Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Can Humans Ever Go Extinct? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Humans Ever Go Extinct? (262 Views)

Can Humans Live Forever On Earth? / Humans Killed Humans Before God The Creator Of Humans Ever Did. / We Humans Are Making The World A Sick Place, Yet We Blame God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Humans Ever Go Extinct? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 03, 2020
Recently, I saw a George Carlin video on YouTube where he talked about people who are trying to "save the planet". He said over 90% of the organisms that have ever existed have gone extinct. He said those who are trying to stop certain animals from going extinct are only trying to interfere with nature out of arrogance.

He said the extinction of these animals is the earth's way of cleansing itself and it would be the turn of humans to go extinct in the future but the earth would remain for a very long time.

I did a little research on the internet and it turned out to be true. It got me thinking. Is the recent pandemic and the existence of harmful microorganisms the earth's way of ridding itself of existing organisms? If so, what does this mean for the human race? Can Humans Ever Go Extinct?
Cc
Seun, CAPSLOCKED, Martinez39s, Hakeem 12, Hahn
Re: Can Humans Ever Go Extinct? by illicit(m): 4:53pm On Jul 03, 2020
Anything can happen

Ma fo....
Re: Can Humans Ever Go Extinct? by LordReed(m): 6:19pm On Jul 03, 2020
raptex:
Recently, I saw a George Carlin video on YouTube where he talked about people who are trying to "save the planet". He said over 90% of the organisms that have ever existed have gone extinct. He said those who are trying to stop certain animals from going extinct are only trying to interfere with nature out of arrogance.

He said the extinction of these animals is the earth's way of cleansing itself and it would be the turn of humans to go extinct in the future but the earth would remain for a very long time.

I did a little research on the internet and it turned out to be true. It got me thinking. Is the recent pandemic and the existence of harmful microorganisms the earth's way of ridding itself of existing organisms? If so, what does this mean for the human race? Can Humans Ever Go Extinct?
Cc
Seun, CAPSLOCKED, Martinez39s, Hakeem 12, Hahn

There is a difference between going extinct by natural occurances and going extinct by man made actions. One is preventable the other is not. We are already interfering in nature so making the best of it to keep our fellow earth mates alive is not a bad idea.

Meanwhile, yeah its possible for man to go extinct but it will only be by really extraordinary circumstances. Man has the knowledge, drive and technology to modify his environment for his own suitability so mere climatic changes won't kill us off. Even an asteroid strike might not do it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Humans Ever Go Extinct? by hakeem4(m): 6:32pm On Jul 03, 2020
This is a good question! But it would be better asked in the scientific section rather than the religious section.

Back to your question can human go extinct?
Yes we can go extinct. But the odds of us going extinct For now is quite low. If you look at the human species, over the generations we’ve evolved intelligence which would help us combat many things. But things that can make us go extinct are

1) global warming
2) pandemics
3) nuclear weapon
4) natural disaster
5) scarce resources

But I believe global warming has higher chances of making us go extinct, except we change our ways
Re: Can Humans Ever Go Extinct? by Kobojunkie: 6:33pm On Jul 03, 2020
raptex:
Is the recent pandemic and the existence of harmful microorganisms the earth's way of ridding itself of existing organisms? If so, what does this mean for the human race? Can Humans Ever go exist?
As far as the planet is concerned, the rule has always and will always be the same, "survival of the fittest".
No one can predict these things.
Re: Can Humans Ever Go Extinct? by lordm(m): 10:58pm On Jul 03, 2020
Big yes
Re: Can Humans Ever Go Extinct? by budaatum: 11:54pm On Jul 03, 2020
raptex:

That's one way of seeing I suppose, if one looks from the extinct perspective. Looking from the survival's perspective however, those that have survived might have done so because they adapted and thrived.

Human's have fortunately fed on the fruits of the tree of the knowledge and developed a consciousness that is aware that time extends far into the past and will extend much further into the future so we plan ahead to overcome conditions that might make us go extinct.

In fact, we are so far advanced in consciousness than our forebears who's thoughts came from the Gods, that we concern ourselves with the animals and trees that might be going extinct and have reversed some extinctions and even rather arrogantly assume we can stop the planet Earth from going extinct!

In the future sometime, by like the year of our Lord - though I doubt it will be called that - 4000AD, conscious beings will contemplate us humans of today as we contemplate homo sapiens of 300k ago.

They'd only say we were extinct if they somehow forgot they evolved from us, and considering how much we are talking and writing and opening threads on it, they'd have to be extremely stupid and ill-adapted that one should wonder how we survived so long. They sure would have deserved to have gone extinct long before us so even we today were extinct.

No, I don't think we humans will ever be extinct. I think the date will someday be 200,000AD and humans will have evolved into the conscious beings of the time and continue to survive provided we don't kill Earth first. And even then, some might survive on Venus until Mercury is ready for the life we've evolved into.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Humans Ever Go Extinct? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 05, 2020
hakeem4:
This is a good question! But it would be better asked in the scientific section rather than the religious section.

I forgot Nairaland has a science section lol. There's not much activity going on down there.

(1) (Reply)

What Does This Dream Mean??... Believers Only / Covenant Day Of Fruitfulness / Are Women Created Inferior To Men?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.