Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,626 members, 7,823,757 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Oladapo Adu Stranded In Cote D'ivoire After Representing Nigeria In Competition - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Oladapo Adu Stranded In Cote D'ivoire After Representing Nigeria In Competition (47002 Views)

Equatorial Guinea Vs Cote D'ivoire: AFCON 2023 (4 - 0) On 22nd January 2024 / Athletes Representing Nigeria At Commonwealth Games, Birmingham 2022 (Full List) / Athletes Representing Nigeria At Tokyo 2020 (Full List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oladapo Adu Stranded In Cote D'ivoire After Representing Nigeria In Competition by skukimania(f): 2:33am On Jul 03, 2020
Michaelmercy:
Sincerely, being a Nigerian is one of Mistakes you must avoid in your next life grin

In this present life self if u can help it.

1 Like

Re: Oladapo Adu Stranded In Cote D'ivoire After Representing Nigeria In Competition by KomonSense: 2:36am On Jul 03, 2020
Onyekachi419:
Nigeria will forsake you grin

Seriously
Re: Oladapo Adu Stranded In Cote D'ivoire After Representing Nigeria In Competition by bigcasava1(m): 2:47am On Jul 03, 2020
Sorry my brother, Nigeria has no shame before the entire world so if you are ready to face the embarrassment and shame that comes in serving Nigeria no problem.
Re: Oladapo Adu Stranded In Cote D'ivoire After Representing Nigeria In Competition by cupidFlint(m): 3:03am On Jul 03, 2020
Igbobymarriage:
Project Nigeria failed.. A whole chess champion stranded..

How I wish I can wake Azikwe from his grave and give him a good knock on his head for objecting secession... Azikwe, no worry na he'll u dey go

Modified: my igbo kinsmen are attacking me... All bcox I said the truth, they have turned to attack mi.. But the truth is the truth..

The truth is,

Hausa are great

Igbos are greater

Yorubas are the greater greatest

And our God, Chineke is the great greater greatest

I am igbo man but I av always love yorubas all Tru my life..

Since I left Abia state when I was 25, I av lived wit the yorubas for almost 25 years and they are the greatest.. Very accommodating, silent achievers..
Infact I can deny my igbo and change to yoruba.

I married a Yoruba, my kids bears yorubas name..

God bless the Yorubas

They are the west just like America, Europe and so on..

God bless my igbos too
if I tell you you're senseless now you'll think na insult
Re: Oladapo Adu Stranded In Cote D'ivoire After Representing Nigeria In Competition by DedeNkem: 3:42am On Jul 03, 2020
Nigeria doesn't fail to disappoint its athletes! Shameless country!
Re: Oladapo Adu Stranded In Cote D'ivoire After Representing Nigeria In Competition by vioment: 3:46am On Jul 03, 2020
No be small tyn.
Re: Oladapo Adu Stranded In Cote D'ivoire After Representing Nigeria In Competition by deltateam: 3:46am On Jul 03, 2020
PureFace1:

https://www.pulse.ng/sports/more/oladapo-adu-a-nigerian-chess-champion-has-been-stranded-in-cote-divoire-after/rm97vb3

When a madman dances naked in the market, it is his relations that bear the shame.

Let me see a mofo that will thrash talk anyone for changing nationality.

He had the opportunity of representing US as he was the best but chose his fatherland and all he got was: "We gave $175 to use to carter for you..." For how many months e, shame no catch you to talk am?

Tueh!
Re: Oladapo Adu Stranded In Cote D'ivoire After Representing Nigeria In Competition by placeofallure(f): 4:18am On Jul 03, 2020
Igbobymarriage:

How I wish I can wake Azikwe from his grave and give him a good knock on his head for objecting secession... Azikwe, no worry na he'll u dey go

Modified: my igbo kinsmen are attacking me... All bcox I said the truth, they have turned to attack mi.. But the truth is the truth..

The truth is,

Hausa are great

Igbos are greater

Since I left Abia state when I was 25, I av lived wit the yorubas for almost 25 years and they are the greatest.. Very accommodating, silent achievers..

