anyone ever seen recruitment publications from any of the agencies under ministry of petroleum resources aside NNPC and DPR? The board does not want to share slots or do any shambolic recruitment. They made decision to remain anonymous and independent just to avoid this recruitment from being hijacked by both internal and external influencers.

PPRA, PTI, PEF, NNRA, PTDF have been recruiting from time to time but never advertised their vacancy because the openings there are few and government officials won't even give them breathing space for meritocracy. The pay and allowances in all these agencies is mouthwatering and assumed to be meant for highly connected citizens. NCDMB is trying to re-write all these anomalies starting from recent projects embarked.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by Nobody: 10:16am On Aug 25, 2020
ennyj01:

How many do you know?
That,I believe need no answer.
Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by tolaade1960: 10:40am On Aug 25, 2020
2016 DPR exercise is kangaroo . Some received incomplete emails and unorganized , they just woke and started forwarding mail to people . Most of the FG agencies jobs descriptions are always very simple that will make nearly all candidates to meet requirements.
For example, u need graduate trainee , 2.1 and above, u will see many qualified . They wouldn't consider other factors to streamline the invitees.

quote author=QueenOfOgoja post=93199902]

Brotherly, we had so much hope on DPR recruitment in 2016. Everything looked okay until the interview stage. After that, we never heard from them again. Please don't put all your hope in this recruitment. Whether it is handled by consultants or not won't change the fact that they are NIGERIANS. We can only do the little we can and pray to God for His favour. See you at the top. Cheers[/quote]
Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by tolaade1960: 11:01am On Aug 25, 2020
Though there is no way infuence will not come to play but it might be limited to the board and management.
Because it's board who would approve the process and they might have one or two qualified candidates.
Even in private sector , like Chevron, shell , politicians lobby for their children but with good qualifications from abroad.
It's good that the agency did not put its name .
We pray the process is not sluggish and ends well.

leks4sure:

Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by bmyc: 11:44am On Aug 25, 2020
While we keep pondering on merit let’s not forget to read as the test might come unexpected and caught us unaware

Remember federal Character will always play a vital role in any recruitment of federal government.

Before an agency of federal government do advert for recruitment they must obtain waver or clearance from federal character, then they will place their advert for the period of at least 3 weeks or less, having finished the advert they will still send the list to federal Character for the numbers of qualify people then the test would be fixed which they will equally supervise it to the interview stage.

After the interview, the selection process will then take effect but merit first followed by favoritism from the federal Character Commission even after the consulting firm finished their work if not that recruitment won’t go through even though candidates from federal Character Commission must fulfill some conditions stipulated by that agency including performance in the test and interview.

Finally approval and certificate of compliance will be given from federal Character for the Issuance of APL

May we be part of those to collect APL Amin.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by Kaleidoscope96: 11:45am On Aug 25, 2020
I've never applied for nnpc and dpr so I don't know how the process was but the fact that they didn't (NCDMB) put their name out means next to nothing tbh. Let's stop drawing plenty graphics from that one act. Highest it may reduce the number of applicants. I know a lot of all these speculations and glorifying of NCDMB process (and the integrity of the agency and its ES) which we are not aware of is just to make ourselves feel better and not lose hope which is not a crime. But don't talk yourself into forgetting the country you're in or how things work in reality.

The other five MPR agencies you mentioned apart from nnpc and dpr and how their recruitment is coded because they are avoiding politicians and they want meritocracy is almost laughable but it's just too sad. The one I know of their gist is PPRA, first hand info, saw with my own eyes through the whole process. They basically called the person and said Bleep minister recommended you for this recruitment (in my front, no be dem say), no submission of CV anywhere or application portal or process �. The person went, in one week wrote exam, did interview and a month after APL came. I for chook head but they said they were looking for 1st class and 2:1.

Even for the exam every body there was as a result of connect because the recruitment wasn't listed anywhere how else will you know if not for connect. Some people still didn't get it, connect pass connect and maybe they had certain requirements (like the grades, or the roles didn't fit, I no know) that they didn't meet up to but e sure me die say everybody that was employed in last year's PPPRA recruitment down to JS staff is connect. I don't have personal info on PEF but we dey hear their gist too.

So I know we want to believe the autonomy of NCDMB and how they will surprise us but there's no how the presidency won't have his slot, Minister of Petroleum won't have his slot and other key personnel. If they like let them be as honest as a pope.

The ES himself in as much as he was probably qualified for the job, we all know that it's the current Minister of Petroleum that was his connect to lobby the President to get that position.

Word getting to me is that the politics has been done and he is going to be reinstated. After the President and MPR have basically renewed your tenure in your office. You'll now tell me that you are hiring and they won't get their slots for people if they want ����.

Independent consultant or not, abeg if you get strong connection especially from Presidency to Minister of Petroleum, go and press it o. And get proper update for we that are hoping that even if they use 70% for connect let meritocracy favour us for the 30%. I really hope they are fair enough to do a high % of the recruitment with meritocracy sha but let's try to calm down with the hero worship and portraying of what is not. No be today we wan change the reality of what this country is.

leks4sure:

There is no similarity with DPR application and this. Did NCDMB state their name in the newspaper publication? Are you receiving mail from NCDMB? Did you apply on NCDMB website?
These questions should tell you the board decision is to remain anonymous till offer is given just to avoid DPR recruitment scenario from repeating itself.

