Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! (8387 Views)

Nigeria’s Constitution Allows Muslim Women To Wear Hijab – FG / Why Do Muslim Women Cover Their Hair? / Muslim Women Dancing To "One Corner". Video Goes Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! by Ossy9ja: 12:51pm On Jul 03, 2020
don't want to speak much research on Google what Admob is and see why you should make hundreds of money 21st of every month how?
by creating an admob account clicks ads and earn.......Join WhatsApp group to know more don't sleep on this Make research too!
WHATSAPP SHORTLINK: (https:///vI3pDd )

Re: Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! by Muna4real(f): 5:00pm On Jul 03, 2020
IDeyFlogAllah:
Not to me. It is your prophet who invented purdah and invented the Niqab and Burqa. Hijab beauty pageant is a contradiction in terms. You can't have both at the same time. You have to pick one and leave the other. You can't eat your cake and have it again

I am not a Muslim Mr
Re: Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! by IDeyFlogAllah(m): 5:14pm On Jul 03, 2020
With a name like Muna? Do you even know the significance of the hijab? If you did you wouldn't be defending it's use.

Muna4real:

I am not a Muslim Mr
Re: Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! by AryEmber(f): 5:40pm On Jul 03, 2020
InfinityFabric:

No you're the one with -0 understanding.
Muslim women are not public latrine like yours, the ones who does it are sinners.

No way this is OK in Islaam, what evidence will they present and who will they say they resemble.

How Islaam talked about it... have u even read anything about anything ?

Olodo!
Are they curing cancer ? Making electric cars or batteries ? Or in Semi-conductor factories making 5nm chiplet ?
Maybe they're in a team of software programmers writing OS? Or an economist fixing the nation? Or Molecular Biologists?
A very good teachers loved by student ?

See this one. Who do heck do you think u talking to?

Many of these are the most dumb people on the face of the earth and all they had to do is show their body (something they got from their parents)
How is that even a fair assessment of women potential?

Abeg left jare. Na your type dey give birth to children who are just vessels, no impact in the world.
U had better start learning something useful. u will teach your kids not being naked on TV.
Please, you can correct and enlighten her more without the insult. Obviously, she doesn't understand the true purpose of hijab and that, you can explain like a gentleman, when anyone reads your comment, they would most likely only see the insults instead of the real message you are trying to pass across.

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! by Muna4real(f): 7:13pm On Jul 03, 2020
IDeyFlogAllah:
With a name like Muna? Do you even know the significance of the hijab? If you did you wouldn't be defending it's use.

I might not know the meaning or significance of the hijab, but those Muslims who organized that pageant know better .

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! by Muna4real(f): 7:32pm On Jul 03, 2020
InfinityFabric:

Muslim women are not public latrine like yours, the ones who does it are sinners.

No way this is OK in Islaam, what evidence will they present and who will they say they resemble.

Olodo!
Are they curing cancer ? Making electric cars or batteries ? Or in Semi-conductor factories making 5nm chiplet ?
Maybe they're in a team of software programmers writing OS? Or an economist fixing the nation? Or Molecular Biologists?

Many of these are the most dumb people on the face of the earth and all they had to do is show their body (something they got from their parents)

Abeg left jare. Na your type dey give birth to children who are just vessels, no impact in the world.
U had better start learning something useful. u will teach your kids not being naked on TV.

I'm back now to reply the insult you gave all the women in your family and not me .

1) You are the biggest idiot to think that any woman who's not a Muslim is a public latrine.

2) You are not and will never be in any way better than those intelligent Muslim women who organized that pageant.

3) See idiot ohh! Glorified foooool. Which cancer have you cured? Ehh tell me ode. You don't know anything about the women in question and yet you open that your rotten mouth to insult them. See as your mouth de smell from nairaland come meet me here for my house. Tell me wetin you Don make! Ekpa!

4) See who is calling women dumb! I have seen doctors, layers, engineers, nurses in beauty pageants. By the way, can any of the women in your generation ever be better than them? Ehh tell me. Senseless goat!

4) Na your type de give birth to visionless people who litter the street doing nothing. Imagine thinking that beauty queens are dumb when you yourself cannot measure up to them in everything about life! You better go and start thinking about your worthless life. Idiooooooooooot!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! by Muna4real(f): 7:34pm On Jul 03, 2020
pmoye:
Says who?

