Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,587 members, 7,840,404 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: The Sovereignty Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: The Sovereignty Of God (1269 Views)

Chris And Anita Oyakhilome: The Truth You Never Knew / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, The Senior Pastor Of Christ Embassy, Lagos Nigeria, Res / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: The Holy Spirit Is With You Forever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: The Sovereignty Of God by Joagbaje(m): 5:00pm On Jan 31, 2011
Ephesians 4:6 AMP
There is one Lord, one faith, one baptism. One God and Father of us all, Who is above all Sovereign over all, pervading all and living in us all

God is sovereign! He knows all things and can do all things! The Bible says:. . . heaven is His throne and the earth is His footstool (Acts 7:49). He’s the Most High God and His dominion is over all thrones, peoples, and governments. In Daniel 5:21, He’s described as the Supreme God who controls all human kingdoms (GNB).

God is big! He’s Deity, and you can’t miss His sovereignty whenever He talks about Himself:

“Mine hand also hath laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand hath spanned the heavens: When I call unto them, they stand up together” (Isaiah 48:13).

Many however, have wondered why God, in His sovereignty, hasn’t put an end to all the evil in the world. They wonder why wars and natural disasters still happen, when God in one instant, could simply put an end to them. But those who ask such questions don’t understand who God is and how He operates.

Though God is sovereign, He’s set principles in place to govern the earth. He’s not subject to those principles, but He doesn’t violate them either. So, though He created the world, He’s not the one running the show, because He already gave man the whole earth to dominate (Genesis 1:28). Man lost this authority to the devil, who subsequently introduced an evil system that put the world in a mess.

But there’s now another system in the world headed by the Lord Jesus Christ! This system is made up of us who are born again – associates of the God-kind – through whom God exercises His sovereignty in the earth. Thus, we're God’s agents of peace, prosperity, healing and salvation in a dying world. Just as the Lord sent Peter to preach to the Roman centurion and didn’t do it himself, He has commissioned us to exercise His sovereignty in our world. He wants to run the world through you!

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for the opportunity to hear your Word and be taught by you. Thank you for the authority you’ve given me to exercise dominion in the earth, and tame my world to conform to your eternal purposes, will and counsel, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
1 Timothy 6:15-16
Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords; Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

Revelation 1:8
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Psalms 115:16
The heaven, even the heavens, are the LORD's: but the earth hath he given to the children of men.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: The Sovereignty Of God by aletheia(m): 3:58am On Feb 01, 2011
Joagbaje:

He wants to run the world through you!
Dominionism. Misleading piffle.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: The Sovereignty Of God by Joagbaje(m): 8:27am On Feb 01, 2011
^^
it can only be misleading to those who have been mislead. If you know the work of the church on the earth  And the power of the prayers of the saints you'll see that responsibility lies on the church to restrain evil , to enforce peace to build Gods kingdom . Cause the knowledge of God to florish in the hearts of people. 

1 Timothy 2:1-2
I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions,[ and] giving of thanks, be made for all men; 2 For kings, and[ for] all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

Its the church God is using to put the enemies under foot.

Romans 8:19-23
19 The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed. 20 For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope 21 that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God.

(1) (Reply)

Satan Hates And Fears The Word Of God / / Happy New Year To All Catholics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.