Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,792 members, 7,810,063 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:47 PM

3 Reasons Why You Must Learn Islamic Subjects - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / 3 Reasons Why You Must Learn Islamic Subjects (8181 Views)

Muslims Must learn Tawheed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Reasons Why You Must Learn Islamic Subjects by suleiman02: 10:19am On Jul 03, 2020
Alhamdulila wasalaatu wasalaam ala rasuliLah wa ahlihi wa ashaabihi ajmaheen.

It is a known concept that when human beings set out to achieve a goal there will always be a purpose behind it.

The prophet Muhammad (saw) said
" إنما الأعمال بنية" Literarily, it means: "All actions are considered with there intentions..."

But the issue is that humans are always forgetful, we tend to lose focus and motivation easily. it is possible someone set out to do something good but along the way changed is the intention to something bad, or abandon moving on that course and purpose.

That's why Allah SWT said we should always engage in remembrance because it benefits the believers. (Sura Dhariyaat: 56)

Coming to the topic at hand, why do we study Islamic subjects?

1. We study Islam to fulfill our sole purpose of existence - to worship Allah SWT in the way and manner He legislated through the message and practice of Muhammad SAW.

Allah SWT said:       "وما خلقت الجن والإنس إلا ليعبدون" I did not create the Jinn and Humans except that they should worship me alone"
So therefore we need to learn Islam to know how to worship Allah the way he wants, legislated with proofs NOT the way we thought or saw people worship ( because they may be wrong).

The prophet saw said seeking knowledge is obligatory upon every Muslim male and female alike.

2. The study of Islam is far important and superior to any other knowledge or qualifications you might have attained or seek to attain.
This is because reaping the fruits of your study isn't guaranteed and you won't have an instant reward for it but the reward of learning Islam is instant and everlasting.

To shed more light on this, I personally have heard of colleagues who passed on at their final year, there are those who passed away before the final year, there are those who do not even reach up to college level of study.

So, I used to think, these people have not reaped the fruits of their labour and all their endeavours are less important to Allah except that done to seek Him and His pleasure only.

Let's think deeply about it, once our death time reaches, we must go, whether we like it or not, the only benefiting things are the goodness we have put forward for the sake of Allah.

The list of "the whys" of studying Islam is  in-exhaustive

The bottom line is know your "whys" of studying Islam, let it be your reference point when you are lagging behind, and Shayton is inspiring you to discourage you and make you loose motivation.

You may add your "whys" also to encourage others.

3. The third is that the most noble and honourable among us in the sight of Allah are the pious ones.
Allah the most high said " إ[b]ن أكرمكم  عند الله  اتقىكمi"[/b]

The most honourable among you in the sight of Allah is the most pious.

So, if this is the case, how will someone be pious when is not bothered about knowing what brings about piety?

The answer is obvious.

Remember rahimakaLlah that the foremost basis of piety in the sight of Allah is your actualization of the oneness of Allah, making your worship exclusively for Him alone and refraining from all forms of Shirk and innovations in the deen.

The person that is mannerly and humanly upright, well behaved but does not have Tawheed or save guard it, is like a person that is good to all humans but bad behaved to his parents.

You see, he has indeed jumped the hierarchy of goodness that nullifies other forms of goodness.

In a hadeeth narrated by Abu Huraira in our book of Al-adabul mufrad: a man came to the prophet (saw) asking who should I be most dutiful to (among humans), he saw said your mother, he repeated this thrice and then said your father.

This is in conformity with the numerous statements of Allah where Allah commanded obedience to ones parents after being obedient to him. One of such is the famous verse:

وقضى ربك أن لا تعبدوا إلا إياه وبالوالدين إحسانا، إما يبلغن عندك الكبر أو أحدهما فلا تقلهما أف ولا تنهرهما وقلهما قولا كريما"

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Reasons Why You Must Learn Islamic Subjects by GodPunishBiafra: 9:40am On Jul 10, 2020
Yasssss
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Must Learn Islamic Subjects by GodPunishBiafra: 9:40am On Jul 10, 2020
Masha Allah

5 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why You Must Learn Islamic Subjects by hikmojj(m): 9:45am On Jul 10, 2020
offset67:
Force me learn am na, terrorists

Taking your pills would have solved your problem.