Says the Muslim women association smiley
Re: Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! by ukpahu(m): 7:47pm On Jul 03, 2020
itel s giving out money ooooo my people
Re: Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! by Muna4real(f): 7:56pm On Jul 03, 2020
Smile4mee01:
They should not start what they cant finish ooooo.

The reason some men still find them attractive is because its women are deemed to be submissive and feminine. Lets assume there is a winner and she wins millions of dollars, with that kind of money will she want to listen to one man somewhere.

Well, they can do it at their own peril.

Lol

You are very funny sir. Don't think that winning a pageant will make you rude or prevent you from marrying. I have seen former beauty queens with husband and children and they are living happily in their matrimonial homes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! by iloveojonime: 8:22pm On Jul 03, 2020
not true undecided undecided
Re: Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! by Edyice: 9:54pm On Jul 03, 2020
How do we know if they have straight legs cheesy cheesy

If I say anything bad about Muslims

Seun and his Muslim colleagues will have meeting

How to ban person no dey hard am ....

1 Like

Re: Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! by SkinyGirl(f): 11:32pm On Jul 03, 2020
Re: Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! by frozen70(f): 12:33am On Jul 04, 2020
Muna4real:
Last month, I heard of a story where a Muslim lady was Disqualified from partaking in a pageant because of the hijab she was wearing. Well I just want to give my opinion about this and also educate people about pagents.

Now what is a beauty pageant? A beauty pageant is an event where an intelligent ,smart, and charismatic person is crowned. Now pagenry falls into so many categories. There are male pageants ( Mr world, female pageants (Miss World, Miss universe, Miss globe, Miss planet, miss earth, Miss international, Miss intecontinental,etc,), children pageants (little miss world, little miss Nigeria, etc) Christan pageants (I have seen one in my life), Muslim pagents (world muslimah) ,Miss petite Nigeria ( for short women), Miss bum bum Brazil (very funny pageant grin), Miss unilag, Miss imsu, Miss Abuja ,mbgn (most beautiful girl in Nigeria), etc.

The most important thing about pagents is "what is the reason or the objective of the pagent "? Do you know that the miss world pagent is mainly a philantrophic pageant? Do you know that the Miss universe pageant is mainly a motivational pageant? Do you know that the Miss Earth pageant is focused on the problems facing the earth eg global warming, and other natural disasters? Every pageant has a goal. Also every pageant has rules and regulations and also age limit.

Now let's focus on our main topic. The miss world muslimah is a pageant in which intelligent and smart Muslim women can contest for a pageant. The main objective of the pageant is to prove to the world that the hijab cannot prevent you from being crowned as a beauty queen. This also arose from the fact that most pageants are not in line with the laws of Islam and so, Muslim women can not participate. This is the goal of the pageant.

Now before you can contest for the pageant, you have to contest first in your country and then represent your country on the world Muslim stage. Miss Nigeria won it in 2013. But the problem is that not many Muslim organizations are even aware of the pageant not to talk of staging such pageants in Nigeria. An association like muric ,the Islamic association of Nigeria,or even the sultan of sokoto can take up the pageant so that Nigeria can have constant delegates to represent the country in the Muslim world stage. I'm not sure if Nigeria has ever had a representative since 2013.

I would advise the Muslim community in Nigeria to take up the responsibility of sponsoring such pageants and even open up more pageants so that our Muslim sisters can also show the world that hijab and Islam is beautiful.

And lastly, I am not a Muslim lady, I am an igbo girl and a pageant lover. My name is Munachi.I hope to contest for mbgn in the nearest future .i am only giving my advice to the Muslim ladies because I believe that every woman can contest in a pageant.

This will not work here because they claim to be more religious than the imam
Re: Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! by Keenartists: 1:43am On Jul 04, 2020
wow
Re: Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! by elmagnifico411(m): 3:44am On Jul 04, 2020
Baba, dem don use religion brainwash u . Very confused sets
. Berra leave d lady with her points. no lemme open your religion yansh from what I've read and understood about it.
quote author=InfinityFabric post=91331817]

Olodo!

[/quote]
Re: Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! by ahahnow: 4:29am On Jul 04, 2020
Ivyhairline 
Fcmb 

Whoever owns that account scammed me. Ladies beware. I am still waiting for my wig since March
Re: Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! by Raydos: 9:20am On Jul 04, 2020
I'm a Christian, But I like it when a woman is fully covered,

You don't have to open your body for unneccesary attention!!

