Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,086 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

Have You Ever Felt Like Giving Up In Life? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have You Ever Felt Like Giving Up In Life? (1791 Views)

I Feel Like Giving Up, I Have Failed My Children / Have You Ever Felt Like You Are Not Doing Enough ? / "Giving Your Toddler A Smartphone Is Like Giving Them Hard Drugs" - Says Expert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Felt Like Giving Up In Life? by bloomstar: 6:01pm On Jul 02, 2020
Have you?

Have you ever gotten to the point where everything don't really seem to work? Like literally nothing works? You have tried every damn thing you could lay your hands on. Heard advices and heed to them, and all shit still don't seem to work?

You are now resorted in should i probably do the wrong things? Even then your spirit doesn't go well doing the wrong things, but damn.. How are we supposed to go far this way... This shit is cracking me up daily.

This hurts alot, you just be up and thoughts of life just sends tears down your check.

Damn....

Lalasticlala
Re: Have You Ever Felt Like Giving Up In Life? by Baloranking(m): 6:14pm On Jul 02, 2020
Happens all the time but we keep moving, nothing can or will stop us.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Felt Like Giving Up In Life? by IfGodbeforus(m): 6:19pm On Jul 02, 2020
So many challenges ,Problems, Trials and Temptation that comes to human.
But the Truth is that, if you Put your trust in God, and refuse to give up, That Problem will give way..
For me, whenever I am hit, the first thing I do is to have a check on my life to see if I have broken the hedge. I repent all over again and ask God for Mercy, irrespective of whether I see anything or not.
Once I am sure that my ways are pure, I simply Hand the problem Completely over to JESUS.

I Believe that as long as I am pure, whatever happens will work for my good..

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Felt Like Giving Up In Life? by merieam16(f): 7:52pm On Jul 02, 2020
yea...it happens most times esp dis part of d world called Nigeria.Buh wen u av d God factor in ur life sure u can move mountains

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Felt Like Giving Up In Life? by 3phase(m): 7:53pm On Jul 02, 2020
[color=#000099][/color] Yes,On numerous occasion. Even as am typing but, i still have alot of people am owin(My mum, my wife and my dauta). They are d only reason am still hanging on

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Felt Like Giving Up In Life? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jul 02, 2020
Of course yes!
But there is that tiny voice that always want me to hold on and take each day as it comes, continue persevering and thing will turn out for the better.

As you climb up, u meet different challenges but as long as you scaled through that initial one, u will be bolder to weather through the rest.
All human pass through challenges.
Remember, even identical twins have different parts carved out for them. If u have this mindset that one day, u will tell your children the story of your life, u will pass any challenge before u.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Felt Like Giving Up In Life? by armyofone(m): 8:14pm On Jul 02, 2020
As in going straight to the Caribbean resort or Bora Bora for cool breeze, great nap, chilling and relaxation ? Yes grin
Re: Have You Ever Felt Like Giving Up In Life? by MrToothBrush: 9:07pm On Jul 02, 2020
Life is a school of hard knock.
You get a foam while craving a rock
You don't always get what you want.
Plans dont always fix into chances,
You feel lost, dejected,
You feel yours, isn't a nectar
Of hope.
You feel like jumping off somewhere high, you Feel like gobbling sniper.

Life is tough, I am still at that junction...
But at this point, I have seen people going Through situations worse of than mine..

He's unhappy.
In the morning he see people posting breakfast
Well maybe he'll starve
In the afternoon I see people talking about lunch
They even have much to crunch
In the evening, he sees people posting about dinner
But his cutlery gets cleaner.

His plate mirrors me
Such emptiness

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Felt Like Giving Up In Life? by Softrain(f): 9:38pm On Jul 02, 2020
Too many times,buh am not giving up
Re: Have You Ever Felt Like Giving Up In Life? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jul 02, 2020
merieam16:
yea...it happens most times esp dis part of d world called Nigeria.Buh wen u av d God factor in ur life sure u can move mountains
I like your vibes
Re: Have You Ever Felt Like Giving Up In Life? by bloomstar: 7:23pm On Jul 03, 2020
angry

cry

armyofone:
As in going straight to the Caribbean resort or Bora Bora for cool breeze, great nap, chilling and relaxation ? Yes grin
Re: Have You Ever Felt Like Giving Up In Life? by Bola146(f): 9:12pm On Jul 03, 2020
Yes, last year July when I was in debts, i nearly drank izal. I thank God I didn't do it

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Felt Like Giving Up In Life? by annayawchee: 9:45pm On Jul 03, 2020
Many times...

We keep trying to hold on to life sha.
Re: Have You Ever Felt Like Giving Up In Life? by bloomstar: 7:41am On Jul 05, 2020
Bola146:
Yes, last year July when I was in debts, i nearly drank izal. I thank God I didn't do it

Thank God
Re: Have You Ever Felt Like Giving Up In Life? by SweetCunt97(f): 8:36am On Jul 05, 2020
Nope. Never. Learnt to live within my means and b contented. Understand things come and go, people come and go. Love come and go. Hard to wanna give up with such state of mind.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Felt Like Giving Up In Life? by bloomstar: 12:28pm On Jul 05, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Nope. Never. Learnt to live within my means and b contented. Understand things come and go, people come and go. Love come and go. Hard to wanna give up with such state of mind.