God bless the Yorubas

God bless my igbos too

In the university, we were 4 girls, one Calabar, 2 Ibos, and me, Yoruba, Christian. We lived together and never fought for one day. We ate together and wore each other's clothes. It's over a decade now but we're still best friends. I'll never forget them, just like they'll never forget me.
The neighbour I'm closest to now is an elderly Hausa Muslim woman. In fact, I see her as my MIL, cos she likes my husband like a son.
The problem is with individuals not races or tribes. I see everyone as a citizen of the world. Dunno why we can't be at peace with ourselves.

4 Likes

Re: Oladapo Adu Stranded In Cote D'ivoire After Representing Nigeria In Competition by Dondsmart: 5:17am On Jul 03, 2020
How did this relate to the post
Some people like creating problem cos talking is free

Igbobymarriage:

The truth is,

Hausa are great

Igbos are greater

God bless the Yorubas

God bless my igbos too
Re: Oladapo Adu Stranded In Cote D'ivoire After Representing Nigeria In Competition by klbakare(m): 5:40am On Jul 03, 2020
arinze3131:

Dis wan just dey talk nonsense

Your father is talking nonsense. You foolish offspring of a fraudster generation.
Re: Oladapo Adu Stranded In Cote D'ivoire After Representing Nigeria In Competition by ajimotoke(m): 5:44am On Jul 03, 2020
Just imagine, do you what it takes to become chess master and represent a whole country? This country is a joke

1 Like

Re: Oladapo Adu Stranded In Cote D'ivoire After Representing Nigeria In Competition by sassiemyk: 6:11am On Jul 03, 2020
Chess is supposed to be a game if wit and intellect. Sharp IQ and strategy. How can you checkmate all you have competed with and allow this failed government check mate you in real life. "Reality no Boardgame" ~ inside life
Re: Oladapo Adu Stranded In Cote D'ivoire After Representing Nigeria In Competition by jrusky(m): 6:35am On Jul 03, 2020
Igbobymarriage:

The truth is,

Hausa are great

Igbos are greater

God bless the Yorubas

God bless my igbos too

Bro they hate me as well infact some don't even like seen my face and I don't give a shit. I was born in SW grew up there and partly in the North I will say it with boldness no Yoruba has ever treated me badly or behaved in tribal hate towards me no single one till this very moment. I have loads of friends among them that we grew up together, some Edos and middle belt and we have all be friends to this very hour with no single hitch.

God bless Nigeria

God bless the Yoruba

God bless every free minded Igbo

God bless the North too.

Fact is no one under this heaven will force or preach to me to hate a tribe that had not done me any wrong no one. God bless bro.

RESPECT!!!

4 Likes

Re: Oladapo Adu Stranded In Cote D'ivoire After Representing Nigeria In Competition by Frankcallys(m): 6:55am On Jul 03, 2020
And we blame our brothers and sisters who represents other countries that treats them like kings and queens. This country of ours is a joke!!!
Re: Oladapo Adu Stranded In Cote D'ivoire After Representing Nigeria In Competition by Emperor002: 7:33am On Jul 03, 2020
u hv being check mate.datz wat it is
Re: Oladapo Adu Stranded In Cote D'ivoire After Representing Nigeria In Competition by Maxwellisaac: 7:47am On Jul 03, 2020
Igbobymarriage:

The truth is,

Hausa are great

Igbos are greater

God bless the Yorubas

God bless my igbos too
I wish I could like this post far more than once.
Whenever I say this, my Igbo dudes do think I have no idea of what I am talking about.
I left Imo when I was 8yrs. I lived in Lagos for 20yrs.
Now, I work in Enugu state. I can boldly tell you of how the behavior of our people irritate me.
We have no love for ourselves not to talk of those strangers living amongst us.

3 Likes

Re: Oladapo Adu Stranded In Cote D'ivoire After Representing Nigeria In Competition by davillian(m): 7:55am On Jul 03, 2020
Bar1941:

You accomodated them in your dreams I guess! Many of you guys have never even being out of your village since you were born yet you will be typing thrash on nairaland.

