Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? (1365 Views)

How Do Atheists Address The Question Of Human Existence? / We Humans Are Making The World A Sick Place, Yet We Blame God / Why Do Atheists Love Bashing Religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:58pm On Jul 03, 2020
kingxsamz:

Yeah, thanks.
I now believe in God.

No you do not! cheesy And that is not my intendment.

Belief in God is a different thing which you are going to do, all by yourself, for yourself. I would not touch you at all.
Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by Fucsheetup(f): 3:01pm On Jul 03, 2020
Image123:

Exactly why He has a right to slaughter them. i cannot go and slaughter the 1000chickens in my neighbour's poultry. i can kill ALL the ones in my house right now. Why? They belong to me. That's the simple logic, i expect you to go all emotional now instead of logical.
Huh?! And yet when those terrorists strike you Christians call their religion violent? By your logic, men should have the right to murder other men because of god no one has ever seen?

You are a big clown.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by Fucsheetup(f): 3:04pm On Jul 03, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

No, I am not!

I have seen Him and met with Him and He is A Very Very Good Person and very Pleasantly Wonderful, Who is Too Much in Everything grin.

Oh! I Love Him
Really?!?

What does he look like? I’ve always wanted to know.

Is he translucent or matter?
Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by Fucsheetup(f): 3:06pm On Jul 03, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

He does exist.

The first Proof is that you are in his house called the World. And your mother too knows that it is not her house

This house is called Earth.
Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:11pm On Jul 03, 2020
Fucsheetup:
Huh?! And yet when those terrorists strike you Christians call their religion violent? By your logic, men should have the right to murder other men because of god no one has ever seen?

You are a big clown.

Come on do not be ridiculous! We have a right to complain, for it should not be done in the first place.

Why? Because the killing he can do, we can do it too.

And if we respond, you would certainly not be here saying this shit!
Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:14pm On Jul 03, 2020
Fucsheetup:
This house is called Earth.

Yep, earth, globe whatever name we commonly identify it, I am alright with it.
Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by Vic2Ree(m): 3:15pm On Jul 03, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Edited after realizing my error. Carry on grin
Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jul 03, 2020
Joagbaje:

They believe in God . They know there's God they just trying to deny him his title by their rebellion out of whatever got them angry. Loss of nother ,father, failure,struggle etc

For where?
Atheists do not believe in God, because there no reason to do so.
Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:18pm On Jul 03, 2020
Vic2Ree:

cheesy
grin

Oh! I mean it, I mean it like waking up everyday to see A Beautiful Good Thing both in my House and in the Office and on the Streets cheesy
Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 03, 2020
kingxsamz:

Yeah... That's what I'm saying.
Your imaginary god is not a good god.

Who decides what is Good?
How can one call God good or bad?
It doesn't make sense.
Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:21pm On Jul 03, 2020
Vic2Ree:

Edited after realizing my error. Carry on grin

Don't sweat it, sweetheart, I Am On Already! cheesy
Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by Vic2Ree(m): 3:24pm On Jul 03, 2020
[s]
Dtruthspeaker:

Don't sweat it, sweetheart, I Am On Already! cheesy
[/s]

Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:26pm On Jul 03, 2020
Squillaci:

It doesn't make sense.

Good and Evil is Always Always Decided by the Owner of A House or The Judge The Owner Appointed or The Laws The Owner Has Issued.
Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jul 03, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Good and Evil is Always Always Decided by the Owner of A House or The Judge The Owner Appointed or The Laws The Owner Has Issued.
Gbam.
If God exists, it would foolish to describe it as good or bad. God would be the determiner of what's right or wrong. So if he decides that genocide is good, then it is good simply because he says so. But God deciding if A is good or bad doesn't address the question of what good and bad is.
To me, Good and bad can only make sense if we see it as a human construct. Something a God would be beyond.
Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by IamMichael(m): 3:36pm On Jul 03, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

There is no more cognible statement that can be said other than the above, just as after A,B,C to Letter 'Z', no other letter remain to use again.
You have not said anything!
Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by IamMichael(m): 3:45pm On Jul 03, 2020
Squillaci:

Gbam.
If God exists, it would foolish to describe it as good or bad. God would be the determiner of what's right or wrong. So if he decides that genocide is good, then it is good simply because he says so. But God deciding if A is good or bad doesn't address the concept of good or bad is.
To me, Good and bad can only make sense if we see it as a human construct. Something a God would be beyond.
He lacks the cognitive ability to understand what you just said!