Really? Wait until some things comes and dont wana go, not joy...but pain. Then u will know everything doesn't come and go

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Felt Like Giving Up In Life? by SweetCunt97(f): 1:10pm On Jul 05, 2020
bloomstar:

Really? Wait until some things comes and dont wana go, not joy...but pain. Then u will know everything doesn't come and go
God forbid. I try to be always positive in every circumstances.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Felt Like Giving Up In Life? by XXLMANDIGO: 6:58pm On Jul 05, 2020
undecided

So pathetic. I have been there and I know what it means to be depressed. It's like a dark tunnel and you can't even see anyone ,not even one's own shadow to whisper to. I remember I had to sell everything I had to treat a life threatening infection early this year and had a surgery. I was admitted ,stayed in the hospital for well over 6 weeks and I could barely get any help anywhere. I got ill at a time when I thought I was slowly climbing up the ladder of struggle and I faltered again.

I have no one but God and I am still trying to pick up pieces of my life together. Spent hundreds of thousands and I am back to square one. Lost my Law office space and so many other things innumerable to mention. I have no one and I have been tempted to give it all up several times. It has gotten worse with the pandemic and I can only pray for God's grace to get back on my feet soon because deep inside of me I am slowing fading away. Sometimes I feel I have reached the threshold of my pain and can't persevere any longer but most times I just live the day as it comes ,hoping for a miracle but dying inside slowly. I wish to get assistance to get back to life and on my feet by getting an office official seal and other stationeries in the sleepy town where i presently reside. May God bring help my way and bless us all.

Amen!!!

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Felt Like Giving Up In Life? by marabaonline: 8:06pm On Aug 09, 2020
XXLMANDIGO:
undecided

So pathetic. I have been there and I know what it means to be depressed. It's like a dark tunnel and you can't even see anyone ,not even one's own shadow to whisper to. I remember I had to sell everything I had to treat a life threatening infection early this year and had a surgery. I was admitted ,stayed in the hospital for well over 6 weeks and I could barely get any help anywhere. I got ill at a time when I thought I was slowly climbing up the ladder of struggle and I faltered again.

I have no one but God and I am still trying to pick up pieces of my life together. Spent hundreds of thousands and I am back to square one. Lost my Law office space and so many other things innumerable to mention. I have no one and I have been tempted to give it all up several times. It has gotten worse with the pandemic and I can only pray for God's grace to get back on my feet soon because deep inside of me I am slowing fading away. Sometimes I feel I have reached the threshold of my pain and can't persevere any longer but most times I just live the day as it comes ,hoping for a miracle but dying inside slowly. I wish to get assistance to get back to life and on my feet by getting an office official seal and other stationeries in the sleepy town where i presently reside. May God bring help my way and bless us all.

Amen!!!

Damn
Re: Have You Ever Felt Like Giving Up In Life? by XXLMANDIGO: 8:36pm On Aug 09, 2020
angry

True Bro

marabaonline:

Damn
Re: Have You Ever Felt Like Giving Up In Life? by mariahAngel(f): 9:52pm On Aug 09, 2020
XXLMANDIGO:
undecided

Amen!!!

Everything's going to be alright. Just don't give up.
How's your health now?
I'd suggest you look into other things pending when you get the official seal and the stationeries you need to start over

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Felt Like Giving Up In Life? by Karleb(m): 9:53pm On Aug 09, 2020
I do from time to time.

When I do, I listen to "Till I collapse" by Eminem ft Nate Dogg. cool cool cool
Re: Have You Ever Felt Like Giving Up In Life? by XXLMANDIGO: 9:54pm On Aug 09, 2020
Things still aren't in good shape. I am just perplexed.

mariahAngel:

Everything's going to be alright. Just don't give up.
How's your health now?
I'd suggest you look into other things pending when you get the official seal and the stationeries you need to start over
Re: Have You Ever Felt Like Giving Up In Life? by mariahAngel(f): 9:56pm On Aug 09, 2020
XXLMANDIGO:

Things still aren't in good shape. I am just perplexed.

Do you want to talk about it?
How about your child?
Re: Have You Ever Felt Like Giving Up In Life? by XXLMANDIGO: 10:11pm On Aug 09, 2020
Okay...

0706.13650.18 Whatsapp

mariahAngel:

Do you want to talk about it?
How about your child?
Re: Have You Ever Felt Like Giving Up In Life? by mariahAngel(f): 10:21pm On Aug 09, 2020
XXLMANDIGO:

Okay...

0706.13650.18 Whatsapp

I'll chat you up tomorrow.
Keep holding on.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Felt Like Giving Up In Life? by Jossyfine(f): 5:40pm On Aug 10, 2020
It's just a phase Bro, please don't give up. You will soon pass over it.
One love �

quote author=XXLMANDIGO post=91413279] undecided

Amen!!![/quote]
Re: Have You Ever Felt Like Giving Up In Life? by DESAN(f): 6:53pm On Aug 10, 2020
So many times but the tot of kids keeps me moving on .
Re: Have You Ever Felt Like Giving Up In Life? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 10, 2020
Many people wanna because of bullies like
@Silversurfer1 who spew out thrashes to people without minding hurting them because they feel they are better meanwhile most of those goats end up with a torn life
Re: Have You Ever Felt Like Giving Up In Life? by julie89(f): 7:07pm On Aug 10, 2020
Bola146:

Thank God you didn't

It's well

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Felt Like Giving Up In Life? by bloomstar: 5:41am On Aug 11, 2020
Localchampion:
Many people wanna because of bullies like
@Silversurfer1 who spew out thrashes to people without minding hurting them because they feel they are better meanwhile most of those goats end up with a torn life

Ok
Re: Have You Ever Felt Like Giving Up In Life? by culf: 12:46pm On Aug 11, 2020
yeah, even right now, that's how I'm feeling cause of pressure everywhere then you know there is God. If not for God ehh.....thank God for God.

Don't give up bro, you're not alone on this, keep pushing and keep trusting God.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Dad Is Also A Nairalander, He's On Nairaland 247 / I Want 2 Be Wicked!! / Mother........eight Lies Of A Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.