I had lived in all the 3 major regions in Nigeria and I know how accomodative the yorubas are. Check the percentage of Igbos and hausas leaving and earning their livelihood in yorubaland compare it to other regions of the country, you will get the fact. In the street I used to live in Ibadan, we have a lot of Igbo and Hausa landlords there which is very rare to see in the East. Some years back, two factions were fighting over Eze Indigbo title in Ibadan, this happened simply because the host were friendly.

I've been in lagos since late 80s,
Stayed in abj for 5yrs and back to lagos...
I housed one for 5yrs.....
His tribes men kicked him out after just 2months.
1)parasitic
2) very fetish
3) they can snitch on you at any time...
4) they talk alot
5) you can get their women with money both single and married....
I have lots of them as friends I speak the language eat their food
But they still remind me once in a while that I'm not their fellow tribes men....
Re: Oladapo Adu Stranded In Cote D'ivoire After Representing Nigeria In Competition by Proffdada: 8:20am On Jul 03, 2020
Igbobymarriage:

The truth is,

Hausa are great

Igbos are greater

God bless the Yorubas

God bless my igbos too
God bless you!

1 Like

Re: Oladapo Adu Stranded In Cote D'ivoire After Representing Nigeria In Competition by Proffdada: 8:28am On Jul 03, 2020
sassiemyk:
Chess is supposed to be a game if wit and intellect. Sharp IQ and strategy. How can you checkmate all you have competed with and allow this failed government check mate you in real life. "Reality no Boardgame" ~ inside life

Re: Oladapo Adu Stranded In Cote D'ivoire After Representing Nigeria In Competition by smeag0l(m): 10:36am On Jul 03, 2020
The funny thing is that the zone 4.2 tournament does not need to have a nigerian participant. Nigerians that go to play that tournament only go to win it so as to get an international master title or to win the prize money. This is because nigerian chess players are the best in west Africa and a nigerian always wins this tournament. I never expected Dapo Adu to go play a tournament like this because ,first, he is already an international master and secondly, the prize money is not worth the risk to travel to Liberia, Sierra Leone, Ghana, Togo or cote divoire(these are the countries that have hosted over the last 5 years). The top three nigerian chess players didnt attend this tournament!

1 Like

Re: Oladapo Adu Stranded In Cote D'ivoire After Representing Nigeria In Competition by lanchy: 11:27am On Jul 03, 2020
See common sense that is not common....God will punish all those that sow seed of discord between Yorubas and Igbos, Non of you are perfect, but you can achieve a lot more together. Cut out the North and invite the middle belt and South South as equals an watch your World prosper!!

Igbobymarriage:

The truth is,

Hausa are great

Igbos are greater

God bless the Yorubas

God bless my igbos too
Re: Oladapo Adu Stranded In Cote D'ivoire After Representing Nigeria In Competition by Dybala11(m): 2:13pm On Jul 03, 2020
mcdokwe:
Is our President aware?
He's in shock bro. grin
Re: Oladapo Adu Stranded In Cote D'ivoire After Representing Nigeria In Competition by Nobody: 4:51am On Jul 04, 2020
lanchy:
See common sense that is not common....God will punish all those that sow seed of discord between Yorubas and Igbos, Non of you are perfect, but you can achieve a lot more together. Cut out the North and invite the middle belt and South South as equals an watch your World prosper!!

Wishful thinking lol, the north has sank its teeth far down Nigeria’s throat there’s no escaping the death and decay that follows.
Re: Oladapo Adu Stranded In Cote D'ivoire After Representing Nigeria In Competition by RuggedSniper: 1:57pm On Jul 04, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jay-Jay Okocha In Court On Money Laundering Charges In Aberdeen, Scotland / Marseille Vs Lyon Game Called OFF After Shocking Case Of Team Coach Attacked / AS Roma Wishes Nigeria Happy 59th Independence In A Funny Way On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.