11 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why You Must Learn Islamic Subjects by ThatFairGuy1: 9:47am On Jul 10, 2020
hikmojj:

Don't stress yourself, we'll keep reporting their nut-headed

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why You Must Learn Islamic Subjects by offset67(m): 9:49am On Jul 10, 2020
hikmojj:

People like you are my problem

6 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why You Must Learn Islamic Subjects by Esji80(m): 10:04am On Jul 10, 2020
Jazakallahu khaira

May Allah reward you abundantly ameen

6 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why You Must Learn Islamic Subjects by Vulcanheph(m): 10:08am On Jul 10, 2020
Thanks but i think i'll pass......i don't want learn anything about the religion of "PEACE", or any another religon at all.
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Must Learn Islamic Subjects by yassjib: 10:17am On Jul 10, 2020
offset67:
Force me learn am na, terrorists
May Allah have mercy on you

2 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why You Must Learn Islamic Subjects by hikmojj(m): 10:23am On Jul 10, 2020
offset67:

That is why I am your doctor bro

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why You Must Learn Islamic Subjects by oludavis123: 10:34am On Jul 10, 2020
I believe in Jesus and that he is the Son of God.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 3 Reasons Why You Must Learn Islamic Subjects by Kubernetes: 10:52am On Jul 10, 2020
offset67:

lol and that's why he is telling you to take your pill, because you know is your problem

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why You Must Learn Islamic Subjects by adewad13(m): 10:59am On Jul 10, 2020
No matter the abuse....we would continue to pray for your guidance.. we are peace going Ummah.
The pure definition of PEACE is ISLAM..
The ONLY way to salvation is ISLAM.

Haters just keep calm...use your sense...read your bible from Genesis to last page. You will be surely guided.

As Salam Alaykum waramatullahi wabarakatuhu ....to all brothers and sisters.

6 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why You Must Learn Islamic Subjects by marvin906(m): 11:19am On Jul 10, 2020
the reasons are..
1.to bl.ow yourself
2.to bl.ow yourself
3.to get 7 virgins

hope i didn't forget anything

8 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why You Must Learn Islamic Subjects by marvin906(m): 11:21am On Jul 10, 2020
adewad13:
No matter the abuse....we would continue to pray for your guidance.. we are peace going Ummah.
The pure definition of PEACE is ISLAM..
The ONLY way to salvation is ISLAM.

Haters just keep calm...use your sense...read your bible from Genesis to last page. You will be surely guided.

As Salam Alaykum waramatullahi wabarakatuhu ....to all brothers and sisters.

from peace to pieces

3 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why You Must Learn Islamic Subjects by Akhirastriver(m): 11:40am On Jul 10, 2020
oludavis123:
I believe in Jesus and that he is the Son of God.
grin

5 Likes

Re: 3 Reasons Why You Must Learn Islamic Subjects by Hajokexyz: 11:42am On Jul 10, 2020
SmartPolician:
No 4
To learn how to throw bombs like Boko Haram, Al Qaeda, Hezbollah, ISIS, etc.
You must not skip that, please
grin grin grin grin grin

phew
Re: 3 Reasons Why You Must Learn Islamic Subjects by patani(m): 11:44am On Jul 10, 2020
Those who do not believe in fighting Jihad are not the real Muslim...A real muslim takes Mohamed (SAW) as the purest of human kind while emulating him in all things.....

So, a real Muslim marry more than 1 wife as long as you have the means
A real Muslim fight or support Jihad financially if he is unable to fight
A real Muslim married a wife as young as 6 years old and betroth them at 9
A real muslim beats his wife when they misbehave
A real muslim kills Christian and Others who do not belive in Alah whereever they find them
A real muslim VISITS Mecca in his lifetime as long as he has the means

I can go on

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Reasons Why You Must Learn Islamic Subjects by patani(m): 11:45am On Jul 10, 2020
Akhirastriver:
grin

No one said Jesus is 100% God, Jesus is a Son of God and part of Creation...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Emulate The Leadership Qualities Of Prophet Mohammed / Muslim Man Pleads With Arewa Leaders To Start Speaking Against Child Marriages / How Can Muslims Balance These Narratives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.