Warning alert, the guy you are responding to is a psychopath and religious Extremist who advocates for killing of children to please Yahweh, his jewish god!
Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:55pm On Jul 03, 2020
Squillaci:

Gbam.
If God exists, it would foolish to describe it as good or bad. God would be the determiner of what's right or wrong. So if he decides that genocide is good, then it is good simply because he says so. But God deciding if A is good or bad doesn't address the concept of good or bad is.

I do not understand your concept of good and bad.

For me to appreciate your understanding of good and bad, I respectfully ask,

If I gave you a job with a salary of N620k per month, would that be good?

Or if you see kingxams doing kerewa and jiggy-jiggy with your girlfriend/fiancee/wife, would that be bad?
Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by kingxsamz(m): 3:59pm On Jul 03, 2020
Squillaci:

It doesn't make sense.

So he's not good?
Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by kingxsamz(m): 3:59pm On Jul 03, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Belief in God is a different thing which you are going to do, all by yourself, for yourself. I would not touch you at all.

Alright man.
Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jul 03, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

I do not understand your concept of good and bad.

For me to appreciate your understanding of good and bad, I respectfully ask,

If I gave you a job with a salary of N620k per month, would that be good?

Or if you see kingxams doing kerewa and jiggy-jiggy with your girlfriend/fiancee/wife, would that be bad?

This definition of good is from human point of view.
It is what is benificial to a man.
But what if the Creator of the universe does not want what would benificial to man. E.g, what if he what he decides for man is war, crime, hunger, pestilence, chaos?
Does that stop him from being the creator of the universe?
Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:38pm On Jul 03, 2020
Squillaci:

This definition of good is from human point of view.
It is what is benificial to a man.
But what if the Creator of the universe does not want what would benificial to man. E.g, what if he what he decides for man is war, crime, hunger, pestilence, chaos?
Does that stop him from being the creator of the universe?

Do not be offended, for you, does good and beneficial mean the same thing?

Because in my opinion, what is good is Always Beneficial to human but what is beneficial, is not Always good.

That was why I needed to know your standard of measurement of good and bad in the scenarios I raised up.

So please which of these scenarios would be good or bad? Is

A) a job with a salary of N620k per month, good? or

B) another man having sex with your girlfriend/fiancee or wife bad?
Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by OKOATA(m): 7:03pm On Jul 03, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Because in my opinion, what is good is Always Beneficial to human but what is beneficial, is not Always good.

That was why I needed to know your standard of measurement of good and bad in the scenarios I raised up.

Isiah 45-7
I create the light and make the darkness. I send good times and bad times. I, the LORD, am the one who does these things.
That answers your question but aside natural disasters etc man also contributes to the evil of this world, the person who created gun did that for hunting before man became evil with it, men created bombs, art of warfare etc and its not right to blame God for that. God and man has the same character since we are created in his image and likeness so we should stop blaming God for everything.
Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:53pm On Jul 03, 2020
OKOATA:
Isiah 45-7
I create the light and make the darkness. I send good times and bad times. I, the LORD, am the one who does these things.
That answers your question but aside natural disasters etc man also contributes to the evil of this world, the person who created gun did that for hunting before man became evil with it, men created bombs, art of warfare etc and its not right to blame God for that. God and man has the same character since we are created in his image and likeness so we should stop blaming God for everything.

Please no, it does not, for I was trying to specifically ascertain, what he would consider to be good, or that, which he would say is bad, as a standard of measurement of what would be good or bad in the scenarios I presented.
Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by Image123(m): 10:19pm On Jul 03, 2020
kingxsamz:

Yeah... That's what I'm saying.
Your imaginary god is not a good god.