Have anyone ever seen recruitment publications from any of the agencies under ministry of petroleum resources aside NNPC and DPR? The board does not want to share slots or do any shambolic recruitment. They made decision to remain anonymous and independent just to avoid this recruitment from being hijacked by both internal and external influencers.

PPRA, PTI, PEF, NNRA, PTDF have been recruiting from time to time but never advertised their vacancy because the openings there are few and government officials won't even give them breathing space for meritocracy. The pay and allowances in all these agencies is mouthwatering and assumed to be meant for highly connected citizens. NCDMB is trying to re-write all these anomalies starting from recent projects embarked.

6 Likes

Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by Basilekeh: 11:58am On Aug 25, 2020
People are just saying NDCMB did not put their name...I wonder what that means.....this is the same recruitment that someone in one of the thread in Nairaland said its going to open before they even started.....Infact according to the person the recruitment was suppose to be held early this year but the Pandemic hindered it.....another girl affirmed that it is NDCMB her aunt was given a slot but she doesn't want to leave Abuja for Bayelsa.....weather we like it or not slots will be shared..they need to pacify some people, so we just have to do our own part and let God do the rest...even private recruitments there are people that call the shots......every Politician knows NDCMB is recruiting...I dont think not putting up name means anything... Development Bank did theirs through HCP and hid their Name but at the end back candidates entered.....Outsourcing the recruitment does not mean it can't be Influenced.....NDCMB still have full control it is what they tell the outsourcing Agency to do they will do........we should just hope for the best...do our best....some people here might have even submitted their names for this recruitment and will be laughing at us....this is Naija....

10 Likes

Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by Basilekeh: 12:06pm On Aug 25, 2020
Kaleidoscope96:
I've never applied for nnpc and dpr so I don't know how the process was but the fact that they didn't (NCDMB) put their name out means next to nothing tbh. Let's stop drawing plenty graphics from that one act. Highest it may reduce the number of applicants. I know a lot of all these speculations and glorifying of NCDMB process (and the integrity of the agency and its ES) which we are not aware of is just to make ourselves feel better and not lose hope which is not a crime. But don't talk yourself into forgetting the country you're in or how things work in reality.

The other five MPR agencies you mentioned apart from nnpc and dpr and how their recruitment is coded because they are avoiding politicians and they want meritocracy is almost laughable but it's just too sad. The one I know of their gist is PPRA, first hand info, saw with my own eyes through the whole process. They basically called the person and said Bleep minister recommended you for this recruitment (in my front, no be dem say), no submission of CV anywhere or application portal or process �. The person went, in one week wrote exam, did interview and a month after APL came. I for chook head but they said they were looking for 1st class and 2:1.

Even for the exam every body there was as a result of connect because the recruitment wasn't listed anywhere how else will you know if not for connect. Some people still didn't get it, connect pass connect and maybe they had certain requirements (like the grades, or the roles didn't fit, I no know) that they didn't meet up to but e sure me die say everybody that was employed in last year's PPPRA recruitment down to JS staff is connect. I don't have personal info on PEF but we dey hear their gist too.

So I know we want to believe the autonomy of NCDMB and how they will surprise us but there's no how the presidency won't have his slot, Minister of Petroleum won't have his slot and other key personnel. If they like let them be as honest as a pope.

The ES himself in as much as he was probably qualified for the job, we all know that it's the current Minister of Petroleum that was his connect to lobby the President to get that position.

Word getting to me is that the politics has been done and he is going to be reinstated. After the President and MPR have basically renewed your tenure in your office. You'll now tell me that you are hiring and they won't get their slots for people if they want ����.

Independent consultant or not, abeg if you get strong connection especially from Presidency to Minister of Petroleum, go and press it o. And get proper update for we that are hoping that even if they use 70% for connect let meritocracy favour us for the 30%. I really hope they are fair enough to do a high % of the recruitment with meritocracy sha but let's try to calm down with the hero worship and portraying of what is not. No be today we wan change the reality of what this country is.

The Board of NDCMB....Traditional rulers of the Area might also have....our prayers are Merit percentage should be Increased......

1 Like

Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by Kaleidoscope96: 12:06pm On Aug 25, 2020
My exact thoughts. The way the lack of name on the recruitment is what's making people draw all this conclusions is just funny.