1 Like

Re: Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! by Ndubuisi1: 2:24pm On Jul 04, 2020
Re: Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! by ModestGal(f): 5:42pm On Jul 04, 2020
Muna4real:

Those that were niquab can as well have a pageant of their own were intelligent woman can also speak for the Muslim ladies and contribute to community development. Now the miss world muslimah is for hijab and unfortunately, it is the first Muslim pageant in the whole. Nigeria does not have a national pageant for that. The only way that women with niquab can participate in pageants is that concerned Muslim faithfuls can open up a pageant for them. The rules of the pageant will then be that you have to wear niquab. There can also be a pageant for the one you call bukar. There is no limit to pagenry.
Sis, I love you already, thanks for the information. Please don't mind those dumb fellows saying nonsense, you should know that what they are saying is not necessarily the real Islamic views, some could claim anything online.
Re: Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! by DawnMagazines: 7:04pm On Jul 04, 2020
Re: Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! by fattprince(m): 7:00am On Jul 05, 2020
Muna4real:
Oh I forgot to add this. There are also cultural pageants. They are used to showcase the culture and beauty of the women from a particular tribe .eg Miss moremi ,Miss itshekiri, and of course, the oldest cultural pageant in Nigeria, the most beautiful igbo girl (mbig) or you can call it Ada ndigbo. grin
Let's see your pics to know if you have any chance of winning miss Nigeria in future when you participate. Or will you send it to my dm?
Re: Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! by Cousin9999: 8:55am On Jul 05, 2020
Pageants are inherently sexual, so I don't see how that doesn't conflict with that religion. But I also don't see how a woman can wear a hijab and also wear skintight clothing that shows every single curve on her body. Weird.
Re: Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! by lograr(m): 9:54am On Jul 05, 2020
Seun unpin this post and move it to religion section. Its not an all encompassing topic or an announcement that deserve pinning.
Re: Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! by Muna4real(f): 1:11pm On Jul 05, 2020
fattprince:

Let's see your pics to know if you have any chance of winning miss Nigeria in future when you participate. Or will you send it to my dm?

Lol
Re: Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! by hamorny001: 3:13pm On Jul 05, 2020
Lolssss � dis must be world's miss hijab Beauty pageant. They all are beautiful .
Re: Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! by Gfxguy(m): 3:55pm On Jul 05, 2020
The Online Graphic Design Masterclass N5,000 promo ends by next week Sunday 4pm..

From next week, the price would revert to the regular N10,000

You can check our page on ig - @graphicsbykeem to see what to expect from the training.
Most of the designs on the page were done on mobile phone.

For those who are still contemplating see the juicy package below:
1.) Video editing
2.) Professional logo design
3.) Mock-ups on objects like billboards, t-shirts and design.
4.) How to create exquisite book covers with your phone.
5) How to design beautiful Graphics (Flyers, posters, social media posts etc) on your phone from scratch to FINISH in just 20 minutes.
6) 3D animation videos
7) Whiteboard animation video
cool 3D Explainer Video
9) Educational & Inspirational video toolkit
10) Beautiful logo animations
11) Business logo intro video
12) 3D logo and mockup design
13) Free Premium canva app
14)Free Premium inshot video editing app
15) Build website without coding. How to host your site for free. Build your own business website in 1hour

Extra Bonus
Netflix Premium

What's more, you get every paid training software and apps for FREE...
You won't get this kind of offer anywhere else.

WhatsApp:
Re: Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! by Swtbabyvee(f): 4:13pm On Jul 05, 2020
Madam go to Una Muslim section and raise the issue there . No let me talk weyti go pain u .

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! by ibuchukwuumah(m): 8:13pm On Jul 05, 2020
i think muslim don't participate in those event
Re: Muslim Women Can Still Participate In Beauty Pageants! by Nobody: 12:33am On Jul 06, 2020
Bs.. its like trying to mix water with oil... it can't work The beauty of a woman has nothing to do with hijab or any sort of garments covering the head to toe

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Has Any Muslim Had A Journey From Islam To Atheism And Back To Islam? / Abu Hurairah - The Mujassim (one Who Give Allah Shape) / Ruling On Trading In Currencies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.