Lol, you're confused. Is He real, or He does not exist, or He is not a good God. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by Image123(m): 10:21pm On Jul 03, 2020
Fucsheetup:

You are a big clown.

Hope you didn't mess up your room? Think logically, not emotionally. Are you a closet christain?
Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by IMAliyu(m): 10:35pm On Jul 03, 2020
Squillaci:

Gbam.
If God exists, it would foolish to describe it as good or bad. God would be the determiner of what's right or wrong. So if he decides that genocide is good, then it is good simply because he says so. But God deciding if A is good or bad doesn't address the question of what good and bad is.
But don't you see the problem in that argument?

A terrorist believes what he is doing is good, because his God ordained it. That human morality and sense of good and bad is flawed, so we should not listen to it and just follow God's (his God) command and shouldn't question them.
And another thing, God in the Abrahamic faiths in specific is described as a good and loving God that created humans in his image to have wisdom, intelligence and morality to understand him the creator. So, what does it say when a person has a conflict and can't see the good in a command from God or his actions? Does it mean that our innate sense of good and bad is wrong, or that there is something wrong with God's command.
So should we look at faith based genocide as moral and not wrong?
Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by IMAliyu(m): 12:26am On Jul 04, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

I would personally argue that good is a mode of being, mindset and set of actions that are beneficial to the individual, not only that, but beneficial to those around him, which extends to his community at large and arguably to the whole of humanity. Or at the very least is not actively detrimental to any other person.
"Let one walk alone, committing no sin, with few wishes, like elephants in the forest." (Based on a Buddhist poem) Mamoru Oshii (GITS Innocence)

Now what is the meaning of the word beneficial used here?
Since we are living creates and the primary characteristic of living things is to survive and to pass on it's information in the form of genes(reproduction) and memes(no not internet memes, more like acquired and accumulated wisdom, knowledge, ideas, skills that kind thing) directly or indirectly. So therefore the meaning of beneficial in this case would be from the biological perspective so, anything which does not interfere with people's ability and choice to do these things and which actively supports it. (In more simpler words, that which does interfere with any individual's life, liberty and pursuit of happiness and does not come at a cost to another.)

Using my explanation a salary of N620k is good, because it would mean you can get your essential (survival) needs in life covered (food, water, medicine, shelter) and be able to even help others (family, friends, charity) and pursuit what can make you happy.
And another man having sex with your wife/girlfriend is subject to interpretation based on the condition, but I'm assuming you mean your woman cheats on you with another man, which would be bad because it's a breach of trust and betrayal on her part, which would cause a whole bunch detrimental things that would take me too long to explain why it's bad at the moment.
Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:14am On Jul 04, 2020
IMAliyu:

I would personally argue that good is a mode of being, mindset and set of actions that are beneficial to the individual, not only that, but beneficial to those around him, which extends to his community at large and arguably to the whole of humanity. Or at the very least is not actively detrimental to any other person.
"Let one walk alone, committing no sin, with few wishes, like elephants in the forest." (Based on a Buddhist poem) Mamoru Oshii (GITS Innocence

Interesting definition, but it still captures what I think good is and should be.

IMAliyu:

Now what is the meaning of the word beneficial used here?
Since we are living creates and the primary characteristic of living things is to survive and to pass on it's information in the form of genes(reproduction) and memes(no not internet memes, more like acquired and accumulated wisdom, knowledge, ideas, skills that kind thing) directly or indirectly. So therefore the meaning of beneficial in this case would be from the biological perspective so, anything which does not interfere with people's ability and choice to do these things and which actively supports it. (In more simpler words, that which does interfere with any individual's life, liberty and pursuit of happiness and does not come at a cost to another.)

I am lost here, please bear with me, am I interpreting rightly to say that you mean Beneficial means Biological Transfer, hereditary phenomenon, handed down from generation to generation etc and not the Naturally Popular Meaning which means "gainful, profitable, a welcomed increase, additional, Jara?