Basilekeh:
People are just saying NDCMB did not put their name...I wonder what that means.....this is the same recruitment that someone in one of the thread in Nairaland said its going to open before they even started.....Infact according to the person the recruitment was suppose to be held early this year but the Pandemic hindered it.....another girl affirmed that it is NDCMB her aunt was given a slot but she doesn't want to leave Abuja for Bayelsa.....weather we like it or not slots will be shared..they need to pacify some people, so we just have to do our own part and let God do the rest...even private recruitments there are people that call the shots......every Politician knows NDCMB is recruiting...I dont think not putting up name means anything... Development Bank did theirs through HCP and hid their Name but at the end back candidates entered.....Outsourcing the recruitment does not mean it can't be Influenced.....NDCMB still have full control it is what they tell the outsourcing Agency to do they will do........we should just hope for the best...do our best....some people here might have even submitted their names for this recruitment and will be laughing at us....this is Naija....
Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by QueenOfOgoja(f): 12:29pm On Aug 25, 2020
Kaleidoscope96:

Bros your head get oil. Enough said!

1 Like

Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by Originakalokalo(m): 12:49pm On Aug 25, 2020
If they can share slots in 774,000 jobs that pay 20,000 - 30,000 Naira (not sure) and fight on it openly, they will devour any lucrative jobs.

Now, the senators that give recommendation letter for free before are now selling slots.

God is the only hope of a common man. Pray, fast and study. It shall end in praise.

It is a pity.

God is angry with this nation. If you don't know, you should.

Theft, murder, violence, killings, corruption, and all social vices are present here in very high proportion.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by kachii77: 1:02pm On Aug 25, 2020
�����...baba ...u have said it all....that pppra own be like film trick...i didnt want to say much ...lool...even PEF..(as at last week they were doing interviews)...lools...na just to pray say sizeable space dey for merit o....lool i laugh when i hear ppl mention dey didnt write their name in advertisement.....��...d ppl wey suppose know about the recruitment know already. am sure its also so that they can put their own ppl too and some merit and reduce giving slots to some ppl who dey wouldnt ordinarily give except its widely advertised...loool...if i mention how some ppl qualified for dpr interview thru merit sef back then ppl would be shocked......once its govt try and do ur part and read and pass esp for merit ..but even then i repeat if u know someone use it.....because sometimes at selection it boils down to that.....las las ..Big men might have already sent there list just saying.... grin...peace

Kaleidoscope96:

2 Likes

Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by Newcastle2023(m): 1:34pm On Aug 25, 2020
Kaleidoscope96:
I've never applied for nnpc and dpr so I don't know how the process..............

You write very beautifully @Kaleidoscope96.

However, what @Leks4sure said are all on point.

There are two independent modes of the recruitment ongoing. I already stated that in my earlier post.

The advertised recruitment will be entirely merit based with Federal Character in mind.

God's favour remains the surest, no matter the strength of your social or political connections. The HMoSPR and the ES can only do their bit as humans. Remember, the slots available are not unlimited. Even the number of highly qualified and connected applicants from Bayelsa State alone are more than the available slots.

I only pray for God's mercies on us. I wish us all the very best!

4 Likes

Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by Newcastle2023(m): 10:11pm On Aug 25, 2020
The other mode of recruitment has started already.

1 Like

Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by Houston17(m): 10:16pm On Aug 25, 2020
Newcastle2023:
The other mode of recruitment has started already.

Meaning?
Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by livinglifemgr: 7:03am On Aug 26, 2020
Kindly check your email pls
Newcastle2023:
The other mode of recruitment has started already. APLs issuance and documentation processes.
Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by Dedonrukky: 7:14am On Aug 26, 2020
No mails yet ooo. Are u talking of Nogtech or the oil and gas job?
Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by Newcastle2023(m): 7:48am On Aug 26, 2020
livinglifemgr:
Kindly check your email pls

I've replied your mail, but I'm in a meeting at the moment and will be available by 4pm. Thank you.
Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by Ebitus: 7:49am On Aug 26, 2020
I received a msg on 21st Aug to update my state of origin but their site is not opening again
Anybody with the same issue?
Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by tolaade1960: 7:57am On Aug 26, 2020
We're u not sent email address to send the response to , since the site is not opening?

Ebitus:
I received a msg on 21st Aug to update my state of origin but their site is not opening again
Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by tolaade1960: 8:00am On Aug 26, 2020
Did u mean candidates with long legs had started collecting APLs ? I guessed that was you meant. God favour us.

Newcastle2023:
The other mode of recruitment has started already. APLs issuance and documentation processes.

2 Likes

Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by Nerosoft19(m): 8:17am On Aug 26, 2020
Newcastle2023:
PM
Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by bmyc: 8:18am On Aug 26, 2020
Newcastle2023:

It may be another one but definitely not this one we are waiting for possibly for security or cleaners � we are expecting our test invites which they are working on it
Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by osahmart: 8:37am On Aug 26, 2020
Reply the mail by Sending your State of Origin
Ebitus:
Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by Newcastle2023(m): 8:44am On Aug 26, 2020
Nerosoft19:

PM

I've replied your mail, but I'm in a meeting at the moment and will be available by 4pm. Thank you
Re: OilandGasJobs Recruitment 2020 by Newcastle2023(m): 8:47am On Aug 26, 2020
bmyc:

It may be another one but definitely not this one we are waiting for possibly for security or cleaners � we are expecting our test invites which they are working on it

A few persons have mentioned here again and again that there are two independent modes of the recruitment ongoing; merit based and other consideration based.

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (222)

Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria / SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! / Andela: IT Training And Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.