IMAliyu:

Using my explanation a salary of N620k is good, because it would mean you can get your essential (survival) needs in life covered (food, water, medicine, shelter) and be able to even help others (family, friends, charity) and pursuit what can make you happy.
And another man having sex with your wife/girlfriend is subject to interpretation based on the condition, but I'm assuming you mean your woman cheats on you with another man, which would be bad because it's a breach of trust and betrayal on her part, which would cause a whole bunch detrimental things that would take me too long to explain why it's bad at the moment.

My apologies! I have deferred comment on this part of the post for later because it is needful that I fully appreciate and comprehend your view before I answer, lest, my answer may cause some unintended offence to you.
Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by IMAliyu(m): 5:32am On Jul 04, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

I am lost here, please bear with me, am I interpreting rightly to say that you mean Beneficial means Biological Transfer, hereditary phenomenon, handed down from generation to generation etc and not the Naturally Popular Meaning which means "gainful, profitable, a welcomed increase, additional, Jara?
Ah ok.
I was trying not to fall into the issue of 'moral relativism' here, which is when someone says that "the definition of good and bad is based on a person's culture."
And to make the point that what is good and bad can cut across all cultures and it's origin is inherent in our very nature.
And that when you examine what we consider to normally be beneficial and good in day to day life, you would see that it is what helps satisfy our very nature as living things (it is what helps prolongs our life, it is what makes life better for our children, it is what helps reduce suffering in the world) directly or indirectly.
And I would add it's the reason why anyone can usually easily tell that something is good or bad normally most of the time, without doing any long thinking, because it is instinct.

I hope I did not add more confusion.

My apologies! I have deferred comment on this part of the post for later because it is needful that I fully appreciate and comprehend your view before I answer, lest, my answer may cause some unintended offence to you.
No problem.
Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by Fucsheetup(f): 7:12am On Jul 04, 2020
Image123:

Hope you didn't mess up your room? Think logically, not emotionally. Are you a closet christain?
There’s nothing logical about religion.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:16am On Jul 04, 2020
IMAliyu:

Ah ok.
I was trying not to fall into the issue of 'moral relativism' here, which is when someone says that "the definition of good and bad is based on a person's culture."
And to make the point that what is good and bad can cut across all cultures and it's origin is inherent in our very nature.
And that when you examine what we consider to normally be beneficial and good in day to day life, you would see that it is what helps satisfy our very nature as living things (it is what helps prolongs our life, it is what makes life better for our children, it is what helps reduce suffering in the world) directly or indirectly.
And I would add it's the reason why anyone can usually easily tell that something is good or bad normally most of the time, without doing any long thinking, because it is instinct.

I hope I did not add more confusion.

No problem.

grin whuuuw! I think you did but I could attempt sorting what you meant.

1) good is individually subjective, you rejected this.

2) good and bad is familiar to everyone, from every culture.

3) good satisfies our natural living, prolongs life, Improves the lives of children and reduces suffering.

4) everyone can immediately determine that which is good or bad, without difficulty.

Can I conclude that this is what you were saying up there?
Re: Why Do Atheists Blame God For Evil In The World When They Don't Believe In Him? by IMAliyu(m): 10:46am On Jul 04, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

grin whuuuw! I think you did but I could attempt sorting what you meant.

1) good is individually subjective, you rejected this.

2) good and bad is familiar to everyone, from every culture.

3) good satisfies our natural living, prolongs life, Improves the lives of children and reduces suffering.

4) everyone can immediately determine that which is good or bad, without difficulty.

Can I conclude that this is what you were saying up there?

Pretty much what I meant.

But for number 4, which I what I meant was for most of the time anyone can tell good from bad on simple issues. Like your question of N620k salary or another man sleeping with your woman.
Any normal person would choose the N620k.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Joe Biden Help Wed Two Men To Each Other / God Is Never Late. He’s Bang On Time. 2021 Is Not Yet Over So Don’t Give Up! / Australian Man Claims To Be Reincarnation Of Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.